Mosheim School pickup is a joke
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
block head

Charlotte, NC

#47 Aug 15, 2013
kayla wrote:
<quoted text>So I heard this shit was on here and let me tell you something, my kids are dropped off by my husband on his way to work and picked up by me when I get off work. I am one of the parents that were chatting last year out front and if you knew half of what you were talking about you would have noticed I was in uniform everyday. To the rest of you morons that have a problem with people conversing and getting along, grow up and find a real reason to complain.
A wise man once told me if you argue with an idiot they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
kayla

Marion, NC

#48 Aug 15, 2013
Is that all you have to say? Stop talking trash about the parents who go the extra mile for their kids. Just because you let everyone else run after your children because you won't does not mean that the rest of us are lazy slobs and the fact that you won't get your ass off the couch makes you a non-factor in this discussion anyway.
wow

Greeneville, TN

#49 Aug 15, 2013
I thought this post was about the pick up line; not a contest to win laziest parent. Or the one with too much time on your hands. Maybe you posted your rant while waiting in line? I attended mosheim school. My oldest went there for 8 years, and my youngest is still there. I have experienced the pick up line for several years now. I know for a fact that they are working on this issue. I am in the school and see it for myself. Daily, things are being done to improve this. It has now officially been one week since this was implemented. It takes time to get it running smoothly. It is however, remarkably safer than the old procedure. Parents drove up and down the hill in the front at alarming speeds, not even looking for kids that may be outside. Has anyone stopped to think that maybe it's not the line, or the parents, or the administration that is making this process harder/longer? Have you considered the fact that there are over 500 students, little kids, that are sitting in the activity center waiting to be picked up? And all those kids are talking to their friends while their name and car number have been called, loudly into a microphone, not once, but maybe three or four times before your child pays attention to the fact that their ride is waiting? That is the hold up. Or maybe it wouldn't seem like such a long wait if you didn't pull into the pickup line at 1pm when dismissal is at 245.
block head

Mosheim, TN

#50 Aug 15, 2013
wow wrote:
I thought this post was about the pick up line; not a contest to win laziest parent. Or the one with too much time on your hands. Maybe you posted your rant while waiting in line? I attended mosheim school. My oldest went there for 8 years, and my youngest is still there. I have experienced the pick up line for several years now. I know for a fact that they are working on this issue. I am in the school and see it for myself. Daily, things are being done to improve this. It has now officially been one week since this was implemented. It takes time to get it running smoothly. It is however, remarkably safer than the old procedure. Parents drove up and down the hill in the front at alarming speeds, not even looking for kids that may be outside. Has anyone stopped to think that maybe it's not the line, or the parents, or the administration that is making this process harder/longer? Have you considered the fact that there are over 500 students, little kids, that are sitting in the activity center waiting to be picked up? And all those kids are talking to their friends while their name and car number have been called, loudly into a microphone, not once, but maybe three or four times before your child pays attention to the fact that their ride is waiting? That is the hold up. Or maybe it wouldn't seem like such a long wait if you didn't pull into the pickup line at 1pm when dismissal is at 245.
Amen!
think about this

Greeneville, TN

#51 Aug 15, 2013
We all see the people complaining about this and see the long lines on the outside. You don't see what goes on inside. I know someone that works there and this is how I understood it works. Pickup students are dismissed at 230 from class. Any one that has ever been in mosheim knows you can get to the activity center from any elementary classroom in about one minute. Your child has 14 minutes to get to the activity center and sit on their assigned number that matches their pickup tag and backpack number. yes there are assigned seats to ensure every child is where they are supposed to be. Numbers are collected from the first several cars in line up until 245 when the bell rings and gates are opened. Several teachers are outside collecting numbers. These numbers are announced along with your Childs name, loudly so they can hear if they are where they should be. when your child hears their name and number they walk out the door and to your car in about one minute. several teachers are helping kids get to the door when their name is called. So here is what I have gathered from this information. One, give it time. It's been one week. Two, if you are going to be one of the lucky first several cars in line each day, tell your child this. They practice this procedure during the day, so they know what to do. Tell your child to get to the activity center, sit their butt on their number and don't move. Pay attention and listen for your number because you will be called shortly after the bell rings. if you are one of the first several cars and you are still waiting 10 to 15 minutes for your child to.com e out the door after you have told them to listen and follow directions, then you need to ask yourself why it's easier for you to blame licenced administration for the problem instead of your 9 year old.
kayla

Marion, NC

#52 Aug 16, 2013
Are you seriously going to blame the kids? You mean it didn't occur to the licensed administration that they were dealing with small children? That they were going to possibly be loud and moving around? Ok.
think about this

United States

#53 Aug 16, 2013
Yes, I understand that there are they are dealing with hundreds of small kids and trying to keep them quiet and paying attention so that they hear their number called. But the reality of it is, if you can't teach you child to listen and follow proper procedures, do what they have been told to do to make this process move smoother, then you deserve to sit in that line. Doesn't help that your child hears you bad mouthing the teachers/staff that are trying to help the second you pull off with your child in the car. Why would they listen to and respect staff if you don't? What if your child is the one that gets up after their name is called, and they ignore their number when called and finally get up to go outside, but stop and talk to 20 friends on the way out, meanwhile you've been sitting and waiting blaming the teachers. It'd be nice, but unfortunately, there isn't a teacher to fo not nllow around each individual child to make sure that they are following rules, especially after you as a, parent have asked the to. No, I'm not blaming the kids. But if the same kids are holding up the line and the same parents are complaining then there is a problem. What do you think is happening? The staff is holding your kids hostage to make this harder? I assure you they are not and want to go home as well. The fact of the matter is that it is what it is. Your child goes to the largest school in Greene county. You will never be able to pick your child up and be out of there in 5 minutes. If they went back to the old way, there are still the same amount of kids and same amount of cars during pickup. The hill in the front is the same distance as the road in the back. There will always be a wait. They only difference is that you can no longer park and walk to get your child. That wasn't safe to begin with. Anyone could grab your.child off that sidewalk. So until your kids listen and pay attention if you have discussed this with them....then how is it anymore the teachers problem than the students or parents? Because God forbid you teach your kid to listen. That's the teachers job, not yours.
derrick

Greeneville, TN

#54 Aug 16, 2013
to me this is as crazy as food pick up at mcdonalds in bulls gap, what a joke
kayla

Marion, NC

#55 Aug 16, 2013
think about this wrote:
Yes, I understand that there are they are dealing with hundreds of small kids and trying to keep them quiet and paying attention so that they hear their number called. But the reality of it is, if you can't teach you child to listen and follow proper procedures, do what they have been told to do to make this process move smoother, then you deserve to sit in that line. Doesn't help that your child hears you bad mouthing the teachers/staff that are trying to help the second you pull off with your child in the car. Why would they listen to and respect staff if you don't? What if your child is the one that gets up after their name is called, and they ignore their number when called and finally get up to go outside, but stop and talk to 20 friends on the way out, meanwhile you've been sitting and waiting blaming the teachers. It'd be nice, but unfortunately, there isn't a teacher to fo not nllow around each individual child to make sure that they are following rules, especially after you as a, parent have asked the to. No, I'm not blaming the kids. But if the same kids are holding up the line and the same parents are complaining then there is a problem. What do you think is happening? The staff is holding your kids hostage to make this harder? I assure you they are not and want to go home as well. The fact of the matter is that it is what it is. Your child goes to the largest school in Greene county. You will never be able to pick your child up and be out of there in 5 minutes. If they went back to the old way, there are still the same amount of kids and same amount of cars during pickup. The hill in the front is the same distance as the road in the back. There will always be a wait. They only difference is that you can no longer park and walk to get your child. That wasn't safe to begin with. Anyone could grab your.child off that sidewalk. So until your kids listen and pay attention if you have discussed this with them....then how is it anymore the teachers problem than the students or parents? Because God forbid you teach your kid to listen. That's the teachers job, not yours.

Who exactly do you think you are? Do you have children? By the way you are talking and thinking that you can tell kids at these ages to sit down and shut up and them actually listen, I don't think you do! Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket or any other kind of reprimand? If you have and you being a grown adult can't follow instructions, how do you expect 300+ small children that are stuffed into one area to? How do you know that I say anything bad about anybody at that school to my kids? You don't! I have never disrespected anyone there. You can be a licensed administration, physician, driver, cosmologists or so on but that doesn't mean you are the best at what you do. Ever had your hair messed up by someone "licensed" to cut hair, ever been hit by a "licensed" driver?..... see my point? You need to step off with your assumptions on how everyone raises their kids as well unless you want to do a home visit with a different family each day.
think about it

