Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments
8,021 - 8,040 of 8,946 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
sick

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8800
Nov 13, 2013
 
What if its mandated and parents refuse to immunize? What should be the next step? Legally? There is small chance of on set of autism from some vaccines. Some say its still with it. If a parent refuses, what then? Ideas? Or let it be?

Since: Jun 09

Harriman, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8801
Nov 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

If folks are worried about the rights of their child perhaps they should address the playmates of their child. Your child can easily communicate a virus to a playmate and if it virulent enough and if the child is susceptible enough and gets ill and perhaps dies from the virus your child gave his playmate, you get the idea. It goes to the rights of your child's playmate as well.
Autisim has been persued by the trial lawyers for yeasrs. Any disease the lawyers can attribute to any drug, or other manufactured product becomes fair game to a lawsuit. Senator H.Clinton made sure of the trial lawyers could pursue the manufacturers of vaccines and as a result these vaccines are now made overseas, commonly in France. The Pasture instate is somewhat responsible for the quality control of these same vaccines, so at least we have quality vaccines for our children. Autism being caused by the influenza vaccine s questionable at best due to the Trial lawyers hands getting into the act, they like lawsuits and Sen. Clinton made sure her fellow lawyers had plenty of manufacturers to litigate.
The vaccine does have a small risk to everyone that receives it, but the risk is far outweighed by the risk of permanent injury or death from influenza which is a serious killer. We haven't had a major pandemic since just after the first world war. Google "Pandemic" you will get the info and it will scare you.
Govt. mandating your child to have the vaccine. Is not the whole truth. The states that do require the vaccine only require that all children attending school have the vaccine, if you don't want your child to have it may home school or they will not be allowed to attend a public school. So as you see. they do not mandate that all children get the vaccine, just those that will attend a public school. That is no different that you not letting your neighbors child into your home while he is coughing and potentially spreading the flu virus to you and your family. Have you ever had someone cough into your face? Were you offended or concerned about getting a cold or flu? I myself have admonished a person that coughed into my face. I don't want their disease including the possibility of getting a very resistant form of TB. I prefer to die in my bed of old age when I'm 90 rather than at my current age many years before my calculated 90.
show

Clinton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8802
Nov 15, 2013
 
Get Real

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8806
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were born with autism then you cannot blame e vaccination.
Flu vaccine given to pregnant mothers, that's how. Mercury preferentially partitions to the placenta.

Rhogam, for RH nrgative, has twice the mercury content of the flu shot & is given 3x during pregnancy.
Hep B vaccine is given on the day of birth.

See how that works?
Get Real

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8807
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Acrodynia, more commonly called Pink Disease, ravaged children in Europe, North America and Australia in the first half of the 20th Century. Besides developing bright pink hands and feet, common symptoms included social withdrawal, lack of eye contact; loss of language; repetitive and self-injurious behaviors; body-rocking; toe-walking; sensitivity to light, noise and touch; low muscle tone; immune disorders and respiratory problems.
After decades of scientific dead-ends, the primary cause of this mysterious illness was found to be exposure to widely promoted and purportedly “safe” medicines given to infants and young children when their teeth started growing in. The drugs contained inorganic mercury. Scientists later found that 1 in every 500 children exposed to the mercury powders developed the disease as the result of an unusually strong sensitivity to mercury, likely due to their genetics. Once mercury was removed from the drugs, no new cases appeared, although those exposed still live a lifetime of suffering.

So, these individuals who had a preexisting sensitivity to ethyl mercuty were1/500.
Their grand children's autism rate is 1/25.

Imagine that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8808
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Get Real wrote:
Acrodynia, more commonly called Pink Disease, ravaged children in Europe, North America and Australia in the first half of the 20th Century. Besides developing bright pink hands and feet, common symptoms included social withdrawal, lack of eye contact; loss of language; repetitive and self-injurious behaviors; body-rocking; toe-walking; sensitivity to light, noise and touch; low muscle tone; immune disorders and respiratory problems.
After decades of scientific dead-ends, the primary cause of this mysterious illness was found to be exposure to widely promoted and purportedly “safe” medicines given to infants and young children when their teeth started growing in. The drugs contained inorganic mercury. Scientists later found that 1 in every 500 children exposed to the mercury powders developed the disease as the result of an unusually strong sensitivity to mercury, likely due to their genetics. Once mercury was removed from the drugs, no new cases appeared, although those exposed still live a lifetime of suffering.
So, these individuals who had a preexisting sensitivity to ethyl mercuty were1/500.
Their grand children's autism rate is 1/25.
Imagine that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
One more reason to use the best and safest medicine ever. One that has never been linked to a single death.
Marijuana.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/09/health/gupta-we...
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8809
Nov 24, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Flu vaccine given to pregnant mothers, that's how. Mercury preferentially partitions to the placenta.
Rhogam, for RH nrgative, has twice the mercury content of the flu shot & is given 3x during pregnancy.
Hep B vaccine is given on the day of birth.
See how that works?
See
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/thimer...

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8810
Nov 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The New Affordable Health Care Act covers immunizations. However before you sign up for it keep in mind that this little 'jewel" is buried in the fine print.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Get Real

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8811
Dec 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Armadillo wrote:
Let's take away your blood/brain barrier & shoot you full of mercury every 2 or 3 months.
Then we can see how well you fair.
shots

Dyer, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8812
Dec 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

it mak u stuupid

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8813
Dec 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

shots wrote:
it mak u stuupid
Please learn to spell before you make accusations like that.
True friend

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8814
Dec 4, 2013
 
What was that?
angel

La Follette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8815
Dec 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

No. We have to much government telling us what to do. They need to butt out.
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8816
Dec 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's take away your blood/brain barrier & shoot you full of mercury every 2 or 3 months.
Then we can see how well you fair.
It is clear that your connection with reality is at best tenuous. In simpler terms, your hostility sugests that you don't know what you are talking about.

By the way, is it fair to say that you meant fare?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8817
Dec 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

angel wrote:
No. We have to much government telling us what to do. They need to butt out.
What about JWs who refuse to let their kids get blood transfusions, saying they know the kid will die?
WTH

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8820
Dec 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is clear that your connection with reality is at best tenuous. In simpler terms, your hostility sugests that you don't know what you are talking about.
By the way, is it fair to say that you meant fare?
Is it also fair to say that you meant "Suggests" not "Sugests"?
Perhaps your hostility is showing.
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8821
Dec 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it also fair to say that you meant "Suggests" not "Sugests"?
Perhaps your hostility is showing.
It is apparent that you don't know the difference between a typo and mistaking one word for another.

Perhaps your ignorance is showing.
A beginning

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8822
Dec 6, 2013
 
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8823
Dec 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

A beginning wrote:
Their reasons for their decision is specious.
WTH

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8824
Dec 6, 2013
 
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is apparent that you don't know the difference between a typo and mistaking one word for another.
Perhaps your ignorance is showing.
Oh,just relax little guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••