Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments (Page 357)

Showing posts 7,121 - 7,140 of8,871
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna bet on that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxicati...
DOSAGE is important.
Beginning to grasp that you are in over your head?
Oh thou wondrous cranial capacitance, what meaning might you attach to the words "exceptionally rare"? You did not specify a particular quantity, you just said "too much" which can vary from one person to the next, and assuming you meant the vast majority of the population, I responded.

If, perchance, thou seekest to include each and every case of dilutional hyponatremia {yes, I copied that} to prove something against what I've said, then by the same standard should you not be allowing each and every case in vaccines with just as much specificity as you've shown?
awake

Waynesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

did the fda raise acceptable arsonic levels? i heard over the raido that they declined to comment on what products other than rice,have increased.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

All things considered, and I mean no insult to those who may already know this, but the above is rhetorical and therefore actually requires no answer, but does, at the same time, apply the standards Nuggin used against me to all other arguments regarding vaccines/immunizations.

After all, fair is fair, right Nuggin?
awake

Waynesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

if the foundation of science is built upon evolution,my limited intellect can pull the rug out from under them. there is a thing as junk science. quacks abound.doctors study for years about drugs but only minets on nutrition.doctors kill more people than cars. will eggs kill you from cholesterol. and yes nuggin i agree if you ingest them till you choke they can be leathel.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
So BRIGHT BOY which words am I not familiar with?
It appears to me you are throwing out the word DOSE to make toxic seem petty,even quite silly.
How much radiation is safe? As Japans nuke accident (FROM THE SAFE NUCLEAR POWER)unfolds the EPA just keeps on raising the limits.Yep that'll work.That's how one keeps safe-just raise the limits.
First of all, the EPA has nothing to do with Japan's nuclear power. They are a US organization. What they say has ZERO effect on what is happening in Japan.

Second of all, you are CONSTANTLY being exposed to radiation. Obviously, there are safe levels of radiation, otherwise NOTHING would be alive.

Third, don't try and change the subject. Your claim is that it doesn't matter if you take 1mg of a substance or 10000mgs of a substance, the effect is the same. That's FUCKING stupid.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh thou wondrous cranial capacitance, what meaning might you attach to the words "exceptionally rare"? You did not specify a particular quantity, you just said "too much" which can vary from one person to the next, and assuming you meant the vast majority of the population, I responded.
If, perchance, thou seekest to include each and every case of dilutional hyponatremia {yes, I copied that} to prove something against what I've said, then by the same standard should you not be allowing each and every case in vaccines with just as much specificity as you've shown?
I know you aren't terribly bright, so let me bring you up to speed.

The claim was that the amount of a substance is irrelevant to whether or not that substance is dangerous.

I pointed out that the amount is of PRIMARY importance, as even something as innocuous as water can be dangerous in sufficient amounts.

Your response was that it was impossible for water, AT ANY AMOUNT, to ever be dangerous.

I proved you wrong.

Now your response is what? "Oh, you mean at DANGEROUS amounts."

You LOST this point just as you are LOSING this debate.

Yes, vaccines contain substances which, at HIGHER DOSES THAN ARE PRESENT IN THE VACCINE _could_ be dangerous.

ONE of those substances is water.
ONE of those substances is sugar.

You can provide a list of 10,000 other substances, but unless you can show that ANY ONE of them is at a dosage determined to be toxic, their presence in the vaccine does not constitute a danger.

Is there anyone there who graduated from high school who can help you with the concepts involved?
Uhwhat

Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Yes
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you aren't terribly bright, so let me bring you up to speed.
The claim was that the amount of a substance is irrelevant to whether or not that substance is dangerous.
I pointed out that the amount is of PRIMARY importance, as even something as innocuous as water can be dangerous in sufficient amounts.
Your response was that it was impossible for water, AT ANY AMOUNT, to ever be dangerous.
I proved you wrong.
Now your response is what? "Oh, you mean at DANGEROUS amounts."
You LOST this point just as you are LOSING this debate.
Yes, vaccines contain substances which, at HIGHER DOSES THAN ARE PRESENT IN THE VACCINE _could_ be dangerous.
ONE of those substances is water.
ONE of those substances is sugar.
You can provide a list of 10,000 other substances, but unless you can show that ANY ONE of them is at a dosage determined to be toxic, their presence in the vaccine does not constitute a danger.
Is there anyone there who graduated from high school who can help you with the concepts involved?
Fight all you like, but once said it's said. You've been straining out gnats for others, but you just swallowed a camel, so to speak.
Sally

Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Yy

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin, I understand the points you've made and the knowledgable and common sense way you came to your conclusions. I think you are correct in most, if not all, of them.
Narrow-minded People will never consider any evidence that conflicts with their set point of view, so you're wasting your time trying to change that "set" POV they have, regardless of what new evidence comes to light that conflicts with their "set" point of View....and we all know that things are constantly changing and we're learning new things...but they refuse to accept that Fact, too.
It's one thing that is dumbing down Americans...the refusal to acknowledge or accept change, based on new discoveries. But, there is absolutely nothing any of us can do or say, to get that through to them, so again, you're wasting your time even trying.
But, if you want to contine trying , please do...just don't expect to ever change their closed Minds. If it had been left up to them, we'd still be living in the "Cave Man" Era.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Nuggin, I understand the points you've made and the knowledgable and common sense way you came to your conclusions. I think you are correct in most, if not all, of them.
Narrow-minded People will never consider any evidence that conflicts with their set point of view, so you're wasting your time trying to change that "set" POV they have, regardless of what new evidence comes to light that conflicts with their "set" point of View....and we all know that things are constantly changing and we're learning new things...but they refuse to accept that Fact, too.
It's one thing that is dumbing down Americans...the refusal to acknowledge or accept change, based on new discoveries. But, there is absolutely nothing any of us can do or say, to get that through to them, so again, you're wasting your time even trying.
But, if you want to contine trying , please do...just don't expect to ever change their closed Minds. If it had been left up to them, we'd still be living in the "Cave Man" Era.
How much research have you done on vaccines?Go back to your other place and yell at tea baggers and put up a few Yahoo news clips and praise your lieing hero Obama,cause you have put no effort here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
How much research have you done on vaccines?Go back to your other place and yell at tea baggers and put up a few Yahoo news clips and praise your lieing hero Obama,cause you have put no effort here.
I have no need to "research" vaccines, but I'm smart enough to read, and consider, the Posts of someone who, obviously, has (Nuggin), simply for the knowledge gained, alone!
It's too bad that Narrow-minded People like you, refuse to do the same, instead of spending all of what little brain-power you have, thinking up slurs and insults, to use against anybody that disagrees with you!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no need to "research" vaccines, but I'm smart enough to read, and consider, the Posts of someone who, obviously, has (Nuggin), simply for the knowledge gained, alone!
It's too bad that Narrow-minded People like you, refuse to do the same, instead of spending all of what little brain-power you have, thinking up slurs and insults, to use against anybody that disagrees with you!
Recheck your post Idiot who is the sluring insulter?
Come on idiot You going to rant on again about tea pubs and fake fox? If you don't know both sids of this issue you have nowhere to come from only your ranting yacker.No wonder you always put a mouth up it's always
ranting on with nothing to back it up.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on idiot You going to rant on again about tea pubs and fake fox? If you don't know both sids of this issue you have nowhere to come from only your ranting yacker.No wonder you always put a mouth up it's always
What people in the South fail to realize is that "two sides to an issue" doesn't mean that both sides are equal.

You guys try and push Creationism in schools. You try and claim global warming isn't happening. You claim that the Jews were responsible for 9/11. That the moon landing was fake. etc etc etc.

All of it with your heads wrapped in tinfoil because you don't want you brainwaves stolen by aliens.

This is no different.
Wolf River Slim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
What people in the South fail to realize is that "two sides to an issue" doesn't mean that both sides are equal.
You guys try and push Creationism in schools. You try and claim global warming isn't happening. You claim that the Jews were responsible for 9/11. That the moon landing was fake. etc etc etc.
All of it with your heads wrapped in tinfoil because you don't want you brainwaves stolen by aliens.
This is no different.
I don`t think you know anything about Tenn or the South. Anoter thing is we don`t care about what you think,got or want.You come through our part of the country ,mind your own business we will treat your good. Get in our business and that is another story. We run thing through here and we have been for the past 200 years and intend to keep doing it. You can talk all the trash you sitting there in California, don`t mean anything here. We do it our way.We don`t,want nor are we taking your advice.Stuff it.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
This is no different.
Right on Bright Boy. I can see you are doing a good job of thinking how clever you are,however I am a friggin Damn Yankee.The Buckeye and Keystone States.
I am also a Damn Yankee Atheist and the twin towers were pulled along with building7.Jews???????
SSS is the Southern Sweet Pea.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Wolf River Slim wrote:
<quoted text>I don`t think you know anything about Tenn or the South. Anoter thing is we don`t care about what you think,got or want.You come through our part of the country ,mind your own business we will treat your good. Get in our business and that is another story. We run thing through here and we have been for the past 200 years and intend to keep doing it. You can talk all the trash you sitting there in California, don`t mean anything here. We do it our way.We don`t,want nor are we taking your advice.Stuff it.
And THIS Attitude, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why the South is the Poorest part of the Nation and why it will stay that way, until that Attitude changes!
When are you People EVER going to get tired of being the WHITE Slaves to the Rich and Powerful in this State, with the Low Wages to prove it...if you're lucky enough to even find a job!
ThereWatching

Flag Pond, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
This is no different.
Tinfoil really don't work that well, what you really want is a copper mesh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
When you start reading all the Links that I've posted, you'll realize what an Idiotic Statement that is! But, until then, you'll just keep making a Fool of yourself, I have no doubt! After all, it's what you do best!
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Top Mod 8 wrote:
Should the state should mandate immunizations for your children? Do you feel they are safe for all children. Do they cause other health issues like autism? Should the state also pay for them as well if they are requiring them?
Just thought that a reminder of what this thread is about, and to point out that fear and manic cowardice do not make for intelligent conversation, nor informed opinions. Now that the door is flung wide open by Nuggin, everyone needs to reassert their opinions and sources and demand that anyone opposing should do the same. Take this up a level or two.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,121 - 7,140 of8,871
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
how the heck is shipleys furniture store getti... (May '13) 16 min I Know 15
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 42 min WTSenior 138,762
The HAWK - a true American Hero 55 min Dixie40 3
Smoking - Satan's Favorite Habit For You 58 min Dixie40 15
Tannery West 1 hr Lalala 1
chad gray 1 hr Bill 2
best daycare 2 hr Dr Wu 2
My favorite Greeneville Topix poster is 3 hr _Word Woman_ 849
did Brian Crawford die?? 3 hr trollpatrol 42
suicide on viking mountain 5 hr Robert 17
•••
•••
•••
Greeneville Dating