Yep

Clyde, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

And up north they are more prepared for snow. Yes we panic because we don't get a lot of it and I personally don't like to get out in it!!
Laser Lot

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

What a bunch of ignorant babies you lot are.
whoever

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

bring parkins back wrote:
<quoted text>
love Greene Co...wouldn't be sad if certain people and leaders left. Andno, the roads were not fine until 635. if you believe that all that ice/snow magically appeared in 15 minutes, you are sadly one of the brainwashed many..think for yourselves instead of following the ridiculous lies of supposid leeaders
I was on the roads at this time & YES....they were fine!!!!
Yep

Clyde, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

whoever wrote:
<quoted text>
assuming you drove completely every road in the county! Thank you I'm glad you took the liberty of solving our issues. Have a great day. Oh and let me know next time it snows what the roads look like.
TOm

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

a big county wrote:
<quoted text>
Greene County is a very big county. When I left for work around 5:30 it was snowing. I kept thinking I would hear schools were closed. Kirk is an idiot. My mother who works had to rush back home so my kid who is in grade school would not be alone.
It was wet due to the snow was below 32degrees,, maybe you didnt pay attention in SCHOOL water freezes below 32,, dont matter if you cant See it... CALLED BLACK ice,, can be just in spots but if you hit it at certain speed you in a ditch!!!!.the bigger the vehicle say a BUS.. slides on it much faster than a car..
TOm

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
love Greene Co...wouldn't be sad if certain people and leaders left. Andno, the roads were not fine until 635. if you believe that all that ice/snow magically appeared in 15 minutes, you are sadly one of the brainwashed many..think for yourselves instead of following the ridiculous lies of supposid leeaders
first off the COUNTY is Corrupt. from POLICE to other leaders... and you dont tell a citizen if you dont like it get out.. you the idiot!! you try get people in leadership who is NOT corrupt and want to fix it, and make the commuity, town. or city better. for the rest of US.. they are more of US than THEM.. we have a SAY in our CITY!!! I damn sure pay enought taxes.. to have a SAY!!!!
the tax payers

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Spouse Of Teacher wrote:
I am married to a county teacher that was on the road headed to school at 6:45am, seriously you folks act like this was a blizzard, we had a couple inches! Live up north....school does'nt get called out, buses run....life does'nt stop because of a few inches of snow. As far as Dr. Kirk needing to give up her position and only caring for the money....you all are idiots! She has the support & great respect from teachers & staff. Yes I agree there needs to be some changes on the "board", first you need to have had public teaching experience....not medical field....but quality time in a classroom TEACHING. You also need to KNOW that teachers who teach K- 8 make the same amount of pay that High School teachers...based on your education, your career ladder, time teaching...your qualifications make a difference. Just like there should be qualifications to be on the school board. Just remember before you speak out about someone or something that you need to have all your facts straight. There are people who read your nonsense on here and think to themselves, GROW UP & STOP YOUR WHINNING!
I use to support our teachers 100% but I don't feel that way anymore. I can surely understand why you just Love Kirk and any of the other board members who keep climbing into the tax payer's pocket to give you all more money. Dr. Kirk was right to want to have a conversation of the expensive bonuses you get and where the money would come from to pay for these expensive bonuses. I will give her credit for that but somehow you all are trying miserably to make one or two of the board members out to be the bad guy because they are questioning how they will be paid for as well. That makes no sense. Perhaps why some of the teachers are so mad about this is that Kirk brought this to the attention of the public and it just want go away now. I know I had no idea what kind of benefits you teachers get and if the economic picture were as bright as it once was I might not even care but not during these hard hard times. My mother-in-law is 64 and in poor health and is working just to have health insurance. My nephew, who has a degree by the way, can't find work in his field and is working full time at a job (not of his choice) so he can have insurance. A friend I work with has some kin who have been told there is a big possibility they will lose their jobs because of insurance being so high. I have tried to read each article in the paper lately. I wish I had read with more attention early on. Anyway, if it is true that a teacher can retire after 30 years (which means many teachers could retire at age 54 or 55), and I know of quite a few who do, again correct me if I am wrong, that would mean that the tax payers will be paying 100%(not sure about the percentage) of their health insurance (even though they are no longer working) for 10 or 11 years?????? I am afraid to do the math for fear my emotions would blow. That extra benefit alone is utterly sinful in my book. So if a teacher of 20 years or more are also entitled to a big bonus, retire early, start drawing early and then go find another job, folks something is bad wrong when you teachers complain about your paychecks. Do you have no idea what people are making? I have a degree myself and would be on cloud 9 if I got benefits of this magnitude. Some of you keep crying and whinning and I wonder have you really stopped to think about where your paycheck comes from? I know my comments rattle on, I have no degree in English so corrections are not warranted or needed. All I ask is just stop and think about where your paycheck comes from. We are having a time of it right now.
Susie Q

