firefighters showing respect

firefighters showing respect

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

respect

Greeneville, TN

#1 Mar 31, 2013
I understand a vol fire depts mothers passed away and i seen the dept had two of their fire tks there a show of respect at d steven tonite makes me restore my faith a little in this dept even tho myself and others had been done wrong in this dept with this being said i hope they want forget what other past members had put in that dept long hard hours put into road block house fires body recovery im proud of the time i put in this dept i would do it all over againi wish this dept well and thank you for showing respect
Alan

Johnson City, TN

#2 Apr 4, 2013
Showing respect is great but I don't think they should have drove their fire trucks to the funeral home for visitation. Its a waste of money and what if a fire occurred in their area, a long way to get back to their area when a member could get the truck from the station. Don't know what department this was but when I donate to them I don't think they should waste my money I give them driving the fire trucks around and out of the area. Going and showing respect and being present at the funeral home is good but if they are not participating in the funeral prosession then leave the trucks parked. Its my taxpayer dollars and my donation their wasting. Drive your own vehicle and don't waste donated funds. Enough said.
Neon chick

Charlotte, NC

#3 Apr 4, 2013
Alan wrote:
Showing respect is great but I don't think they should have drove their fire trucks to the funeral home for visitation. Its a waste of money and what if a fire occurred in their area, a long way to get back to their area when a member could get the truck from the station. Don't know what department this was but when I donate to them I don't think they should waste my money I give them driving the fire trucks around and out of the area. Going and showing respect and being present at the funeral home is good but if they are not participating in the funeral prosession then leave the trucks parked. Its my taxpayer dollars and my donation their wasting. Drive your own vehicle and don't waste donated funds. Enough said.
when a truck is taken out of station near by departments are on standby. This is a form of respect. Just the same as a police officer dies they take the patrol cars. Dont like how ppl that volunteer their tume and risk their lives to serve and protect your community, get over it!
just_me

Johnson City, TN

#4 Apr 4, 2013
Neon chick wrote:
<quoted text> when a truck is taken out of station near by departments are on standby. This is a form of respect. Just the same as a police officer dies they take the patrol cars. Dont like how ppl that volunteer their tume and risk their lives to serve and protect your community, get over it!
I sooo agree with you!! My son is a volunteer firefighter!!
theangryguy

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Apr 5, 2013
They show respect and on time when it comes to them and their families but, it's the hell with other people! They'd watch your house burn down before attempting to do anything! Let you know though, if my house were to burn down because they were late or just standing around, I'd make sure their's would burn down too!
Firefighter

Clover, SC

#6 Apr 5, 2013
I'm not sure what department this happened in, but as a fellow firefighter it's a great thing they took the truck to the funeral. When that happens like the above poster said the next department is on stand by. Who cares if the truck is not (in) the funeral would it make a difference? If it was in it it would be more fuel used. And it being the tax payers money... Let me touch that subject as well. We also get grants as well to pay for fuel. Even if it is your money running that truck let me ask you this. Who you think pays for our fuel to respond to your house fire? Who pays for it to respond to cut you from your car? Not the tax payers we as firefighters pay our fuel to do that and never have I stood and asked for a thank you it's my job. Just remember not everyone responding too your need weither it be your house on fire, grass on fire or to carry you out of that fire, cut you from that car or to save your life on the side of the road cause you stopped breathing, it's not always your tax money that pays for that.
Bruno

Johnson City, TN

#7 Apr 6, 2013
Firefighter wrote:
I'm not sure what department this happened in, but as a fellow firefighter it's a great thing they took the truck to the funeral. When that happens like the above poster said the next department is on stand by. Who cares if the truck is not (in) the funeral would it make a difference? If it was in it it would be more fuel used. And it being the tax payers money... Let me touch that subject as well. We also get grants as well to pay for fuel. Even if it is your money running that truck let me ask you this. Who you think pays for our fuel to respond to your house fire? Who pays for it to respond to cut you from your car? Not the tax payers we as firefighters pay our fuel to do that and never have I stood and asked for a thank you it's my job. Just remember not everyone responding too your need weither it be your house on fire, grass on fire or to carry you out of that fire, cut you from that car or to save your life on the side of the road cause you stopped breathing, it's not always your tax money that pays for that.
Didnt know that there were grants out there for fire departments to get fuel for their trucks. Also didnt know that the individual firefighters paid for fuel for the trucks. Let get real this is a crock of bull. I spoke to my volunteer chief who said he had never heard of such stuff. Departments operate off of donations and tax payer money given by the county to purchase fuel. Grants are only used to purchase equipment and not fuel.
Justin

Johnson City, TN

#8 Apr 6, 2013
I usually dont comment on these post but I have to agree with Alan and the angry guy. Using fire department vehicles for non-fire related work has its problems. Point I am making: My local department which I will not name took their trucks to the Duck Dynasty event in Greeneville. While they were there they had two fire calls in their area that other departments who were from out of the area had to cover which took considerable time for those departments to respond. As anyone knows a quick response can be the difference between life or death. If the next department on standby has to come from a greater distance this could make a difference in life or death. I think what you have to look at is a liability issue if the trucks are out of the area and someone looses their life then I most certainly agree someone will own that fire department as a result of a lawsuit.
Beulah

