Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Full story: Chattanoogan.com 9,583

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Full Story
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#6687 Dec 8, 2012
state law wrote:
<quoted text>it is the law to get theshots for your kids
Another sheep.

No. It's not the law. Exemption forms are available from your county health dept.
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#6688 Dec 8, 2012
News flash wrote:
Remember the 2005 Danish study on thimerasol & autism? It seems the author is a tad corrupt...
10. Most. Wanted.
https://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/fugitives/profiles....
Meanwhile, the lead author of the Wakefield study has been exonerated of any wrong doing.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/healt...
Which exonerates all authors associated with the study.
Yep.
POUL THORSEN is a wanted fugitive & the researcher who authored 21 of the 24 government studies that the CDC says prove vaccines don't cause autism.

He stole over a million of the research money (U.S. tax dollars), was indicted on 22 counts of Wire Fraud & Money laundering, committed forgery, purchased a new home, a Harley, an Audi, an SUV, and fled -- yet the CDC continues to base their claim of no link on his research.

He is top on the list of the Inspector General's "Most Wanted" list.

Still think vaccines don't cause autism?
its the law

Cookeville, TN

#6689 Dec 8, 2012
Geeze wrote:
<quoted text>
Another sheep.
No. It's not the law. Exemption forms are available from your county health dept.
i totally agree it is the law
Vaccfree

Inman, SC

#6690 Dec 8, 2012
My 5 month old has not received any vaccinations. We go to her pediatrician regularly who supports our decision. I have an 8yr old step son with autism that seemed to develop post MMR vaccination. I think the government tells us what to do enough as it is. This should always be a choice for parents. Every time our children get vaccinated we sign a form stating we can't sue if our kids are harmed or die..... They have found mercury in shots in the past.... How do we know what's really in the vaccines. I can put a label on a bottle of alcohol and call it water... Why should we trust these money hungry drug companies?
pro vaccinations

Cookeville, TN

#6691 Dec 8, 2012
Vaccfree wrote:
My 5 month old has not received any vaccinations. We go to her pediatrician regularly who supports our decision. I have an 8yr old step son with autism that seemed to develop post MMR vaccination. I think the government tells us what to do enough as it is. This should always be a choice for parents. Every time our children get vaccinated we sign a form stating we can't sue if our kids are harmed or die..... They have found mercury in shots in the past.... How do we know what's really in the vaccines. I can put a label on a bottle of alcohol and call it water... Why should we trust these money hungry drug companies?
how are you going to enroll your kids in school with no shots ever been given? you are being selfish not getting the shots your kid is at risk and any other kid that they are around
Reilly

Strawberry Plains, TN

#6692 Dec 8, 2012
It is law in TN. Your child can't enroll in school without proof of immunizations, been law for a while.

Also, if you don't want your child to have immunizations, you should be forced to home school. I do not want my children exposed to all those horrid diseases, because you don't believe in it, that's just stupid!

As for the lawsuit argument, we already know the people that don't want their child inoculated don't have a pot to piss in, so why should we be forced to live by the decisions of the opposition?
Danger_Close

Normal, IL

#6694 Dec 9, 2012
you can get exemption forms from ANY health dept. our children attend school and we have NEVER vaccinated!
Nope

Livingston, TN

#6696 Dec 9, 2012
Two words 'Freedom and Liberty.' Please research the pros and cons bout vaccinations. Do y'all really think a baby strait its mother's womb need to be vaccinated against a sexual (hepatitis B) disease? Can we not wait until the babies immune system kicks in like we to with puppies.
Please educate yourself about vaccinations before deciding what you think others should do.
Did y'all know that autism was unheard of before the 70's... It's not just autism either it's autoimmune disease, neurological problems, so-called attention deficit disorder, and many many other problems.
Big Pharma pumps a lot of money into our congressmen's pockets just so they can make tons of money pushing crap that they don't even know that works.
Ask yourselves why Dr. Oz recommends vaccinations for your kids, yet refuses to give them to his own??????????
reason

Livingston, TN

#6697 Dec 9, 2012
Question: Why would someone that is fully vaccinated be afraid of touching someone that is non-vaccinated?
Vaccfree

Inman, SC

#6698 Dec 9, 2012
reason wrote:
Question: Why would someone that is fully vaccinated be afraid of touching someone that is non-vaccinated?
Exactly! Why worry about anything if man made vaccinations are given to your children and you trust that they work.... What other ppl do should not concern you if you think these vaccines work shouldn't your child be safe?
And I've seen studies that show that most all "vaccine preventable" diseases were already on the decline before vaccines even came out for them... I just do not believe that our Gov has our best interests in mind pushing shots for our kids... And they keep adding more and more! There are hardly any studies done to prove its safe to administer SO many together its insane! I think ppl need to really educate themselves... Look up the side effects of these vaccines, read testimonies of parents whose kid died, or is living with a disability because of these "life saving" vaccinations. It should be a choice is all I believe. If you want to put your kids life in the hands of some pharmacist, mixing chemicals and live viruses thats your choice... We should always have the choice to not inoculate our children... It's a PARENTS right to raise our kids not the government.
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#6699 Dec 9, 2012
Reilly wrote:
It is law in TN. Your child can't enroll in school without proof of immunizations, been law for a while.
Also, if you don't want your child to have immunizations, you should be forced to home school. I do not want my children exposed to all those horrid diseases, because you don't believe in it, that's just stupid!
As for the lawsuit argument, we already know the people that don't want their child inoculated don't have a pot to piss in, so why should we be forced to live by the decisions of the opposition?
http://health.state.tn.us/ceds/required.htm

Children with medical or religious exemption to requirements

Medical – Physician or health department authorized to indicate specific vaccines medically exempted (because of risk of harm) on the new form. Other vaccines remain required.
Religious – Requires a signed statement by the parent/guardian that vaccination conflicts with their religious tenets or practices. If documentation of a health examination is required by the school, it must be noted by the healthcare provider on the immunization certificate. In that case, the provider should check the box that the parent has sought a religious exemption.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#6700 Dec 10, 2012
"It's the law"???

