Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9674 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#7626 May 17, 2013
Say What wrote:
So by you saying that if I chose not to vax then my kids shouldn't be allowed in public or that I am endangering them by not doing it, then you are also saying that my religious beliefs should be ignored or looked down on with shame? correct?
YOUR religious beliefs should only effect YOUR health and welfare, not the health and welfare of your children.

You do not own your children. They are US citizens and have the right to be protected from dangerous religious practices being forced upon them.

The courts have been EXCEEDINGLY clear on this. Denying your child medical care because of your personal religious beliefs in criminal behavior.

Los Angeles, CA

#7627 May 17, 2013
WV Mountain Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
She's not complaining about sucrose. She is listing the ingredients in the vaccine. Sheesh.
Ignorance does not make vaccines unsafe...they are unavoidably unsafe according to a recent vaccine court ruling. They are unsafe in and of themselves, despite a person's knowledge about their ingredients and such.
What you are talking about is the fact that virtually every product (vaccines, medicine, food, etc) is going to have some percentage of the population which is allergic to some part of it.

The percentage of people who are allergic to a given vaccine is exceedingly small. If we have knowledge of a persons allergy ahead of time, they can get an exemption.

However, we do not exempt 20% of the public from vaccination because .01% of the public is allergic.

As for "safety", you need to compare outcomes.

A certain number of people have their collarbones broken by their seatbelts in car accidents each year.

Does that mean we should remove seatbelts?

The risk to your children by not vaccinating them is far worse and far more likely than your risk for vaccinating them.
addy baby

United States

#7628 May 17, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
AIDS is a syndrome caused by the damage to the T-cells which in turn is caused by HIV.
So, you can't catch AIDS. Just like you can't catch a soar throat, but you can catch the virus which causes the soar throat.
HIV is transmitted a number of ways, one of them being sexuality. In the 80s it was rampant in the gay community in the US. It was also rampant among people who shared needles. Obviously, there is some overlap between those two groups.
handclap!!! Did u write this shit dwn from a pamplet? Oh wait,u know evry mofo thing,dnt u...srry oh mighty one,i forgot ;)

Los Angeles, CA

#7629 May 17, 2013
addy baby wrote:
<quoted text> handclap!!! Did u write this shit dwn from a pamplet? Oh wait,u know evry mofo thing,dnt u...srry oh mighty one,i forgot ;)
This is, and has been, common knowledge for 20+ years.

You shouldn't need a pamphlet, this disease has gotten a TON of press. If you were only mildly paying attention you would know this.
addy baby

United States

#7630 May 17, 2013
This isnt all three of us like i want tho.im bein left out on soo many levels,even tho its all about me.its not fair at all to me coz i want us to b together n fully xperience evrything at the max possible together n yall r hidin things n runnin around the truth n bickerin over me n i want u both,u two have each other n me at the max level,i have me n feelings only to a certain extent.yall dnt treat me how i want n deserve u too n yall need me that way too,but u wont trust n let me in,fully.
Hey

Crossville, TN

#7631 May 17, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR religious beliefs should only effect YOUR health and welfare, not the health and welfare of your children.
You do not own your children. They are US citizens and have the right to be protected from dangerous religious practices being forced upon them.
The courts have been EXCEEDINGLY clear on this. Denying your child medical care because of your personal religious beliefs in criminal behavior.
It is life itself that is the true owner of the children.
It is the parents right and responsibility to protect and care for them.
It appears you believe you have the right, as you believe does the government to dictate and take ownership without the real effort that it takes to feed,clothe and care for the child till they are old enough to take care or themseves.
When you fully support all the children, then perhaps we can discuss other options.
addy baby

United States

#7632 May 17, 2013
I jst shit evry gd wer,come change my diapy

Los Angeles, CA

#7633 May 17, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
It is life itself that is the true owner of the children.
It is the parents right and responsibility to protect and care for them.
It appears you believe you have the right, as you believe does the government to dictate and take ownership without the real effort that it takes to feed,clothe and care for the child till they are old enough to take care or themseves.
When you fully support all the children, then perhaps we can discuss other options.
I'll make this simple for you.

Recently, a couple followed their religious beliefs and "prayed" for their child to be cured of a chronic ear infection which subsequently led to his death.

Had this child received a normal course of antibiotics, he would be alive and well.

This was the THIRD child these parents have sacrificed in this way.

Is it their right to deny these children medical attention, knowing that it will lead to the child's preventable death?
-or-
Is it the duty of the rest of the citizens to step in and protect a fellow citizen from unjust, unsafe and unfair practices which are being forced upon them by this couple?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7634 May 17, 2013
Fly on the wall wrote:
<quoted text>Can you get aids from gay activities?
Naw, so just knock yourself out...LITERALLY!

