Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments
6,701 - 6,720 of 9,264 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Trying to have a sensible conservation with some of you People is like trying to "Herd Cats"...It Just Can't Be Done and you'll drive yourself crazy, trying!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Hey wrote:
As far as the so called breeding that's gone on for ever and ever the GMOs do not fall into that category.
John Boy and Jim Bob did not whip up those GMOs with a GENE GUN in the barn with Grampa.
A GMO is a laboratory process where genes from the DNA of one species are extracted and artificially forced into the genes of an unrelated plant or animal.
The forign genes may come from bacteria,viruses,insects,anima ls,or even humans.
Because living organisms have natural barriers to protect themselves against the introduction of DNA from differet species,genetic engineers must force DNA from one organism into another.
These methods include
1.Using virus or bacteria to infect animal or plant cells with the new DNA.
2.DNA into tiny metal pellets and firing it with a gene gun into the cell. Yes John Boy was doing this I remenber now.
3.Injecting the new DNA into fertilized eggs with a very fine needle.
4.Using electric shocks to create holes in the membrane covering sperm,and then forcing the new DNA into the sperm through these holes.
I wonder about that natural barrier that wants to keep this type of thing from happening?
Oh never mind that.Monsanto knows best.
WHAT??? Where are you getting this stuff...out of some B-rated Movie??? This is "crazy Talk" and it doesn't even make sense...not the way you're telling it!

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
It seems to me, Nuggin, that you're pretty fixated on Wakefield.
Not to trip the "Hitler" card, but this is like saying to a WWII historian that he talks about Hitler all the time.
Wakefield is the ORIGIN of the vaccine/autism lie. Of course I'm going to talk about Wakefield. If he hadn't made it up, you wouldn't be here arguing it now.
As for this government not being that government, you are so wrong.
Point out the specific person at the CDC who is both making recommendations on vaccine schedules AND was responsible for the start of the Vietnam war. Can you?
Not the same people.
Back to forced vaccinations, when Bill Gates addressed TED {video on YouTube}, he makes a statement that population could be reduced by 15%{if I recall properly} due to improved vaccination policies in the African Union. Pray tell, what did he mean by that?
Do you honestly not know? Or are you being deliberately stupid?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are honestly dumb.
The population growth rate for so called "1st world" countries is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than that of 3rd world countries. That's because our better access to health care means that parents can be more secure in their belief that any given child will survive to adulthood.
The sad truth is, when you lose children to malaria at the rate they do in Africa, you have more kids to cover the losses.
As Bill _ACTUALLY SAID IN THE TALK_ when countries have medical security the people choose to have less children.
Of course, you didn't actually bother to read what he said or try and grasp context. You latched onto whatever out of context quote best fit your conspiracy theory and ran with it.
Heaven forbid the truth get in the way or your ideology.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
You don't know who Thorsen is?Well that's not good enough. Just ask the Google Guy.
As far as the HERD immunity BS the Google Guy has the skinny on that too.
Russell
Blaylock Md"One of the GOOD LIES of the vaccine program is the concept of HERD IMMUNITY.In fact,vaccines for most Americans declined to non protective levels within 5 to 10 years of the vaccines.This means that for the vast majority of Americans as well as otherin the developed world,herd immunity doesn't exist and hasn't for over 60 years."
http://rense.com/general18/mcc.htm
http://www.whale.to/a/herd.html
Pre-vaccination how often were their polio, measels, mumps, protuses, etc outbreaks?

When vaccination schedules were followed, what happened to the number of outbreaks?

Now that parents are buying the lie about autism and failing to vaccinate their kids, what's happening?

When vaccination rates go up, disease numbers go down.
When vaccination rates go down, disease numbers go up.

If herd immunity is a myth, explain the data.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT??? Where are you getting this stuff...out of some B-rated Movie??? This is "crazy Talk" and it doesn't even make sense...not the way you're telling it!
No, he's correct in that that is how scientists do studies with gene introduction.

What he's failing to grasp is that unlike this where people know exactly what gene is being added to what TEST PLANT in the lab, natural random mutation introduces an unknown number of unknown mutations into plants in the wild where we can't monitor nor test them.

