First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 13

Hawesville, KY

#1 Mar 19, 2013
My 10 yr old boy went to dr to get final vaccinations before going to 6th grade. The Dr said in 6 months he should get the hpv shot. I thought it was only given to girls. I wasnt at the dr, his dad took him so i dont have alot of info. Juat want to see opinions cause sometimes drs push things they shouldnt.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2 Mar 19, 2013
That's odd indeed. My daughter is 13 and hasn't had hers yet. My son is 8 and I don't think that would fly with him!

Since: Jan 13

Hawesville, KY

#3 Mar 19, 2013
Do u think u will get one for ur dgtr? I just afraid of it cause it's new. I don't want problems 20 years later because of it. On a man, they can't get sick from hpv, they just carry it? I know it can cause cancers in women but never heard of a guy even being screened for it.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 19, 2013
kristilou wrote:
Do u think u will get one for ur dgtr? I just afraid of it cause it's new. I don't want problems 20 years later because of it. On a man, they can't get sick from hpv, they just carry it? I know it can cause cancers in women but never heard of a guy even being screened for it.
I haven't researched it enough yet. I make slow decisions.

“Why So Serious...”

Since: Dec 12

Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z A

#5 Mar 19, 2013
Are you sure your boy isn't a girl...

Or maybe your doctor doesn't know the difference...

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6 Mar 19, 2013
HPV vaccines are given as a series of three shots over 6 months to protect against HPV infection and the health problems that HPV infection can cause. Two vaccines (Cervarix and Gardasil) protect against cervical cancers in women. One vaccine (Gardasil) also protects against genital warts and cancers of the anus, vagina and vulva. Both vaccines are available for females. Only Gardasil is available for males.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#7 Mar 19, 2013
Se7en187 wrote:
HPV vaccines are given as a series of three shots over 6 months to protect against HPV infection and the health problems that HPV infection can cause. Two vaccines (Cervarix and Gardasil) protect against cervical cancers in women. One vaccine (Gardasil) also protects against genital warts and cancers of the anus, vagina and vulva. Both vaccines are available for females. Only Gardasil is available for males.
Thank you.

Since: Jan 13

Hawesville, KY

#8 Mar 19, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
Are you sure your boy isn't a girl...
Or maybe your doctor doesn't know the difference...
well he pees standing up, and he farts and he throws clothes on the floor, so yep its a boy.

Since: Jan 13

Hawesville, KY

#9 Mar 19, 2013
Se7en187 wrote:
HPV vaccines are given as a series of three shots over 6 months to protect against HPV infection and the health problems that HPV infection can cause. Two vaccines (Cervarix and Gardasil) protect against cervical cancers in women. One vaccine (Gardasil) also protects against genital warts and cancers of the anus, vagina and vulva. Both vaccines are available for females. Only Gardasil is available for males.
wow im impressed becky! Thats good info. So it can affect boys then the warts....

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#10 Mar 19, 2013
kristilou wrote:
<quoted text> well he pees standing up, and he farts and he throws clothes on the floor, so yep its a boy.
You had me at pees standing up...
Really

Elizabethton, TN

#11 Mar 19, 2013
kristilou wrote:
<quoted text>wow im impressed becky! Thats good info. So it can affect boys then the warts....
Becky is granny clampett's grand daughter. She and Jethro both got their PHD's while in the sixth grade. They are 2 really sharp individuals. You can really learn a lot from a dummy! > shakes her head and laughs like hell<

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#12 Mar 19, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Becky is granny clampett's grand daughter. She and Jethro both got their PHD's while in the sixth grade. They are 2 really sharp individuals. You can really learn a lot from a dummy! > shakes her head and laughs like hell<
Just because you "Nita" man and you "Nita" get laid doesnt mean you "Nita" be a fking b!tch...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#13 Mar 19, 2013
Se7en187 wrote:
<quoted text>Just because you "Nita" man and you "Nita" get laid doesnt mean you "Nita" be a fking b!tch...
Ouch!

Since: Jan 13

Hawesville, KY

#14 Mar 20, 2013
Se7en187 wrote:
<quoted text>
You had me at pees standing up...
um yeah, i forgot. Sorry. No offense, actually i can if i lean up against a tree.
Hello

United States

#15 Mar 20, 2013
Se7en187 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you "Nita" man and you "Nita" get laid doesnt mean you "Nita" be a fking b!tch...
You drama freaks crack me up. I did not post that. I have been VERY direct in what I have to say. Unlike all of you, I do not hide behind numerous screen names to support my cause / position nor do I create new friends to argue along with me. Get a life & please stop emailing me.
Hello

United States

#16 Mar 20, 2013
I should clarify my previous post. This "seven" (person who acts 2) has emailed me telling me to start crap on Nitta Mann. I'm not playing your games. I'm not saying awful things I've supposedly said either. Go away now
South Greene Resident

Jonesborough, TN

#17 Mar 20, 2013
kristilou wrote:
My 10 yr old boy went to dr to get final vaccinations before going to 6th grade. The Dr said in 6 months he should get the hpv shot. I thought it was only given to girls. I wasnt at the dr, his dad took him so i dont have alot of info. Juat want to see opinions cause sometimes drs push things they shouldnt.
My boys, mid and late teens, have gotten this series. You should read an article called "The New Sex Cancer" written in Men's Health Magazine (just go to their website and plug it in their browser). Our pediatrician gave me a copy of this to read before I decided to get my boys vaccinated. It specifically talks about how the vaccinations benefit boys. And, there is a specfic window of opportunity for the shots. You definitely want insurance to cover it.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#18 Mar 20, 2013
Hello wrote:
I should clarify my previous post. This "seven" (person who acts 2) has emailed me telling me to start crap on Nitta Mann. I'm not playing your games. I'm not saying awful things I've supposedly said either. Go away now
LA LA LA LA!!!
Ignoring your stupid ass...

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#19 Mar 20, 2013
And why does it let me say ass??? Because... the moderator agrees with me...

Since: Jan 13

Hawesville, KY

#20 Mar 21, 2013
South Greene Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
My boys, mid and late teens, have gotten this series. You should read an article called "The New Sex Cancer" written in Men's Health Magazine (just go to their website and plug it in their browser). Our pediatrician gave me a copy of this to read before I decided to get my boys vaccinated. It specifically talks about how the vaccinations benefit boys. And, there is a specfic window of opportunity for the shots. You definitely want insurance to cover it.
thanks ill check that out. And sounds worth is, scary huh? Thankfully good ol anthem blue cross will prob pay the majority.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason Hickman Child Molester 5 min mandowie 8
ghs football 20 min Jar Head 14
Park Overall is a loud mouth (Nov '10) 23 min riverrat2014 323
US NITROGEN buys 4 dollar horse for 150 k 26 min riverrat2014 22
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Jessie Hope 4,879
Biggest pill heads (Apr '14) 1 hr Notfree 80
do not use laughlin (Apr '13) 1 hr getalifestupid 40
(kohlrabi ) 12 hr KetchitnRun 47
Do you think there's people livening on the moon 13 hr Trunketeer 22

Winter Storm Warning for Greene County was issued at October 31 at 2:13AM CDT

Greeneville Dating
Find my Match

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]