Memo to Self: One down and a few Million more to go...until we're Scud Troll-Free on Topix.

Location hidden

#7635 May 17, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
This is, and has been, common knowledge for 20+ years.
You shouldn't need a pamphlet, this disease has gotten a TON of press. If you were only mildly paying attention you would know this.
Now Nuggin, isn't it obvious that these People can't or won't read any News Articles? C'mon, you asking for the impossible!
Ignorance is TRULY Bliss for them!
laurabeth

Rowlett, TX

#7636 May 17, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, so just knock yourself out...LITERALLY!
Memo to Self: One down and a few Million more to go...until we're Scud Troll-Free on Topix.
i thought you liked licking my cooter. remember i washed the fungus out just for you!

Location hidden

#7638 May 17, 2013
laurabeth wrote:
<quoted text>i thought you liked licking my cooter. remember i washed the fungus out just for you!
Honey, what you THINK and what is FACT, are two entirely different things!
Sorry, but I don't swing that way and no amount of fantasizing on your part, is going to change that FACT!
addy baby

United States

#7639 May 17, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Nuggin, isn't it obvious that these People can't or won't read any News Articles? C'mon, you asking for the impossible!
Ignorance is TRULY Bliss for them!
hey bbe :) u think u sound smart n make a lot of gd sence coz ur book smart ha!!! Cld u raise urself n become the woman that i am,having noone n ur gd corner? U wld probly run,grab a book,then follow along.i made my own gd way n still do.no book smarts required :)
addy baby

United States

#7640 May 17, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, what you THINK and what is FACT, are two entirely different things!
Sorry, but I don't swing that way and no amount of fantasizing on your part, is going to change that FACT!
rlly,u acted like a gd dude,following wat ur husband acts like n all,jst get some pussy from me n leave ur hubby far behind....thought u cld have both,lk how that turned out :) hurry,go read a gd book n try to find out wtf ur gonna do now.i shldve let the gd bullies murk ur weak,dumbcunted ass in school.wtf did i do? Had ur gd bk coz i knew how gd weak u wer n yea,u asked me too n yea lmfaooo fuck u,its not funny bitch.u mustve followed my ass,why did i take on like three or four grls on my gd own jst take up for weak ass coz they wer runnin u dwn n it was kinda fun too lmao n yea,she never rlly n the others lmao never rlly bullied again coz i took em all on n front of evryone n they pussied out lmao gfd u,wth?

Location hidden

#7642 May 17, 2013
addy baby wrote:
<quoted text> rlly,u acted like a gd dude,following wat ur husband acts like n all,jst get some pussy from me n leave ur hubby far behind....thought u cld have both,lk how that turned out :) hurry,go read a gd book n try to find out wtf ur gonna do now.i shldve let the gd bullies murk ur weak,dumbcunted ass in school.wtf did i do? Had ur gd bk coz i knew how gd weak u wer n yea,u asked me too n yea lmfaooo fuck u,its not funny bitch.u mustve followed my ass,why did i take on like three or four grls on my gd own jst take up for weak ass coz they wer runnin u dwn n it was kinda fun too lmao n yea,she never rlly n the others lmao never rlly bullied again coz i took em all on n front of evryone n they pussied out lmao gfd u,wth?
Were you Mike Akbar?
Tired

Dandridge, TN

#7643 May 17, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you Mike Akbar?
I thought I read that he died?
Tired

Dandridge, TN

#7644 May 17, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you Mike Akbar?
And BTW - I never thought he was "stooped"...
addy baby

United States

#7645 May 17, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you Mike Akbar?
name or place for $500
addy baby

United States

#7646 May 17, 2013
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
And BTW - I never thought he was "stooped"...
i dnt even know wth ur talkin bout
Mike

Rowlett, TX

#7647 May 17, 2013
Haha, such clueless twits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who got shot on fish pond rd tonight 17 min Oh yea 48
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 29 min Lucy the First 9,763
Kathy lowery 37 min Sheriff Larry 4
Is the TAX MAN getting ready to bring the hamme... 38 min Sheriff Larry 6
The numbers on Trump 42 min Sheriff Larry 24
kayaks on every car in g- vegas 1 hr Verlin Kruger 5
AKM of Tennessee 1 hr goforit 4
UN military vehicles invading Virginia are we n... 5 hr zombie 42
Cat got you tale? 13 hr whothehellcares- 24

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages