“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#1 Oct 26, 2013
Based on observation I feel Senator Cruz will serve one term or less. His success will be behind the scenes as in a Republican position of power, consultant, or policy advisor. Possibly even a cabinet position. Also possible as 'king-maker,' in the national Republican party. Further, I believe that his stated opinions on a number of national issues currently make him a non-starter for the POTUS elections in 2016. Democrats, independents, and moderates in his own party will not be impressed in a national election. Time will tell.
Yep

Greeneville, TN

#2 Oct 26, 2013
Buffalo Bill

Greeneville, TN

#3 Oct 26, 2013
OUTLAW RACER wrote:
Based on observation I feel Senator Cruz will serve one term or less. His success will be behind the scenes as in a Republican position of power, consultant, or policy advisor. Possibly even a cabinet position. Also possible as 'king-maker,' in the national Republican party. Further, I believe that his stated opinions on a number of national issues currently make him a non-starter for the POTUS elections in 2016. Democrats, independents, and moderates in his own party will not be impressed in a national election. Time will tell.
Large numbers of the conservative Republican base have stayed home for the last couple of Pres. elections. They feel that if their candidates are going to act like Democrats, that they might as well let Democrats be elected to office. Cruz offers an alternative to many who currently sit out the elections.

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#4 Oct 26, 2013
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>Large numbers of the conservative Republican base have stayed home for the last couple of Pres. elections. They feel that if their candidates are going to act like Democrats, that they might as well let Democrats be elected to office. Cruz offers an alternative to many who currently sit out the elections.
I still think his destiny does not include a serious run for the White House but you have a valid point.
Buffalo Bill

Greeneville, TN

#5 Oct 26, 2013
OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>I still think his destiny does not include a serious run for the White House but you have a valid point.
Did you see him in the Texas Senate debate? He is very bright, and thinks well on his feet. However, he has the entire power structure against him.
Greg

Greeneville, TN

#6 Oct 27, 2013
The insanity is that Cruz, Lee and a few others were simply looking forward seeing that ObamaCare is a train wreck and looking to delay and/or defund it. Unfortunately, Democrats and most Republicans vilified them for their stance. Interesting enough, we now have over 20 Democrats who are looking to delay the individual mandate for ObamaCare. If this ground had been given, the so called government shutdown could have been avoided. So we have the same Democrats who called Cruz and Lee traitors and every other name in the book proposing exactly what Cruz and Lee proposed. Insanity.
Greene Apple

Brazil

#7 Oct 27, 2013
Cruz seems like a publicity seeker and grand stander to me but I'll give him credit for shaking things up and stimulating debate in Washington. We need more politicians who are willing to put themselves out there, regardless of public opinion, rather than fall into blind, lock step with their party agenda. That's the problem, we need a party and political philosophy that All Americans can get behind and relate to. Elect leaders who aren't afraid to stand by their promises once elected and remain dedicated enough to their cause to reject being corrupted.
Greg

Greeneville, TN

#8 Oct 27, 2013
Greene Apple wrote:
Cruz seems like a publicity seeker and grand stander to me but I'll give him credit for shaking things up and stimulating debate in Washington. We need more politicians who are willing to put themselves out there, regardless of public opinion, rather than fall into blind, lock step with their party agenda. That's the problem, we need a party and political philosophy that All Americans can get behind and relate to. Elect leaders who aren't afraid to stand by their promises once elected and remain dedicated enough to their cause to reject being corrupted.
If Republicans had joined as one and stood against ObamaCare, Cruz wouldn't have had to go it alone and look like a grand stander. When you are the only one speaking out, a bit hard not to appear as such.

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#9 Oct 27, 2013
Greg wrote:
The insanity is that Cruz, Lee and a few others were simply looking forward seeing that ObamaCare is a train wreck and looking to delay and/or defund it. Unfortunately, Democrats and most Republicans vilified them for their stance. Interesting enough, we now have over 20 Democrats who are looking to delay the individual mandate for ObamaCare. If this ground had been given, the so called government shutdown could have been avoided. So we have the same Democrats who called Cruz and Lee traitors and every other name in the book proposing exactly what Cruz and Lee proposed. Insanity.
I like Cruz. We'll have to see how it plays out over the next few years I guess. Any Republican is better than Obama, even a friggin RINO. So, guess the conservative base will wait and see what happens. Obamacare is a train wreck of the biggest proportion.. this hasn't fully played out yet.
Greg

United States

#10 Oct 27, 2013
FriendofDog wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Cruz. We'll have to see how it plays out over the next few years I guess. Any Republican is better than Obama, even a friggin RINO. So, guess the conservative base will wait and see what happens. Obamacare is a train wreck of the biggest proportion.. this hasn't fully played out yet.
We must see to it that both Alexander and Corker are sent packing. They are liberals that can't even be considered RINOs...

