Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments
6,241 - 6,260 of 8,959 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
shocking

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

I saw this study and was shocked, what FDA doesn't want people knowing http://www.contriving.net/images/autism_organ...
tjones

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

WHY IS IT THAT EVERYONE WANTS YOU TO GET THESE SHOTS SO SO SO SO BAD,,IVE NEVER HAD ONE AND MY KIDS HASNT GOT ONE AND WE'VE HAD A COLD NOTHING MAJOR LIKE ALWAYS ONCE OR TWICE A YEAR,,I JUST DONT THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA,, IF YOUR TRYING TO PUSH THIS ON ME AND MY KIDS LIKE A DRUG DEALER,,MAYBE THERES SOMETHING MORE TO THIS THAN JUST A FLU SHOT,,I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU PEOPLE PUT IN THIS SHOT IN YOUR MAD SCIENTIST LABS,, THESE GOVERNMENT LABS MADE BATH SALTS, THAT FAKE MARIJUANA,, THESE PEOPLE WAS PAID BY THE GOVERNMENT!! MAYBE THIS IS SOMETHING I DONT WANT IN MY BODY OR MY CHILDREN,, QUIT TRYING TO PUSH THIS ON MY CHILDREN AND ME !!
tjones

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

parent wrote:
<quoted text>What i am saying is that the government is gonna do what they want when they want and there is nothing we can do.your opinion nor mine matters,there is nothing we can do except bitch gripe and complain..the choice should be left to the parent but what do we know,we just raise them for 18 yrs.
EXACTLY THEY WANT TO PUT THERE DRUGS IN YOU AND CHARGE YOU,, BUT THEY DONT WANT NOBODY TO BUY DRUGS FROM SOMEONE ELSE AND USE THEM OR THEY WILL CHARGE YOU FOR ILLEGAL DRUGS CAUSE THEY DIDNT MAKE THEM !! SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT GOVERNMENT WE HAVE !!

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

myname wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:
..."especially since the shots now are the shots our parents and we got"...
From what I've learned vaccines today are NOT what used to be given. Far from it. Used to be a vaccine against a handful of health issues - diptheria, mumps,measles, tetanus.
Today's vaccine covers an armload of health issues.I'll look this up and get back to you on it.
I strongly feel it sometimes brings on autism. I don't rightly put too much confidence in these scientific researches.
The conclusion made about autism could be and probably is for the benefit of 'Big Pharma' working in direct collusion with FDA.
After all - if the vaccines were declared HARMFUL, think how much $millions$ the drug companies would then lose! Drug companies DON'T care about our health; they care about making MONEY only.
You "strongly feel it sometimes brings on autism."

All I can say is wow!

You know... I think I'll trust my doctor's recommendation and the recommendation of scientists that have advanced degrees in this field and their years of study on this very topic over your uninformed, uneducated "feeling" any day of the week.

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

tjones wrote:
WHY IS IT THAT EVERYONE WANTS YOU TO GET THESE SHOTS SO SO SO SO BAD,,IVE NEVER HAD ONE AND MY KIDS HASNT GOT ONE AND WE'VE HAD A COLD NOTHING MAJOR LIKE ALWAYS ONCE OR TWICE A YEAR,,I JUST DONT THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA,, IF YOUR TRYING TO PUSH THIS ON ME AND MY KIDS LIKE A DRUG DEALER,,MAYBE THERES SOMETHING MORE TO THIS THAN JUST A FLU SHOT,,I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU PEOPLE PUT IN THIS SHOT IN YOUR MAD SCIENTIST LABS,, THESE GOVERNMENT LABS MADE BATH SALTS, THAT FAKE MARIJUANA,, THESE PEOPLE WAS PAID BY THE GOVERNMENT!! MAYBE THIS IS SOMETHING I DONT WANT IN MY BODY OR MY CHILDREN,, QUIT TRYING TO PUSH THIS ON MY CHILDREN AND ME !!
<sigh> ok, look, it's like this. They want all kids to have these shots because the kids are going to be in close proximity to each other in a class room each day. Your kid may not have these illnesses, but how do you know someone else's kid doesn't? They want all the kids in school to get them so that they can try to insure that the illnesses don't spread like wild fire in case one kid comes in with it and is in close proximity to all the other kids.

I'll trust my doctor's recommendation and the recommendation of scientists who have spent their lives studying this issue over the uneducated, misinformed "feelings" of folks like you.

There is a simple solution... if you don't want your kids to have the immunization, keep them at home and home school them so that other parents kids don't have to worry about your kids bringing a disease into the classroom. Simple really...
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

TN Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You "strongly feel it sometimes brings on autism."
All I can say is wow!
You know... I think I'll trust my doctor's recommendation and the recommendation of scientists that have advanced degrees in this field and their years of study on this very topic over your uninformed, uneducated "feeling" any day of the week.
And of course, those advanced degrees make them so much smarter than the rest of us, making them higher on the "Authority Scale", so people should abandon thinking for themselves. Also, these advanced degrees mean there's no way they would sell their opinions, but even if they do, they're smarter than we are so we should still listen to them. Furthermore, just because Doctors get paid for every prescription they write is no reason to think there's a monetary motive behind their decisions, and of course the fact that it is the same pharmaceutical company that makes the vaccines is of no consequence at all.

Do I have your overall attitude right? Just checking to make sure.

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course, those advanced degrees make them so much smarter than the rest of us, making them higher on the "Authority Scale", so people should abandon thinking for themselves. Also, these advanced degrees mean there's no way they would sell their opinions, but even if they do, they're smarter than we are so we should still listen to them. Furthermore, just because Doctors get paid for every prescription they write is no reason to think there's a monetary motive behind their decisions, and of course the fact that it is the same pharmaceutical company that makes the vaccines is of no consequence at all.
Do I have your overall attitude right? Just checking to make sure.
I was being a bit more snarky than necessary, but since you ask, yes you pretty much understood my overall attitude perfectly.

Doctor's don't get paid by pharmaceutical companies to push immunizations. I know many family Doctors and their only motivation (beyond getting paid for the medical visit - they have to make a living of course) is to help their patients... PERIOD.

Both Doctors, scientists, and the government have pushed the immunization agenda because it is the best thing for the common public good. When Polio and TB was running rampant would you have complained about vaccinations then? The reason we don't have stuff like that running through the population at large now like we did 50-100 years ago is... immunizations.

So to sum up, yes, I will trust the opinion of Doctor's who have worked for years studying medicine and practicing medicine, and the "scientists" who work on the vaccines. They know more than some "joe the plumber" that doesn't have the education or any reliable evidence to dispute the positive effects of immunization.
tjones

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

TN Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
<sigh> ok, look, it's like this. They want all kids to have these shots because the kids are going to be in close proximity to each other in a class room each day. Your kid may not have these illnesses, but how do you know someone else's kid doesn't? They want all the kids in school to get them so that they can try to insure that the illnesses don't spread like wild fire in case one kid comes in with it and is in close proximity to all the other kids.
I'll trust my doctor's recommendation and the recommendation of scientists who have spent their lives studying this issue over the uneducated, misinformed "feelings" of folks like you.
There is a simple solution... if you don't want your kids to have the immunization, keep them at home and home school them so that other parents kids don't have to worry about your kids bringing a disease into the classroom. Simple really...
they want even let kids start school, if there not up to date on shots,,myself i was talking about one in general,, the flu shot !!
truth

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

This is false. There are many children in school in Henderson County and all across the nation who do not take vaccinations. They CAN go to school. Mine does. It requires a waver but they do NOT have to be vaccinated. INCLUDED in this group of children are parents who are physicians, nurses, and a lot of well educated parents who have done their research.
truth

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Waiver I meant to say. This waiver is on the Tennessee.gov website.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

shocking wrote:
I saw this study and was shocked, what FDA doesn't want people knowing http://www.contriving.net/images/autism_organ...
Wow! If that's accurate, that IS astounding!
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

TN Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being a bit more snarky than necessary, but since you ask, yes you pretty much understood my overall attitude perfectly.
Doctor's don't get paid by pharmaceutical companies to push immunizations. I know many family Doctors and their only motivation (beyond getting paid for the medical visit - they have to make a living of course) is to help their patients... PERIOD.
Both Doctors, scientists, and the government have pushed the immunization agenda because it is the best thing for the common public good. When Polio and TB was running rampant would you have complained about vaccinations then? The reason we don't have stuff like that running through the population at large now like we did 50-100 years ago is... immunizations.
So to sum up, yes, I will trust the opinion of Doctor's who have worked for years studying medicine and practicing medicine, and the "scientists" who work on the vaccines. They know more than some "joe the plumber" that doesn't have the education or any reliable evidence to dispute the positive effects of immunization.
Has your trusted Doc wrote you a prescription for Viox lately?
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

TN Reader wrote:
Just thought I'd clarify your position. Let me make mine clear as well.

When the individual has the final say, I have no problem with doctors, scientists, or even the government recommending medication or vaccine.

The real, or at least underlying, issue at hand is ownership. Who owns me; who owns my family? Those who own themselves and their family are truly free, but when the ultimate authority rests not with the individual but with the government, then the individual does not own him/herself, or the family.
Yo Mama Obama

Yadkinville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
When the individual has the final say, I have no problem with doctors, scientists, or even the government recommending medication or vaccine.
The real, or at least underlying, issue at hand is ownership. Who owns me; who owns my family? Those who own themselves and their family are truly free, but when the ultimate authority rests not with the individual but with the government, then the individual does not own him/herself, or the family.
I own you, with my health care program I am much better suited for making decisions for your children than you are. You poor backward thinking freedom lovers just have yet to grasp the concept of a superior being in the form of as centralized authority. I will supply all your needs if you will just surrender your thought process to my governance.

Praise Allah (but worship government)
What the heck

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

This Allah goon needs to stay off the post since it makes absolutely NO sense
WTH

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

What the heck wrote:
This Allah goon needs to stay off the post since it makes absolutely NO sense
It's called sarcasm.
really

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Really? Because it just sounded stupid
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Yo Mama Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
I own you, with my health care program I am much better suited for making decisions for your children than you are. You poor backward thinking freedom lovers just have yet to grasp the concept of a superior being in the form of as centralized authority. I will supply all your needs if you will just surrender your thought process to my governance.
Praise Allah (but worship government)
Isn't that just so typically Kenyan?

<Soon to be a statement of hateful Nationalism; similar to racism, just more geographically specific>
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

really wrote:
Really? Because it just sounded stupid
You know? I was going to say that when you grow up it might make more sense, but considering you're probably a product of government schooling ....

Never mind.

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I understand what you are saying now, and I agree to a point. The parents should have a say in getting the kids vaccinated or not. I just hold the position that if they choose NOT to, that their kids should be barred from public schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Greeneville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••