Through all the bluster and pontification it is so easy to see the driving fear behind the words. Fear of disease, fear of opposing the governmental authority structure, and the overall sense of subservience. How can so many be so quick to abdicate their freedom for the false security of slavery?
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#6701 Dec 10, 2012
Nope wrote:
Two words 'Freedom and Liberty.' Please research the pros and cons bout vaccinations. Do y'all really think a baby strait its mother's womb need to be vaccinated against a sexual (hepatitis B) disease? Can we not wait until the babies immune system kicks in like we to with puppies.
Please educate yourself about vaccinations before deciding what you think others should do.
Did y'all know that autism was unheard of before the 70's... It's not just autism either it's autoimmune disease, neurological problems, so-called attention deficit disorder, and many many other problems.
Big Pharma pumps a lot of money into our congressmen's pockets just so they can make tons of money pushing crap that they don't even know that works.
Ask yourselves why Dr. Oz recommends vaccinations for your kids, yet refuses to give them to his own??????????
The explosion in ADHD began in the seventies, the meteoric rise in autism in the nineties. Along with these neurological disorders came autoimmune disorders.
Amazingly, the same pharma that brought us the mercury & aluminum laced vaccines (both mercury & aluminum) are known immune disruptors, They also have the cure for the diseases they caused.

See how that works?
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#6702 Dec 10, 2012
Read the Simpsonwood transcripts:

http://www.safeminds.org/government-affairs/f...
ocsdor

Palmyra, IN

#6703 Dec 10, 2012
vaccinetruth dot org

learn the truth
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#6704 Dec 11, 2012
Researchers from Australia have identified an ancestry of Pink Disease (Infantile Acrodynia) as a risk factor for Autism Spectrum Disorders. Pink disease was common in the first half of the 20th century as a mysterious illness affecting children between the ages of eighteen months and three and a half years. The disorder presented with apathy, irritability, and progressive loss of speech, symptoms very similar to those exhibited by children with autism.
Nearly fifty years passed before a connection was made between the disease and exposure to mercury in teething powder, worm medications and diaper rinses. The disease developed in approximately 1 in 500 children exposed to the products and experts identified idiosyncratic sensitivity to mercury as the key risk factor.
The new study, published July 28th in the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health investigated the hypothesis that autism can result from the interaction between mercury exposure and a genetic predisposition to sensitivity to mercury.
Currently, 43 peer-reviewed studies support a link between mercury and autism, and experts agree that autism is caused by the interaction of genetic susceptibility and environmental exposures.
The Australian researchers, David Austin, PhD and Kerrie Shandley investigated whether individuals with a known hypersensitivity to mercury were more likely to have descendants with an autism spectrum disorder. They surveyed 522 adult survivors of Pink Disease about the health of their grandchildren. They found that 1 in 25 of these grandchildren had an autism spectrum disorder compared to 1 in 160 children of the same ages in the general population in Australia; a staggering six-fold increase in relative risk. Dr. Austin had the following comment,“The large elevation in autism prevalence in this group of children was startling especially given that rates of other childhood disorders were at expected levels. The thing that differentiates these children from the general population, to which they were compared, is a family history of mercury sensitivity. We were simply blown away by the results.”

http://www.safeminds.org/news/pressroom/press...
The Australian
not required

Hendersonville, TN

#6705 Dec 11, 2012
hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>if your child attends school yes they are mandatory,no way around it,,also the courts have ruled in several cases not getting the shots is child neglect.
tn has a state form to opt out of vaccines : http://www.tennessee.gov/education/schoolheal...
Ironic Elmo

Cookeville, TN

#6706 Dec 11, 2012
So THIS is where the crazies hang out! WOW!
WTH

Manchester, TN

#6707 Dec 11, 2012
reason wrote:
They are afraid because they do not think for themselves and have become a Big Pharma Parrot,
observer

Crossville, TN

#6708 Dec 11, 2012
Ironic Elmo wrote:
So THIS is where the crazies hang out! WOW!
This is for grownup discussion. Cast your spam and clueless marks and get back in your corner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 4 min Reclaim rights 156
merry christmas 16 min unc tarheel 10
Marvin Dorton (Oct '11) 39 min Reclaim rights 13
What I got fer Christas 39 min hmmmmmmmmmmmmm 2
What goes on at Timberfell? (Sep '11) 1 hr really 275
DNA testing 1 hr Really 3
On the 1st day of Christmas 1 hr Kohlrabi 29
Principal at Mosheim 4 hr oh lawd 78
Is Greene County inbred? 9 hr Mary Kresmus 37
Greeneville Dating