First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sad

Cleveland, OH

#21 Oct 26, 2012
Its just sad for theses kids to go to practice and give all they got and in their heart they know they are better or just as good as the kids starting. You learn politics at a young age. The cut throat way and suck up to anyone who can help you move ahead in the world. Wow this is what the school system is teachimg. They wonder why kids are obese they are looking down on themselves because they feel like they are not good enough. I don't understand the school is teaching our children to be manipulative and caniving but we can't do prayer in school lol. Now it all makes since.
uhhuh

Rathdrum, ID

#22 Oct 26, 2012
What all these people say is true at chuckey-doak its who you know and who you blow! It has nothin to do with talent. I wish it would change it was like that when I went to school I believe its worse now!
softball mom

Rathdrum, ID

#23 Oct 26, 2012
wow wrote:
how many people know the truth? the baseball and basketball coach is a good guy, but he he is presurred by those around. the princepal is a doak parent, the secretary a doak parent, the assitant coach from last year a doak parent and son played. assit, baseball coach doak parent, coach at highschool sister to assit coach. girls basketball not related to anyone. girls volleyball chuckey parent daughter played. girls softball no kids. this year cheer coaches dont know the,assit coach chuckey parent no kids on team. that being said, does who you know or who you are make a difference, of corse. will it change, no. does everyone play that way, no. will kids be treated fairly..no! does anyone want it changed only those who believe they are being treated unfairly. some care but cant change it cause they wont stand up. they did change the rule this year if your child is a player then you cant coach. unless a you are a teacher. or so i hear we will see.
yes a parent was the assistant coach in softball mother and daughter just wanted to let you know
just sayin

Church Hill, VA

#24 Oct 26, 2012
Well as far as I can tell all the coaches need help.
The only one that even has a clue is the girls BB coach......Volleyball softball and baseball don't have a clue. Sure they try but????? all the consern now seems to be on making up for not playing 8th graders in boys BB last year.......
softball mom

Asheboro, NC

#25 Oct 26, 2012
Good they should be ashamed if the boys wasn't good enough cut them they don't wanna cut many but me personally I would rather them cut them then ride the bench all year which isn't much different
Really

Jonesborough, TN

#26 Oct 26, 2012
We scrimmaged the boys. I bet you that Coach A doesn't back down and plays 7th graders as starters this year with some 8th graders. Same as last year, but they are good. I liked being on the court with them last year. We were better.

And those talking about the volleyball and softball last year, that girl is an awesome athlete at everything.
URDUMB

Jonesborough, TN

#27 Oct 26, 2012
just sayin wrote:
Well as far as I can tell all the coaches need help.
The only one that even has a clue is the girls BB coach......Volleyball softball and baseball don't have a clue. Sure they try but????? all the consern now seems to be on making up for not playing 8th graders in boys BB last year.......
Baseball coach don't know what he's doing? He won 3 county championships in 4 years. We all wanted him to move to the high school with us and want him helping us this year since the coach left, but the middle school couldn't find anyone to take over.

If you think he is concerned with making up for Boys Basketball last year, you are wrong. We all knew whoever performed got the start. He benches people who ain't performing.
cdms

United States

#28 Oct 26, 2012
Your coach is only as good as your players. The players win ballgames. I don't think noone is putting down the coaches what they are trying to say is the coaches need to hold their own and be strong and under no circumstance let any parent influence their decisions as a coach. I know its hard to do I coached some myself and I know 1st hand everyone can't be satisfied. Someone will always feel like something is unfair but unfair does not mean that it is always wrong its just the way it has to be sometimes.
Impressed

Jonesborough, TN

#29 Oct 28, 2012
I watched all the teams this weekend. I was impressed. The girls were awesome. The guys coach has done a great job with his boys. I was also impressed by him. He has a heart of gold with the move he did with the one kid, getting him in the game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raising our children to be racist 27 min Yancey 7
A basketball legend and a wonderful person 2 hr Sad day 1
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 4 hr BellaRosaLinda 9,749
LED lights 4 hr BellaRosaLinda 6
ISIS & Muslim countries 4 hr BellaRosaLinda 10
who got shot on fish pond rd tonight 4 hr Really 33
Ques about Ron Chesnut Attorney 4 hr Karma 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages