Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments (Page 368)

Showing posts 7,341 - 7,360 of8,469
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wikipedia ia hardly an academically acceptable source. At least check their sources.
The name calling detracts from your post and makes you look rather foolish.
It's not "name calling", it's just an observation of the facts.

Anyone who claims that Germany or China has a higher GDP than the US is seriously mentally deficient.

As for whether or not wiki is an academically acceptable source, I couldn't care less. I'm not trying to provide accurate _to the dollar_ data.

We out produce BOTH countries by a SIGNIFICANT margin. I don't care if it's exactly 3X what China produces or 2.85X or 3.05X. The point is they could DOUBLE their output and we'd still be in the lead.

These claims that China has "replaced us" and that we are behind both China and Germany (which for the record isn't even in third place, it's more like 5th) is just stupid.
Someone

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not "name calling", it's just an observation of the facts.
Anyone who claims that Germany or China has a higher GDP than the US is seriously mentally deficient.
As for whether or not wiki is an academically acceptable source, I couldn't care less. I'm not trying to provide accurate _to the dollar_ data.
We out produce BOTH countries by a SIGNIFICANT margin. I don't care if it's exactly 3X what China produces or 2.85X or 3.05X. The point is they could DOUBLE their output and we'd still be in the lead.
These claims that China has "replaced us" and that we are behind both China and Germany (which for the record isn't even in third place, it's more like 5th) is just stupid.
I take it that you are claiming to be qualified (licensed) to evaluate others intellectual capacity? I don't believe "fucking retard" is a term found in the DSM-I'V.

It is one thing to refute a person's claim. It is another to attack that person. It is name calling. If you cannot understand that, then consider doing some fact checking.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it that you are claiming to be qualified (licensed) to evaluate others intellectual capacity? I don't believe "fucking retard" is a term found in the DSM-I'V.
It is one thing to refute a person's claim. It is another to attack that person. It is name calling. If you cannot understand that, then consider doing some fact checking.
If you made an inaccurate claim which was based on some erroneous understanding or odd political perspective, that would be one thing.

If you said, for example: "College education does not prepare you for the workplace." You would be wrong in regards to many kinds of jobs, right in regards to blue collar jobs, and debatable depending on which college, which jobs and what was taught.

However, we aren't talking about something that's debatable. We are talking about a poster which made a VERY CLEAR and VERY QUANTIFIABLE claim about the comparison between the economies of the US, China and Germany. They weren't just a little wrong. They were EXTREMELY wrong. CATASTROPHICALLY WRONG.

They made a claim that the US economy had been surpassed by both China and Germany. That used that claim to justify their claim that Obama had destroyed America and that we've been going downhill.

NONE of this is factually accurate. It's not even CLOSE to being DEBATABLE.

On TOP of that, they went so far as to claim that I hadn't checked the numbers implying that they had and had drawn their conclusions from the numbers.

In other words, they were insulting me first.

So, I stand by my diagnosis: FUCKING RETARDED.

And I'll throw in a second on: Above Average for a Conservative.
BobbyD

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

used to be if you traveled south of the border you needed all kinds of shots before you went,,today south of the border is here,,just a matter of time before American children are exposed to one of many disease they have no immunity against,,it will be to Americans what small pox was to the Indians,,and no way will the few shots given school children protect them against all the disease coming across the boarder.in a couple more years they will need at least 50 shots,just to protect them from what will be common disease

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

BobbyD wrote:
used to be if you traveled south of the border you needed all kinds of shots before you went,,today south of the border is here,,just a matter of time before American children are exposed to one of many disease they have no immunity against,,it will be to Americans what small pox was to the Indians,,and no way will the few shots given school children protect them against all the disease coming across the boarder.in a couple more years they will need at least 50 shots,just to protect them from what will be common disease
Are you even thinking through your statement? Seriously, this is some of the most amazing muddled thinking I've _EVER_ seen.

You are claiming that we used to give people shots when they headed to subtropical areas (true... THOSE ARE VACCINES! AND THEY WORK)

Then you are pointing out that Man Made Global Warming is expanding the range of those subtropical areas (also true... though not to the extent that the US with be subtropical except _maybe_ parts of Florida which don't end up underwater).

Then you conclude that we will have disease for which we can not vaccinate because well be exposed to the disease that people would get vaccinated for before traveling abroad.?!?!??!??

Your conclusion is the OPPOSITE of your starting premise.
Someone

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you even thinking through your statement? Seriously, this is some of the most amazing muddled thinking I've _EVER_ seen.
You are claiming that we used to give people shots when they headed to subtropical areas (true... THOSE ARE VACCINES! AND THEY WORK)
Then you are pointing out that Man Made Global Warming is expanding the range of those subtropical areas (also true... though not to the extent that the US with be subtropical except _maybe_ parts of Florida which don't end up underwater).
Then you conclude that we will have disease for which we can not vaccinate because well be exposed to the disease that people would get vaccinated for before traveling abroad.?!?!??!??
Your conclusion is the OPPOSITE of your starting premise.
It seemed to me that it was illegal immigration from Mexico that was the issue for that writer.
I do not care

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

I really do not.
Moose

Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

I do not care wrote:
I really do not.
Why?

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
It seemed to me that it was illegal immigration from Mexico that was the issue for that writer.
His claim was "immigrants cause disease" which is _exactly_ the claim that previous racists have made about the Italians, the Chinese, the Irish, the Jews, etc.

In fact, it's a claim which has been made of EVERY immigrant group to come to this country, though ironically, it was only the FIRST group that truly brought diseases.

His 2nd argument was that vaccines are required for going south of the border and therefore when the disease come up here they will stop working.

That "argument" fails to be internally consistent, not to mention it clearly goes against the facts.
-Country-Cutie-

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Y not just let ur kids have instead taking chance on them getting sick.
moose lips

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

This is boring.
Uncle Earl

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

I got gas must ah been somethin I ate?
moose lips

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

Ram 48 wrote:
I say yes.
We agree.
Sleep Cheap

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

These people run a crooked business and lie about there product and there warranty and do not stand behind what they sell
Sleep Cheap Scam

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

junk, junk, and more junk is what you will get if you shop here
BoBo

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Sleep Cheap Scam wrote:
junk, junk, and more junk is what you will get if you shop here
Where is that?

Since: Jun 13

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Parents who don't get their kids immunised are putting not just their kids but everyone else's at danger, absolutely it should be mandated
no one cares

Bulgaria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Strangers Almanac wrote:
Parents who don't get their kids immunised are putting not just their kids but everyone else's at danger, absolutely it should be mandated
no one cares
God cares

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

no one cares wrote:
<quoted text>no one cares
about every one of us and loves us no matter what.
cheryl

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
His claim was "immigrants cause disease" which is _exactly_ the claim that previous racists have made about the Italians, the Chinese, the Irish, the Jews, etc.
In fact, it's a claim which has been made of EVERY immigrant group to come to this country, though ironically, it was only the FIRST group that truly brought diseases.
His 2nd argument was that vaccines are required for going south of the border and therefore when the disease come up here they will stop working.
That "argument" fails to be internally consistent, not to mention it clearly goes against the facts.
what has any people of diffrent race ever done to you. there as clean as you and the rest of everbody else moron

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,341 - 7,360 of8,469
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How can we recruit some nice ladies here? 12 min Lt Dan 304
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 17 min Julia 124,259
JEB BUSH War and courts illegal vote 1 hr The W factor wars 4
3 TIMES A BUSH now thats brilliant voting 1 hr The W factor wars 5
GOP news Rich people needs more work less pay 1 hr We Supply 1
WASHINGTON county officers DUI 1 hr No seatbelt 2
teen stabs father over a dozen times back at so... (Aug '13) 1 hr school 56
wreck 107 8 hr Visitor 27
Greene County Clerk Race 8 hr Watcher 138
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs