laws about tire tread?
hmmm

Greeneville, TN

#1 Jan 17, 2013
Does anyone know if there are laws here about needing to have a certain amount of tread left on your tires to be safe to drive? Having bald tires seems to be common around here and this poses a risk to those on the road, if someone is sliding around because of bald tires, especially during rain or snow.(I know other areas/states have safely laws for this...)
SnowedN

United States

#2 Jan 17, 2013
No?
Impala

United States

#3 Jan 17, 2013
Sounds like your trying to start trouble.
Sherpa Guide

Graysville, TN

#4 Jan 17, 2013
hmmm wrote:
Does anyone know if there are laws here about needing to have a certain amount of tread left on your tires to be safe to drive? Having bald tires seems to be common around here and this poses a risk to those on the road, if someone is sliding around because of bald tires, especially during rain or snow.(I know other areas/states have safely laws for this...)
Sure saw evidence of baldness today. Downtown was a circus. Reeves Alley came in handy for me. As for law, my guess is that bald tires could be used as courtroom evidence against another driver as the cause of a wreck.
scrounger

Greeneville, TN

#5 Jan 17, 2013
No vehicle inspection= no tire tread regulations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy memorial day! 5 min Agree 20
Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe Fired 29 min Voice of Reason 717
Imate commesary money deposits 31 min must have changed 4
OldCastle Glass (aka Vistawall) (Sep '10) 1 hr SMARTA- - 20
Walmart DC 1 hr SMARTA- - 6
Ems 3 hr GnarBaby 8
Sheriff election 4 hr Ralf 23

Greeneville Jobs

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages