Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments
7,341 - 7,360 of 9,328 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
moose lips

United States

#7989 Jun 8, 2013
Ram 48 wrote:
I say yes.
We agree.
Sleep Cheap

Memphis, TN

#7990 Jun 12, 2013
These people run a crooked business and lie about there product and there warranty and do not stand behind what they sell
Sleep Cheap Scam

Memphis, TN

#7991 Jun 12, 2013
junk, junk, and more junk is what you will get if you shop here
BoBo

London, UK

#7992 Jun 12, 2013
Sleep Cheap Scam wrote:
junk, junk, and more junk is what you will get if you shop here
Where is that?

Since: Jun 13

Australia

#7994 Jun 13, 2013
Parents who don't get their kids immunised are putting not just their kids but everyone else's at danger, absolutely it should be mandated
no one cares

Bulgaria

#7995 Jun 13, 2013
Strangers Almanac wrote:
Parents who don't get their kids immunised are putting not just their kids but everyone else's at danger, absolutely it should be mandated
no one cares
God cares

Jackson, TN

#7997 Jun 13, 2013
no one cares wrote:
<quoted text>no one cares
about every one of us and loves us no matter what.
cheryl

Pikeville, TN

#7998 Jun 13, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
His claim was "immigrants cause disease" which is _exactly_ the claim that previous racists have made about the Italians, the Chinese, the Irish, the Jews, etc.
In fact, it's a claim which has been made of EVERY immigrant group to come to this country, though ironically, it was only the FIRST group that truly brought diseases.
His 2nd argument was that vaccines are required for going south of the border and therefore when the disease come up here they will stop working.
That "argument" fails to be internally consistent, not to mention it clearly goes against the facts.
what has any people of diffrent race ever done to you. there as clean as you and the rest of everbody else moron

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#7999 Jun 13, 2013
cheryl wrote:
<quoted text>
what has any people of diffrent race ever done to you. there as clean as you and the rest of everbody else moron
Learn to read. You've gotten my position 100% wrong.
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#8000 Jun 14, 2013
Vaccine injury isn't just for children.

http://brabantvsp.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/sa...

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#8001 Jun 14, 2013
Geeze wrote:
Vaccine injury isn't just for children.
/
In a perfect world where no one ever got sick or was allergic to anything, then everything would be perfect.

We don't live in a perfect world.

We do live in a world where disease epidemics pose a serious threat to the entire population and the means we have of preventing those diseases is slightly risky.

So YES, every once in a while someone is going to have a bad reaction to the vaccines. We make that sacrifice so that the other 99.99% of people don't die from the disease.

Your argument that we should let 100% of the people die to protect the .01% that might get hurt is ridiculous.
Jeoff

Johnson City, TN

#8002 Jun 17, 2013
Wake Up wrote:
Look at all the horrible diseases we have essentially wiped out in this country through immunization. The small risk is nothing compared to what we could go back to if they are not given. Small Pox, Whooping Cough, Polio, etc. are horrible diseases, and we will see them in this country again if immunization is not done. I do not think government should pay for it - parents should pay for the children they choose to bring into this world.
so many stupid people.
Ever thought maybe it was cleaner drinking water, public sewers, septic tanks....

Shots cause injury and even death.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#8003 Jun 17, 2013
Jeoff wrote:
<quoted text>
so many stupid people.
Ever thought maybe it was cleaner drinking water, public sewers, septic tanks....
Shots cause injury and even death.
So does chicken, yet people need to eat.

You are confusing the instances of exposure to disease with resistance to disease.

Our water treatment has gotten better and better for decades, yet the number of cases of measles and mumps has shot up since people like you started spreading lies about vaccination.

There is a move to hold people like you financial responsible for the damage you are causing children.
dondong

Belmont, MA

#8004 Jun 17, 2013
No, parents should not be forced to have their children immunized. If you're worried about your kid, get him immunized, then you won't have to worry about him catching anything. Why do you care about someone else's children?? MYOB.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#8005 Jun 17, 2013
dondong wrote:
No, parents should not be forced to have their children immunized. If you're worried about your kid, get him immunized, then you won't have to worry about him catching anything. Why do you care about someone else's children?? MYOB.
Because that's not how immunization works.

Immunization is not 100% effective. It works when enough people have been immunized so that a virus can't find enough hosts.

If 3/4 of a population is immunized, it's the same as having ZERO people immunized.

The virus finds plenty of hosts and sticks around, eventually finding a way to infect even the immunized.

So, we have two choices:
- NO ONE gets immunized and your children die
- EVERYONE gets immunized and your children live

If you choose to endanger the lives of everyone else's children because of your ignorance, then you should be held financially responsible for anyone who gets infected in your area.
dondong

Belmont, MA

#8006 Jun 17, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's not how immunization works.
Immunization is not 100% effective. It works when enough people have been immunized so that a virus can't find enough hosts.
If 3/4 of a population is immunized, it's the same as having ZERO people immunized.
The virus finds plenty of hosts and sticks around, eventually finding a way to infect even the immunized.
So, we have two choices:
- NO ONE gets immunized and your children die
- EVERYONE gets immunized and your children live
If you choose to endanger the lives of everyone else's children because of your ignorance, then you should be held financially responsible for anyone who gets infected in your area.
Actually, you're WRONG. What you're referring to is something called "herd immunity". You know, "sheeple" like you live in herds... THIS is how that works: if a large majority of the population gets immunized, the minority who didn't probably won't catch that particular disease. From what I've read, it has to be approx. 95% immunized for that remaining 5% NOT immunized to be, in theory, protected. Look it up. I did because what you wrote wasn't logical. So, if only ONE percent of the population is immunized, that ONE percent is protected from that particular disease, even if 99% of the population gets sick. That's why I wrote "get your own kids immunized if you're worried, and mind your own business about other people's children". DUH.

Too bad they don't have vaccines to prevent "stupid", huh?! ;9B

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#8007 Jun 17, 2013
dondong wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you're WRONG. What you're referring to is something called "herd immunity". You know, "sheeple" like you live in herds... THIS is how that works: if a large majority of the population gets immunized, the minority who didn't probably won't catch that particular disease. From what I've read, it has to be approx. 95% immunized for that remaining 5% NOT immunized to be, in theory, protected. Look it up. I did because what you wrote wasn't logical. So, if only ONE percent of the population is immunized, that ONE percent is protected from that particular disease, even if 99% of the population gets sick. That's why I wrote "get your own kids immunized if you're worried, and mind your own business about other people's children". DUH.
Too bad they don't have vaccines to prevent "stupid", huh?! ;9B
Yes it is called herd immunity and I don't have to look it up because I know quite a bit about it.

If you get immunized, you are not 100% protected from a disease. Your immune system can still be overwhelmed.

One way (the MOST COMMON WAY!) that could happen is if you are REPEATEDLY exposed to the virus.

If we have herd immunity, the odds of a particular child coming down with a disease like measles is remote because it is NOT currently present in the US.

IF a kid picks up measles at an airport, it is one case of measles, it is unlikely to spread.

HOWEVER, if 10% of the population is NOT immunized, then that kid will likely infect several kids in his school. Now we don't have one case of measles, we have seven.

And the OTHER KIDS in school are being exposed to SEVEN TIMES as much virus. So despite the fact that they are all immunized, a few of them come down with it too.

Now there's 10 cases in the school. Which provides EVEN MORE chances for the other kids to get infected.

That's how epidemics happen.

There is no valid argument for endangering the lives of other children simply because you don't want to participate in your civic duty and get your kids immunized.

The individual does not get to opt out of the responsibilities of the society and still expect to get the benefits.

