Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9767 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

IDK

Cookeville, TN

#6665 Nov 21, 2012
everyone has rights,no one should be forced anything they don't want
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#6667 Nov 22, 2012
sriracha wrote:
<quoted text>
The areas where you understand science, statistics, history, and genetics.
Got any examples? Or is this the best you've got?
Agnus

Madison, TN

#6672 Nov 26, 2012
How bout all those folks up north that thought they were gettin' a steroid shot & got a big dose of meningitis? I know those weren't mandated vaccines but GEEZ! Things that make U go hmmmmm.
Geeze

Sparta, TN

#6673 Nov 26, 2012
Agnus wrote:
How bout all those folks up north that thought they were gettin' a steroid shot & got a big dose of meningitis? I know those weren't mandated vaccines but GEEZ! Things that make U go hmmmmm.
Up north?

Tennessee had 82 cases, including 13 deaths.
maxie

Denver, CO

#6675 Dec 1, 2012
no joke
nmo

Anjou, Canada

#6676 Dec 1, 2012
seriously
no joke

Kansas City, MO

#6677 Dec 1, 2012
great uhuh
News flash

Sparta, TN

#6681 Dec 1, 2012
Remember the 2005 Danish study on thimerasol & autism? It seems the author is a tad corrupt...

10. Most. Wanted.

https://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/fugitives/profiles....

Meanwhile, the lead author of the Wakefield study has been exonerated of any wrong doing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/healt...

Which exonerates all authors associated with the study.

Yep.
jamie

United States

#6682 Dec 2, 2012
Who
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#6683 Dec 2, 2012
"... a man sees what he wants to see and ignores the rest."

Man, or woman, it doesn't seem to matter. It seems some prefer to be told what to do by some authority structure rather than think for themselves, and furthermore want others under the same tyranny they crave.

Behold the death of the U.S.A. Whether we give terrorists credit for the death of freedom in the US, or attribute it elsewhere, freedom is equally ill and dying, and when all is said and done it is "We the People" who are to blame.
state law

Cookeville, TN

#6685 Dec 7, 2012
Top Mod 8 wrote:
Should the state should mandate immunizations for your children? Do you feel they are safe for all children. Do they cause other health issues like autism? Should the state also pay for them as well if they are requiring them?
it is the law to get theshots for your kids

Since: Mar 12

Sparta, TN

#6686 Dec 7, 2012

This is a very good informative video. I doubt you'll agree with it. Pot smokers, I've found, are very closed-minded. They will argue in favor of its use no matter how many scientific facts are presented to them.
Geeze

Sparta, TN

#6687 Dec 8, 2012
state law wrote:
<quoted text>it is the law to get theshots for your kids
Another sheep.

No. It's not the law. Exemption forms are available from your county health dept.
Geeze

Sparta, TN

#6688 Dec 8, 2012
News flash wrote:
Remember the 2005 Danish study on thimerasol & autism? It seems the author is a tad corrupt...
10. Most. Wanted.
https://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/fugitives/profiles....
Meanwhile, the lead author of the Wakefield study has been exonerated of any wrong doing.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/healt...
Which exonerates all authors associated with the study.
Yep.
POUL THORSEN is a wanted fugitive & the researcher who authored 21 of the 24 government studies that the CDC says prove vaccines don't cause autism.

He stole over a million of the research money (U.S. tax dollars), was indicted on 22 counts of Wire Fraud & Money laundering, committed forgery, purchased a new home, a Harley, an Audi, an SUV, and fled -- yet the CDC continues to base their claim of no link on his research.

He is top on the list of the Inspector General's "Most Wanted" list.

Still think vaccines don't cause autism?
its the law

Cookeville, TN

#6689 Dec 8, 2012
Geeze wrote:
<quoted text>
Another sheep.
No. It's not the law. Exemption forms are available from your county health dept.
i totally agree it is the law
Vaccfree

Lugoff, SC

#6690 Dec 8, 2012
My 5 month old has not received any vaccinations. We go to her pediatrician regularly who supports our decision. I have an 8yr old step son with autism that seemed to develop post MMR vaccination. I think the government tells us what to do enough as it is. This should always be a choice for parents. Every time our children get vaccinated we sign a form stating we can't sue if our kids are harmed or die..... They have found mercury in shots in the past.... How do we know what's really in the vaccines. I can put a label on a bottle of alcohol and call it water... Why should we trust these money hungry drug companies?
pro vaccinations

Cookeville, TN

#6691 Dec 8, 2012
Vaccfree wrote:
My 5 month old has not received any vaccinations. We go to her pediatrician regularly who supports our decision. I have an 8yr old step son with autism that seemed to develop post MMR vaccination. I think the government tells us what to do enough as it is. This should always be a choice for parents. Every time our children get vaccinated we sign a form stating we can't sue if our kids are harmed or die..... They have found mercury in shots in the past.... How do we know what's really in the vaccines. I can put a label on a bottle of alcohol and call it water... Why should we trust these money hungry drug companies?
how are you going to enroll your kids in school with no shots ever been given? you are being selfish not getting the shots your kid is at risk and any other kid that they are around
Reilly

Knoxville, TN

#6692 Dec 8, 2012
It is law in TN. Your child can't enroll in school without proof of immunizations, been law for a while.

Also, if you don't want your child to have immunizations, you should be forced to home school. I do not want my children exposed to all those horrid diseases, because you don't believe in it, that's just stupid!

As for the lawsuit argument, we already know the people that don't want their child inoculated don't have a pot to piss in, so why should we be forced to live by the decisions of the opposition?
Danger_Close

Middletown, IL

#6694 Dec 9, 2012
you can get exemption forms from ANY health dept. our children attend school and we have NEVER vaccinated!
Nope

Saluda, SC

#6696 Dec 9, 2012
Two words 'Freedom and Liberty.' Please research the pros and cons bout vaccinations. Do y'all really think a baby strait its mother's womb need to be vaccinated against a sexual (hepatitis B) disease? Can we not wait until the babies immune system kicks in like we to with puppies.
Please educate yourself about vaccinations before deciding what you think others should do.
Did y'all know that autism was unheard of before the 70's... It's not just autism either it's autoimmune disease, neurological problems, so-called attention deficit disorder, and many many other problems.
Big Pharma pumps a lot of money into our congressmen's pockets just so they can make tons of money pushing crap that they don't even know that works.
Ask yourselves why Dr. Oz recommends vaccinations for your kids, yet refuses to give them to his own??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A tat on a womans lower back means what? 1 hr Ugh 17
wicked step mothers (Mar '11) 1 hr Thankful 271
What's GVDC gonna turn into ? 1 hr Good Samaritan 21
ray long 2 hr hellonfoot 5
Old perverted men 2 hr The Warden 31
Pope honored 2 meat Trump 3 hr little ceasar 1
FAUXNews ...... again (sigh) 4 hr little ceasar 11
Impeach Donal Trump 4 hr little ceasar 9
Outsourcing? 12 hr Allbymyself 47

Greeneville Jobs