Waggin Train Chicken Jerky Dog Treats

Waggin Train Chicken Jerky Dog Treats

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

CJW

Hendersonville, TN

#1 Jun 9, 2012
I heard awhile ago that these treats were killing dogs. Sadly, I thought it was just one of those little rumors going around since the treats were still on the shelves. Well I went to the store the other day to get my angels some treats & I had a very uneasy feeling about those. Anyways, when I got home I started to do my research & sure enough, there have been multiple cases of dogs getting sick & dying from these. You can read the sad reviews from people who rated the treats 1 star on amazon about their happy & healthy dogs passing away from them & read mad pet owner stories on the Waggin Train Facebook page demanding answers. Even on the Waggin Train website under the FAQ ( http://waggintrainbrand.com/faq.html ), if you continue going down the questions they get into the illnesses of dogs & other related questions. Please do not buy these for your furry family member & spread the news to others so that you can help prevent the illness or death of your loved ones.
CJW

Hendersonville, TN

#2 Jun 10, 2012
^^Just a reminder just in case most of you missed it when it was posted!!:-)

P.S
This is not spam or or one of those annoying chain letters; its the real deal!!
doggone

Spencer, NC

#3 Jun 10, 2012
Are they still on the shelves? Or has the company pulled their products?
CJW

Hendersonville, TN

#4 Jun 10, 2012
They are still on shelves! They won't pull them because they don't know exactly what it is causing the deaths/illnesses & they don't wanna blame their product. Its not pure coincidence that these precious animals are passing away after all consuming these products.:-(
doggone

Spencer, NC

#5 Jun 10, 2012
CJW wrote:
They are still on shelves! They won't pull them because they don't know exactly what it is causing the deaths/illnesses & they don't wanna blame their product. Its not pure coincidence that these precious animals are passing away after all consuming these products.:-(
I take it that local retailers stock this product? I'm appalled at no action being taken. Most people value their pets as family. My three are no different!
Kimberly

United States

#6 Jun 10, 2012
Unfortunately, there have been numerous food recalls. A lot of ingredients, if not the actual food/treat, are made in China. Melamine was to blame for a previous recall resulting in deaths. I try to avoid Chinese made products as much as I can....& it "aint easy"!

Generally, I spend a little more for Made in USA pet products & HOPE the ingredients are not Chinese. Look at all the babies who got sick &/or died from tainted formula. They have NO CONSCIENCE WITH REGARDS TO LEAD OR OTHER POISONS IN THEIR PRODUCTS FOR CONSUMPTION OR GENERAL USE!!!

I would feel horrible if I gave my pet something laced with harmful ingredients. Sometimes companies will reimburse for vet bills to keep publicity down so you might not ever hear about a problem until it's too late. Buyer beware!:(
ACa

Hendersonville, TN

#7 Jun 10, 2012
http://chickenjerky.org/ theres other countless cases and stories with nothing but negative feedback on these treats. google it
CJW

Hendersonville, TN

#8 Jun 10, 2012
Not only Costco but I have recently seen these products at the dollar stores, kmart & walmart. I am guilty of purchasing these treats at one point; my dogs love them! But its not worth sacrificing my angels lives for it. I would be devastated and torn if for any reason one of my 4 loves passed away & especially if it was something I did to cause it!
Downtowner

Brentwood, TN

#9 Jun 10, 2012
Can't decide if this is true or false. My dogs LOVE those treats and you can't buy anything made in the USA to replace. So what do you do --- ignore the mass hysteria warnings or believe the postings ? FIND ME SOMETHING TO REPLACE THEM AND I'LL STOP BUYING !!!
CJW

Hendersonville, TN

#10 Jun 10, 2012
Three Dog Bakery brand at Walmart is what I've been getting :-) http://www.threedog.com/dog-bakeries/default.... They make treats that look like oreos & my angels LOVE them!:-))
CJW

