First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Malcolm

Greeneville, TN

#1 Nov 27, 2012
Go to WGRV.com and click on today's local news.
PoliticianPrivac y

Johnson City, TN

#2 Nov 27, 2012
what is that Lets all go see
Pup

Jackson, TN

#3 Nov 27, 2012
Looks like indicted for reckless endangerment, NOT domestic abuse.
B Dub

Kingsport, TN

#4 Nov 27, 2012
maybe this is why the court house was evacuated today........a day after the indictment ?
back to top

Limestone, TN

#5 Nov 27, 2012
He was indicted on a Class D Felony, much is worse than a misdemeanor for domestic abuse. That is a criminal charge and he will have to step down if convicted. The jury trial will probably be 6 months or more down the road, so enjoy your remaining time in Nashville Dave!
gamble

Pageland, SC

#6 Nov 27, 2012
back to top wrote:
He was indicted on a Class D Felony, much is worse than a misdemeanor for domestic abuse. That is a criminal charge and he will have to step down if convicted. The jury trial will probably be 6 months or more down the road, so enjoy your remaining time in Nashville Dave!
I have been in trouble before, when I was 19. The one thing I always remember my attorney told me, was never trust your future to a grand jury. You never know what 12 people will charge you with, especially when you could settle it in Sessions Court as a misdemeanor. I havnt been in trouble again, but that stuck. Amazing!
zride

Johnson City, TN

#7 Nov 27, 2012
sure but why not domestic assault cause he was let out to early as he and his fellow Republicans passed law that you are to be keep in jail before trial for 72 hours -guns were even involved .
Cheech

Old Hickory, TN

#8 Nov 28, 2012
People are so eager to place blame when you don't even know all the facts. Even if you do its not your place or your business. Evidently, no one else has ever had a crazy woman/man on their hands. Dave is a good man and these things could happen to anyone. No one can make you as mad as some one who is near and dear to you. Don't be so quick to jump on someone's back and help ruin their lives. We (each of us) can ruin our own lives just fine without anyone else's help, thank you...
Kristen B

Nolensville, TN

#9 Nov 28, 2012
ok Dave stop it really
back to top

Limestone, TN

#10 Nov 28, 2012
I've got all the (circumstantial) facts I need. Three times he had the opportunity to prove his innocence, but he just kept kicking the can down the road. Watch him on youtube in his interview in Nashville the night after the alledged incident. "She put a gun to my head and threatened to put a bullet in my brain, I grabbed my baby and went to a neighbor's house". Where is the gun. Why no mention of gun in police report. Why wasn't Crystal arrested for assault or threatening another with intent to kill or something. Why does she still have the baby if she is so 'crazy' as everyone claims. You would think Child Protective Services would have stepped in at some point along the way. Now then, why did Grand Jury drop the misdemeanor charges of domestic assault and find reason for the much more serious Reckless Endangerment charge, which is a Class D Felony. Innocent as he has said all along? Why not prove that innocence months ago and not having all this hanging over your head David. And now, because or your arrogance and thick-headedness you have to drag the entire county through your sad little soap opera? How does this help you? More importantly, how does this help the entire county - which needs strong leadership now more than ever? How effective are you really going to be in Nashville as the representative of the people with all this hanging over your head - indicted for a felony. Where are all your buddies now? Still standing by your side are they? Step down David. You are an embarressment to us all, whether your supporters will admit that or not. You have given the entire county a black eye.
The Truth

Hermitage, TN

#11 Nov 28, 2012
In today's Greeneville Sun, Hawk and his attorney were quoted as not knowing the reckless endangerment account was even a possibility. I wonder if Hawk and his attorney will use this latest development to get the trial date pushed back further?

