People receiving disability and making a living on FB?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Feb 27, 2013
Our Questions

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

Judged:

Don't get me wrong, Greene County buy sell swap is a really good thing. But there is a lot of people receiving disabilty checks that are making a living on the side selling stuff. Our question is if they have all the time and energy to do this, why can't they hold a job?

Many people are talking about it, and it is a good question. Whats your thoughts?
FriendofDog

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

Judged:

I would venture to guess that at least 90% of the losers here in Greene COunty aren't no more disabled than I am.. They know how to play the system and cry "oh I have a bad back" and managed to get disability It's a shameful joke.
taxpayer

Frostproof, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

Judged:

Hell just the disability fraud in Greene county alone would balance the state budget if it was investigated.
hard worker

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

Judged:

just to let most people no. its very hard to get disability these days. most of them must have got there check started years ago. but you can draw disability and still make so much money a month.that dont mess up your check. just ask the social security office, they will tell you the same. i agree some people dont deserve it and still get it.but as i said they must have gotten it started years ago.what gets me is some young people getting a check and could work just as much as i do. its like its backward.they get disability because there nerves or back hurts or have to many kids etc. but my father had cancer and was told by the doctor he had nine months to live. this was turned in to social security office. remind you he worked hard all his life. and they turned him down. he had cancer that has no cure.and was turned down. well he died six months later didnt even make it nine months. got his first check started a week after he died. it come in the mail. needless to say he didnt need it then.but some twenty yr old can run in and get it. i dont understand that part of the system.but you can make so much without it hurting your check.just depends if they are reporting it to social security or not.
taxpayer

Frostproof, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

Judged:

It's all about using the system and abusing it. The druggies and loser white trash have figured it out.
reporter

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

It's not just on facebook but everywhere. What goes around hopefully will come back around to bite them in the rear.

just like the girls selling their WIC on there
Seriously

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2012

Judged:

You mean to tell me that if someone is on disability they can't sell THEIR things? I think it is funny how everyone that 'pays taxes' thinks they should be able to say how much goes to what? Do you even know how much of your check goes to all that? You think that $50 came out of your check just to go to people sitting on their asses? I mean, come on. B_tching about it on here is not going to make all your tax fits go away! I'm sorry, but you can't tell someone that they can't sell there stuff because you pay your taxes!!! If you got a problem with what someone is doing why not confront them. Not come on an anonymous site and rant. What good is that doing? Then again, you won't get far even if you did do something about it.
Huh

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

"It's better to keep silent and be thought a fool rather than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
Melissa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

It is their stuff they are selling. Are you saying a person on disability can not have a yard sale? Because basically, that's what they are doing. Only they do it online. Who put you in charge of judging people anyway?
another thought

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Maybe they dont make enough on disability for a decent living. I for one, am thankful I am able to work and make a decent salary but some that I work with don't. They have to work @ another source such as working on cars just to make ends meet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

163 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Congratulations Broyles you are making nationwi... 6 min dylan not thomas 30
Punish Poverty JESUS would 8 min cretin56 20
BIGGEST COUNTY needs BIGGEST JAIL funding 8 min BURNS knows 1
Child Support screwing over men!!! (Dec '10) 9 min Some Other Dude 352
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 9 min ORIGINAL WILLARD 140,672
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 11 min HPV for all 8,940
Where does Mayor Broyles live?? 12 min Allan d or jake 20
Lost respect for GPD 39 min Max 16
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 1 hr ROE lets VETRANS down VA 182
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 16 hr Sunshine 124
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE