Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments (Page 338)

Showing posts 6,741 - 6,760 of8,457
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
So true, so true. I can't help but think they are victims of the government school system. It is odd how the government spends so much money on schools, yet education is so poor, but the government does get what it pays for.
To paraphrase, they want people educated just enough to operate the machinery and do the paperwork, but not capable of critical autonomous thinking. They want drones for their collective, not rational intelligent individuals because they don't conform so easily, and might lead some others to independent thoughts and actions of their own.
I don't happen to believe that, but if you're right , then the People are playing right into their hands by not making any attempt to educate themselves , in any way, on any subject. There are numerous sources of information that anybody can find and read, without hardly any effort, at all, and if they won't do it, then they are staying willfully ignorant on purpose, and waiting for somebody to tell them what to think about practically everything that matters....and THAT is their own fault!

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

DMB wrote:
No..... As a parent, I should be able to do what is "RIGHT" and what is "SAFE" for my children... I want a "say so" as to what and when something is injected or administered to my children.... There is a lot of information that the FDA and the Government is not releasing about the long-term effects of these injections...
First of all, there is PLENTY of information available about vaccines.

Second, you don't get to endanger the lives of children, yours or other people's, simply because of your own ignorance.

Third, it is neither right nor safe for you to fail to immunize your child.

When one of them dies of a preventable disease, I hope you think back to this thread and your position here rather than blaming the doctors who warned you well in advance.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
Just keep your unvaccinated children away from the public and we're all free to do as we like.
So what do you say when challenged?
Nuggin wrote:
Who is telling anyone what to do?
You live in a society in which laws exist. You are free to choose to follow those laws or to break them.
If you choose to break those laws, then there will be consequences.
Stop trying to blame everyone else for decision you make.
If you speed, you will get a ticket.
If you shoot someone, you will go to jail.
If you drink too much, your liver will die.
It's all about choice.
Driving is a privilege, not a right, but it does appear you have difficulty making that distinction, and the rest are direct violations of the rights and persons of other individuals. You do try so hard to compare apples and oranges, don't you?
Nuggin wrote:
If you choose to not vaccinate your children, you will have to home school them.
No one is forcing you to do anything.
Oh no, but I continue to pay taxes that pay for the government schools that you say my children can not attend, and I furthermore have to pay $3,000 / semester or more to home school them, oddly the same amount as to send them to a private school. Obviously you've never looked into this any farther than hearing about the program and a very basic and superficial grasp of the concept.
Nuggin wrote:
It does not irritate me because, as you've demonstrated, you are neither literate, learned, nor mature enough to understand that I am not the government therefore standing against me is meaningless.
I am telling you how things should be. This isn't a debate. This is an education. I'm telling you how things ARE.
If you aren't capable of understanding how things are, that's not a problem for him. Your ignorance won't change the consequences of your actions.
Who is "him"?

You are spouting rhetoric and propaganda.

You are right about this not being a debate. You would have to actually address something I've said, and maybe even show some comprehension of the issues and concepts presented.
Nuggin wrote:
You'll make your decisions. You'll have to live with the consequences. Period.
If you choose not to vaccinate your children, then you are choosing to keep them out of the public school system. That is all.
It's called freedom. Welcome to America.
<quoted text>
Oh damn, I just bought this irony meter yesterday and now you've gone and broken it.
<quoted text>
And here I was just reading about how you think I'm judgmental...
Seriously. You claim to have children near 30, but you sound like you're 15.
Irony? Really? Did it come with a compass attached?

15? Hmmm. Doppler Effect, obviously. You should brush up on how to interpret the Red Shift phenomenon, or in this case phenomenae {or phenomena if you prefer the more modern spelling}.

America? It is painfully obvious where your education in History has come from. Were you even aware that prior to the War Between the States, each state was considered independent and sovereign unto itself? It could be argued that it was the War Between the States that ended American Freedom as it had been known up until that time. America? Seems that you speak of things you don't understand, but that does seem to be your norm.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
BRAVO.
I appreciate that.(-:

Is this Education vs Indoctrination, or a battle of two philosophies? Each one of us must make that determination for ourselves, but this does illustrate the mentality that has sought to enslave others to a certain "way" of living their lives. The acclamation of the greater authority of the government, when in fact in the united States it was instituted to safeguard the rights of the people, not to rule over them as we see today. 180 years ago Alexis de Toqueville foresaw this, and warned us. http://xroads.virginia.edu/~Hyper/DETOC/toc_i... This link is to the Table of Contents, but the specific chapter is found at http://xroads.virginia.edu/~Hyper/DETOC/ch4_0...

