Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments
6,961 - 6,980 of 9,329 Comments Last updated 32 min ago
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7583 May 15, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who claims these are the "end times" has NO CONCEPT of the historical significance of the plagues of Europe or the Americas.
As for famine, we live in a time of ABUNDANT food. If we lost HALF the world food supply, we would still live in a time where food was FAR more abundant than any other time on the planet. There has _always_ been famine somewhere. There has _always_ been drought somewhere. There has _always_ been war somewhere. That's the nature of living everywhere on this planet.
<quoted text>
Go back and re-read your posts. You've been condescending, pompous and worst of all wrong.
You think because you have taken your first baby steps beyond what is taught in schools that you have some grand grasp of the scope of history. You don't.
You're just being contrary because you have the desire to feel superior to people you consider intellectually inferior so, no matter what is taught, you take the opposite view.
I see this all the time on other forums. The "hollow Earth-ers", the "HIV doesn't cause AIDS-ers", the "Jews are responsible for 9/11-ers", and the "Civil War had nothing to do with slavery-ers".
Taking the opposite view from the majority doesn't make you smarter. You aren't privy to some grand conspiracy while the rest of the world remains blind.
If you print out these pages and put them in a drawer, ten years from now you'll read this garbage you wrote and be embarrassed at how foolish you sound.
Oh, wait, that's right. No one will be alive 10 years from now because Jesus will be back to kill all the non-believers.
That's what you looneys have been saying for 2000 years.
I simply can't imagine what in anyone's life could make someone as hate filled and as humorless as you. The bitterness literally drips from every thought and word; and I can only imagine your every action as well, though I've not witnessed that for myself.
observation

United States

#7584 May 15, 2013
My kids has there shots there all in there 40s doing great

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7585 May 15, 2013
think wrote:
Living close to Oak Ridge will get you before you run outta food
Really??? I graduated with somebody who has worked as a Scientist there ever since he got out of College and he's still around...and you know how old I am and he's the same age!
LifeLover

United States

#7586 May 15, 2013
observation wrote:
My kids has there shots there all in there 40s doing great
If your kids are in there 40's then they are irrelevant to this matter because there is a huge difference between the types and numbers of vaccines given today vs the ones given in the 70's.

If anyone really wants to read some of the truths about the vaccines that they are giving our children this is one of the better articles I have found, unlike the pharmaceutical propaganda websites this one includes most of its sources.

http://vactruth.com/2012/01/02/aluminum-fda-g...

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#7587 May 15, 2013
LifeLover wrote:
<quoted text>
If your kids are in there 40's then they are irrelevant to this matter because there is a huge difference between the types and numbers of vaccines given today vs the ones given in the 70's.
Today's vaccines are OVERWHELMINGLY safer, more effective and with a lower overall dosage.
Say What

Humboldt, TN

#7588 May 15, 2013
No vaccines ever for this house!!! OVERWHELMINGLY safer??? Really? Do you understand what each ingredient in every vaccine is? Do you know how the ingredients in said vaccines mix with the other ingredients in the other vaccines they give at one time? This is the ingredient list from the CDC for DTaP. aluminum phosphate, formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, 2-Phenoxyethanol,
Stainer-Scholte medium, modified Mueller’s growth medium, modified
Mueller-Miller casamino acid medium (without beef heart infusion)

And here is the MMR list, again from CDC.

vitamins, amino acids, fetal bovine serum, sucrose, sodium phosphate,
glutamate, recombinant human albumin, neomycin, sorbitol, hydrolyzed
gelatin, chick embryo cell culture, WI-38 human diploid lung fibroblasts
Do you understand everyone one of those? Do you know their meaning? No thanks, not for us! But before you go off saying they are "safer", you should go read up of the reactions, and deaths being reported to Vaers. It's more than just fever and soreness of the injection site. There is death, seizures, blindness, mental functions hindered, miscarriages, etc etc etc.
LifeLover

United States

#7589 May 15, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Today's vaccines are OVERWHELMINGLY safer, more effective and with a lower overall dosage.
Do you really believe this or are you just paid to say it?

Obviously that question was rhetorical, any answer you give wouldn't matter because your motives are obviously questionable.
Big Mac

Columbus, OH

#7590 May 15, 2013
Say What wrote:
No vaccines ever for this house!!! OVERWHELMINGLY safer??? Really? Do you understand what each ingredient in every vaccine is? Do you know how the ingredients in said vaccines mix with the other ingredients in the other vaccines they give at one time? This is the ingredient list from the CDC for DTaP. aluminum phosphate, formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, 2-Phenoxyethanol,
Do you understand everyone one of those? Do you know their meaning? No thanks, not for us! But before you go off saying they are "safer", you should go read up of the reactions, and deaths being reported to Vaers. It's more than just fever and soreness of the injection site. There is death, seizures, blindness, mental functions hindered, miscarriages, etc etc etc.
And just what do you think is in all the food you eat?
curious

United States

#7591 May 15, 2013
Big Mac wrote:
<quoted text>And just what do you think is in all the food you eat?
Fortunately I don't eat fast food and I try to eat as little processed foods as possible.

Are you saying they are putting vaccines and or medications in fast food?
Big Mac

Los Angeles, CA

#7592 May 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately I don't eat fast food and I try to eat as little processed foods as possible.
I'm saying they are putting all kinds of unhealthy ingredients in all foods.
Big Mac

Dallas, TX

#7593 May 15, 2013
Big Mac

Westlake, OH

#7594 May 15, 2013

Valley Village, CA

#7595 May 15, 2013
Say What wrote:
Do you understand everyone one of those? Do you know their meaning?
So you?

You're complaining about sucrose?!

Just because a word is longer than you are comfortable with doesn't make it dangerous.

Your ignorance does not make vaccines unsafe.

Valley Village, CA

#7596 May 15, 2013
LifeLover wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe this or are you just paid to say it?
Obviously that question was rhetorical, any answer you give wouldn't matter because your motives are obviously questionable.
I love you paranoid idiots with your accusations.

First of all, it's been long established who I am and what I do for a living. I'm a screenwriter in Hollywood. I make no money off vaccines. I don't even know anyone who comes remotely close to making money off vaccines.

The closest I come is an acquaintance who is a dermatologist.

However, that doesn't mean I don't have an opinion on the state of science, medicine and education.

The fact of the matter is that the people making these vaccines have, over decades, consistently provided a safer and more effective product.

As a result diseases like polio, small pox, mumps, measles, whooping cough - they are virtually unknown and have been for decades.

But now a group of uninformed idiots is putting the entire nation at risk because based on their own ignorance.

Look at the previous poster. HE doesn't want vaccines because he doesn't know what sucrose is.

That's not a valid argument against vaccination.

If you don't know what something is, go look it up!

I had a similar argument recently with someone who claimed toothpaste was poisonous because _ONE_ of the components was also found in dish soap. It was a foaming agent. Both products have bubbles.

If you want to reject something at least have the intellectual curiosity to ACTUALLY understand what you're talking about.

Valley Village, CA

#7597 May 15, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't say fast food, jackass.

He said FOOD.

What the f do you think sucrose is?

Valley Village, CA

#7598 May 15, 2013
Big Mac wrote:
<quoted text>I'm saying they are putting all kinds of unhealthy ingredients in all foods.
I think a lot of people claim things are "unhealthy" because they don't have much in the way of information.

People need to understand that the AMOUNT of something is as, if not MORE, important than what that thing does.

There are chemicals your body needs, chemicals your body makes, that if you take too much of it, it will kill you.

However, if you cut it out completely, it will ALSO kill you.
PairAnnoyed

North Augusta, SC

#7599 May 16, 2013
Say What wrote:
With all that being said, apples naturally contain arsenic. Are you afraid to let your kids eat apples?
Well, as Ron White said: You can't fix stupid!
danny

United States

#7600 May 16, 2013
Maybe all these vaccines would be fine if all doctors spaced them out. I have heard of many people who suspect the vaccines gave their children medical problems got dozens of vaccines at the same time which could give a child vary high doses of heavy metals which can be vary damaging.

Valley Village, CA

#7601 May 16, 2013
danny wrote:
Maybe all these vaccines would be fine if all doctors spaced them out. I have heard of many people who suspect the vaccines gave their children medical problems got dozens of vaccines at the same time which could give a child vary high doses of heavy metals which can be vary damaging.
Except for the following facts:

- All studies of these claims have been shown to be false, not just going forward but retroactively. Sweden keeps a complete medical database on all its citizens going back decades. Any time there is a question about something like this, it's extremely easy to go back and see who got what vaccines at what time and how close together and then see what happened to them.
- The amount of "heavy metals" found in things like vaccines have gone from very little to non-existent in the same time frame that people are claiming that the "high doses" are causing the problem.
- Each time they anti-vaxers come up with a "culprit" and it gets eliminated, they switch to a different culprit despite the fact that the mechanisms by which their claims are explained are contradictory. If it's "mercury induced nerve damage" and you remove the mercury, then you can't suddenly say that it's some other problem caused by something else.

And lastly, and this is the MOST IMPORTANT PART....

The entire anti-vax movement got started when Wakefield fraudulently made claims against the existing MMR vaccine in order to market his own alternative MMR vaccine. His claims have been shown to be fraudulent.

There is no there there.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7602 May 16, 2013
PairAnnoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
With all that being said, apples naturally contain arsenic. Are you afraid to let your kids eat apples?
Well, as Ron White said: You can't fix stupid!
It's not the Apples, it's the Apple SEEDS that contain the arsenic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 8 min Augur 146,113
ISIS spreading EBOLA 9 min Kohlrabi 2
Joan Rivers current status 19 min NobodyUKno 9
Nitrogen water problem. .. 21 min mafia moll 9
LABOR DAY appease low wage hard work as the ri... 24 min formally known as... 3
you married a ? 26 min Tam Phat 7
Dad creates app to remind about children in hot... 31 min Dixie iron fist 6
Laughlin Memorial Hospital 2 hr Health Scammers 13
south greene football 12 hr jake 50
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs