Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9780 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

Get with the program

United States

#8716 Oct 5, 2013
lol funny wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of shots are you being infected with the virus. This either makes it so you don't get the virus or you don't get it as bad.. like the N1h1 (pig flu) if you don't get that shot for your children and they get it they die not get a little sick die. All my children had the chicken pox shot and none of them got a rash or broke out in anything. I got the chicken pox from my oldest kid and I can tell you its much worse on an adult. When My oldest got it there wasn't a shot. She run around like it was just another day. I laid in bed thinking I might die any time now!! Shots are important and if they were causing deaths etc the government would take it off the market you see it everyday. I understand taking it off the market after a death isn't the best. I'm worried about this new shot their giving little girls for cancer and not in any hurry to run her to the doctor to get it. I figured I'd wait until its been on the market for a while to read up on it then... that's my job. In a few years when I check into it and every things looking good she'll get one if not she won't. Its hard because we love our kids but at the same time if we don't get their shots they could die. We don't have small pox anymore because of shots.. THANK THE GOOD LORD ABOVE!
Do you guys have any idea what our government has done all throughout history? 1940 Tuskegee experiment.. President Clinton wasn't too worried about "what was on the market". I'm not into government conspiracies but you people need to wake up and look around. When you give the government everything they ask for we have nothing left. And about what is in immunizations.. Detectable amounts of mercury are in most.. Go ahead, ask next time you go.. I have. I'm not saying don't get them but at least be aware of what you are putting in your own body and your children's just because the government says it's safe. See for yourself and have a mind of your own.
Hey

Sparta, TN

#8717 Oct 5, 2013
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Infowars.
National enquirer is a better source of information.
Where you get your info?
Big Pharmas propaganda machine?

Since: May 11

Savannah, TN

#8720 Oct 5, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Where you get your info?
Personally, I think you're a shill for Big Pharma, sent to embarrass and make the alternative medicine industry look like nutballs and discredit their information.

Why do you take money from Pfizer?
Armadillo

Maryville, TN

#8721 Oct 5, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Where you get your info?
So you seem to think that the national enquirer is a reliable, reputable source. You are an idiot.
Armadillo

Maryville, TN

#8722 Oct 5, 2013
C_r_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I think you're a shill for Big Pharma, sent to embarrass and make the alternative medicine industry look like nutballs and discredit their information.
Nice
Hey

Sparta, TN

#8723 Oct 6, 2013
C_r_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you need to explain how y'all came to this conclusion.
Where's the two and two you put together.
Running your mouth is easy how about some effort on your part.
Armadillo

Maryville, TN

#8725 Oct 6, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you need to explain how y'all came to this conclusion.
Where's the two and two you put together.
Running your mouth is easy how about some effort on your part.
Work smart. Not hard.
crazy

Johnson City, TN

#8726 Oct 6, 2013
You have a choice. I choose to vaccinate my children yet my best friend refused. Mine go to public school she homeschooling hers.
hello

Morristown, TN

#8727 Oct 7, 2013
Wow that's kinda amazing
Armadillo

Maryville, TN

#8728 Oct 7, 2013
Get with the program wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you guys have any idea what our government has done all throughout history? 1940 Tuskegee experiment.. President Clinton wasn't too worried about "what was on the market". I'm not into government conspiracies but you people need to wake up and look around. When you give the government everything they ask for we have nothing left. And about what is in immunizations.. Detectable amounts of mercury are in most.. Go ahead, ask next time you go.. I have. I'm not saying don't get them but at least be aware of what you are putting in your own body and your children's just because the government says it's safe. See for yourself and have a mind of your own.
It is a sign of a person who is has a view that cannot be supported with sound evidence that those who disagree with that view are unable or unwilling to think for themselves.

It is to be noted that those who rely on anecdotal evidence and misinformation from unreliable sources are the ones who cannot think for themselves.
Newby

United States

#8729 Oct 7, 2013
Not in a million years!!!!!
FIRST do the research and find out what's in those shots!! Then YOU can be the first in line
Armadillo

Maryville, TN

#8730 Oct 7, 2013
Newby wrote:
Not in a million years!!!!!
FIRST do the research and find out what's in those shots!! Then YOU can be the first in line
It is not clear tahat you understand what research is. You need to avoid wiki's and you need to understand the difference between anecdotal evidence you get from national enquirer and jenny and real scientiifc evidence. Few conspiracy theorists are able to grasp the difference.
nurse

Johnson City, TN

#8731 Oct 8, 2013
As a pediatric nurse, I strongly recommend immunizations. I researched it because of having children myself, and I do not believe autism is related. I have worked with many children with autism and you can see autistic symptoms early on, but can not dignose until later. There has been no evidence its related. There is evidence however that immuinizations stop the spread of dangerous diseases, and if you think chicken pox is no big deal then you have never seen a baby die from complications. Again this is my personal belief and I believe if your child is going t be in a public place they should have to be updated on immunizations, children who are not should not expose children who may be to young to have shots. I have friends who have children with autism so I understand the fear, but I believe its not related. knowledge is power so know all the facts before you decide what is best for your family.
Parent

Gainesboro, TN

#8732 Oct 8, 2013
Autism comes from the babies parents not from a shot.
Something is screwed up in one of the parents genes.

Give your children the shots and save lifes.
Hey

Sparta, TN

#8733 Oct 8, 2013
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not clear tahat you understand what research is. You need to avoid wiki's and you need to understand the difference between anecdotal evidence you get from national enquirer and jenny and real scientiifc evidence. Few conspiracy theorists are able to grasp the difference.
You know-you never add anything of value you just pop on here and run down anyone who doesn't follow the program you think they ought to.
Arrmadillo

Maryville, TN

#8734 Oct 8, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
You know-you never add anything of value you just pop on here and run down anyone who doesn't follow the program you think they ought to.
You are making outragious claims about medical research and the health profession. You are the one that needs to provide the real evidence for these claims.

Innocent until proven guilty. Innocence need not be proven. You are unable to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt because your sources are shit.

It is you who have no mind of your own. That is why you have been fooled by crap passiing as science.
Hey

Sparta, TN

#8735 Oct 8, 2013
Arrmadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making outragious claims about medical research and the health profession. You are the one that needs to provide the real evidence for these claims.
Innocent until proven guilty. Innocence need not be proven. You are unable to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt because your sources are shit.
It is you who have no mind of your own. That is why you have been fooled by crap passiing as science.
No Idiot. I have looked at both sides of this issue. When you have a government that has zero credibility and drug companies that kill and destroy lives with their toxic wares and are fully aware of it, this is in my book criminal activity.
You can throw out all your scientific babble and it will never erase what has and continues to be done in the name of profit.
So you take your crap and shove it.
Armadillo

Maryville, TN

#8736 Oct 9, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
No Idiot. I have looked at both sides of this issue. When you have a government that has zero credibility and drug companies that kill and destroy lives with their toxic wares and are fully aware of it, this is in my book criminal activity.
You can throw out all your scientific babble and it will never erase what has and continues to be done in the name of profit.
So you take your crap and shove it.
You are the fool. Language that includes "zero credibility" , "scientific babble", and "kill and destroy" suggest your mind has been closed from the beginning.

Whatever is driving your opinion about this matter has nothing to do with science.
Hey

Sparta, TN

#8737 Oct 9, 2013
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the fool. Language that includes "zero credibility" , "scientific babble", and "kill and destroy" suggest your mind has been closed from the beginning.
Whatever is driving your opinion about this matter has nothing to do with science.
Reality.
Anonymous

Dallas, TX

#8738 Oct 9, 2013
Hmmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
My sons pediatrician has a sigh up in their office that effective April 1, 2011, the will not accept patient who do not get immunizations.
Can they do that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pray for Kohlrabi 4 min Preacher Bubba 4
News Female Inmate Dies After Medical 'Episode' In Jail 45 min Max Planck 78
I am tired of winning, how about you? 47 min Oh okay 49
Mixed and Black girls ??? 49 min Oh okay 43
Great jobs numbers! 51 min Oh okay 4
good girls gone bad 55 min Oh okay 4
Kilday can't handle truth 56 min Oh okay 2
Nolachuckey Teacher Fired? 2 hr Genius 59

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web