Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments
7,141 - 7,160 of 9,263 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
illuminati

Humboldt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

its so they can administer forms of birth control without people knowing. They are starting to attempt to control population growth. To many poor people and they can be overthrown

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

illuminati wrote:
its so they can administer forms of birth control without people knowing. They are starting to attempt to control population growth. To many poor people and they can be overthrown
Who's "they"?
awake

Waynesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
Nuggin, I understand the points you've made and the knowledgable and common sense way you came to your conclusions. I think you are correct in most, if not all, of them.
Narrow-minded People will never consider any evidence that conflicts with their set point of view, so you're wasting your time trying to change that "set" POV they have, regardless of what new evidence comes to light that conflicts with their "set" point of View....and we all know that things are constantly changing and we're learning new things...but they refuse to accept that Fact, too.
It's one thing that is dumbing down Americans...the refusal to acknowledge or accept change, based on new discoveries. But, there is absolutely nothing any of us can do or say, to get that through to them, so again, you're wasting your time even trying.
But, if you want to contine trying , please do...just don't expect to ever change their closed Minds. If it had been left up to them, we'd still be living in the "Cave Man" Era.
convince someone against their will and they remain unconvinced still.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

awake wrote:
<quoted text>convince someone against their will and they remain unconvinced still.
You know, awake, those are very profound words...and you're absolutely right!
So, I guess that means that there's nothing Anybody can do, to get the TEA Baggers to see where they are SO wrong, especially since they won't even consider a different POV, from the One they recently formed!
The Ones who got to them first, are the Ones' opinions they will always believe because, it's so obvious that they knew nothing up until then, and that's why they were so venerable and easily fooled. Now, because they are so Narrow-minded, they will be fooled forever! How sad, but I agree with you that, even though it's a sad Fact, it's still a Fact!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Sorry for the Double Post! Impatience on my part!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Is there immunizations for people over 50 and senior citizens?

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Wolf River Slim wrote:
<quoted text>I don`t think you know anything about Tenn or the South. Anoter thing is we don`t care about what you think,got or want.You come through our part of the country ,mind your own business we will treat your good. Get in our business and that is another story. We run thing through here and we have been for the past 200 years and intend to keep doing it. You can talk all the trash you sitting there in California, don`t mean anything here. We do it our way.We don`t,want nor are we taking your advice.Stuff it.
That would be fine if you weren't begging us for money all the damn time.

When your state can pay for itself, THEN you can make your own decisions. Until then, we're going to treat you like children because you act like children.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

awake wrote:
<quoted text>convince someone against their will and they remain unconvinced still.
Those of us in the REAL American couldn't give two sh1ts if you are convinced or not.

We just want you to behave like adults. We don't care if you believe or not. We don't care if you are mad or not. We don't care if you stick your tongue out.

Just act like a fucking adult for once in your life.

We're sick and tired of half the country constantly acting like spoiled children who are up way past their bedtime.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>I have no need to "research" vaccines, but I'm smart enough to read, and consider, the Posts of someone who, obviously, has (Nuggin), simply for the knowledge gained, alone!
It's too bad that Narrow-minded People like you, refuse to do the same, instead of spending all of what little brain-power you have, thinking up slurs and insults, to use against anybody that disagrees with you!
You have no need to comment either yet you continue to consider yourself an expert on every issue. As the other reader stated, do a little research, senile old person, before attempting to inform others with misinformation.

That's all...
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Those of us in the REAL American couldn't give two sh1ts if you are convinced or not.
We just want you to behave like adults. We don't care if you believe or not. We don't care if you are mad or not. We don't care if you stick your tongue out.
We're sick and tired of half the country constantly acting like spoiled children who are up way past their bedtime.
Such language. Funny how that got past Topix language filter, but oddly enough very appropriate to an article I just saw. Title seems to say it all.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wisconsin-dem...

Why is it that those who call for greater and greater governmental control are those least able to control themselves? Maybe the answer is in the question.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>Such language. Funny how that got past Topix language filter, but oddly enough very appropriate to an article I just saw. Title seems to say it all.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wisconsin-dem...

Why is it that those who call for greater and greater governmental control are those least able to control themselves? Maybe the answer is in the question.
I'd say you are exactly correct.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your idea of an adult is to shut up and listen to you.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say you are exactly correct.
Sadly this does seem to be the way of things. Why so many who claim to be "liberal" allow so little room for the opinions and insight of others, simply amazes me. They claim that conservatives are closed minded, yet the opposite seems to prevail.

Wouldn't it seem reasonable to think that a "Liberal" would lean more toward smaller government, greater personal liberty and freedom, and maybe even personal anarchy? If so, why is it that "Conservatives" seem to tend that way these days?

Semantics? Obviously, but only by understanding them can we see clearly what is really being said.
Good Grief

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly this does seem to be the way of things. Why so many who claim to be "liberal" allow so little room for the opinions and insight of others, simply amazes me. They claim that conservatives are closed minded, yet the opposite seems to prevail.
Wouldn't it seem reasonable to think that a "Liberal" would lean more toward smaller government, greater personal liberty and freedom, and maybe even personal anarchy? If so, why is it that "Conservatives" seem to tend that way these days?
Semantics? Obviously, but only by understanding them can we see clearly what is really being said.
You really should change your name unless the homework you speak of is first grade. I am always amazed that the ones who post non-stop trying to convince, anyone who will believe it, how smart they are, are the most ignorant! Maybe if you would type less and read more, you could actually learn something.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>Sadly this does seem to be the way of things. Why so many who claim to be "liberal" allow so little room for the opinions and insight of others, simply amazes me. They claim that conservatives are closed minded, yet the opposite seems to prevail.

Very well stated. Makes perfect sense to me but try reasoning with someone like Linda who goes thru life with blinders on only seeing what benefits themselves.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
You have _GOT_ to be kidding me.

With the exception of activities which grossly endanger the public, Conservatives have NEVER been for personal liberty.

Conservatives in Florida passed a law allowing the family of President to make life or death decisions in a specific woman's medical situation.

The government doesn't get bigger or more intrusive than that.

Conservatives want to mandate religion.
Conservatives want to dictate the terms of marriage.
Conservatives want to dictate a personals sexuality.

All liberals want is for the Conservatives to stop killing people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Your idea of an adult is to shut up and listen to you.
C'mon, let's be honest here. We all know that most of the supposed Adults on Topix need to do exactly that! It's kinda obvious that they never did it when they were growing up and they're dumb as a box of rocks because of it. So, they have to start sometime and better late than never. Otherwise, they'll stay dumb all their Lives and THAT will do nothing but cause them problems, BIG problems!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon, let's be honest here. We all know that most of the supposed Adults on Topix need to do exactly that! It's kinda obvious that they never did it when they were growing up and they're dumb as a box of rocks because of it. So, they have to start sometime and better late than never. Otherwise, they'll stay dumb all their Lives and THAT will do nothing but cause them problems, BIG problems!
I graduated at the top of my class in a very highly rated school system.
At home, after dinner we all sat down and had discussions on science,politics,history, and the lessons learned from it,ect,ect.
Our opinion mattered and we were encouraged to think for ourselves.
You,on the other hand, sound like a dictator.
You know nothing about the folks here.And you have a reputation on topix, one would not be proud of.
You have offered nothing in the way of information on here just put downs as usual unless everyone goes along with you. And then you wonder why people get sick of you and your mouth and get back.
I will be damned if some blabbering fool is going to tell me to shut up.
We still have freedom of speech.
bugs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Gd it mofo get clams

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I graduated at the top of my class in a very highly rated school system.
At home, after dinner we all sat down and had discussions on science,politics,history, and the lessons learned from it,ect,ect.
Our opinion mattered and we were encouraged to think for ourselves.
You,on the other hand, sound like a dictator.
You know nothing about the folks here.And you have a reputation on topix, one would not be proud of.
You have offered nothing in the way of information on here just put downs as usual unless everyone goes along with you. And then you wonder why people get sick of you and your mouth and get back.
I will be damned if some blabbering fool is going to tell me to shut up.
We still have freedom of speech.
I'm SO impressed! <s>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville