Next Last
deererider

United States

#1 Jul 30, 2011
know anything about this place
he is crude

Simpsonville, SC

#2 Aug 13, 2011
jeff stuart works there need a tractor worked on ask for some one else to do it there not him
IH Lover

Greeneville, TN

#3 Aug 13, 2011
I don't like green tractors but I like Jeff He knows what he's doing beyond a shadow of a doubt He's a workaholic and a good man I'd trust him with a lot and I'd definitely trust him with my tractor.
Realist

Knoxville, TN

#4 Aug 13, 2011
I'd give Meade Tractor about 2-3 yrs. existance. Who in the hell around here is making enough money farming to buy the most expensive tractor made? John Deeres are probably the best tractor out there but, the most expensive. Sad truth in todays tough economy.
IH Lover

Greeneville, TN

#5 Aug 13, 2011
It's sad but true but they stay busier than you'd think. Who knows in this economy and the way the government keeps snuffn out the small farmer. At least ya didn't have anything bad to say bout Jeff. Lol
greene guy

Whittier, NC

#6 Aug 13, 2011
I have bought a few things out there and the folks have been really nice and helpful. Too bad the owners make it too difficult to do business here. I have been there 4 times to buy parts and everything had to be ordered. You cant buy many after market parts that will fit JD tracters so you pay out the rear for their stuff.
I can drive to Newport for JD parts ... get them faster and end up saving money even including the price of gas.
I got a 3 quotes at different times from 2 mead tractor stores and all 3 were different.There was a 25 dollar swing from lowest to highest price.... crazy...
Skippy

Gallatin, TN

#7 Aug 14, 2011
I went in there with cash in my pocket to buy a Stihl weedeater. Couldn't get the attention of anybody to help me. Too busy shooting the crap with the Good Old Boys. I went elsewhere and spent my cash.
IH Lover

Greeneville, TN

#8 Aug 14, 2011
Right right I get that Can't deny more affordable service elsewhere. Hopefully, before it's too late for Meade, they will find a balance between their overhead and their service prices. We should definitely keep trading there, at least for the items and services that are elsewhere-mediocre. Ya know, if locals supported locals, we'd all be a lot better off-especially financially.
jd lover

United States

#9 Jan 26, 2012
greene guy wrote:
I have bought a fe
w things out there and the folks have been really nice and helpful. Too bad the owners make it too difficult to do business here. I have been there 4 times to buy parts and everything had to be ordered. You cant buy many after market parts that will fit JD tracters so you pay out the rear for their stuff.
I can drive to Newport for JD parts ... get them faster and end up saving money even including the price of gas.
I got a 3 quotes at different times from 2 mead tractor stores and all 3 were different.There was a 25 dollar swing from lowest to highest price.... crazy...
keep driving to newport the arabs need your money !
Minneapolis Moline

Mooresville, NC

#10 Jan 27, 2012
To be the most expensive tractor sales are quite good. Several of my good friends work there,one of them is in sales. I ate lunch with him last week and he said they sold eleven tractors last month. The old dealership(lee tractor) had too many drains on their finances. Mead is keeping it simple,the customer.
jd lover

United States

#11 Jan 29, 2012
Realist wrote:
I'd give Meade Tractor about 2-3 yrs. existance. Who in the hell around here is making enough money farming to buy the most expensive tractor made? John Deeres are probably the best tractor out there but, the most expensive. Sad truth in todays tough economy.
w
We'll take that bet !
jd lover

United States

#12 Jan 29, 2012
They will always treat u right and at a fair price I think no may never be the cheapest !
jd

Blacksburg, SC

#13 Jan 30, 2012
I would like to have that 4440 or the 4020 they got settin out there.
JusticeNtruth

Butler, TN

#14 Mar 27, 2012
Honestly Prices are a little too high in these stores.
curvedancer

Nashville, TN

#15 Mar 27, 2012
Would have loved to have done business at Meade. Prices are a little to high the mower I wanted wasn't in stock? With cash in hand they would not come down on their price? So after the last visit they still would not come off the price but 100 dollars? Wtf called Newport John Deere and they beat Meade to death on price. A twenty minute drive for about 500 dollars difference. I think I can drive to Newport several times for that amount of money.
go ahead

Franklin, TN

#16 Apr 3, 2012
Go ahead then buy your lawn mower from a tire store. They sell lawn mowers on the side. Just hope you don't have to ever take it down there to have it worked on...Newport Tire will be out of the mower business before too long.. Deere is fixing to shut them down.

Since: Jul 11

Kingsport, TN

#17 Apr 3, 2012
bought my new john deere x300 at newport it would not run right and smoke alot they did not want to take it back john deere has a 30 day money back if its not right. come back and bought it in greeneville and it runs great some times it dont pay to save a dollar
curvedancer

Albemarle, NC

#18 Apr 3, 2012
Well that's why the come with a warranty. Any John Deere distributor has to honor the warranty, whether they like it or not. Newport has been in the Deere business longer than any that has been in g-Vegas anyway.
Old guy

Cowpens, SC

#19 Aug 9, 2012
curvedancer wrote:
Well that's why the come with a warranty. Any John Deere distributor has to honor the warranty, whether they like it or not. Newport has been in the Deere business longer than any that has been in g-Vegas anyway.
. And down, downin the ring of fire they go!
Amy

Roanoke, VA

#20 Aug 11, 2012
I have family there and they are selling tractors like candynbars! They opened up several new stores! I'm almost positive they will be around for many years to come!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Renee Fillers and Matthew Blow 11 min Friend 17
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 20 min Julia 152,172
ISIS home schools 28 min Focus on theMONEY 3
ROBERT SAYNE refuses to cut his pay 48 min Slugish Minds 3
Sould we caffeinate children at School House door 50 min Slugish Minds 1
INTRUDER ALERT White House violated BIDEN VP 1 hr Cheap LaborGOP 1
melodie evans in jail again 1 hr yolo 17
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 7 hr Agnus 4,505
south greene football 10 hr CampCreeper 92
Funeral processions 16 hr From Jenny xoxo 19

Greeneville Jobs

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info