Asheville, NC

#9 Apr 6, 2013
If I am dead, I don't want other people to die in a house fire because the fire trucks are at my funeral. I would be feeling awfully guilty sitting up there in heaven causing other people to die.
guarantee

United States

#10 Apr 6, 2013
Bet you anything there talking about Debusk. They waste more money than they have. I mean crap you saw the car the want to be chief drives. I'm sorry but that dept is crooked bad..I would like to do a real audit after a so called road block...
and u win the prize

Greeneville, TN

#11 Apr 6, 2013
it was debusk not only one but two fire trucks
Way we do

Afton, TN

#12 Apr 6, 2013
Our Vol fire department honors our fallen and our members in our own way. If a past member dies we use our smallest truck (our pickup used for brush fires and car wrecks0 and we replace the county cop who blocks traffic at the entrance to the cemetary which is always in our coverage area. We do not go all the way to town but do show up at the church.
Roger

Johnson City, TN

#13 Apr 7, 2013
and u win the prize wrote:
it was debusk not only one but two fire trucks
I live in the Debusk area and notice they are always out driving the trucks and car around. I quit giving to this department and now have a city fire contract and an agreement with South Greene if I have a fire. Dont know who the chief is there but I dont appreciate them wasting our tax dollars either.
in debusk

Greeneville, TN

#14 Apr 7, 2013
I as well live in debusk i cant understand why most have lights on there own vic when this was out law years ago most the time you go by and the lights are on and not a sole in the dept and from what i understand not many can go into a house fire only stand by subport if you will the only hope debusk has is that the city takes it over then only the school side will be part of the city i wish someone could start a new vol fire dept for debusk any offers?
Zoomer

Albemarle, NC

#15 Apr 8, 2013
Sad i always see debusk " chief" car all over the county. In other departments area casually driving that car as his personal car. While the donations are paying for his gas. Funny thing no other department has a car like this and abuses the system like Smitty does.
the problem

Cherokee, NC

#16 Apr 8, 2013
Well that's the problem , The people in debusk community need to step up the heat and start going to meetings and demanding to see fuel bills and so forth. Trust me I am in a vfd and I can promise you we can show our community where ever cent has went for last 30 years.Debusk is blowing way to much .....
Get Rid Of The Chief

Greeneville, TN

#17 Apr 12, 2013
Chief Smith will NOT let community members sit in on HIS meetings. A former member that Chief Smith had personally removed for his own pleasure started to attend the meetings as a community member. When he asked the former member why he was there during a meeting the member answered: he was there observing the department as a community member. It took Chief Smith a couple of meeting to get his "followers" to stand up and verbally attack the former member until that person left. Then Chief Smith tells the former member months later that it was Asst. Chief Johnson that wanted him gone from the meetings. Either way Chief Smith is running the department into the ground. As far as the "Chief" car, it was bought to he used as a vehicle to transport the junior members as needed but ONLY Chief Smith and his family are allowed to drive it. It has NEVER been used as a junior car.
former fire fighter

United States

#18 Apr 12, 2013
Some of these are not worth a crap I've seen with my on eyes some of these vol fire Dept are like a dam club house not a community thing I've seen for my self people not get accepted in these depts either cause someone don't like them or heard rumors or way they dress to me that's bull shit these vol fire Dept is for the community and just cause you don't like a person or heard crap about them doesn't give the right to not accepted them there's people who really wanna do this for right reason but get turn down by the members of the dept either cause don't like them or heard stuff about them then you see them letting there buddys or friends in the dept who don't give a shit about fire fighting but just to look important if your background is clean you should have all rights to join your local vol fire Dept I really think the voting you into a dept is such bull shit this is how I think it should work the officer of the dept check background if its clean officer put you on a 90 day probation if brand new if you have fire fighter experience you get a 30 day probation but that's just me

“I'm perfectly imperfect”

Since: Mar 13

Chuckey

#19 Apr 13, 2013
I am saying this on behalf of my husband... he was a volunteer firefighter for many years.. he was recently dismissed because of hear say... he was not given the opportunity to explain his side.. while he was there he was more devoted to running calls, assisting with road blocks, suppers, etc.. he never missed a meeting... and because the chief didn't know how to make up his own mind, they kicked my husband out... I personally hope my home does not catch on fire because the members at this certain dept would probably just let it burn... I'm sorry I got off subject but the departments around here are a joke...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Attention anti Trump psychopath. 4 min The real really 32
Florida shooter 7 min The real really 56
gcsd 41 min not right 9
Did Trumpisreallytranny send the letter 47 min Voice Of Reason 46
Russian meddling a hoax 56 min bUmMeR 14
Russians 1 hr WORD 9
Trump again 1 hr Trumpisreallytranny 5

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance