Old Guy

Greeneville, TN

#1 Apr 1, 2014
This program will show just how uneducated the youth of Greene County and probably most of Tennessee are today with their "multiple choice" tests and "reading scores"... It is going to be interesting to see just how the Greene County and Greeneville City School Systems justify the "revised" lower test scores... WHAT - LOWER SCORES - why we need MORE TAX MONEY !!!!
kirk loves common core

Greeneville, TN

#5 Apr 2, 2014
George Bush wrote:
The reason Obama wants Common Core is so that this will put all young people on the college path. First off, not everybody is smart enough to even go to college, so why waste any time trying to teach those children technical and cognitive skills when they would better be suited going into a vocation?
Second off, college is a complete and total waste of money. Most employers don't want college graduates because they are self-entitled and lazy and have no work experience.
College is a total waste of money. Go look at your parents and grand parents generation. They were able to accomplish so much, build this country from the ground up without any education at all. And a lot of them did this, they didn't even know how to read and write, do calculus, or send an e-mail.
Compare that to young people today, most of them don't even deserve to draw breath.
Common Core is nothing more than the liberal left, progressives trying to force their repugnant views on our children. That is why the director of Greene County Schools is so dangerous. Kirk actually agrees with the progressives and supports the Common Core Agenda, and it is an agenda folks. I never thought I would live to see the day when our county would have such a left-wing director who does not share the views of the majority of families. Just look at what she has already tried to do folks. Loves Common Core, is trying to keep the parents out of our children's schools, neglected to balance the school budget and basically held ransom the beginning of a school year to support her need for money, which ultimately raised our land taxes. Sad thing, this is just the tip of the iceberg if she is left in place. How embarrassing the way she unilaterally tried to dictate how the news media could report on what goes on in the school system. If we can't get a board to rid us of this director/dictator, then I predict the people of Greene County will need to "legally" and beyond any petition, have her removed from the office she has failed to faithfully fulfill her duties.
heavenslight

West Columbia, SC

#6 Apr 2, 2014
Quit crying about paying more taxes due to school systems. You pay for all the deadbeat bums that get a pass on their property taxes due to lack of income (which is due to their lack of ambition and any values). So sit down shut up and stop blaming teachers.
accountability

Greeneville, TN

#7 Apr 2, 2014
heavenslight wrote:
Quit crying about paying more taxes due to school systems. You pay for all the deadbeat bums that get a pass on their property taxes due to lack of income (which is due to their lack of ambition and any values). So sit down shut up and stop blaming teachers.
Sorry, but you can't silence the folks any more. We will not shut up and we don't blame teachers for not having enough knowledge to balance the budget. I am tired of throwing money to the state-run school system. They are wanting the tax payers to turn a blind eye to how poorly things are being run. More money want help until the Director learns she can't throw our money around without accountability.
kirks rules

Greeneville, TN

#8 Apr 2, 2014
accountability wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you can't silence the folks any more. We will not shut up and we don't blame teachers for not having enough knowledge to balance the budget. I am tired of throwing money to the state-run school system. They are wanting the tax payers to turn a blind eye to how poorly things are being run. More money want help until the Director learns she can't throw our money around without accountability.
Better be careful or Dr. Kirk will make a new rule that we are not allowed to post on topix.
stop already

Greeneville, TN

#9 Apr 3, 2014
heavenslight wrote:
Oh stop already. Every time the schools want more money we get this loooonnnnngggg drawn out story about all the under paid teachers. I have worked at Greene Valley for years, so I too am a state employee. Guess what? I have had many years without a pay increase and I sure don't get my insurance paid. Nor do I get a whopping big bonus when and if I ever can afford to retire. While I appreciate my grandchildren's teachers, or at least those that actually know what they are teaching, their job is no more difficult than mine.
I Am Not Sassy

United States

#10 Apr 3, 2014
I'm so glad this nasty , trashy, Greeneville forum has grabbed the attention of GWB !
Gunslinger

Greeneville, TN

#12 Apr 3, 2014
What was wrong with the 3 Rs? CC is BS!
highly qualified not

Greeneville, TN

#13 Apr 3, 2014
George Bush wrote:
Common core is a liberal LIE. And the reason school administrators can't run a school budget properly is because they don't know how to run a business.
We need to be treating the school systems like any BUSINESS that consumes cost and produces product. And for starters, we need to be downsizing schools right now, start getting rid of a bunch of these overpaid teachers. Following by cutting the hours. Schoolday goes from 8-10 hours down to 3-4 hours. Imagine how good things would be if your taxes were cut in half because we ran schools efficiently.
Or better yet, charter schools. I own some charter schools here in Oklahoma and Texas. Let's write congres and tell them, VOUCHERS are the answer. Private schools and vouchers.
I found out recently that my kid's History teacher studied and graduated with a physical education degree! What did Kirk call our teachers? Oh yeah, highly qualified.

Since: Feb 14

Greeneville, TN

#15 Apr 8, 2014
Common Core is another Liberal plot to indoctrinate our children into good little Satanic drones who will worship Antichrist when he appears.

Satan wants our kids soaking up all the lies and turning their backs on God!

Common Core will turn our kids into Pro-Abortion, Pro-Gay, and Pro-Atheist Liberals who spit on Christians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 4 min Melissa1333 4,982
Why I get on topix 20 min friend 44
New WINDOW Tint law lets vote no law GET OUT AN... 36 min bad boy 2
Illegal Window Tint #1 Priority for Sheriff Han... 38 min bad boy 23
What kinky toys u have in ur bedroom? 41 min csmaven 4
***** last post wins ***** 50 min Alex Nicole 233
Charles Manson to marry.... 1 hr Dr Wu 11
wreck 10 hr Release 17
Carrie at the Bean Barn 16 hr Jerome 23
What happened to Sweet CeCe's Sat Trunketeer 28