Interested

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

I was wonder how expensive this is to complete, with the 1 or 2 days/nights a week and books and ect?, I know theres a gateway program first for people with fewer col. credits,but was just wanting a general idea of cost to complete the course to get a BS and basic info good or bad, thanks,
u are right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

Interested wrote:
I was wonder how expensive this is to complete, with the 1 or 2 days/nights a week and books and ect?, I know theres a gateway program first for people with fewer col. credits,but was just wanting a general idea of cost to complete the course to get a BS and basic info good or bad, thanks,
Check out their website...they used to have tuition costs. My only complaint was all the STUPID group projects where lazy students mooch off the hard work of others.
My opinion

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

It is a great program, (the organizational management is anyway), I enjoy it. The above post is correct, there are some piece's of shit that get into the program because of the screwed up system. I highly recommend it for WORKING adults who have families. The tuition is $1,240 per class, and the books are normally around $100.
Workerbee

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

$1240 per class,how many classes doyou have to take to graduate from scratch?, and how long is a class or how many days?, that could add up quickly, but if it helps the pay check, would ya have a total of 50k or more,
My Opinion

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

I would say you would have close to that much invested if you go that route. I am not really sure, because I went to Walters State my first two years and graduated from there first. The program I went through cost about $18,000 all together. I think it is well worth it though, because education means everything in getting a job anymore. I found that out the hard way, so I decided to bust my butt and get my degree, I have had to work since I have been able, so mom and dad didn't send me off to college after high school like most of these kids today, so if you’re in that situation, then this program is for you. I highly recommend it, because it is probably the quickest way for a working adult to get a degree. The best way to succeed is by getting a good study group, staying consistent by doing your best, and doing all of your work, and showing up to every class. You meet one night a week from 6pm-10pm, and normally you will meet one other night a week with your study group to work on a project or whatever your assignment is. The best thing to do is call the college and talk to them; they have always been really helpful and nice to me. In my opinion you probably would want to do the first two years at Walters State because it would save you a ton of money. If you can get financial aid and can afford it, go through the gateway program at Tusculum because it will save you a lot of time.
tusculum alumni

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

Judged:

I went through the organizational management program there and graduated with honors; however, having a degree from there has not helped me find a better job. I have applied for everything that it is open in several towns around Greeneville. I have vast experience but cannot get an interview. If I were you, I would find something to specialize in such as nursing, ot, pt, or social work, something that is specific; I think even the education program would be better than the business one. Tusculum's generalized management degree is not going to get you any where or help anyone find a better job. Believe me, after 4 years and 40,000....I am very disppointed!
Magna Cum Laude

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

Went through the gateway, got my Bachelor's in 3 years, spent around $20K to do it. It helped me move up in my job. Go for it.
My opinion

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

Something is wrong if this degree does not help you. Seriously, though a concentration would not hurt. You have to take what you can get with jobs right now, I know someone who got hired with a high school diploma in Greeneville recently, its not a $20 an hour job, but it is a job. People are hiring. I know for a fact, if I would've had this degree during my last interview then I would've already had the job, and I have a ton of experience and my record is as clean as a pen. Oh, I graduated with honors too.
has a degree

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

My opinion wrote:
Something is wrong if this degree does not help you. Seriously, though a concentration would not hurt. You have to take what you can get with jobs right now, I know someone who got hired with a high school diploma in Greeneville recently, its not a $20 an hour job, but it is a job. People are hiring. I know for a fact, if I would've had this degree during my last interview then I would've already had the job, and I have a ton of experience and my record is as clean as a pen. Oh, I graduated with honors too.
My record is as clean as pen as well. I will have a Master's degree in May, but I know for a fact that in Greeneville, TN a degree don't mean whooey. It's who you know that gets you a good job. Greeneville is part of the good ole boys network. I've seen people who were dumb as a stump get a position just because uncle Daddy and 'em knew somebody. You can tell by reading the topix threads on here that most everyone that lives in this town is missing a few IQ points but if they know the right people, that's all that matters.
haha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

Judged:

Tusculum is a way for losers, that can't hang at a REAL university, to get a degree. You would be better off going to Walters State or ETSU. Just sayin.
My opinion

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

has a degree wrote:
<quoted text>
My record is as clean as pen as well. I will have a Master's degree in May, but I know for a fact that in Greeneville, TN a degree don't mean whooey. It's who you know that gets you a good job. Greeneville is part of the good ole boys network. I've seen people who were dumb as a stump get a position just because uncle Daddy and 'em knew somebody. You can tell by reading the topix threads on here that most everyone that lives in this town is missing a few IQ points but if they know the right people, that's all that matters.
I will have to admit, you do have a valid point. The above post proves that!!! I am talking about the ETSU dipsh!t.
Kcd

Kings Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

haha wrote:
Tusculum is a way for losers, that can't hang at a REAL university, to get a degree. You would be better off going to Walters State or ETSU. Just sayin.
This is an idiotic statement. I travel the country in my business and work with many employers and I can assure you that they value degrees from smaller, private colleges rather than state-operated universities, which often tend to function like high schools. The bottom line is having a degree period makes you a more marketable candidate for higher paying jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••