Parent

Johnson City, TN

#2 Apr 9, 2011
You have got to be kidding!
NeuroStar

Knoxville, TN

#5 Apr 9, 2011
terrance wrote:
<quoted text>I feel you have stepped on some already sore toes with this one,but nonetheless i will agree with you.Knowing the persistance of the JV cult members,the pikevilleians were probably enraged,and reacted without thought or remorse.REpost this article on the pikeville ky. fourm and see what kind of feedback you get.The families are most likely still there.
Exactly. I was intimately familiar with the case, and I have expended scores of hours studying the facts and the underlying etiology of these horrific crimes. Vidar Lillelid, not through any malice, but through extraordinary negligence, fostered through sectarian brainwashing and its "missionary" objectives, allowed his naivete to effectively subjugate that vigilance that all responsible parents must maintain. This is the truth of the matter. And I don't attempt to detract in any way the monsterous acts of the vermin whom Vidar opted to witness to. Take care of your children. Don't allow your religous convictions to rise above their well-being. Don't expect God to protect them. It's the responsibility of the parents.
Doubtful

Knoxville, TN

#7 Apr 9, 2011
Those teenagers were just plain mean and evil!!

Unless you were standing side by side and heard every word at the rest area when this happended, stop assuming he just out of the blue started witnessing to these people. I heard the teens are the ones who provoked them.

I hope those killers rot in HE!!
RIP

Paducah, KY

#8 Apr 9, 2011
It doesn't matter who provked who. The teens decided to pull out the gun and shoot them. All of the teens were old enough to know right from wrong. They could of called law enforcement instead of shooting them if they felt harressed. I'm assuming they knew how to use a phone.
Natasha Cornett, Edward Mullins, Joseph Risner, Crystal Sturgill, Jason Bryant, and Karen Howell. I hope you all will be in prison for the rest of your life. I'm glad your party was busted.
online predator

AOL

#10 Apr 9, 2011
I wish they had all been put to death. Those sorry little b@stards.

Having said that, "IF" Vidar Lillelid would have minded his own business it wouldn't have happened. I'm not saying it's his fault, but they wouldn't have known how weak of a person he was if he had just kept to himself. he made himself & his family look like easy prey.

Those little sum b!tches from Kentucky still should be fried in the electric chair. the funny thing is those ignorant b@astards in Kentucky think those kids got railroaded.
NobodyYouKnow

Fort Campbell, TN

#11 Apr 9, 2011
online predator wrote:
I wish they had all been put to death. Those sorry little b@stards......Those little sum b!tches from Kentucky still should be fried in the electric chair. the funny thing is those ignorant b@astards in Kentucky think those kids got railroaded.
Nothing but a bunch of backwoods, ignorant, toothless, inbred hillbillies is all...at least in that part of Kentucky anyways.
Doubtful

Knoxville, TN

#12 Apr 9, 2011
I am sorry, I don't think the family stopped to "preach to others" at the rest area. Those sick teens seen them and made a choice.

After shooting the parents, to walk up and shoot the sister point blank in the head is so wrong.(wasn't the number like 17 shots??)

So don't go placing blame on the father
dfwm

Gallatin, TN

#13 Apr 9, 2011
Doubtful wrote:
I am sorry, I don't think the family stopped to "preach to others" at the rest area. Those sick teens seen them and made a choice.
After shooting the parents, to walk up and shoot the sister point blank in the head is so wrong.(wasn't the number like 17 shots??)
So don't go placing blame on the father
Don't be so doubtful because I was baptised as a jehovahs witness n yes they do just go up to random people n startt witnessing to them!! They stopped there to use the bathroom n seen these kids n started preaching to them..my friend was really close to that family and I remember that day like it was yesterday..I seen that family at the convention the day that it happened!! I do believe that the father went to go preach to them to show them the "truth" of jehovahs witnesses...but that is nnnooo excuse for those people to drag them off somewhere n kill them!!
Only The Lonely

Fort Campbell, TN

#14 Apr 10, 2011
I remember something being said about the heathens having car trouble and deciding that the Lillilid van would be a much more comfortable ride. They instigated the whole thing. No doubt Vidar would try to talk to them if they presented a threat to his family, but he is not to blame. Ignorance and evil is to blame.
omg

Murfreesboro, TN

#15 Apr 11, 2011
Doubtful wrote:
Those teenagers were just plain mean and evil!!
Unless you were standing side by side and heard every word at the rest area when this happended, stop assuming he just out of the blue started witnessing to these people. I heard the teens are the ones who provoked them.
I hope those killers rot in HE!!
i totally agree! know one knows what was really said that day or how much witnessing was going on. i don't think that vidar should be blamed. those kids were going to do harm to someone that day it just so happen that vidar was an easy target for them. they were very troubled kids. they would have got a ride that day one way or another
My2Cents

Powell, TN

#16 Apr 11, 2011
14 years later - and this seems relevant? Regardless of the conversation, no comment is punishable by death. And to not only kill the father, but the family as well is terrible. The kids who did it will spend the rest of their lives paying for that decision and the families of the Lillelid's and the murderes have to live with the pain and stigma for the rest of their lives. Bringing it up 14 years later isn't helping anyone to rest in peace.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#17 Apr 11, 2011
"Kid".... Were you there to hear the "witnessing"?? Does it really matter how this whole thing played out? I was working in the ER the night that this went down, and I SAW the violence of what happend first hand- I comforted baby Peter and saw every detail of what had been done to him and his family. No matter who said what or how it began- what those EVIL bastards did to this family is deplorable!
Justice for Tasha

Warren, MI

#18 Oct 12, 2011
RIP wrote:
It doesn't matter who provked who. The teens decided to pull out the gun and shoot them. All of the teens were old enough to know right from wrong. They could of called law enforcement instead of shooting them if they felt harressed. I'm assuming they knew how to use a phone.
Natasha Cornett, Edward Mullins, Joseph Risner, Crystal Sturgill, Jason Bryant, and Karen Howell. I hope you all will be in prison for the rest of your life. I'm glad your party was busted.
You people are all twisted! None of you want to listen to what really happened. Stop talking about people that you know nothing about.
AwesomeO

Murfreesboro, TN

#19 Oct 12, 2011
Justice for Tasha wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are all twisted! None of you want to listen to what really happened. Stop talking about people that you know nothing about.
Shes a murder and hope she spends the rest of her life in a cage like she deserves!
NobodyYouKnow

Franklin, TN

#20 Oct 13, 2011
Justice for Tasha wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a murderer. Her and the other 5 got off easy. In my opinion they should all be thrown in a cage with ravenous dogs and devoured alive.
Baltimore MD

Baltimore, MD

#21 Jan 4, 2012
You're blaming the victim in what reads like a thinly disguised diatribe against Christianity. Your reasoning that "The father should have known better and put protecting his family first" is faulty. What else should he, and the rest of us for that matter, know that would prevent us from jeopardizing the lives of our families?

Should we never talk to strangers at rest areas? Should we should never at rest areas or drive on interstate highways either? Maybe we should we stay inside our homes with the doors locked and avoid contact with strangers altogether?

If the scenario was reversed and a group of 5 religious fanatics had shot and killed four teenagers because they were "outraged" at being approached by goths at a rest area I doubt you'd blame the oldest goth for not putting his group's protection first.
Anonymous

Lexington, KY

#22 Jan 5, 2012
My friend used to date the ring leader, Natasha Cornett. I have sat across the table from her a year or two before this all happened, she was strange and messed up. I only lived in that town for a few years and yes there are backwards hillbillies, but not everyone there is ignorant and backwards. Stuff like this happens everywhere. Wake up, it is still legal to marry your cousin in TN, but not in KY, but that doesn't make me think the good people of TN are all backward hillbillies. Murder is wrong no matter where you are from and there are messed up people everywhere.
my two cents

Nashville, TN

#24 Jan 5, 2012
terrance wrote:
<quoted text>I feel you have stepped on some already sore toes with this one,but nonetheless i will agree with you.Knowing the persistance of the JV cult members,the pikevilleians were probably enraged,and reacted without thought or remorse.REpost this article on the pikeville ky. fourm and see what kind of feedback you get.The families are most likely still there.
You sound like an idiot.
my two cents

Nashville, TN

#25 Jan 5, 2012
NeuroStar wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly. I was intimately familiar with the case, and I have expended scores of hours studying the facts and the underlying etiology of these horrific crimes. Vidar Lillelid, not through any malice, but through extraordinary negligence, fostered through sectarian brainwashing and its "missionary" objectives, allowed his naivete to effectively subjugate that vigilance that all responsible parents must maintain. This is the truth of the matter. And I don't attempt to detract in any way the monsterous acts of the vermin whom Vidar opted to witness to. Take care of your children. Don't allow your religous convictions to rise above their well-being. Don't expect God to protect them. It's the responsibility of the parents.
You sound like an idiot.
Lemonlime

Nashville, TN

#26 Jan 30, 2012
How ignorant
NeuroStar wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly. I was intimately familiar with the case, and I have expended scores of hours studying the facts and the underlying etiology of these horrific crimes. Vidar Lillelid, not through any malice, but through extraordinary negligence, fostered through sectarian brainwashing and its "missionary" objectives, allowed his naivete to effectively subjugate that vigilance that all responsible parents must maintain. This is the truth of the matter. And I don't attempt to detract in any way the monsterous acts of the vermin whom Vidar opted to witness to. Take care of your children. Don't allow your religous convictions to rise above their well-being. Don't expect God to protect them. It's the responsibility of the parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 10 min Irving 149,386
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 12 min BeastOfBurden 4,058
Greene County Commissioners Are So Embarrassing 52 min dingleberry 21
Dustin Watford 1 hr Curious1234 1
Benghazi is getting old ISIL is the enemy now R... 1 hr formally known as... 6
Linda Kirk + furniture... 1 hr haha 13
GVDC is it cost effective or wasteful Governmen... 1 hr Dr Wu 22
greeneville goodwill bed bug central 1 hr Dr Wu 21
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••