Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Feb 13, 2013
Lmao

Greeneville, TN

#1 Feb 8, 2013
Kinda of a two part question I'd like to know what everybody else thinks. Please tell me and thanks for your time.

Do you think this town (Greeneville / Greene county) in whole is better now than it was in the early 90's?

Has the leaders taken us in the right direction?
scrounger

Greeneville, TN

#2 Feb 8, 2013
No it isnt.I was in my 20's in the early 90's.This place is a ghosttown compared to then.If you were willin to work you could find a job.The daily news wasnt dominated by thefts and drugs and you could actually go out on Fri/Sat night and have a good time.All the kids have to do today is drugs and lay around and make babies. This whole country has slowly went to $hit since 911.
Just Me

Greeneville, TN

#3 Feb 8, 2013
I agree this whole country has went to sh&*, but I think Greeneville has a lot worse than others. JC still doing pretty good. JC doesn't have the mentality that you should be home and in bed by 8pm.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#4 Feb 8, 2013
Just Me wrote:
I agree this whole country has went to sh&*, but I think Greeneville has a lot worse than others. JC still doing pretty good. JC doesn't have the mentality that you should be home and in bed by 8pm.
Johnson City has many things going for it that Greeneville does not. They are located close to an airport. They have an economy not based on industry. They have a state university. And the majority of their population is condensed near the city. Greeneville and Greene County have none of these. It isn't so much the mentality of the town as it is the other factors listed. Once our industries began drying up our town had little chance of thriving. It does seem a lot more depressing here than in the 90's. I will grant you that.
LMAO

Greeneville, TN

#5 Feb 8, 2013
Pretend 2 B Normal wrote:
<quoted text>
Johnson City has many things going for it that Greeneville does not. They are located close to an airport. They have an economy not based on industry. They have a state university. And the majority of their population is condensed near the city. Greeneville and Greene County have none of these. It isn't so much the mentality of the town as it is the other factors listed. Once our industries began drying up our town had little chance of thriving. It does seem a lot more depressing here than in the 90's. I will grant you that.
But don't you agree that the leaders made each town what it is today? Our leaders are still living in the 50's. I liked Mayberry too, but it is dead and gone and never coming back.
idk

Johnson City, TN

#6 Feb 8, 2013
I know when I first got out of school there were enough factory jobs to go around for anyone who wanted one. Now a lot of the factories are closed and the buildings are sitting empty. This town is still a good town, it has just stopped thriving. I really don't think we are better off now. I think the government as a whole are responsible for the way things are now. It kinda like someone with a credit card going on a spending spree and maxing it out. Those bills eventually have to be paid. So cut up the card and pay off the debt and get yourself out of the hole you've dug yourself into.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

#7 Feb 8, 2013
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
But don't you agree that the leaders made each town what it is today? Our leaders are still living in the 50's. I liked Mayberry too, but it is dead and gone and never coming back.
Unfortunately I don't know enough about what it takes to run a town to form an opinion. I do know that I have seen jobs decrease and drug abuse and theft increase. But I see those same trends all across the country. There are very few regions that are not struggling right now. The bad part is that the areas that were heavy reliant on manufacturing are struggling worst of all. So I don't know how much I put on our local leaders. I'm sure there are some things that could be done differently but I don't know how much of a difference it would make. But like I said I am not overly knowledgable in the local government.
WOW

Dandridge, TN

#8 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Unfortunately I don't know enough about what it takes to run a town to form an opinion. I do know that I have seen jobs decrease and drug abuse and theft increase. But I see those same trends all across the country. There are very few regions that are not struggling right now. The bad part is that the areas that were heavy reliant on manufacturing are struggling worst of all. So I don't know how much I put on our local leaders. I'm sure there are some things that could be done differently but I don't know how much of a difference it would make. But like I said I am not overly knowledgable in the local government.
Honesty, what a strange concept. Then again, obviously being knowledgable of local government must not be a requirement to participate as a member of local government. Sadly for some, honesty has no place at the table either. Gee, who was it that introduced NAFTA ?
really

Hermitage, TN

#9 Feb 8, 2013
PRIDE,we have lost it,every were you look its this town sucks,this towns dead.People used to care about this town,loved this town.The leaders of this town need to do somethings to build this town back up and that starts with its greatest asset.THE PEOPLE!
Just Me

Greeneville, TN

#10 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Don't put all your eggs in one basket. I guess they did.
theangryguy

Greeneville, TN

#11 Feb 9, 2013
Lmao wrote:
Kinda of a two part question I'd like to know what everybody else thinks. Please tell me and thanks for your time.
Do you think this town (Greeneville / Greene county) in whole is better now than it was in the early 90's?
Has the leaders taken us in the right direction?
No! It's full of crooked cops,judges,lawyers,businesses , you name it, everyone is out to take whatever they can from the other! It will never be the same, the 80's were great I think and if anything, life will only get worse from here!
shett eater in bloodline

Knoxville, TN

#12 Feb 9, 2013
theangryguy wrote:
<quoted text>
No! It's full of crooked cops,judges,lawyers,businesses , you name it, everyone is out to take whatever they can from the other! It will never be the same, the 80's were great I think and if anything, life will only get worse from here!
like ive said 100 times before its a DEADBEAT MF pill poping . check drawing. handycap sleep to diner tag . town useless bunch. hellll on on about tha 2 of the month justgo down to sav a lot parking lot and set and watch the sweet hogs and deadbeats poor in . lol in youns all can kiss my a double ss
Just sayin

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 12, 2013
I see all of you have something negative to say about Greeneville and Greene co, but how many of you attended tonights meeting on town revitalization? Wanna do something about it?? Call your town hall...there are currently 5 action groups that have been formed to help develop strategies to make a better town and county.
livinginthenow

Greeneville, TN

#14 Feb 12, 2013
3 words OLD Money Gone !!!!!!
Just Me

Greeneville, TN

#15 Feb 12, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
I see all of you have something negative to say about Greeneville and Greene co, but how many of you attended tonights meeting on town revitalization? Wanna do something about it?? Call your town hall...there are currently 5 action groups that have been formed to help develop strategies to make a better town and county.
Yeah but those groups just want to fix downtown up with old folks stupid shopping stores. Anything past 9pm is considered trouble making, trash, hangouts.

Our leaders wants everyone in bed by 9 and in church 5 days a week. And they want to tax you to death and anyway else they can get your money. I think Greeneville is being run by Stalin's grandchildren.
Charlie

United States

#16 Feb 13, 2013
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't put all your eggs in one basket. I guess they did.
hi alan

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mother who smoked meth with her kids 2 min Wanda Ramsey 1
10.3 Local Unemployment Obamaism 4 min Kohlrabi 7
REPUBLICANS got your vote now unemplyment comes 8 min Kohlrabi 8
HILLARY will be next president run who you like... 8 min Dr Wu 6
9 year old with UZI 15 min Dr Wu 15
Possible poor people neglect in Green county 18 min Kohlrabi 7
Obamaism 29 Hour Work Week 35 min Democrappies 4
Laughlin Memorial Hospital 1 hr Release 8
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr NTMD8OR 145,924
south greene football 2 hr SG91 40
Davis Street 12 hr CampCreeper 33
old men at greystone dump 14 hr visitor 16
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search