Once this was required reading, as was 1984, Brave New World, Animal Farm, Future Shock, and so many more. These were actually discussed in the classroom with teachers responsible for teaching the students how to think critically and concisely.

If we are true patriots, we must stand for the freedom this nation was founded upon, the freedom and autonomy of the individual, not the privilege of the corporate drone told that Rights are granted by the collective, and can be ungranted as well.

It is this corporate drone mentality that has been increasingly cultivated for the past 100 years, and pushed hard for the past 80 resulting in the "Dumbing Down of America". The information remains available, just not spoon fed to us, so when all is said and done it can be reasoned that it was the will of the people, though by omission for the agenda to unfold as it has and will. It is written that when good men remain silent, evil rules the land, and so it does, has, and will continue until opposed.
DMB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

If the government doesn't want u to know what the vaccines are truly for then ur not going to know, that's pretty simple. Doesn't matter how much u read about it! That's why we have suspicion, vaccines healthy or not?!? Government is f'd up in all aspects!
Free America

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

http://www.politicolnews.com/monsanto-nestle-...

It could be said that the government has given Monsanto full ownership rights to human Breast Milk. Something about this article seemed to fit with the discussion here.
DMB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, there is PLENTY of information available about vaccines.
Second, you don't get to endanger the lives of children, yours or other people's, simply because of your own ignorance.
Third, it is neither right nor safe for you to fail to immunize your child.
When one of them dies of a preventable disease, I hope you think back to this thread and your position here rather than blaming the doctors who warned you well in advance.

Who do you think is behind the diseases????? Probably the " Good Old Government" .... Do you know that the "Wold Saving" " Mandatory" vaccines back in the 60' & 70's had a cancer gene imbedded in it to slowly weaken the population generations later????...... Vaccines have been packed with mercury which will destroy cells on a molecular level...... This is information is out, just dig dig dig to find it..

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
You do try so hard to compare apples and oranges, don't you?
Round?
Fruit?
Edible?
Grows on trees?
Sold as produce?
Healthy?
Subject to fruit fly infestation?

Yeah, NOTHING in common between apples and oranges.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
Oh no, but I continue to pay taxes that pay for the government schools that you say my children can not attend, and I furthermore have to pay $3,000 / semester or more to home school them, oddly the same amount as to send them to a private school. Obviously you've never looked into this any farther than hearing about the program and a very basic and superficial grasp of the concept.
Responsible parents of children which do not endanger the lives of others also pay taxes to send their kids to public schools.

Also, home owners who have no children pay the same taxes.

The difference here is that you are opting to not send your kids to school, which is your right.
You are right about this not being a debate. You would have to actually address something I've said, and maybe even show some comprehension of the issues and concepts presented.
I have. You fail to grasp this simple fact.

"Freedom" does not mean you get to do whatever you want regardless of the consequences of your choices.

You can elect to not vaccinate your children. You are free to do that.

HOWEVER, then end result of that choice will be that they are not allowed in public schools because they will pose a significant health risk to the other students.
America? It is painfully obvious where your education in History has come from.
Meanwhile, it is painfully obvious that you lack an education in English.

Or, as you would put it:
It is painfully obvious that English is something you lack education in.
Were you even aware that prior to the War Between the States, each state was considered independent and sovereign unto itself?
False. States had rights so long as they did not violate the rights found within the Constitution. The existence of an organization greater than the states which dictates which laws they can or can not enact necessarily means that the states were not independent and sovereign.
It could be argued that it was the War Between the States that ended American Freedom
For Southern states "freedom" means owning slaves. So, yes, the freeing of slaves was the end of "freedom" for people like you.