But you know, random stuff going undetected is always better than controlled monitored and contained experiments. Riiiiiiight
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Yes people know what gene is going where but we are talking the mixing of different species.
We are talking about pesticides built right into the corn that we also eat not just the bugs it kills when they eat it.
Animals are becoming sterile,sheep feeding on bt cotton plants are dead,it is contaminating other crops, it is bankrupting farmers it is destroying the soil,it is contaminating the water, thousands of farmers in India are killing themselves,Lab rats fed GMOs are full of cancerous tumors. And I have not touched all the issues with GMOs just a few.
But no problems here.Monsanto knows best.The only ones doing great is Monsanto and the ones who gave them the green light before decent studies were done.
Monsanto's plan is to controll the whole friggin food supply.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he's correct in that that is how scientists do studies with gene introduction.
What he's failing to grasp is that unlike this where people know exactly what gene is being added to what TEST PLANT in the lab, natural random mutation introduces an unknown number of unknown mutations into plants in the wild where we can't monitor nor test them.
But you know, random stuff going undetected is always better than controlled monitored and contained experiments. Riiiiiiight
This knowing exactly about the stuff being better, over that random nature junk,is like saying controled radiation leaks are better than wild oxygen floating all over the place on a massive rampage.Just use the right words, in the right place, and wala it works and sounds good. Did I grasp how to make wrong look right by moving words around in the right way?
I'm not falling for it.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
Animals are becoming sterile,sheep feeding on bt cotton plants are dead,
Which is why we don't eat cotton plants. Or sheep for that matter.

When was the last time you had mutton?
thousands of farmers in India are killing themselves
Which has nothing to do with America. Thousands of farmers in India are raping little girls too. Also nothing to do with us.
Lab rats fed GMOs are full of cancerous tumors.
That study has been discredited which you would know if you had read my earlier post the last time you brought it up.
Monsanto's plan is to controll the whole friggin food supply.
You are combining two different issues. You are saying that rice hybrids or corn that is frost resistant is dangerous because some other company has overbearing contracts on seed sales with farmers.

They are two wildly different issues.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
This knowing exactly about the stuff being better, over that random nature junk,is like saying controled radiation leaks are better than wild oxygen floating all over the place on a massive rampage.Just use the right words, in the right place, and wala it works and sounds good. Did I grasp how to make wrong look right by moving words around in the right way?
I'm not falling for it.
Oh, I know. You only fall for the stuff where there is no evidence to back it up. Like the vaccines.

Let me guess, you're also a fan of accupuncture and homeopathy as well
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why we don't eat cotton plants. Or sheep for that matter.
When was the last time you had mutton?
<quoted text>
Which has nothing to do with America. Thousands of farmers in India are raping little girls too. Also nothing to do with us.
<quoted text>
That study has been discredited which you would know if you had read my earlier post the last time you brought it up.
<quoted text>
You are combining two different issues. You are saying that rice hybrids or corn that is frost resistant is dangerous because some other company has overbearing contracts on seed sales with farmers.
They are two wildly different issues.
A lot of kids get raped here too and it does matter how our neighbors in India are doing, they are as valid as we are.
The left over cotton plants have always been fed to sheep but the GMO cotton plants killed.I know it was only some sheep in India but they are dead as can be.
I'am waiting for the study that Russia is doing on GMOs.I'm guessing the French are also.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of kids get raped here too and it does matter how our neighbors in India are doing, they are as valid as we are.
The left over cotton plants have always been fed to sheep but the GMO cotton plants killed.I know it was only some sheep in India but they are dead as can be.
I'am waiting for the study that Russia is doing on GMOs.I'm guessing the French are also.
So I looked into your little story and here are the facts.

First off, India's farmer suicide rate has been steady since 1996. The Bt cotton you are blaming for it wasn't available in India until 2002.

Second, the event you are talking about with the sheep happened in 2006. It was an isolated event and the results of testing were inconclusive because there were a number of pesticides used on the cotton plants.

So, in the last six years either -
A) Bt cotton has been eaten and killed lots of sheep and no one noticed
B) Bt cotton was been eaten and had no effect on sheep because it was a secondary issue that caused the deaths
C) No sheep anywhere in India or elsewhere have managed to eat any Bt cotton which COMPLETELY defeats the "it can't be contained argument".
geez

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You think it is not significant because your child didn't die of a preventable disease as a result of someone else electing to forgo vaccination.
I suspect if you talk to the parents who have lost children to the resurgence of measel and mumps, you would find that THEY think it's a VERY significant issue.
You are perfectly within your rights to endanger your children. You are not within your rights to endanger EVERYONE ELSE'S children.
And when ignorance leads to dangerous behavior, it is important for SOMEONE to step in and tell the ignorant minority to STOP doing the thing which is endangering the majority.
Refusing to vaccinate your kids endangers the lives of EVERYONE.
It's like this "Nuggin" my child nor anyone else's child isn't going to die until it's time for God to take them. All of our days are numbered & NOTHING will change that day. God is in control. So all these ignorant government fearing people can run out & get whatever immunizations the government wants you to do to pad their pockets, but it isn't going to make any difference. The ones that have passed away already, then that was the day God intended.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

geez wrote:
<quoted text> It's like this "Nuggin" my child nor anyone else's child isn't going to die until it's time for God to take them. All of our days are numbered & NOTHING will change that day.
Stop and think before you answer.

Do you look both ways before crossing the street?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Total Ideological BS. Walk in front of a bus doing about 50 miles an hour, only, and see what happens.
Put a loaded gun barrel in your mouth and pull the trigger, and see what happens.

Some people simply refuse to use the brain that God gave them and that's really why we're all in the mess we're in, today.
Too many listening to False Prophets and letting them tell them what to think, instead of thinking for themselves....Christian Radicals!
Just as dangerous as any Muslim Radical...a Radical is dangerous, no matter what Religion they believe in, because they are controlled by an Ideology...an EVIL Ideology...that's what makes them a Radical. And to use an old phase, "that's the Devil's Workshop", no matter what Religion it is! Don't believe it? Just look around you and see the damage it's already done...to ALL of us!
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Total Ideological BS. Walk in front of a bus doing about 50 miles an hour, only, and see what happens.
Put a loaded gun barrel in your mouth and pull the trigger, and see what happens.
Some people simply refuse to use the brain that God gave them and that's really why we're all in the mess we're in, today.
Too many listening to False Prophets and letting them tell them what to think, instead of thinking for themselves....Christian Radicals!
Just as dangerous as any Muslim Radical...a Radical is dangerous, no matter what Religion they believe in, because they are controlled by an Ideology...an EVIL Ideology...that's what makes them a Radical. And to use an old phase, "that's the Devil's Workshop", no matter what Religion it is! Don't believe it? Just look around you and see the damage it's already done...to ALL of us!
Okay, just one thing here. "Christian Radicals"? I kinda see myself as a "Christian Radical" because I'm so radically different from most who call themselves "Christian". May I, respectfully, suggest ... "Religious Radicals" which will cover a larger group, or maybe just "Lemmings" which will cover an even larger demographic including all of those who refuse to think, and take responsibility, for themselves? Aside from that I am compelled to agree, though I wish this were not so.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
Not to trip the "Hitler" card, but this is like saying to a WWII historian that he talks about Hitler all the time.
Wakefield is the ORIGIN of the vaccine/autism lie. Of course I'm going to talk about Wakefield. If he hadn't made it up, you wouldn't be here arguing it now.
Most that I know talk mainly about how the US was drawn into the war by convincing Japan that the US and China were colluding against them, thus manipulating Japan into bombing Pearl Harbor to attempt to prevent this union. Truth is, the People did not want to get involved, just like in the first World War, and just like in the first we were dragged into it by manufactured rhetoric. But, you know, that's just the ones I know.
Nuggin wrote:
Point out the specific person at the CDC who is both making recommendations on vaccine schedules AND was responsible for the start of the Vietnam war. Can you?
Not the same people.
True, they aren't the same people, but interestingly they all follow the same agenda. Watch any "News" broadcast and how odd is it to hear the same buzz words coming from diverse organizations? The word "Radicalize", "Radicalization", and plain old "Radical" have been prominent lately, but do you know why, and what agenda is driving the usage of that word? If not, don't sweat it, you're not alone. There are other words that are also cycling through, but I'd dare say that unless they tap on your particular compartment you're probably missing them.
Nuggin wrote:
Do you honestly not know? Or are you being deliberately stupid?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are honestly dumb.
The population growth rate for so called "1st world" countries is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than that of 3rd world countries. That's because our better access to health care means that parents can be more secure in their belief that any given child will survive to adulthood.
The sad truth is, when you lose children to malaria at the rate they do in Africa, you have more kids to cover the losses.
As Bill _ACTUALLY SAID IN THE TALK_ when countries have medical security the people choose to have less children.
Of course, you didn't actually bother to read what he said or try and grasp context. You latched onto whatever out of context quote best fit your conspiracy theory and ran with it.
Heaven forbid the truth get in the way or your ideology.
Oh yes, that has worked so well here in the US. Well, it has in the more affluent communities, but not so much in the less affluent it seems.

The central issue here, as I see it, is ownership. Who owns me, who owns my children? I have to ask you why you've worked so hard to distract from that central issue.

You know? Someone should be logging this for future review. I'm guessing this might be very interesting reading in three to five years.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
Oh yes, that has worked so well here in the US. Well, it has in the more affluent communities, but not so much in the less affluent it seems.
... really? You aren't even thinking before you post, are you?

The point Bill made was _access to health care results in a reduction in the number of children families choose to have_.

Your counter to that is that in America only the wealthy families (AKA _the ones with access to health care_) are seeing a reduction in birthrate while the poor families (AKA _the ones WITHOUT access to health care_) are still having high birth rates.

In other words _exactly what Bill said_!
The central issue here, as I see it, is ownership. Who owns me, who owns my children? I have to ask you why you've worked so hard to distract from that central issue.
First off, I'd like to point out this sentence of yours:

"Who owns my children?"

Pretty f'ing ironic.

Second, you don't have the right to endanger other people. Criminals own their own bodies, but we lock those bodies in jails.

You are allowed to make decisions, but you need to LIVE WITH the decisions you make.

If you decide that you want to carry around a machete and swing it randomly, you are free to do so. However, you must stay on your own property and at least two arm lengths away from everyone else.

If you decide to be a harbor for infectious disease, then you must stay away from people for whom that disease is a serious threat.

That means that children who are not vaccinated will not be allowed in public schools where their lack of responsibility can harm the children of more responsible parents.

Again, you are FREE to do whatever the hell you want. You just have to LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES of those choices.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
... really? You aren't even thinking before you post, are you?
The point Bill made was _access to health care results in a reduction in the number of children families choose to have_.
Your counter to that is that in America only the wealthy families (AKA _the ones with access to health care_) are seeing a reduction in birthrate while the poor families (AKA _the ones WITHOUT access to health care_) are still having high birth rates.
In other words _exactly what Bill said_!
<quoted text>
First off, I'd like to point out this sentence of yours:
"Who owns my children?"
Pretty f'ing ironic.
Second, you don't have the right to endanger other people. Criminals own their own bodies, but we lock those bodies in jails.
You are allowed to make decisions, but you need to LIVE WITH the decisions you make.
If you decide that you want to carry around a machete and swing it randomly, you are free to do so. However, you must stay on your own property and at least two arm lengths away from everyone else.
If you decide to be a harbor for infectious disease, then you must stay away from people for whom that disease is a serious threat.
That means that children who are not vaccinated will not be allowed in public schools where their lack of responsibility can harm the children of more responsible parents.
Again, you are FREE to do whatever the hell you want. You just have to LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES of those choices.
Those of affluence tend to choose to either have fewer, or in some cases no, children for reasons other than access to health care, or do you really think they're that superficial? Their choices come from an improved education and based in a deeper reflection on the human condition.

You really are quite presumptuous in telling me what my rights are not, while avoiding the central issue. Are your textual criticism skills so poor?

What I am doing is putting you and your words on display. We have reached the point where you have established certain patterns of action that are visible to those reading. I tend to believe in the innate intelligence of individuals, and I don't look at people as a herd.

All things have consequences, some good, some bad. Perhaps you're beginning to see that you too have consequences, some of which will have effects on your children, and their children as well, perhaps to the third and fourth generations. But then, maybe you haven't thought about it that far. I honestly don't know, but your own doctrine of interdependence says that my choices with my own children will have repercussions for generations to come, not just with my own progeny, but also with all of those they interact with. I am quite content with the dynamics I've set in motion, are you?

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
your own doctrine of interdependence says that my choices with my own children will have repercussions for generations to come, not just with my own progeny, but also with all of those they interact with. I am quite content with the dynamics I've set in motion, are you?
Absolutely.

Just keep your unvaccinated children away from the public and we're all free to do as we like.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely.
Just keep your unvaccinated children away from the public and we're all free to do as we like.
My youngest turns 26 this year. And just who do you think you are to tell anyone what to do?

Thus far you've been rude, uncouth, quite vulgar at times, and you've argued against your own assumptions but not against much of anything I've said, yet you seek to exercise authority over me and mine?

While you hide behind your keyboard and spout your governmental slavery propaganda, doesn't it just irritate you to no end that there are those of us who are literate, learned, and stand against you? Call me stupid if it makes you feel like a big boy, but all you've done is parade for everyone else just how petty and small you are, and how closed your mind really is. I should also mention that you've illustrated quite nicely how judgmental you are.

So, aside from being an apologist for tyranny, a governmental stooge, judgmental and condemning, and not really all that good with the reading skills, what else do you want to show us?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info