|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2010

Judged:

Truth wrote:
A person's sexual orientation has nothing to do with their capabilities as a teacher. Period.
What if its a sunday school teacher? I think it would make a world of difference.
Hello

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

be dang wrote:
<quoted text>What if its a sunday school teacher? I think it would make a world of difference.
I'm guessing that if those are truly your feelings, you belong to a church where gays are not welcome anyway, and a gay Sunday school teacher would never be allowed. If you do indeed belong to a church where they are welcome, you must not be paying attention to the lessons being taught.
truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

being gay is an abomination to god
truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

and its nobodys business but their own and gods if they are or ot. being gay has nothing to do with your job.that should not matter. by the way they are much nicer
Truth

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

I hate it when complete idiots use my screen name to post stupidity on topix. We do not have the right to judge anyone, period. Would you refuse to let a gay man or woman enter your church? If so you need to get right with your God. Your screen name is truth, but you do not know what the word means. How do you know that being gay is an abomination to God? Because the old testament says so? Are you absolutely certain you haven't misunderstood the teachings in the bible? Furthermore, it also says that a bride who is not a virgin on her wedding night should be killed (it isn't said in those words of course, but the meaning is the same); should we also abide by this and kill all women who are not virgins on their wedding day? Should we also stone people to death? I honestly cannot stand stupidity. We are put here for such a short length of time and it should not be spent hating other people for no other reason than who or what they are. Gay or straight, I don't care, so long as my child is receiving a good education by teachers who care about them and want to help them succeed. End of Story.
DES

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

FTW wrote:
My 8th grade teacher was gay he was a great teacher.
Mine was too and he was one of the best teachers I've ever had, also one of my favorites by far.
DIXIE IRON FIST

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

I openly detest and ridicule gays,and if in the event one of my children become placed with a "gay" teacher I WILL have them moved to another class,as I do not want any kind of irregular behavior displayed/influenced on my childern.
just my thoughts

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

be dang wrote:
<quoted text>What if its a sunday school teacher? I think it would make a world of difference.
There is a local church that preaches that all gays are going to hell, BUT they have a gay guy who is a Sunday School teacher. He lives with his partner & the church don't seem to mind. He is a pervert teaching little kids---very gross!
I personally don't think that a gay should be a sunday school teacher. I can't see being gay & claiming to be a christian!

Since: Dec 09

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

DIXIE IRON FIST wrote:
I openly detest and ridicule gays,and if in the event one of my children become placed with a "gay" teacher I WILL have them moved to another class,as I do not want any kind of irregular behavior displayed/influenced on my childern.
Why would you mind allowing your kid being around "any kind of irregular behavior" when he/she obviously is exposed to it at home?
Cal Cueless

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

They should only be allowed to teach Math.
Gee Ometry

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Perhaps they might be able to explain the Pythagorean theorem with their primary interest being the length of the hypoteneuse.

Since: Dec 09

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

just my thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a local church that preaches that all gays are going to hell, BUT they have a gay guy who is a Sunday School teacher. He lives with his partner & the church don't seem to mind. He is a pervert teaching little kids---very gross!
I personally don't think that a gay should be a sunday school teacher. I can't see being gay & claiming to be a christian!
I can't see how someone can make comments like yours and claim to be a Christian (BTW, Christian is a proper noun and should be capitalized).
Wondering

Adelanto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

How would you feel if you seen the teacher or teachers out with their partners eating, watching movies and holding hands. How would that play into your feelings?
Wondering

Adelanto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

My personal feeling on this subject if this! I have no problem with the personal sexual choices of any one in any line of work. The only time I would have a problem is if some one was a pedophile and worked around children. But being gay and being a pedophile are 2 very different things. And should not even be compared (sorry if it sounds like I did). I have known some wonderful people in my life that have been gay and have been in some very respectable jobs and they have done fantastic jobs so my point is out don't matter sexual orientation you are you can do any job just as well as us straight people.
just my thoughts

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2010

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't see how someone can make comments like yours and claim to be a Christian (BTW, Christian is a proper noun and should be capitalized).
I dont claim to be a Christian (see its now capitalized). I gave up going to church years ago because of hypocrites like the gay pervert who teaches Sunday School as well as many others!
And no I can't see how you can be a Christian (capitalized again for you) and be gay especially when the church you attend preaches that if you are gay you are going to hell!
This guy I mentioned is a pervert. You should see him being all "hands on" with the little kids!
My point was, if a church preaches or believes one way it ought not to turn a blind eye on the sin just for the sake of not hurting Mr Light in the Loafer's feelings or that of his equally gross partner.
These homosexuals live next door & get outside & carry on with each other in front of my child, very wrong for a same sex or hetrosexual couple to do that! Makes for a hard conversation with your child! You can say something to them & ask them not to do that but apparently they think because they are gay they have a right to flaunt it anywhere they want. I am tempted to turn the hose on them since they act like a bunch of nasty dogs in heat!
WALLACE

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

all gays (gender benders)suck!!!!!!
off subject

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

Judged:

Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing that if those are truly your feelings, you belong to a church where gays are not welcome anyway, and a gay Sunday school teacher would never be allowed. If you do indeed belong to a church where they are welcome, you must not be paying attention to the lessons being taught.
So this goes a bit off the topic of this forum.....but I'm commenting anyways. Does God not teach us to love everyone regardless? Does He also not teach that it is He who judges us? It appears to me that if churches "aren't welcoming" homosexual people then the churches doing this could be the ones truly shaming God! I believe according to God that ALL people are welcome in his House. Also, I believe He says to love everyone even your closest enemies because you never know when you're staring an Angel in the face! So in regards to the gay teacher question.....as long as your child is being correctly educated and the teacher is not harming your child or trying to influence your child on the gay culture (as this is not a lesson included in school curriculum and therefore unnecessary conversation) then what the hell is the big damn deal?
Jewbag

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

I think if someone wants to fairy around my kids they need to do it somewheres else.. I dont want them spreading their gay all over the place..
bad

Chuckey, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
How do you feel about this?
Looks like the devils doing a good job.Always going to be sin in this sinful world.I guess these people would rather go to hell than heaven.
NobodyYouKnow

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

Judged:

Jewbag wrote:
I think if someone wants to fairy around my kids they need to do it somewheres else.. I dont want them spreading their gay all over the place..
Being a Christian, I don't approve homosexuality, but if the teacher is one of the best in the school and he's queer, then his sexuality shouldn't get him fired. Personally I rather my child's teacher be gay, rather than being a Jew.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of143
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Congratulations Broyles you are making nationwi... 16 min Kendall Grove 17
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 51 min Agnus 3,362
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 58 min Gunslinger 122
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 1 hr Lmao 172
Sheriff Department Budget 1 hr really 15
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr WAC 8,898
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 hr WTSenior 140,563
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••