Can anyone rcommend a Baptist Church near Chuckey?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Johnson City, TN

#1 Sep 14, 2013
Recently moved here. Thanks in advance.
this not place

Greeneville, TN

#2 Sep 14, 2013
Go to my greeneville on facebook...I wouldn't put name of my church on here...to much namecalling slander with no name attached
knows

Johnson City, TN

#3 Sep 14, 2013
I can suggest a few that you shouldn't attend.

“is your friend ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#4 Sep 15, 2013
knows wrote:
Me too.
WTH

Johnson City, TN

#5 Sep 15, 2013
knows wrote:
Enon is one.
Seriously

Jonesborough, TN

#6 Sep 15, 2013
I went to a Baptist church when I was a child. It was the most backwards situation I have ever been a party to. Women not allowed to cut their hair, wear makeup or pants. When someone came to speak to my mother because someone had seen her at the grocery store in pants....she was done. Thank goodness! Religion can mean many things but when it means that a woman is less than a man and must obey them....that's a cult and not healthy for anyone. Stay away!
Eve

United States

#7 Sep 15, 2013
In my opinion, Muslims and Baptists appear to have very common beliefs about women.
theangryguy

Johnson City, TN

#8 Sep 16, 2013
Newbie wrote:
Recently moved here. Thanks in advance.
BIG MISTAKE IF YOU MOVED HERE FROM ANOTHER STATE! TENNESSEE WILL ROB YOU BLIND AND CHARGE YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN MAKE TO LIVE HERE! GO BACK TO WHERE YOUR FROM, WE DON'T WANT OUT OF TOWN PEOPLE HERE ANYWAYS!
Nightmare_on_Dog wood

Gloucester, UK

#9 Sep 16, 2013
theangryguy wrote:
<quoted text>
BIG MISTAKE IF YOU MOVED HERE FROM ANOTHER STATE! TENNESSEE WILL ROB YOU BLIND AND CHARGE YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN MAKE TO LIVE HERE! GO BACK TO WHERE YOUR FROM, WE DON'T WANT OUT OF TOWN PEOPLE HERE ANYWAYS!
im an atheist but i agree that we hate out of town people here. go back!
yep

Johnson City, TN

#10 Sep 16, 2013
Stay clear of Baptists.
Facts is facts

United States

#11 Sep 16, 2013
Seriously wrote:
I went to a Baptist church when I was a child. It was the most backwards situation I have ever been a party to. Women not allowed to cut their hair, wear makeup or pants. When someone came to speak to my mother because someone had seen her at the grocery store in pants....she was done. Thank goodness! Religion can mean many things but when it means that a woman is less than a man and must obey them....that's a cult and not healthy for anyone. Stay away!
The hateful atheist troll is here again.
Wow

Johnson City, TN

#12 Sep 16, 2013
Horse Creek Church of God or Liberty Free Will Baptist
Wow

Johnson City, TN

#13 Sep 16, 2013
Seriously wrote:
Really you need to read your bible this is what the bible says

Ephesians 5:23

For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.

1 Timothy 2:11-15

Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.

Deuteronomy 22:5 ESV / 63 helpful votes

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

1 Timothy 2:9

Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,

1 Peter 3:3-4

Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious

As for obeying what the Lord has said this is what the bible says

John 14:15

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

But it shall come to pass, if you do not obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all his commandments and his statues which I command you today, that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you: cursed shall you be in the city and cursed shall you be in the country. Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. Cursed shall be the fruit of your body and the produce of your land, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks. Cursed shall you be when you come in and cursed shall you be when you go out. The Lord will send on you cursing, confusion and rebuke in all that you set your hand to do, until you are destroyed and until you have perish quickly, because of the wickedness of your doings in which you have forsaken me. The Lord will make the plaque cling to you until he has consumed you from the land which you are going to possess.~Deut 28:15-21~NLT

So to sum it up for you the man is the head of his house just as the Lord is head of the church and a woman must obey her husband jsut as she obeys the lord. Women should not wear makeup, cut hari, of wear jewlery becuase this is not being modest and humble and showing her true beauty. Finally it's not that you have to obey the book but If you don't you will go to hell forever and burn day and night without sleep. SO I would advice you to read your bible carefully and get right with the Lord before it's too Late.
R Dawkins

Kingsport, TN

#14 Sep 16, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>SO I would advice you to read your bible carefully and get right with the Lord before it's too Late.
I would "advice" you to suck it.

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#16 Sep 17, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.
Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.
“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.
Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,
Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious
But it shall come to pass, if you do not obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all his commandments and his statues which I command you today, that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you: cursed shall you be in the city and cursed shall you be in the country. Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. Cursed shall be the fruit of your body and the produce of your land, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks. Cursed shall you be when you come in and cursed shall you be when you go out. The Lord will send on you cursing, confusion and rebuke in all that you set your hand to do, until you are destroyed and until you have perish quickly, because of the wickedness of your doings in which you have forsaken me. The Lord will make the plaque cling to you until he has consumed you from the land which you are going to possess.~Deut 28:15-21~NLT
So to sum it up for you the man is the head of his house just as the Lord is head of the church and a woman must obey her husband jsut as she obeys the lord. Women should not wear makeup, cut hari, of wear jewlery becuase this is not being modest and humble and showing her true beauty. Finally it's not that you have to obey the book but If you don't you will go to hell forever and burn day and night without sleep. SO I would advice you to read your bible carefully and get right with the Lord before it's too Late.
You are the last person that should be quoting Bible scriptures on here.. just sayin'
Dude

United States

#17 Sep 17, 2013
Seriously wrote:
I have gone to Baptist churches from time to time my entire life and outside a small number of women when I was younger who didn't cut their hair and wore the odd skirts, I met some really nice people who were not like "cult" members as you describe it. Funny how people bash Christians. Don't go to church because it is like a cult, there are judgmental people, hypocrites and the excuses go on. It's like me saying I'll never go to the grocery store or Wal-Mart because there are too many idiots or the cashiers are stupid. I continue to go to pick up what I need. Same with church, humans will be there and everyone is different, so there will be some people you don't particularly agree with. Believe in the Christian life or not, the Bible teaches morality and peace, qualities everyone should be happy to cling to.
James

Elizabethton, TN

#18 Sep 17, 2013
The Baptists just preach one way, but do the other. I don't know about the hair and dress code.
Wow

Johnson City, TN

#19 Sep 17, 2013
FriendofDog wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the last person that should be quoting Bible scriptures on here.. just sayin'
You don't even know me!! I will pray for you.
Seriously

Johnson City, TN

#20 Sep 17, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
It has never made any sense to me when people quote the bible to an anthiest. I have done allot of studying of this book and the more I have read, the worse it gets. Talking snakes, people turning into salt, the killing of children and men allowing men to rape their daughters. No thanks!
Seriously

Johnson City, TN

#21 Sep 17, 2013
Facts is facts wrote:
<quoted text>
The hateful atheist troll is here again.
This was my experience. I am not hateful nor am I a troll. But thanks for judging me like jesus commanded you not to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 20 min NobodyUKno 63
Brandon Parton (Sep '10) 23 min Omg 69
How offen do u eat her out? 23 min Dr Wu 23
Why so paranoid? 32 min Veronica 23
Ever did it with a family member 45 min From Jenny xoxo 6
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 49 min Word Woman 5,581
Interesting article about internet trolling.... 54 min Greene Light 2
Feeling lonely for the holidays 59 min Greene Light 106
Principal at Mosheim 13 hr oh lawd 55
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:21 am PST

ESPN11:21AM
Rivera 'confident' Newton will start Sunday
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
ESPN 9:39 AM
Setback-free Newton to start against Browns
NFL11:45 AM
Panthers' Cam Newton named starter vs. Browns