However, mature educated adults would view slavery as a lack of freedom rather than the other way around.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

DMB wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think is behind the diseases????? Probably the " Good Old Government" .... Do you know that the "Wold Saving" " Mandatory" vaccines back in the 60' & 70's had a cancer gene imbedded in it to slowly weaken the population generations later????...... Vaccines have been packed with mercury which will destroy cells on a molecular level...... This is information is out, just dig dig dig to find it..
You need to recognize the difference between information from rational vs irrational sources.
Do you know the difference between different types of mercury?
Did you know that despite not being a health threat mercury was removed from vaccines and the alleged negatives effects didn't change even without it?
Did you know that both hydrogen and oxygen are explosive and yet they are the only two components in water -- clearly, the illuminati is trying to make people blow up! The information is out there!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Round?
Fruit?
Edible?
Grows on trees?
Sold as produce?
Healthy?
Fruitfly infestation.
John Boy and Jim Bob helped Grandpa soak ivory soap Etc,in a bucket and spray on fruit trees.Bye,bye fruit flies.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to recognize the difference between information from rational vs irrational sources.
Did you know that despite not being a health threat mercury was removed from vaccines and the alleged negatives effects didn't change even without it?
Did you know that both hydrogen and oxygen are explosive and yet they are the only two components in water -- clearly, the illuminati is trying to make people blow up! The information is out there!
Now you sound like SSS.Like the Topix Queen why don't y'all tell us how to think.where to find the correct info and what ever it takes to come to your conclusion.
Or shoukd I say Big Pharma,Big Agra and Big Govy's propaganda.
All about profit and controll.
These people love their families- while the BIG GUYS LOVE THEMSELVES.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Fruitfly infestation.
John Boy and Jim Bob helped Grandpa soak ivory soap Etc,in a bucket and spray on fruit trees.Bye,bye fruit flies.
What works even better is very cheap fortified wine. Just pour it in a bucket and leave it near the trees. They can't resist the smell

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you sound like SSS.Like the Topix Queen why don't y'all tell us how to think.where to find the correct info and what ever it takes to come to your conclusion.
Or shoukd I say Big Pharma,Big Agra and Big Govy's propaganda.
All about profit and controll.
These people love their families- while the BIG GUYS LOVE THEMSELVES.
The problem is that you guys buy into the conspiracy theorist mentality that only requires 10% of the information to draw a conclusion.

You hear "mercury" and you stop reading. You assume that _ALL_ mercury compounds are the same and that they _ALL_ cause the same results.

Not the case.

Then you ignore the fact that DESPITE this being a non-issue, companies actually went ahead and did what you asked ANYWAY at a cost to them.

And the results DID NOT CHANGE.

Let me restate that.

The Wakefield loonies INVENTED the mercury scare DESPITE the fact that we're talking about TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT compounds. AND despite the fact that they KNEW Wakefield was lying, the companies bent over BACKWARDS to accommodate the consumer and REMOVED the benign compound anyway which, if Wakefield was telling the truth (and we know he wasn't) would have solved the problem (EVEN THOUGH there was _NO MECHANISM_ by which it could be causing the problem _AND_ there was NO ACTUAL PROBLEM to be caused!!!!)

The results? Big surprise. The NON-EXISTENT problem which didn't have a plausible mechanism CONTINUED to not exist.

And yet,~10 years later, here you are complaining about a compound which had NO ill effect _AND_ was removed anyway to make you happy.

Oh, but THEY are the bad guys. Not you.

How many millions of lives have you saved?
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
Responsible parents of children which do not endanger the lives of others also pay taxes to send their kids to public schools.
Also, home owners who have no children pay the same taxes.
The difference here is that you are opting to not send your kids to school, which is your right.
Responsible parents pay so you and yours can hold to an illusion of safety and security. This is the source of your fear and anxiety, isn't it? You want as many people paying as possible, and as long as you can feel safe and secure you don't care a bit about such insignificant concepts as Freedom, Autonomy, and Rights. You are one of those that Ben Franklin was talking about who would trade liberty for security, but deserve neither. In the end that's what you and yours will receive too; I hope you live long enough to see it, because your children will for sure.