So, get immunized or more back to Iran. Either way.
dondong

Belmont, MA

#8008 Jun 17, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is called herd immunity and I don't have to look it up because I know quite a bit about it.
If you get immunized, you are not 100% protected from a disease. Your immune system can still be overwhelmed.
One way (the MOST COMMON WAY!) that could happen is if you are REPEATEDLY exposed to the virus.
If we have herd immunity, the odds of a particular child coming down with a disease like measles is remote because it is NOT currently present in the US.
IF a kid picks up measles at an airport, it is one case of measles, it is unlikely to spread.
HOWEVER, if 10% of the population is NOT immunized, then that kid will likely infect several kids in his school. Now we don't have
one case of measles, we have seven.
DOCTOR Nuggin, you wrote: "If 3/4 of a population is immunized, it's the same as having ZERO people immunized". Did you not...?!
That is stupid, and a LIE. And if anyone should go back to Obamaville, it's YOU, you retarded disease-bag. YOU have bigger problems than immunizations. Get the help you desperately need.
And the OTHER KIDS in school are being exposed to SEVEN TIMES as much virus. So despite the fact that they are all immunized, a few of them come down with it too.
Now there's 10 cases in the school. Which provides EVEN MORE chances for the other kids to get infected.
That's how epidemics happen.
There is no valid argument for endangering the lives of other children simply because you don't want to participate in your civic duty and get your kids immunized.
The individual does not get to opt out of the responsibilities of the society and still expect to get the benefits.
So, get immunized or more back to Iran. Either way.
DOCTOR Nuggin, you wrote: "If 3/4 of a population is immunized, it's the same as having ZERO people immunized", did you not, sir?!

Do you understand NOW that statement is not only stupid, it's also a lie...?! YOU have more serious problems than immunization. And if anyone should be leaving for Obamaville, well, don't let the door smack ya in your couch-crusher on da way out. Get your puppies vaccinated and mind your own f****** bidness, you nosey, unbalanced busybody. Thank you. I'll pray for you. If you get a new brain in da mail, I sent it. You're welcome.
someone

Huntingdon, TN

#8009 Jun 17, 2013
dondong wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you're WRONG. What you're referring to is something called "herd immunity". You know, "sheeple" like you live in herds... THIS is how that works: if a large majority of the population gets immunized, the minority who didn't probably won't catch that particular disease. From what I've read, it has to be approx. 95% immunized for that remaining 5% NOT immunized to be, in theory, protected. Look it up. I did because what you wrote wasn't logical. So, if only ONE percent of the population is immunized, that ONE percent is protected from that particular disease, even if 99% of the population gets sick. That's why I wrote "get your own kids immunized if you're worried, and mind your own business about other people's children". DUH.
Too bad they don't have vaccines to prevent "stupid", huh?! ;9B
Could you provide a complete citation for the source of your information?
someone

Huntingdon, TN

#8010 Jun 17, 2013
dondong wrote:
<quoted text>
DOCTOR Nuggin, you wrote: "If 3/4 of a population is immunized, it's the same as having ZERO people immunized", did you not, sir?!
Do you understand NOW that statement is not only stupid, it's also a lie...?! YOU have more serious problems than immunization. And if anyone should be leaving for Obamaville, well, don't let the door smack ya in your couch-crusher on da way out. Get your puppies vaccinated and mind your own f****** bidness, you nosey, unbalanced busybody. Thank you. I'll pray for you. If you get a new brain in da mail, I sent it. You're welcome.
You call yourself a Christian?

You don't understand a goddamn thing about your religion. I am referring to the phrase "your own f***ing business"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min WTSenior 146,112
Pam Ellison (Sep '10) 13 min too sadd 31
Drug "King-pin" wink-wink Arrested 15 min Mike 16
Hannah Riddle 44 min Paul Cox 6
Debate: Gay Marriage - Greeneville, TN (Jul '10) 1 hr KiMare 7,632
twested scissors 2 hr friend of hers 20
Michael Brobeck (Sep '11) 4 hr Inquiring Minds 101
south greene football 8 hr jake 50
Laughlin Memorial Hospital 22 hr Release 12
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••