Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Mar 12, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
No Words

Greeneville, TN

#1 Mar 6, 2013
Dr. Kirk plays games with our children's lives. Conditions have not worsened this morning. It has been bad. Any idiot can see the weather say it is going to get worse.

Week after week we see how incompetent she and others in charge are. We see conflicts of interest. We see the law broken with money being put into investments that were not in accordance with the law.

Guess that is what happens when you have the Democratic machine of Greene County in charge of your schools.
No Words

Greeneville, TN

#2 Mar 6, 2013
and county government. We are overrun by Democrats and RINOs who are Republicans just for elections.

The whole county government needs to be changed.
theangryguy

Johnson City, TN

#3 Mar 6, 2013
So does Mrs.Pruitt from the Greene County Office!! They do not care about our kids, they get money for each child that comes in to school, when a kid is out, that's money lost on their checks!!
Funny

Greeneville, TN

#4 Mar 6, 2013
Funny. This crap that is covering the roads just fell in the last 15 minutes. Dr. Kirk said so... bwahahahaha
Parent

Columbus, NC

#5 Mar 6, 2013
Is city schools closed or not?
Funny

Greeneville, TN

#6 Mar 6, 2013
Dr. Kirk's problems are she thinks we are city schools, she listens to Clark Justis who shouldn't have a job, and she listens to the Joneses...
delay

Greeneville, TN

#7 Mar 6, 2013
Two hr delay would of been nice, then maybe this could of been prevented. I hope all the kids that had already gotten on the bus can get back into their homes. Hopefully back up plans worked out for the kids.
Interesting

Greeneville, TN

#8 Mar 6, 2013
Dr. Kirk's Morristown message doesn't say the same thing mine does.

Mine: http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o718/gree...

Dr. Kirk's:
http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o718/gree...
Yep

Knoxville, TN

#9 Mar 6, 2013
The roads were white way before 6:30! It's bs and I'm not impressed with Dr. Kirk! I got a lot to say but all I'm going to say is disrespectful and unprofessional that is exactly what it is. She sent a message out that was a complete lie!! What BS!!!
LOL

Greeneville, TN

#10 Mar 6, 2013
Those are some funny links...
Community

Charlotte, NC

#11 Mar 6, 2013
Both Kirk and Roger Jones need to go. They play games with staff and parents.
unfortunate

Greeneville, TN

#12 Mar 6, 2013
Sounds like Jones wants to control the school board by putting certain board members that he controls on committes that are important like raises and the ones that will not go along with what ever he wants on lesser important committes.
obsessed

United States

#13 Mar 6, 2013
The kids got home fine......
whoever

Greeneville, TN

#14 Mar 6, 2013
You people who commented on this thread after the idiot started it....you need to know what's going on before you insinuate & assume crap.

You need to know that assume makes an "ass" out of "u" & "me"....roads were fine until around 6:35, I know cause I was driving on them.

If you don't like what goes on in Greene County....GET OUT & MOVE!!!
bring parkins back

Greeneville, TN

#15 Mar 6, 2013
whoever wrote:
You people who commented on this thread after the idiot started it....you need to know what's going on before you insinuate & assume crap.
You need to know that assume makes an "ass" out of "u" & "me"....roads were fine until around 6:35, I know cause I was driving on them.
love Greene Co...wouldn't be sad if certain people and leaders left. Andno, the roads were not fine until 635. if you believe that all that ice/snow magically appeared in 15 minutes, you are sadly one of the brainwashed many..think for yourselves instead of following the ridiculous lies of supposid leeaders
Whatever

Elizabethton, TN

#16 Mar 6, 2013
bring parkins back wrote:
<quoted text>
love Greene Co...wouldn't be sad if certain people and leaders left. Andno, the roads were not fine until 635. if you believe that all that ice/snow magically appeared in 15 minutes, you are sadly one of the brainwashed many..think for yourselves instead of following the ridiculous lies of supposid leeaders
I went to work at 6 this morning and there was nothing on any road
I traveled. Went by Chuckey-Doak all the way in to town. The county schools were still scheduled to go then. I can assure you the roads I traveled on were clear at 6 this morning.

i
a big county

Greeneville, TN

#17 Mar 6, 2013
whoever wrote:
Greene County is a very big county. When I left for work around 5:30 it was snowing. I kept thinking I would hear schools were closed. Kirk is an idiot. My mother who works had to rush back home so my kid who is in grade school would not be alone.
Spouse Of Teacher

Boiling Springs, SC

#18 Mar 6, 2013
I am married to a county teacher that was on the road headed to school at 6:45am, seriously you folks act like this was a blizzard, we had a couple inches! Live up north....school does'nt get called out, buses run....life does'nt stop because of a few inches of snow. As far as Dr. Kirk needing to give up her position and only caring for the money....you all are idiots! She has the support & great respect from teachers & staff. Yes I agree there needs to be some changes on the "board", first you need to have had public teaching experience....not medical field....but quality time in a classroom TEACHING. You also need to KNOW that teachers who teach K- 8 make the same amount of pay that High School teachers...based on your education, your career ladder, time teaching...your qualifications make a difference. Just like there should be qualifications to be on the school board. Just remember before you speak out about someone or something that you need to have all your facts straight. There are people who read your nonsense on here and think to themselves, GROW UP & STOP YOUR WHINNING!
well

Greeneville, TN

#19 Mar 6, 2013
If you don't feel that it is safe for your children to go to school, keep them home! simple as that. The school or teachers don't tell you what to do with your kids or how to raise them. They sure as hell didnt tell me and mine turned out great! Be the parent, decide what to do, and do it!! Who gives a rats ass what Dr Kirk or anyone else has to say?? Document why your children did not go, take pics of the roads even, just in case you may need the evidence anytime in the future.
Yep

Knoxville, TN

#20 Mar 6, 2013
It is not just about this its about getting information out at the last min. They can do better than that! It has happened a lot this year. You can't deny that. Even with the lockdown the city schools parents knew about it before me and my kids go to CDHS. That is not right. UNPROFESSIONAL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
COLORADO number one economy TN 18th we got GOP 3 min Change is possible 1
ISIS seek education on how to sharpen a knife w... 3 min Kohlrabi 2
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min miss tuffet 146,305
Green jeep 11 min GayHomoMan21 19
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 13 min Jennifer Renee 3,686
pos men in greeneville 31 min sad 8
WELCOME to Greeneville!!!!!!!!! (Feb '14) 52 min Rocky 44
KFC why is floor so greasy 56 min Rocky 19
BEWARE: Tinted Windows 1 hr One million short... 30
Greeneville people rude as hell 6 hr Dr Wu 26
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••