food city 608

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
close friend

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

why should we back stores that do ppl wrong that work hard for them i have lost all faith in the mangment of the store on the asheville hwy and the snap ferry rd stores. i no of 3 ppl that work there all three are hard workers and all 3 are done wrong one has been there 29 years and lots of times work off the clock for that store and and for what? sounds like steven smith needs to pay gary helbert and roger cutshall and bland justis a visit.btw not been that many years that bland was made to step down from wrong inmoreal conduct and now going be the new store manger at the new store on the bypass, and theres cool guy gary helbert reminds me of a perv dyeing his hair has a wife works at the same store yea btw store rule no close kin works at the same store guess thats what they call good oleboyes right ? and then theres good old boy roger cutshall goes to church never dose worong thats intill u piss him off ohlets dont forget his family that works the same store on well there went store rules again greeneville his this the kind of store u want to shop at thats cuts hours fires good ppl over nothing or cuts hours. and they think no one knows about the dirty little things that go on mangers haveing sex behind closed doors btw or maybe the real reason why fc was sold back in 84???????? or writeing a young kid up over a small coment made to the wrong person for a long time things hasnt been right about both stores and its time ppl find out how dirty they are steven smith time you clean house
well

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I dont like Gary Helbert and i don't even work there, I am just a customer. I don't know why they are building yet another Food City in this town, 2 are enough! I was hoping we were getting something else in that space, I was very disappointed to find out it was another Food City. This town is paid off! I will still shop at the Ingles beside it because their bakery and deli beats Food City hands down! Steve Smith is a money hungry asshole. I wish we could get a Publix in this town, that would bring FC down a notch or two!
wow

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If they don't like it, they can find another job. If you don't like it, don't shop there. If you need peace, seek God.
well

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wow, you're a real problem solver aren't you! I hope you aren't in management but given the track record down there it's a possibility. You are telling a CUSTOMER to shop somewhere else???? We all know Steve frowns on that. Wonder what would happen if I copied your post and went to the FC site and made a complaint about you saying that to a customer? You are aware of the whole IP address being able to be identified thing right??? And what would make you think that because I have complaints about a grocery store i use means I don't have inner peace and need to seek God??? are you JUDGING me like the bible speaks against by assuming I have not already sought God in my life simply because a grocery store needs improvements? Seems maybe you should follow your own words of wisdom and stop sinning by judging others. Read your bible in your spare time, it might help you.
smh

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 10, 2013
 
well.....they would never put a publix here they only put them in highly populated areas/city's/towns.
well

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 10, 2013
 
I am sorely aware of that already, but thanks very much for you input.....smh.
beentheredonetha t

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The fact that someone has been employed at a place of business for a number of years does not make them manager or higher up material. I know a fellow who has beeen at Food City for over 20 years, He is a great person but absolutely not what I would consider management material. Personal presentation, education, work ethic and ability are all considered when giving promotions. I personally like Gary Hilbert. He appears to know his job and to do it well. As far as his wife working at the same place if it were against Food City rules I would think that the corporation would have done something about it years ago.The local stores do not set policy and the regional office should know what is going on.
49ers sadfan

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

well wrote:
I don't know why they are building yet another Food City in this town, 2 are enough! I was hoping we were getting something else in that space, I was very disappointed to find out it was another Food City. This town is paid off!
I don't know any of the involved. But they are building another food city because the city tried to attract a new grocery chain but didn't get any sign of interest from any of the national chains. So it wasn't a choice between a Food City or Publix, the choice was between a Food City or another empty building.

I'm just not sure I get your point. No offense personally, but of course they're putting in a store to make a profit, that's why any store would open. The disappointment shouldn't be directed at Food City, the city would've jumped at the chance if Publix or Fresh Market or Kroger would've shown any interest. Your anger should be directed at those chains that continue to ignore the city.

I like Ingles too, so go ahead and go there if you prefer. I personally believe Food City would make more profit if they built new stores and tried to enter the Roanoke/Blacksburg market where they have no stores. But I don't see much use in running down a local company for spending millions to open a store that would otherwise be an empty building.
smh

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 10, 2013
 
@well, i wasn't talking to you exactly i was commenting in general
oh yea

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 11, 2013
 
I heard 608 finally got rid of Jennifer House...its about freakin time!!
shopper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 11, 2013
 
I like asheville hwy better than snapps ferry. At least people are friendly there..no help at other one..too stuck up
fourwheeler

Brooksville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 11, 2013
 
Davina still work there?
Food City Employee

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

First I want to say that anyone who get's on Topix and has to unload their opinion on a business in our town is shallow! Sounds to me like someone just did'nt get their way.....stupid! Grow up, maybe that attitude is what held you back. As far as 3 "good" people losing their jobs, they did'nt lose them for no reason, they messed up somewhere along the line, perhaps several times and it finally caught up to them. Now for the one who did'nt get the promotion after working there for years....even employees have to go through an interview process with people from KVAT. It is not up to the store manager, it is a process that he has nothing to do with, he is'nt even involved in the interview. I think instead of trying to blame everybody else, perhaps you need to own up to the fact you did'nt interview well for that job. There comes a point when people need to stop blaming everybody else for their downfalls and be mature enough to own up to the fact, you just short changed yourself!
country girl

Madison, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

When does the new food city open ?

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 12, 2013
 
country girl wrote:
When does the new food city open ?
I think the original articles said it was supposed to open around November 2012 but I have not seen an updated date. I was thinking the other store (Tj maxx or whatever it is) was supposed to open in the first quarter of 2013 originally. Looks like that one will be behind as well.
Oh my bad

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 13, 2013
 
I think we should open up a McDonald s in the new food city
Anonymous

Albemarle, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 13, 2013
 
country girl wrote:
When does the new food city open ?
feb 27
Mountainman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 16, 2013
 
Food City is crooked. Google and find out what they did to Bluefield West Virginia. Food City KVAT is hated in Bluefield West Virginia. Food City KVAT is aggressive and destructive to the communities where they operate. There is also a boycott of Food City.
postmortem

Piney Flats, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 16, 2013
 
Oh my bad wrote:
I think we should open up a McDonald s in the new food city
Just what we need! Another burger joint! Wouldn't fly anyhow with one inside Wallyworld and the freestanding one just across 11E.
I KNOW

Bickmore, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Mountainman wrote:
Food City is crooked. Google and find out what they did to Bluefield West Virginia. Food City KVAT is hated in Bluefield West Virginia. Food City KVAT is aggressive and destructive to the communities where they operate. There is also a boycott of Food City.
There are many many in Bluefield Wv that literally HATE & DESPISE food city. They leased a building to keep a much much better ( and much more reasonable priced) grocer that we badly need here from getting a really good former grocery location. Food city is extremely high and overpriced and cannot(or chooses not to) compete honestly but use the dirty low down tactics they used here.They have and are hurting a whole lot of people here and there is a boycott of the Bluefield Va store...one CRAPPY food city is way more than enough in any area.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff Burns should resign (Mar '12) 44 min Pot Pie 85
Yet an another murder in Greene County 51 min Interesting 153
preg deli girl at walmart 55 min Sex buddy 3
I love this forum because?????? 1 hr Pot Pie 238
Greene County Clerk Race 1 hr Pot Pie 109
A Great Big Fck You 1 hr Non-Fan 250
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr BCAlien 123,971
Greene County Mayor's Race 4 hr bozo palace 100
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••