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes, that ice and snow did appear in less than 15 minutes.
madness

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Spouse Of Teacher wrote:
I am married to a county teacher that was on the road headed to school at 6:45am, seriously you folks act like this was a blizzard, we had a couple inches! Live up north....school does'nt get called out, buses run....life does'nt stop because of a few inches of snow. As far as Dr. Kirk needing to give up her position and only caring for the money....you all are idiots! She has the support & great respect from teachers & staff. Yes I agree there needs to be some changes on the "board", first you need to have had public teaching experience....not medical field....but quality time in a classroom TEACHING. You also need to KNOW that teachers who teach K- 8 make the same amount of pay that High School teachers...based on your education, your career ladder, time teaching...your qualifications make a difference. Just like there should be qualifications to be on the school board. Just remember before you speak out about someone or something that you need to have all your facts straight. There are people who read your nonsense on here and think to themselves, GROW UP & STOP YOUR WHINNING!
I would just like someone to tell me why Roger Jones needs to be on the school board? His wife retired, got her big bonus from the tax payers, is getting her insurance paid until retirement age by the tax payers, is getting her retirement check from the tax payers and, oh my Lord, has now been re-hired by Dr. Kirk and is getting yet ANOTHER BIG WHOPPER OF A CHECK from the tax payers. Roger Jones retired, and got a big bonus and is also getting his insurance paid until retirement age and is getting his retirement check from the tax payers!!!!!!!!!! I don't think anyone should be on the school board who has their finger in the tax payers billfold or have family members with their fingers in the tax payers billfold. Let's call a thief a thief. Can all you tax payers just imagine what kind of a raise and benefits we would give ourselves if we were the ones voting for the same? Where will the madness end?
Just Saying

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

I was on Ripley Island Road and it was snow covered by 6am. Snow started at 5:20am. I also know Baileyton Rd was covered by then so I don't know where you people were driving with no snow at 6:45am. It wasn't a blizzard but our buses go on some secluded mountain roads and a 2-hr delay would have been safer than waiting till the last minute when kids were already on the buses.
well

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

I will have to admit that Chucky Doak is run by a bunch of idiots. I don't have a child in the school system anymore, however, I have friends that have kids that have to go there and they are NOT happy about their principal or their coach and many other things and the way they are handled by what are supposed to be influential adults.
bring parkins back

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

whoever wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cool...what do you do that causes you to drive on EVERY road in Greene Co? Who looks dumb now???
morristown

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Susie Q wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that ice and snow did appear in less than 15 minutes.
No, it didn't. What now?
whoever

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

<quoted text>
That's cool...what do you do that causes you to drive on EVERY road in Greene Co? Who looks dumb now???
You do!!
whoever

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

madness wrote:
<quoted text>
I would just like someone to tell me why Roger Jones needs to be on the school board? His wife retired, got her big bonus from the tax payers, is getting her insurance paid until retirement age by the tax payers, is getting her retirement check from the tax payers and, oh my Lord, has now been re-hired by Dr. Kirk and is getting yet ANOTHER BIG WHOPPER OF A CHECK from the tax payers. Roger Jones retired, and got a big bonus and is also getting his insurance paid until retirement age and is getting his retirement check from the tax payers!!!!!!!!!! I don't think anyone should be on the school board who has their finger in the tax payers billfold or have family members with their fingers in the tax payers billfold. Let's call a thief a thief. Can all you tax payers just imagine what kind of a raise and benefits we would give ourselves if we were the ones voting for the same? Where will the madness end?
Be interesting to read this in the newspaper's letter to the editor section. Have you thought about sending it their way?
fleecing

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

whoever wrote:
<quoted text>
Be interesting to read this in the newspaper's letter to the editor section. Have you thought about sending it their way?
Before someone does that I would be sure it's true. Which it is by the way. Forget the newspaper this bunch needs to be reported to Nashville. Which is by the way. Eventually evil is brought out in the light. Sounds like they have no problem fleecing the tax payers.
Just me

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Teacher retirement is NOT paid by the taxpayers. They pay into it all their working years. It is just like an IRA. It is not an entitlement program.