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#11 Oct 28, 2013
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
We must see to it that both Alexander and Corker are sent packing. They are liberals that can't even be considered RINOs...
I agree...

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#12 Oct 28, 2013
I have also kept up with Cruz a bit. He, at one point, seemed to be a very legit man and stood for what I also consider to be sane and civil. Now, in the aftermath of this whole funding debacle, he has gotten quiet. They lost against the ACA legislation and have ran off with tails tucked. We need someone who can be comparable to THE DUKE! Or, even Clint Eastwood for that matter.

lol...
molonlabe

Newnan, GA

#13 Oct 28, 2013
Im so sick of seeing people saying they wanna see Cruz run for presidency when he's not even a natural born citizen! He was born in Canada! I don't care if he denounces his Canadian citizenship, he's not a freakin natural born citizen, period! Google people, Google
molonlabe

Newnan, GA

#14 Oct 28, 2013
& he was in president Bush's cabinet. Get informed!
Greg

Bradyville, TN

#15 Oct 28, 2013
molonlabe wrote:
Im so sick of seeing people saying they wanna see Cruz run for presidency when he's not even a natural born citizen! He was born in Canada! I don't care if he denounces his Canadian citizenship, he's not a freakin natural born citizen, period! Google people, Google
He was born in Calgary, but he is able to run for president, as his mother was a US citizen, so he was born abroad. He is a natural born citizen.
needing a change

Limestone, TN

#16 Oct 28, 2013
J.McCain was born in Panama with U.S. Citizen parents....
Benny Hill

Greeneville, TN

#17 Oct 28, 2013
needing a change wrote:
J.McCain was born in Panama with U.S. Citizen parents....
John McCain was born at a U.S. Naval Station to 2 American parents. His father was given orders to serve there. Being ordered to serve in another country should not prevent your son from becoming President. McCain has never been a citizen of another country, unlike Schwarzenegger.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#18 Oct 28, 2013
Benny Hill wrote:
<quoted text>John McCain was born at a U.S. Naval Station to 2 American parents. His father was given orders to serve there. Being ordered to serve in another country should not prevent your son from becoming President. McCain has never been a citizen of another country, unlike Schwarzenegger.
I don't think the poster was arguing that McCain can't be the president. Seemed more like a comparison. Love the passion though!
Greene Apple

Israel

#19 Oct 28, 2013
Benny Hill wrote:
<quoted text>John McCain was born at a U.S. Naval Station to 2 American parents. His father was given orders to serve there. Being ordered to serve in another country should not prevent your son from becoming President. McCain has never been a citizen of another country, unlike Schwarzenegger.
I don't think there's much chance McCain will ever be President. He needs to retire and take some of the other old has beens with him. They're WELL past their expiration date.
Benny Hill

Greeneville, TN

#20 Oct 28, 2013
Greene Apple wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think there's much chance McCain will ever be President. He needs to retire and take some of the other old has beens with him. They're WELL past their expiration date.
I agree. I was just stating his qualifications.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest pill heads (Apr '14) 5 min Notfree 80
ghs football 15 min jar fly 13
do not use laughlin (Apr '13) 25 min getalifestupid 40
US NITROGEN buys 4 dollar horse for 150 k 31 min riverrat2014 20
What u usuly get at local restrants? 47 min Country boy 21
Park Overall is a loud mouth (Nov '10) 1 hr riverrat2014 321
I believe that god gave this country to the white 1 hr Country boy 19
(kohlrabi ) 11 hr KetchitnRun 47
Another batch of Meth Heads arrested!!!! 11 hr caughtup 22
Do you think there's people livening on the moon 11 hr Trunketeer 22