Greeneville, TN

#57 Aug 16, 2013
kayla wrote:
<quoted text>
Who exactly do you think you are? Do you have children? By the way you are talking and thinking that you can tell kids at these ages to sit down and shut up and them actually listen, I don't think you do! Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket or any other kind of reprimand? If you have and you being a grown adult can't follow instructions, how do you expect 300+ small children that are stuffed into one area to? How do you know that I say anything bad about anybody at that school to my kids? You don't! I have never disrespected anyone there. You can be a licensed administration, physician, driver, cosmologists or so on but that doesn't mean you are the best at what you do. Ever had your hair messed up by someone "licensed" to cut hair, ever been hit by a "licensed" driver?..... see my point? You need to step off with your assumptions on how everyone raises their kids as well unless you want to do a home visit with a different family each day.
ok. so I don't know you or your children and my comments weren't directed towards you specifically. I do have kids. one that finished 8 years at mosheim and 2 more that are currently attending. So who do you think you are? Are you really listening to what you are saying? That it cannot be expected for kids these days to listen and follow direction? Why the hell not? Is it too much to ask that parents teach their kids to listen, pay attention, and follow the correct procedures that are given to them by the teachers and parents? That is the problem now days. Kids are out of control and parents blame the teachers. Parents don't expect their child to listen to the teacher, and they are fine with that? there are a few issues to be worked through. the teachers and staff are doing the best they can, but its not quick enough or correct in the eyes of the parent. the best thing for parents to do is to talk to their child about the pickup procedure. Tell them that if they follow directions and sit in assigned seat, they will be able to hear their name and get out the door to go home much quicker than if they are running around, not paying attention. Again, i know first hand that it is hard to control a large group of kids. But again, there isn't a teacher to follow every kid around and make sure they do what is asked of them. So that is where the parent should step and and expect their child to be reponsible enough to be able to walk in, sit down, and listen. If you do not expect your child to be able to do this, then that is the problem. i know some of the kids are very young, as young as 5,but unless you expect and instill in your child at this age that they need to listen to their teacher and follow directions at that young age then I can only pray for you as they get older. I'm not targeting you or your children directly. what i am saying is that if they cannot follow these procedures, then the line will never get better. they take breaks and actually practice this during the day. so the kid is too busy talking to their friend. they get out of their seat and run over to another friend. they have not been taught to memorize a 3 digit number or read the number on their backpack. their name has been called 4 times through a pa system. they aren't listening or want to finish their conversation before they head to their car. meanwhile their parent has been sitting at the front of the line for 15 minutes holding it up. and in turn, that parent blames the school for this? yea, let's keep making excuses and never blaming our children for not listening.
Seriously

Greeneville, TN

#58 Aug 16, 2013
I get to the school everyday at the same time and see the same cars holding up the line. It's not the teachers responsibility to memorize your child's number. It's theirs. Teach your child some responsibility in knowing their number. When they have to call your childs number 4-5 times- thats a problem! The same people that are on here complaining are probably the ones that have a child not listening. I would have to say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Myself, I've never had a problem picking up my child.
Mad

Greeneville, TN

#59 Aug 17, 2013
I was able to park and pick up my child in less than 5 mins for the last few years without a problem then they change it to this crap there was nothing wrong with us parents parking and walking up to get our kids. It is simply that the principal and half the staff have no clue what they are doing but they think they are so smart. It's just plan reduciales that this school has gone so far down hill.
ok so...

Troy, NC

#60 Aug 17, 2013
Mad wrote:
I was able to park and pick up my child in less than 5 mins for the last few years without a problem then they change it to this crap there was nothing wrong with us parents parking and walking up to get our kids. It is simply that the principal and half the staff have no clue what they are doing but they think they are so smart. It's just plan reduciales that this school has gone so far down hill.
You are obviously clueless and uneducated! Have the watched the news over the years?? 1.) carpool was about 10 years late at Mosheim. B.) how easy could a gunman walk up and start shooting the hundreds of children walking out of the school for parent pickup??? As a parent, this makes me feel so much better. That mess was an accident waiting to happen. I mean... Did you see the amount of parents crowing the children as they were walking out the door?? Its for the SAFETY OF OUR BABIES!! And that is what's most important. I praise the administration for making this much needed change.

Get over yourself! The safety of your child/our children is most important!
block head

Greeneville, TN

#61 Feb 13, 2014
ok

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Afton Woman Charged With 1st-Degree Murder (Mar '17) 24 min Max Planck 5
Gosh darn stink bugs!!! (Sep '13) 44 min Max Planck 34
Max Planck For Sheriff 54 min Max Planck 270
Who is Denise Combs? (Sep '15) 58 min Luther Jenkins 5
is Scott Ricker single 1 hr Stanley Donkey Co... 7
Staff Pro 1 hr Open 8
Lower Back Tattoos on Women 1 hr Imma Fended 19
Nolachuckey Teacher Fired? Fri Genius 59

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web