Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Full story: Chattanoogan.com 9,449

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Full Story

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#7357 May 4, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you sound like SSS.Like the Topix Queen why don't y'all tell us how to think.where to find the correct info and what ever it takes to come to your conclusion.
Or shoukd I say Big Pharma,Big Agra and Big Govy's propaganda.
All about profit and controll.
These people love their families- while the BIG GUYS LOVE THEMSELVES.
The problem is that you guys buy into the conspiracy theorist mentality that only requires 10% of the information to draw a conclusion.

You hear "mercury" and you stop reading. You assume that _ALL_ mercury compounds are the same and that they _ALL_ cause the same results.

Not the case.

Then you ignore the fact that DESPITE this being a non-issue, companies actually went ahead and did what you asked ANYWAY at a cost to them.

And the results DID NOT CHANGE.

Let me restate that.

The Wakefield loonies INVENTED the mercury scare DESPITE the fact that we're talking about TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT compounds. AND despite the fact that they KNEW Wakefield was lying, the companies bent over BACKWARDS to accommodate the consumer and REMOVED the benign compound anyway which, if Wakefield was telling the truth (and we know he wasn't) would have solved the problem (EVEN THOUGH there was _NO MECHANISM_ by which it could be causing the problem _AND_ there was NO ACTUAL PROBLEM to be caused!!!!)

The results? Big surprise. The NON-EXISTENT problem which didn't have a plausible mechanism CONTINUED to not exist.

And yet,~10 years later, here you are complaining about a compound which had NO ill effect _AND_ was removed anyway to make you happy.

Oh, but THEY are the bad guys. Not you.

How many millions of lives have you saved?
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7358 May 4, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
Responsible parents of children which do not endanger the lives of others also pay taxes to send their kids to public schools.
Also, home owners who have no children pay the same taxes.
The difference here is that you are opting to not send your kids to school, which is your right.
Responsible parents pay so you and yours can hold to an illusion of safety and security. This is the source of your fear and anxiety, isn't it? You want as many people paying as possible, and as long as you can feel safe and secure you don't care a bit about such insignificant concepts as Freedom, Autonomy, and Rights. You are one of those that Ben Franklin was talking about who would trade liberty for security, but deserve neither. In the end that's what you and yours will receive too; I hope you live long enough to see it, because your children will for sure.

Perhaps you're not old enough to recall this event, but today is the 43rd anniversary, and some here will remember.

When governments fear the people, there is liberty, but when the people have reason to fear the government there is tyranny.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7359 May 4, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Round?
Fruit?
Edible?
Grows on trees?
Sold as produce?
Healthy?
Subject to fruit fly infestation?
Yeah, NOTHING in common between apples and oranges.
Are you saying that parasites can't tell the difference? I'd say you're probably right, Herbert.
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#7360 May 4, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that you guys buy into the conspiracy theorist mentality that only requires 10% of the information to draw a conclusion.
You hear "mercury" and you stop reading. You assume that _ALL_ mercury compounds are the same and that they _ALL_ cause the same results.
Not the case.
Then you ignore the fact that DESPITE this being a non-issue, companies actually went ahead and did what you asked ANYWAY at a cost to them.
Let me restate that.
The Wakefield loonies INVENTED the mercury scare DESPITE the fact that we're talking about TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT compounds. AND despite the fact that they KNEW Wakefield was lying, the companies bent over BACKWARDS to accommodate the consumer and REMOVED the benign compound anyway which, if Wakefield was telling the truth (and we know he wasn't) would have solved the problem (EVEN THOUGH there was _NO MECHANISM_ by which it could be causing the problem _AND_ there was NO ACTUAL PROBLEM to be caused!!!!)
The results? Big surprise. The NON-EXISTENT problem which didn't have a plausible mechanism CONTINUED to not exist.
And yet,~10 years later, here you are complaining about a compound which had NO ill effect _AND_ was removed anyway to make you happy.
Wakefield loonies? Mercury?

Wakefield wrote a paper about the MMR, which ia a live virus, mercury would KILL a live virus....no mercury in the MMR.

John Walker Smith, the lead author on that paper, has been exonerated of any wrong doing, and by proxy, so has Wakefield.

The mercury in vaccines is a compounded, man made mercury also used as a fungicide, with disastrous results.

Geeze....
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7361 May 4, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to recognize the difference between information from rational vs irrational sources.
Do you know the difference between different types of mercury?
Did you know that despite not being a health threat mercury was removed from vaccines and the alleged negatives effects didn't change even without it?
Did you know that both hydrogen and oxygen are explosive and yet they are the only two components in water -- clearly, the illuminati is trying to make people blow up! The information is out there!
Oh yes, please inform us all which sources have attained your approval. CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, Politico, Move on, and who else? These are some of your favorites, aren't they?

In this "Nuggin" character we have witnessed the true herd mentality, the left wing lemming frightened of everything. These were, and remain, the real enemies of Freedom and the Constitution; the enemies within if you will. These are a greater threat to freedom than organized crime, terrorists, or even enemy nations. They are the rot and cancer within that cripple and eventually collapse nations by bleeding their life blood away. They use scare tactics and rhetoric to keep people in fear so they are more easily managed. They do not engage in discussion, but rather preach fear and paranoia, and failing that accuse and berate those who they perceive as standing up to them. There is a name for such people which comes to us from the 60's. Herbert. They can't help being small minded, limited, and obtuse, it is just a product of their home of origin. They see themselves as our overseers, and the only thing they know for sure is that those who think are their worst enemy.

Isn't that nice to know? It can sometimes be good to be known by your enemies.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7362 May 4, 2013
Geeze wrote:
<quoted text>
Wakefield loonies? Mercury?
Wakefield wrote a paper about the MMR, which ia a live virus, mercury would KILL a live virus....no mercury in the MMR.
John Walker Smith, the lead author on that paper, has been exonerated of any wrong doing, and by proxy, so has Wakefield.
The mercury in vaccines is a compounded, man made mercury also used as a fungicide, with disastrous results.
Geeze....
With so much out there to follow this is one of the many I haven't researched, so all I have is what is on Wikipedia. Not a great source, true, but it is a ready source and good for a quick reference.

The "Live Virus" shots do bother me. Last flu shot I got put me in bed for 2 weeks back in '88. I was in college, wife was away in the Army/National Guard, and our three children were 4, 2, and 4 months {that's when I realized just how amazing my children were/are}. I think it was one of the first "Live Virus" shots. I haven't had flu since, and get a yearly head cold that lasts about 3 to 4 days total.

Keep us all up to date on this aspect because it is always good to know what's happening on other fronts. I tend to major on Rights, Economics, and the Global Government/Oligarchy, which leaves little time for other fronts {not to mention earning a living, etc.}.
Hei

Cookeville, TN

#7363 May 4, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
What works even better is very cheap fortified wine. Just pour it in a bucket and leave it near the trees. They can't resist the smell
Neither can I resist.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#7364 May 4, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the case.
Let me restate that.
Since the grand Medical system kills around 789 folks a year(number 1 cause of death) on bad drugs,bad mistakes bad guesses I'd say I'd have saved 789 plus had they gone organic, holistic, and got educated about what going on in the world of just give us your money and shut up.
Gramma through away her drugs and said they weren't doing her any good.
Grama felt better than ever.Gramma libed to be 104 and 6 months.Gramma knows as much as Mother Nature.
BTW the Queen of England loves her Homopathic medicines.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#7365 May 4, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the grand Medical system kills around 789 folks a year(number 1 cause of death) on bad drugs,bad mistakes bad guesses I'd say I'd have saved 789 plus had they gone organic, holistic, and got educated about what going on in the world of just give us your money and shut up.
Grama felt better than ever.Gramma libed to be 104 and 6 months.Gramma knows as much as Mother Nature.
That's 789 thousand.
Lived not libed.I got to stay away from that wine bucket.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7366 May 4, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
That's 789 thousand.
Lived not libed.I got to stay away from that wine bucket.
YES, you do! It makes mean, cruel, abusive, irrational, and unreasonable!

Valley Village, CA

#7367 May 4, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Responsible parents pay so you and yours can hold to an illusion of safety and security.
You believe that immunization from common viral diseases is an illusion.

Explain why the number of polio cases in the US went down after vaccination.
Explain why we don't see any small pox cases.
Why don't we see measels, mumps, whooping cough, etc a the rates we had them pre-vaccination?

The problem with your argument is that it is OBVIOUSLY false.

The problem with your actions is that they are OBVIOUSLY sociopathic.

You clearly don't care about the lives of your children or the children of other people in our society.
You are one of those that Ben Franklin was talking about who would trade liberty for security, but deserve neither.
If you think Ben Franklin was talking about medicine in that quote, you are out of your f*@king mind.

We do not live in a society that tolerates people like you killing citizens. If you were to pick up a gun and start shooting into a crowd, you would find out very quickly where your liberty ends.

The fact that you would put your life and the lives of EVERYONE ELSE at risk for LITERALLY NO GAIN to yourself OR society just means that you are exactly the sort of person who has no right to avail yourself of the freedoms America provides.

You're a terrorist.

Valley Village, CA

#7368 May 4, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one of the most amazingly stupid posts I've seen in a very long time.

It's almost too stupid to get into.

I'll start here:
The difference between "organic" and "real" medicine is that real medicine actually contains the compound you are expecting to get whereas the "organic" medicine contains additional, untested and unmeasured chemicals which you may or may not be expecting.

If "holistic" medicine were effective, REAL medicine wouldn't exist. Holistic medicine was around first, you dipshit.

If people could run faster than cars, cars wouldn't have taken over the market.

If holistic medicine cured people, real medicine wouldn't have taken over the market.

But let's go back to the start of the post for a second. 789 deaths is the "leading cause of death"? Seriously?

In 2009, nearly 100 people died A DAY in car accidents, totally just under 35,000.

And then let's consider this...

You are claiming that 789 deaths were caused by someone making a mistake and giving someone the wrong medicine. Okay, let's accept that number ON ITS FACE.

How does that compare to the number of people SAVED by the correct medicine?

Oh, right, you don't consider the lives saved.

Brilliant.

Seriously, the rest of the posters on your side of this argument should ask Topix to ban your account.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#7369 May 4, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that immunization from common viral diseases is an illusion.
Explain why the number of polio cases in the US went down after vaccination.
Explain why we don't see any small pox cases.
Why don't we see measels, mumps, whooping cough, etc a the rates we had them pre-vaccination?
The problem with your argument is that it is OBVIOUSLY false.
The problem with your actions is that they are OBVIOUSLY sociopathic.
You clearly don't care about the lives of your children or the children of other people in our society.
<quoted text>
If you think Ben Franklin was talking about medicine in that quote, you are out of your f*@king mind.
We do not live in a society that tolerates people like you killing citizens. If you were to pick up a gun and start shooting into a crowd, you would find out very quickly where your liberty ends.
The fact that you would put your life and the lives of EVERYONE ELSE at risk for LITERALLY NO GAIN to yourself OR society just means that you are exactly the sort of person who has no right to avail yourself of the freedoms America provides.
You're a terrorist.
You are a real piece of work.Calling this person a terrorist is insanity at it's finest.
But it really looks as if this is where this country is going.If you do not go along with the agenda(in other words what creates profits and power for the top dogs ) you will be put on a terror list, as our returning vets have been or called crazy or threatened.
You are indeed a piece of work.Are you part of this new crime sydicate?
Actually one of the founding fathers wanted to put medical on the freedom list because he talked about this very thing you are displaying right now. Shame on you.It appears you would prefer the USSA.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7370 May 4, 2013
Free America wrote:
http://www.politicolnews.com/m onsanto-nestle-patent-human-br east-milk/
It could be said that the government has given Monsanto full ownership rights to human Breast Milk. Something about this article seemed to fit with the discussion here.
This is a Right-Wing Conservative Propaganda Website.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#7371 May 4, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a Right-Wing Conservative Propaganda Website.
Oh My God.So according to you it is worthless information?

Valley Village, CA

#7372 May 4, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a real piece of work.Calling this person a terrorist is insanity at it's finest.
For political (and likely fundamentalist religious) reasons he wants to threaten the lives of Americans.

Sounds like a terrorist to me.
It appears you would prefer the USSA.
The US Skiing and Snowboarding Association? No thanks. I don't enjoy winter sports. Too cold.

Valley Village, CA

#7373 May 4, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh My God.So according to you it is worthless information?
Not "so", just "and".

Though, given that there really aren't any right wing conservative websites that give any worthwhile information, a pretty good argument for "so" could be made.

Let me ask you something, if the right wingers are so anti-Monsanto, why was it Republican Roy Blunt that snuck through the Monsanto Protection Act?
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#7374 May 4, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Not "so", just "and".
Though, given that there really aren't any right wing conservative websites that give any worthwhile information, a pretty good argument for "so" could be made.
Let me ask you something, if the right wingers are so anti-Monsanto, why was it Republican Roy Blunt that snuck through the Monsanto Protection Act?
I belong to no party.
When I talked about organic I was speaking food,although high quality herbal remidies are organic
There is a site Source Watch that lays out the history of medicine and the players and how alternative medicine was ran out on the rail.
In fact this was pretty eye opening.
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/American...
When you have all the cash and all these government agencys to do your bidding you can do whatever you damn well want.And they did.
It wasn't about the value of modern meds it was the power behind it and it's getting worse.
When I hear your comments it sounds as though it comes right out of this cartel.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#7375 May 4, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I belong to no party.
When I talked about organic I was speaking food,although high quality herbal remidies are organic
There is a site Source Watch that lays out the history of medicine and the players and how alternative medicine was ran out on the rail.
When you have all the cash and all these government agencys to do your bidding you can do whatever you damn well want.And they did.
It wasn't about the value of modern meds it was the power behind it and it's getting worse.
When I hear your comments it sounds as though it comes right out of this cartel.

Valley Village, CA

#7376 May 4, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I belong to no party.
Jackass, herbal "remedies" are _CHEMICALS_.
The only difference is that there is no monitoring for purity or potency.

One tablet of "witch hazel" may contain 10x as much active ingredient as the next one. No accountability. No oversight. No prescription.

Go out into the woods and start eating random berries. See what happens.
Alternative medicine is, by definition, bullsh1t.

If it worked, it would not be "alternative". IT would be NORMAL.

Aspirin was derived from the bark of a tree. Now aspirin is MEDICINE.

Reiki (aka Touch Therapy) involves the manipulation of non-existent energy spheres. It does nothing. Therefore it remains "alternative".
You have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Alternative Medicine is the one using cash to get the Government to do their bidding.

If Alt Med had 1/100th the regulation that the FDA puts on real medicine, it would be gone.

Instead, thanks to some clever laws they paid to get passed, they don't need to prove that they are effective or even safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHITE HOUSE to be made into FORBIDDEN CITY 7 min Knee Jerksprint 1
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 9 min Mississippi gurl 150,488
tonya bowman is cheating 25 min johnny 5
MICHAEL VICK didn't beat his wife NFL 26 min WIFE beat down 1
HILLARY with Bills big stick WIN WIN 36 min Mother Hillary 1
AMERICA needs a mother HILLARY leads the way 43 min Mother Hillary 2
Any guys in the house? 59 min love_me_not 1
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 6 hr What Dafuq 4,210
Greene County Commissioners Are So Embarrassing 11 hr resident 65
Who was the best looking people back in the 90s... (Jun '13) 12 hr Bobby 48
new sheriff in town made his 1st big change. 18 hr www police_gov 41
south greene football Sun CampCreeper 70
•••
•••