Do you really believe God cares? Im dead serious I want to know!

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 59 of59
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
God - Imaginary Friend

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Dec 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Yes---- lets all pray for the families that lost a child????? What do you say

((God bless the family that just had a child killed for no reason)---- Don't you think if he's a know all, stay on top of the world and all its beings kind of God he should of stepped in before those children and adults were all murdered?????

Jesus loves the little children???? It should be Jesus love some of the little children -- Lets be honest here, he walks on water, raises the dead and cures the ill and lets a crazy person mow down a room full of small children. If I did believe in God I would be wanting a answer now as to why he dropped the ball on this watch.

Like I've always said God is just an Imaginary Friend for Adults, I myself chose to believe in Santa Clause - If he doesn't keep his promise to deliver all the toy wanted -- no one will die
religulous

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Dec 15, 2012
 
God - Imaginary Friend wrote:
Yes---- lets all pray for the families that lost a child????? What do you say
((God bless the family that just had a child killed for no reason)---- Don't you think if he's a know all, stay on top of the world and all its beings kind of God he should of stepped in before those children and adults were all murdered?????
Jesus loves the little children???? It should be Jesus love some of the little children -- Lets be honest here, he walks on water, raises the dead and cures the ill and lets a crazy person mow down a room full of small children. If I did believe in God I would be wanting a answer now as to why he dropped the ball on this watch.
Like I've always said God is just an Imaginary Friend for Adults, I myself chose to believe in Santa Clause - If he doesn't keep his promise to deliver all the toy wanted -- no one will die
Bill Maher disciple?
dec

Lawndale, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Dec 16, 2012
 
As I read some of these hideous comments it brings me to think of the awful people in the bible! All I know is that I FEEL GOD in my heart and I know he's there! I will say prayers for you.
oh well

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Dec 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

There is no god, but if the belief in one helps people make it through life, who is to judge?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Dec 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

chris mac wrote:
Seriously, I want to know, I REALLY WISH I could believe it, but let me ask you and explain my point of view, and I will hear yours.
Define God. What does this word mean to you? what is your personal definition of God. Then, how did you deduce or find out this God exists. what is your logic on it? or your feelings? depending on how you view the world.
I mean God as a single being who is the source of all existence and sustainer of it, as well as being actively involved in all of it simultaneously.
Do you realy believe this thing exists? and cares about you? personally?
It's seriously hard to fathom... I'll explain.
You are a being on a planet in a solar system(which has numerous stars and planets) in a galaxy, of billions of solar systems, in a universe of billions of galaxies with billions of solar systems, each containing unlimited stars, planets, asteroids, and whatever mysteries we have not seen yet, and you REALLY believe that there is a being that looks out for you on a day to day basis? Do you really think that the creator of the universe cares about YOU, a little speck compared to the vastness in the Universe, and that we are on the ONLY planet with intelligent beings? and if we are so intelligent why do we need to be looked over by a God for safety?
Blessings, another concept that bugs me. Look around your world, and think. wow there is poverty, pestilences, diseases,a new DEATH HAPPENING EVERY MOMENT. and you think that, you are some special creation of "God", and he looks over you? Doesn't it seem more logical you are just another part of nature who is going to serve it's part (if any) and then you (meaning the molecules you are arranged of) are going to be sucked into the earth.
I honestly think it is just a comforting idea, and don't believe in it in the least bit, I just wish I could I try to everyday believe in it, I just can't it does not seem sensible, not the Idea that something created this, but that he cares so much about humans. I mean, look around you there is road kill every where, everyday, deaths everywhere, everyday, Jesus said in the bible not to worry you will have food and clothes, but is that true? no. it's not true. I think it's naive.
So what do you think HONESTLY, without any bias from family or societal traditions, when you are left alone to your OWN THOUGHTS, what do you think on this subject?
I do believe in God--a supreme being who created everything.

I don't believe our creator is heartless and uncaring.

Pain and death are a part of life. Without it, the world wouldn't be perfect. It would be far from it.

If you look back over the history of mankind, you'll see that "pain" has been greatly reduced. We no longer have to live such hard lives. Much of the world has greater access to the things that help us to live a comfortable life. Technology has allowed us reduce physical pain as well. Medications and other treatments have made illnesses and injuries more manageable.

Regarding death, I don't believe God sees it as a punishment or a failure of creation.

I believe that God exists and has created a wonderful and peaceful place for us to go after death--whether it be a long and painful death or an instantaneous death. Once we are in heaven or wherever, our pain, our fears, and all of our concerns are gone.

The only people who experience pain are the survivors. And the pain that they feel is based on love of the departed. It doesn't come from an evil or malevolent place.

The only way that this kind of grief-related pain could be avoided would be if God had created beings who did not care for others. And I'm pretty sure that's not the type of beings that he wished to create.

It's OK to ask questions about God--to ask Him personally. I believe He'll answer you in a way that you'll understand.
Chris McMahon

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

God is simply an anglo saxon word that has no meaning or significance other than that attached to it in the mind of an individual.

My person definition of God is the source of, sustainer of and if willed destroyer of the Universe.

you say God cannot exist... why do you exist? if the Universe can produce you and your awareness, why couldn't it produce God.. but my thought is, wouldn't this force that is producing all this, by (my) definition, be God?

really though, the hebrews did not say the word "GOD", they really didn't... Idk what words they used, but they didn't speak english and that wasn't a word back then (far as I know).
Alyagotado

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Dec 23, 2012
 
You asked and here it is. There is no God, never was. I was baptized Southern Baptist. 3 times a week in church + Royal Ambassadors and playing guitar in the youth choir. Jehovah is not the first "God" to father children by mortals. Check out your mythology. If Jesus really loves all the little children, then why did he let Joseph Kony cut their noses and lips off in Africa? Really? If you were God, whom you were created after; would you have your only son crucified or just come down and say, "Here I am, worship me!" Why would you have the men cut their dicks? Why stone adulterers? If Christians believe this, why didn't they stone my ex-wife out-side the courthouse? I'm sure we all know plenty of Christians who are just plain dirty. How can a loving God send you to Hell just because you don't believe? But a serial killer gets into heaven because he says, "Jesus, Save me!" before he gets the needle. There is goodness without God. It's alll inside you and how you choose to live you life. That's what the Jews believe. No heaven, just be good. How about that. Personally, I wouldn't believe in anything if it wasn't for my lucky astrology mood-watch. Atheists aren't bad people. We're just right.
Greene Guy

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Dec 23, 2012
 
Life on earth islike a pregame warmup.... and physical death moves us into eternal life. He who dies once ..... will die twice. He who dies twice... will only die once. A Christian will understand this words ....
Repented

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Dec 26, 2012
 
In this particular realm . Christ helps those who help others. Whenever you find an idiot who says "God helps those who helps themselves" walk away. You've just found a fool who thinks he knows something and he knows nothing.

If you want to get to know Christ. Fond someone who needs help and then help them. Don't advertise it. Do it in secret. Let it be a solemn secret between you and the person.(Don't even include the other person if possible)

Say away from Republocans. They do the work of Satan himself. Gox News is the propaganda station of Satan. The wealthy are the illuminati. The next pope is the false prophet. Good luck
Dogma

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Dec 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Repented wrote:
In this particular realm . Christ helps those who help others. Whenever you find an idiot who says "God helps those who helps themselves" walk away. You've just found a fool who thinks he knows something and he knows nothing.
If you want to get to know Christ. Fond someone who needs help and then help them. Don't advertise it. Do it in secret. Let it be a solemn secret between you and the person.(Don't even include the other person if possible)
Say away from Republocans. They do the work of Satan himself. Gox News is the propaganda station of Satan. The wealthy are the illuminati. The next pope is the false prophet. Good luck
God does not care
God does not exist
The earth is 3 billion years old
The universe is many more billions of years old

Look up drakes equation.... It will take away that feeling you have that our earth and the people you love are special. We aren't ...

Religion is not even old enough to compare to
The age of the things encompassed in our universe.

We came from monkeys. We lived in trees and out of necessity we came down from them more than 9 million years ago to hunt animals.
This gave us protein from the meat. This made your brain develop into the one you have today.
This is what gave rise to man.

Read " the age of reason" by Thomas Payne , written more than 200 years ago.

Read a science book. Read a physics book.
Stay away from the bible for your facts.

Bibles and korans should be burned for the good of mankind.

When you die that's it.
God doesn't care because he is not there.

We are all made of stardust.
Elements forged in the beginnings of the Big Bang.

Stop worrying about god and hell and just go be the best person you can be.
You don't need a higher power to tell you killing is wrong or raping a woman is heinous.
You don't need some preacher threatening you with hell and then asking you for a dollar to make his steeple higher than the chur h next door.

Step outside and take a look at the stars. Then go read about them.
Go to the zoo and look at the animals, then read how evolution delivered them to their present state.

The feeling of god in your heart that people talk about is no more than a chemical reaction in their bodies that brings on euphoria albeit weakened. There are several other instances of this, patriotism for example, the love you feel for America
Alyagotado

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Dec 26, 2012
 
Too bad our parents told us the truth about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, but not about something that could screw us up forever. I guess you have to forgive it because their parents never told them.
Dogma

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Dec 26, 2012
 
Alyagotado wrote:
Too bad our parents told us the truth about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, but not about something that could screw us up forever. I guess you have to forgive it because their parents never told them.
Agreed
The only reason this garbage is still around is because it is handed down from one generation to the next.
People consider it part of their heritage.
It's sad
It's a menace to our survival
It has done more harm to humanity than all diseases combined.

It is a disease unto itself.
your future x wife

Bulls Gap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Dec 26, 2012
 
Dogma wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not care
God does not exist
The earth is 3 billion years old
The universe is many more billions of years old
Look up drakes equation.... It will take away that feeling you have that our earth and the people you love are special. We aren't ...
Religion is not even old enough to compare to
The age of the things encompassed in our universe.
We came from monkeys. We lived in trees and out of necessity we came down from them more than 9 million years ago to hunt animals.
This gave us protein from the meat. This made your brain develop into the one you have today.
This is what gave rise to man.
Read " the age of reason" by Thomas Payne , written more than 200 years ago.
Read a science book. Read a physics book.
Stay away from the bible for your facts.
Bibles and korans should be burned for the good of mankind.
When you die that's it.
God doesn't care because he is not there.
We are all made of stardust.
Elements forged in the beginnings of the Big Bang.
Stop worrying about god and hell and just go be the best person you can be.
You don't need a higher power to tell you killing is wrong or raping a woman is heinous.
You don't need some preacher threatening you with hell and then asking you for a dollar to make his steeple higher than the chur h next door.
Step outside and take a look at the stars. Then go read about them.
Go to the zoo and look at the animals, then read how evolution delivered them to their present state.
The feeling of god in your heart that people talk about is no more than a chemical reaction in their bodies that brings on euphoria albeit weakened. There are several other instances of this, patriotism for example, the love you feel for America
Approximately how many years did you live in trees before you made the decision to come down and hunt animals?
Dogma

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Dec 26, 2012
 
your future x wife wrote:
<quoted text>
Approximately how many years did you live in trees before you made the decision to come down and hunt animals?
According to SCIENCE and the evidence that remains from the fossil record , around 30 million years or more.
I tried to answer your smart Alec question with a serious answer but I admit it was hard.

I tried because I want to help you realize that you don't need this shat.

Good luck

Since: Aug 12

Location known

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Dec 26, 2012
 
Thank you. Although I have developed a slight interest in the Theory of Evolution, my mind is made up. (-8
Dogma

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Dec 26, 2012
 
your future x wife wrote:
Thank you. Although I have developed a slight interest in the Theory of Evolution, my mind is made up.(-8
Evolution is a clear fact
Do yourself a favor and keep looking into it..

There are clear examples of it all around you..

I invite you to show me a clear example of something Jesus related around me.
Before you try, man can not have had a hand in it... That's my only rule... It has to be divine.. Please don't attempt something general like " how about the beauty of a sunset"
That's merely physics and it is going on in billions of solar systems in our universe.

If you like your bible read it with a more critical ear.
In it Jesus tells the apostle Paul that before Paul dies he will see his ( Jesus) return from heaven.
So? Where is he? Am I to assume Paul is still alive?

That bible of yours is full of contradictions and falsehoods.

Thomas Jefferson had very little respect for it and contrary to what your church says , so did most of the founding fathers.

Jefferson was very outspoken against the bible and Christianity and his writings are very enlightening and extremely amusing...

Common sense is enough to make you lay your good book down but with the science of the day you are a foolish person to hold it up as fact

It is no better than a book of voodoo spells
your future x wife

Bulls Gap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Dec 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well, how about the beauty of a sunset?(I couldn't resist).
It would prove impossible to have a discussion with someone who assumes that my Bible reading is not in-depth ("read it with a more critical ear"), implies that I have no common sense ("common sense is enough to make you.."), and refers to me as a foolish person simply because I do not believe as you do.
I am unsure of how Thomas Jefferson's role comes into this..?
Science is unable to disprove God as the creator of the universe and all that is within it.

“Why So Serious...”

Since: Dec 12

Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Dec 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Alyagotado wrote:
Too bad our parents told us the truth about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, but not about something that could screw us up forever. I guess you have to forgive it because their parents never told them.
Doug Stanhope said something along the lines of "Of all the shit priest are putting in your kids head, their dick should be the least of of your concern... Some mouth wash and a few years therapy will take care of that, but that Jesus shit will f**k you up for life."

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Dec 27, 2012
 
I am new to this site, and I find most forums interesting. But I could not overlook this one. I was raised in a very religous home. Was told I had to go to church. Now my family prays for me, because I am the black sheep. However, with all this said; I do believe in a force or energy that thrives on posative thoughts and actions. Call it God if you will. Every church out there says they have the truth. tch! Personally, I think they all have touched on the truth, but noone has the single truth. That is where faith comes in. God is not human, therefore; alien. Something exists. You can see it in a sunset, a baby's smile, a hug, a kind gesture. Why does a person feel 'good' when actively particapating in kind gestures? I read a post earlier on the power of posative thinking. I believe in that. If there is a God, let Him be the judge. Not humans. We are all on this planet together, judging each other. To each his own, as long as he is not hurting anyone else. There is posative in everything! A post earlier stated they got coal and reindeer poo for Christmas. There is still posative. You can use the coal for heat, and the poo for furtilizing food to feed you. Sometimes you have to look deep, but there is always .. ALWAYS.. something posative! And if that is where God is found.. then I will meet Him there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 59 of59
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
We need this man as our President 2 min master chowder 56
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 30 min simply 123,969
preg deli girl at walmart 47 min seachingforthetruth 2
A Great Big Fck You 1 hr _Word Woman_ 249
I love this forum because?????? 1 hr over it 237
greenevalley 1 hr Booger 19
Greene County Mayor's Race 2 hr bozo palace 100
Greene County Clerk Race 4 hr Bill Clinton 108
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••