Hendersonville, TN

#11 Jun 10, 2012
I found out recently that it is very easy to make your own dog treats! Jarred baby food & oatmeal! You can google how :-)( or what I like to use instead is goodsearch.com ...every time you use, they donate a penny to the charity of your choice)
Awesome O

Kingsport, TN

#12 Jun 10, 2012
Downtowner wrote:
Can't decide if this is true or false. My dogs LOVE those treats and you can't buy anything made in the USA to replace. So what do you do --- ignore the mass hysteria warnings or believe the postings ? FIND ME SOMETHING TO REPLACE THEM AND I'LL STOP BUYING !!!
My dog absolutely loves them also, but my dad saw on one the news about them being bad and killing dogs. my dad wouldnt lie cause he always bought them for our dog.
Doggie

Fort Campbell, TN

#13 Jun 12, 2012
I bought these as well when I first saw them. My dogs got terribly sick from one serving each and I tossed them. Do not feed these to your babies!!!
revright

United States

#14 Jun 13, 2012
Doggie wrote:
I bought these as well when I first saw them. My dogs got terribly sick from one serving each and I tossed them. Do not feed these to your babies!!!
Awful and sad about your dogs..My granpa ate spinach the day he died and I haven't ate it since!! Come on already...Iv'e fed my 3 dogs these treats for 11 years now with no ill effects except for the begging! Same ol same ol ignorance of irradiated products to kill all bacteria and extend the storage time. If we would accept irradiation in this country---a lot of unneccsary food borne illnesses would b avoided....please don't look at comments about products from China, anyone can post to knock the product...Check out irradiation of food and its dangers. Chicken, Duck, Beef Jerky from China is fine....Just how long do you think these things would b on the market if they caused sickness in dogs??? We care more about our pets than each other in the USA>>...
Gary-Calabasas-C A

Canyon Country, CA

#15 Sep 29, 2012
I am a biologist, teacher, R/D scientist, also a dog owner all my life. I am 65 and have bought chicken treat product twice during the last few years.
I stopped giving my dog the chicken strips about 2 years ago after my dog suffered a few nights in the emergency clinic, bleeding heavily from the bowels, throwing up and nearly dying from dehydration.~2000 dollars later, she recovered.
I wasn't sure at the time what caused the problem since a couple different people walk them and the dogs love to gobble snacks from the grass and bushes. Occasionally the landscapers/workers, would throw lunch snacks into the bushes and the dogs, inevitably will sniff them out and gobble before I can pull them away.
Without too much thought about the subject I set aside the strips. Recently, I had an epiphany. The strips are too dehydrated, hard and brittle. They are too much like bones. What do dogs do when they eat bone? They coat the fragments with excess mucus and sometimes bleed them out with diarrhea. If you feed the strips consistently 2 or more times per day, everyday, the dog can have a chronic problem. Just recently I experimented with rehydrating the strips overnight in fridge soaked in water. So far, absolutely no reaction from the dogs. Normal bowels. I am encouraged enough to alert you and the bloggers that this technique could solve the mysterious affliction. Some dogs are just more sensitive to bone like material.
You all, especially government/manufacturer, spent a lot of money trying to resolve this. I hope it is as simple a solution as it appears. Do I get a whistle-blower reward? gary
Include lot # K1CA5156A & UPC # 8 0702077748 2 to alert others

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vols are back (Feb '15) 17 min Vols man 53
Topix Needs a Mute Feature 2 hr Okk 2
FAUXNews at it AGAIN! 4 hr Trumpisreallytranny 18
Stock market rages on! 5 hr Trumpisreallytranny 21
Aj Taylor from Oldcastle 5 hr Tommies stalker 5
Richard Spencer is a hero 5 hr Little Ceasar 3
Wherefore Art Thou, Spunkonmytummy? 5 hr Little Ceasar 30
Body found 17 hr MaxFax ThunderGnome 33

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web