Perhaps you're not old enough to recall this event, but today is the 43rd anniversary, and some here will remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

When governments fear the people, there is liberty, but when the people have reason to fear the government there is tyranny.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Round?
Fruit?
Edible?
Grows on trees?
Sold as produce?
Healthy?
Are you saying that parasites can't tell the difference? I'd say you're probably right, Herbert.
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that you guys buy into the conspiracy theorist mentality that only requires 10% of the information to draw a conclusion.
You hear "mercury" and you stop reading. You assume that _ALL_ mercury compounds are the same and that they _ALL_ cause the same results.
Not the case.
Then you ignore the fact that DESPITE this being a non-issue, companies actually went ahead and did what you asked ANYWAY at a cost to them.
And the results DID NOT CHANGE.
Let me restate that.
The Wakefield loonies INVENTED the mercury scare DESPITE the fact that we're talking about TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT compounds. AND despite the fact that they KNEW Wakefield was lying, the companies bent over BACKWARDS to accommodate the consumer and REMOVED the benign compound anyway which, if Wakefield was telling the truth (and we know he wasn't) would have solved the problem (EVEN THOUGH there was _NO MECHANISM_ by which it could be causing the problem _AND_ there was NO ACTUAL PROBLEM to be caused!!!!)
The results? Big surprise. The NON-EXISTENT problem which didn't have a plausible mechanism CONTINUED to not exist.
And yet,~10 years later, here you are complaining about a compound which had NO ill effect _AND_ was removed anyway to make you happy.
Oh, but THEY are the bad guys. Not you.
How many millions of lives have you saved?
Wakefield loonies? Mercury?

Wakefield wrote a paper about the MMR, which ia a live virus, mercury would KILL a live virus....no mercury in the MMR.

John Walker Smith, the lead author on that paper, has been exonerated of any wrong doing, and by proxy, so has Wakefield.

The mercury in vaccines is a compounded, man made mercury also used as a fungicide, with disastrous results.

Geeze....
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, please inform us all which sources have attained your approval. CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, Politico, Move on, and who else? These are some of your favorites, aren't they?

In this "Nuggin" character we have witnessed the true herd mentality, the left wing lemming frightened of everything. These were, and remain, the real enemies of Freedom and the Constitution; the enemies within if you will. These are a greater threat to freedom than organized crime, terrorists, or even enemy nations. They are the rot and cancer within that cripple and eventually collapse nations by bleeding their life blood away. They use scare tactics and rhetoric to keep people in fear so they are more easily managed. They do not engage in discussion, but rather preach fear and paranoia, and failing that accuse and berate those who they perceive as standing up to them. There is a name for such people which comes to us from the 60's. Herbert. They can't help being small minded, limited, and obtuse, it is just a product of their home of origin. They see themselves as our overseers, and the only thing they know for sure is that those who think are their worst enemy.

Isn't that nice to know? It can sometimes be good to be known by your enemies.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Geeze wrote:
<quoted text>
Wakefield loonies? Mercury?
Wakefield wrote a paper about the MMR, which ia a live virus, mercury would KILL a live virus....no mercury in the MMR.
John Walker Smith, the lead author on that paper, has been exonerated of any wrong doing, and by proxy, so has Wakefield.
The mercury in vaccines is a compounded, man made mercury also used as a fungicide, with disastrous results.
Geeze....
With so much out there to follow this is one of the many I haven't researched, so all I have is what is on Wikipedia. Not a great source, true, but it is a ready source and good for a quick reference.

The "Live Virus" shots do bother me. Last flu shot I got put me in bed for 2 weeks back in '88. I was in college, wife was away in the Army/National Guard, and our three children were 4, 2, and 4 months {that's when I realized just how amazing my children were/are}. I think it was one of the first "Live Virus" shots. I haven't had flu since, and get a yearly head cold that lasts about 3 to 4 days total.

Keep us all up to date on this aspect because it is always good to know what's happening on other fronts. I tend to major on Rights, Economics, and the Global Government/Oligarchy, which leaves little time for other fronts {not to mention earning a living, etc.}.
Hei

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
What works even better is very cheap fortified wine. Just pour it in a bucket and leave it near the trees. They can't resist the smell
Neither can I resist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,741 - 6,760 of8,457
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Freeze Warning for Greene County was issued at April 16 at 2:01PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE