First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cat Turd

United States

#2 Sep 26, 2013
Laat ons bidden: Wij smeken U, o God onze Heer, voortdurend de gezondheid van ziel en lichaam aan uw dienaren te geven, opdat zij door de glorierijke voorspraak der allerzaligste Maagd Maria, bevrijd blijven van de tegenwoordige beproevingen en eens het eeuwig geluk mogen genieten. Door Christus onze Heer. Amen.
southern pride

United States

#4 Sep 26, 2013
Sun Suscriber wrote:
Has anyone noticed that ever year the Greeneville Sun puts a picture on the front page above the fold of one of these events with a big headline and there is almost nobody there. This year the picture is of the South Greene event and there may be 15 to 20 people in the picture out of a school of almost 500 students, that is less than 5% of the school population. Talk about a nothing news event and yet there it is front and center. It is utter manipulation trying to force people to believe something that is not there. Since these events are voluntary and not mandatory they are a true test of the state of Religion in America among young teenagers. The question is and what the headline should read is are these absent teenagers against Religion or are they against school officials who are trying to cram Religion down their throat?
For your information jerk there were more students than what was shown in that picture. In fact all the students that were there that morning came out to the prayer. The picture couldn't hold all the students in it. So be careful before you judge. That school was grieving for the stabbing that happened and prayer was much needed.
Cat Turd

United States

#5 Sep 26, 2013
southern pride wrote:
<quoted text>
For your information jerk there were more students than what was shown in that picture. In fact all the students that were there that morning came out to the prayer. The picture couldn't hold all the students in it. So be careful before you judge. That school was grieving for the stabbing that happened and prayer was much needed.
This person does this often.Just looking for ammunition to ridicule the Christian faith.
Helpful

Greeneville, TN

#8 Sep 26, 2013
southern pride wrote:
<quoted text>
For your information jerk there were more students than what was shown in that picture. In fact all the students that were there that morning came out to the prayer. The picture couldn't hold all the students in it. So be careful before you judge. That school was grieving for the stabbing that happened and prayer was much needed.
And the prayer did what for them?

Do tell.
Cat Turd

United States

#9 Sep 26, 2013
Now I sit me down in school
where praying is against the rule.
For this great nation under God
finds mention of Him very odd.
If Scripture now the class recites,
it violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
becomes a Federal matter now.
Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
that's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.
For praying in a public hall
might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
and pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible,
to quote the Good Book makes me liable.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
and the 'unwed daddy', our Senior King.
It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong,
we're taught that such "judgments" do not belong.
We can get our condoms and birth controls,
study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
no word of God must reach this crowd.
It's scary here I must confess,
when chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
should I be shot; My soul please take!
Cat Turd

United States

#10 Sep 26, 2013
Here's your answer when you don't. Written by a child I'm school.
Cat Turd

United States

#11 Sep 26, 2013
In school.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#12 Sep 26, 2013
Cat Turd wrote:
Now I sit me down in school
where praying is against the rule.
For this great nation under God
finds mention of Him very odd.
If Scripture now the class recites,
it violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
becomes a Federal matter now.
Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
that's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.
For praying in a public hall
might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
and pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible,
to quote the Good Book makes me liable.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
and the 'unwed daddy', our Senior King.
It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong,
we're taught that such "judgments" do not belong.
We can get our condoms and birth controls,
study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
no word of God must reach this crowd.
It's scary here I must confess,
when chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
should I be shot; My soul please take!
Amen
Why

United States

#13 Sep 26, 2013
All the Christian bashing always amazes me and I will preface my comments by saying I am an athiest. I think Christians should be able to practice their religion as they please. They don't infringe on me and I actually think the US would be a better place if the core of their belief system was practiced. As for the Greeneville Sun posting a picture in the paper of the meet at the pole event, great. Most people in this area are Christians. I'd like to see these same bashers head to a city like New York City or Minneapolis, with large Muslim populations, and bash away at women with their face covered. If the praying at the pole is so offensive you'd hit Topix, surely a religion where women are treated like a possession (and in many cases like an animal) would trigger a direct confrontation.

You people who bash Christians show your weakness. Who cares what people do, so long as your toes aren't trampled!

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#14 Sep 26, 2013
Why wrote:
All the Christian bashing always amazes me
It has been going on since Christianity was introduced to the world.
Cat Turd

Asheville, NC

#16 Sep 26, 2013
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying the See You at the Pole event is only for Christians and not for Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Taoists, Buddhists, Satanists, Deists, etc,etc,etc.......??? Is this a Freedom of Religion event or Freedom against Religion event?
Those religions got to pray inside.
IMO

Greeneville, TN

#17 Sep 26, 2013
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying the See You at the Pole event is only for Christians and not for Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Taoists, Buddhists, Satanists, Deists, etc,etc,etc.......??? Is this a Freedom of Religion event or Freedom against Religion event?
Good questions!
Matthew

United States

#18 Sep 26, 2013
Matthew 5:5-6
5 ďAnd when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#19 Sep 26, 2013
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying the See You at the Pole event is only for Christians and not for Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Taoists, Buddhists, Satanists, Deists, etc,etc,etc.......??? Is this a Freedom of Religion event or Freedom against Religion event?
You having a different religion than those who are in a Christian group doesn't mean they have to practice your religion as well. And, joining at a specified place to pray was their idea. Did they refuse to let you pray to your Entity? I doubt it.
Cat Turd

Asheville, NC

#21 Sep 26, 2013
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>Go to the back of the bus, Seperate but Equal. AMEN.
You stick your foot in your mouth every time you open it

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

#22 Sep 27, 2013
Matthew wrote:
Matthew 5:5-6
5 ďAnd when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Matthew 28:19-20
"Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."
It doesn't matter how many students, teachers, or parents were there. There was spontaneous prayer in school at SGHS Tuesday morning. And God was in their midst.

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

#23 Sep 27, 2013
Why wrote:
All the Christian bashing always amazes me and I will preface my comments by saying I am an athiest. I think Christians should be able to practice their religion as they please. They don't infringe on me and I actually think the US would be a better place if the core of their belief system was practiced. As for the Greeneville Sun posting a picture in the paper of the meet at the pole event, great. Most people in this area are Christians. I'd like to see these same bashers head to a city like New York City or Minneapolis, with large Muslim populations, and bash away at women with their face covered. If the praying at the pole is so offensive you'd hit Topix, surely a religion where women are treated like a possession (and in many cases like an animal) would trigger a direct confrontation.
You people who bash Christians show your weakness. Who cares what people do, so long as your toes aren't trampled!
Thank you.
Cat Turd

United States

#25 Sep 27, 2013
Gazinga wrote:
You cannot go two miles around Greene County without seeing a Christian Church. The idea the Christian Religion is being persecuted in this country is pure BS. In fact the opposite is true, it is the Christian Religion which is trying to stamp out all other beliefs in this country. It is not satisfied with its hold on communities, it wants to deny the minds of the youth the right to scientific theories. It has become a political, dictatorial religion totally out of touch with the philosophy of Jesus Christ its founder.
I don't buy that.

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

#26 Sep 27, 2013
Gazinga wrote:
You cannot go two miles around Greene County without seeing a Christian Church. The idea the Christian Religion is being persecuted in this country is pure BS. In fact the opposite is true, it is the Christian Religion which is trying to stamp out all other beliefs in this country. It is not satisfied with its hold on communities, it wants to deny the minds of the youth the right to scientific theories. It has become a political, dictatorial religion totally out of touch with the philosophy of Jesus Christ its founder.
Back up these assertIons wIth scIence, fact, or anythIng besIdes co.jecture.
Mimi

Johnson City, TN

#28 Sep 27, 2013
Matthew wrote:
Matthew 5:5-6
5 ďAnd when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
EXACTLY!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chrissy Harvey 8 min And what 7
skanky moms who post party and drinking picture... 10 min Friend of 87
Poll Does Topics make u anshious? 11 min Friend of 2
prettiest women and men on facebook!!! 14 min shapeshift 6
Poll U like surp on ur panecakes? 1 hr Hamblenco 5
anyone know how much a load of rocks is ? (Nov '12) 2 hr jim 11
The Boles Residence 2 hr greenevillian 28
Lisa 2 hr lacy 12
***** last post wins ***** (Oct '14) 3 hr Olwen 1,754
Bible to become Tennessee state book? 5 hr Gunslinger 47
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]