The county is actually saving money by hiring back retirees. They are paid only a part-time salary. If you had to hire a full-time employee, it would cost the taxpayers twice as much.

Most of the health insurance is paid by the state(yes by the taxpayer), part by the LEA, and part by the employee.

Certain board members haven't worked at a job(besides raising children, taking care of his/her spouse, etc) in 30 yrs. I don't believe he/she really understands the working public.
madness

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Just me wrote:
Teacher retirement is NOT paid by the taxpayers. They pay into it all their working years. It is just like an IRA. It is not an entitlement program.
The county is actually saving money by hiring back retirees. They are paid only a part-time salary. If you had to hire a full-time employee, it would cost the taxpayers twice as much.
Most of the health insurance is paid by the state(yes by the taxpayer), part by the LEA, and part by the employee.
Certain board members haven't worked at a job(besides raising children, taking care of his/her spouse, etc) in 30 yrs. I don't believe he/she really understands the working public.
One of the biggest mistakes Roger Jones and any other board member, director or teacher is making is your senseless effort to try and make Ms. Johnson or Ms. Austin somehow the bad person in this. Look I just wish the entire board, director and teachers would show some sense when it comes to money. Ms. Austin is a fine human being in my book and from what I hear she could probably get elected to any office she ran for. So your constant bashing of her has gained you all nothing. She is married to Dr. Austin and she has two wonderful children. Got it she has family and friends too. Roger Jones and his wife has made a bundle off the tax payers so I can certainly understand Roger Jones' lobbying for more money. God only knows what he may be trying to conjure up for his wife to get when she leaves the job Kirk gave her when she came OUT OF RETIREMENT.
daddy may i speak

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

madness wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the biggest mistakes Roger Jones and any other board member, director or teacher is making is your senseless effort to try and make Ms. Johnson or Ms. Austin somehow the bad person in this. Look I just wish the entire board, director and teachers would show some sense when it comes to money. Ms. Austin is a fine human being in my book and from what I hear she could probably get elected to any office she ran for. So your constant bashing of her has gained you all nothing. She is married to Dr. Austin and she has two wonderful children. Got it she has family and friends too. Roger Jones and his wife has made a bundle off the tax payers so I can certainly understand Roger Jones' lobbying for more money. God only knows what he may be trying to conjure up for his wife to get when she leaves the job Kirk gave her when she came OUT OF RETIREMENT.
"Jones lobbying"! Boy did you hit the nail. What is really embarrassing have you all noticed that Brown is the only other man on this board besides Lobbyist Jones who ever SPEAKS? Guess they haven't asked Daddy Jones if they are allowed to speak. At least the Crawford lady refused to pat Jones and Kirk on the back since she refused to vote they were doing a good job. But the other men? I can't even remember their names it has been so long since they talked.
Just me

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
If the teachers are paying for their own retirement, then why are they saying that there is NO money to pay them. Somebody is wrong.
Im talking about the Tn Concolidated Retirement System. You are talking about Loyalty Bonuses. Totally different.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 17 min Geeze 8,967
Meth Lab on Peppermint Lane (Jan '13) 20 min Gville resident 159
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 23 min ORIGINAL WILLARD 141,224
An APOLOGY from Turd (Jan '13) 43 min Pretend 2 B Normal 12
PROTECT Haslam Billions PILOT/FLYING J 1 hr Pray to save the money 33
HASLAM EBT card in ever low wage pot 1 hr Poverty wage 9
If we had a real newspaper in this town 1 hr Bill Moncier 13
Eddie Overholt arrest question 7 hr Our Problem 37
Greeneville: 4 main reasons that people refuse ... 8 hr everyonedies 52
Lost respect for GPD 9 hr Nobody 68
Summer Street 9 hr Gville Grad 35
•••
•••
•••
•••