Next Last
Wondering

Smyrna, TN

#1 Nov 3, 2010
How do you feel about this?
Real Deal

Trenton, NJ

#2 Nov 3, 2010
My children are grown and have graduated,so my input may not be very pertinent at this time.I am sure during the course of their education one or more of my kids had a gay teacher.None of them are gay or seem the worse for it.I think they should teach well(which isn't easy) and live their life as they see fit.No problems here.
think about this

Knoxville, TN

#3 Nov 3, 2010
Gay is fine as long as they're not a flamer.
Basher

Knoxville, TN

#4 Nov 4, 2010
The men suck.
thom

La Vergne, TN

#5 Nov 4, 2010
We should evaluate a teacher based on how well they do their job, not on who they choose to hold hands with on their personal time.

So speaking of gay, are you all aware of this local resource?

www.northeasttennesseepride.com

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#6 Nov 4, 2010
I believe that this stuff shouldn't be allowed to be talked about in schools. You can't talk about JESUS in school why should you be able to talk about this. Leave people alone and let them live there lives. A gay person can teach a kid the same things as a strait person. If they quit doing there jobs then we have a problem gay or strait.
FTW

Johnson City, TN

#7 Nov 4, 2010
My 8th grade teacher was gay he was a great teacher.
think about this

Knoxville, TN

#8 Nov 4, 2010
I would agree that a gay can teach just as well as a straight but it's not only the lessons that children learn in school. They also develop a sense of who they are. Like I said before, if my child had a gay man as a teacher it wouldn't bother me as long as he wasn't a flamer. Teaching my son how a man walks, and talks, and treats people, or stands up for something is my job as his father and I wouldn't want someone who looks like a man but acts like a woman influencing what my son learns about being a man.
yumm

Fort Campbell, TN

#9 Nov 4, 2010
GHS GRAD wrote:
I believe that this stuff shouldn't be allowed to be talked about in schools. You can't talk about JESUS in school why should you be able to talk about this. Leave people alone and let them live there lives. A gay person can teach a kid the same things as a strait person. If they quit doing there jobs then we have a problem gay or strait.
Yeah but they going talk good about the gay life like it is right.Be nice if everyone believe the way that is right,but i guess not.I guess this world not suppose to get any better according to the bible.I know come back people talk about the bible it aint real you cant wait.
hatin

Brentwood, TN

#10 Nov 4, 2010
its none of anybodys business

Location hidden

#11 Nov 5, 2010
think about this wrote:
I would agree that a gay can teach just as well as a straight but it's not only the lessons that children learn in school. They also develop a sense of who they are. Like I said before, if my child had a gay man as a teacher it wouldn't bother me as long as he wasn't a flamer. Teaching my son how a man walks, and talks, and treats people, or stands up for something is my job as his father and I wouldn't want someone who looks like a man but acts like a woman influencing what my son learns about being a man.
I agree with you on this one. I have a 2 year old son and i don't want someone like that influencing him. Never looked at it that way.
on welfare maybe

Johnson City, TN

#12 Nov 5, 2010
GHS GRAD wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on this one. I have a 2 year old son and i don't want someone like that influencing him. Never looked at it that way.
Just wondering, since you seem to post all day long (I am retired and do it for fun) and since we now know that you are young and have a 2-year-old, do you work?
it is according

Johnson City, TN

#13 Nov 5, 2010
I had a gay teacher in the seventh grade. Of course, I didn't know it at the time. He was absolutely the greatest teacher I ever had. You see back in the day, people didn't feel the need to go around discussing their sexual behavior with "the world" like the gay society of today. With the attitude of the majority of gay people today, I would most definitely have a problem with a gay person teaching anybody in my family. I detest their "you must" accept my homosexual behavior and "like it too" present day attitudes. They are so proactive in their behavior, I would become ballistic if they tried to force their way of life on anybody in my family. If they desire to keep their sex life to themselves, I have no problem.

Location hidden

#14 Nov 5, 2010
on welfare maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering, since you seem to post all day long (I am retired and do it for fun) and since we now know that you are young and have a 2-year-old, do you work?
yes actually i do work. 40- 60 hours a week. I just like SOME of the discussions on here. i also travel quite a bit for my job. and 60 percent of my day is spent fixing computers and things like that.
Avid Reader

Smyrna, TN

#15 Nov 5, 2010
think about this wrote:
Shouldn't you be teaching your son how to be a man?
Hello

Kingsport, TN

#16 Nov 5, 2010
it is according wrote:
They are so proactive in their behavior, I would become ballistic if they tried to force their way of life on anybody in my family. If they desire to keep their sex life to themselves, I have no problem.
I would hope that you would become "ballistic" if any teacher, gay or straight, tried to force their way of life on anybody in your family. ALL teachers should keep their sex lives to themselves, so being gay shouldn't be a problem!
hellyea

Fort Campbell, TN

#17 Nov 5, 2010
I dont mind as long as they leave the gay strait thing alone. Dont talk about it in school. Dont push your style that its ok.
I really dont want someone telling my kids that it's ok to be gay. It is ok to that person that is but to me its' not. IF my child ends up gay it will be their choice because that's exactly what it is a choice.
think about this

Knoxville, TN

#18 Nov 5, 2010
Avid Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I do teach my son how to be a man. I also teach him to think for himself and to question authority. Just because it's the way the crowd is going doesn't mean it's right. Do you have a problem with my statement or did you just really want to contribute nothing to the thread?
Truth

Butler, TN

#19 Nov 5, 2010
A person's sexual orientation has nothing to do with their capabilities as a teacher. Period.

Since: Dec 09

Gallatin, TN

#20 Nov 5, 2010
Avid Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
What an asinine comment! Gay men ARE men you moron! We're not a different gender or species. What a jerk!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 min here now 145,832
$80.000 for left nut (Apr '12) 11 min jennifer 19
old men at greystone dump 24 min old man 10
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 25 min Steve 3,638
Nitrogen water problem. .. 33 min emerald cunard 8
shiane foulks 50 min peanut 1
Paying too much child support (Aug '11) 1 hr Dixie iron fist 28
twested scissors 1 hr Sign of the times 12
Davis Street 1 hr Kohlrabi 30
south greene football 8 hr Pretend 2 B Normal 33
•••
•••
•••