Hawk needs to be exposed for the mean, hateful, arrogant, lying, deceitful, abusive person that he is. He has so many people fooled, especially the people who voted for him. He has serious issues and needs a thorough mental evaluation and anger management before he should ever be allowed around his daughters by himself. It wouldn't hurt his parents to receive the same help. They are just as bad as he is.
gamble

Travelers Rest, SC

#12 Nov 28, 2012
I am interested to see when the court date is.
back to top

Limestone, TN

#13 Nov 28, 2012
I predict this will all be swept away, just like Tim White. I have done my own research on Mr. White. If interested Google Tennessee Attorney General Opinion, then search for opinion 12-65. It's all there in black and white. According to the statutes and opinions, Tim committed a Class D Felony himself by contracting with the county while serving as a public official:

Conflicts of Interest under Tenn. Code Ann. 5-14-114File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
PO BOX 20207. NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE 37202. June 27, 2012. Opinion No. 12-65. Conflicts of Interest under Tenn. Code Ann. 5-14-114. QUESTIONS. 1.
www.tn.gov
www.tn.gov/attorneygeneral/op/2012/op12-65.pd...
clipped from Google - 11/2012
.
gamble

Travelers Rest, SC

#14 Nov 28, 2012
back to top wrote:
I predict this will all be swept away, just like Tim White. I have done my own research on Mr. White. If interested Google Tennessee Attorney General Opinion, then search for opinion 12-65. It's all there in black and white. According to the statutes and opinions, Tim committed a Class D Felony himself by contracting with the county while serving as a public official:

Conflicts of Interest under Tenn. Code Ann.§ 5-14-114File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat
PO BOX 20207. NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE 37202. June 27, 2012. Opinion No. 12-65. Conflicts of Interest under Tenn. Code Ann.§ 5-14-114. QUESTIONS. 1.
www.tn.gov
www.tn.gov/attorneygeneral/op/2012/op12-65.pd...
clipped from Google - 11/2012
.
Nice!!! Print and send to the county attorney!
back to top

Limestone, TN

#15 Nov 28, 2012
Actually the County Attorney recused himself as Tim is 'a friend'. So the Mayor did exactly what he should have by finding another attorney locally, who himself did some research but backed off since Tim White's brother-in-law is Judge Tom Wright. Since the Judge himself was furious over the issue, no local attorney would touch it, so the Mayor hired an attorney from Knoxville with experience in the area of dealing with Elected Officials from a previous case he handled down there. The Mayor used money to hire this attorney from a specific account which was established just for this exact scenario where the County Attorney begged off a particular case. The Knoxville attorney did an excellent job of presenting all the facts and answering all questions. However, Tim's friends and political supporters on the Commission voted that he had not done anything wrong, thus slapping the face of every law-abidding citizen in the county. Shame on those who did not follow the law as prescribed and voted to protect one of their own. Also shame on Berkley Bell, our Democrat District Attorney, who also bowed out in order to preserve friendships with the judge and the democrats supporting Mr. White. You will note that some of the commissioners voting in his support claim to be republican. What's up with that you ask? There are several on the commission who claim to be republican so they can get elected but are actually the most liberal democrats amoung the group. Just politics as usual I suppose, right here in Greene County.
maybe

Travelers Rest, SC

#16 Nov 28, 2012
back to top wrote:
Actually the County Attorney recused himself as Tim is 'a friend'. So the Mayor did exactly what he should have by finding another attorney locally, who himself did some research but backed off since Tim White's brother-in-law is Judge Tom Wright. Since the Judge himself was furious over the issue, no local attorney would touch it, so the Mayor hired an attorney from Knoxville with experience in the area of dealing with Elected Officials from a previous case he handled down there. The Mayor used money to hire this attorney from a specific account which was established just for this exact scenario where the County Attorney begged off a particular case. The Knoxville attorney did an excellent job of presenting all the facts and answering all questions. However, Tim's friends and political supporters on the Commission voted that he had not done anything wrong, thus slapping the face of every law-abidding citizen in the county. Shame on those who did not follow the law as prescribed and voted to protect one of their own. Also shame on Berkley Bell, our Democrat District Attorney, who also bowed out in order to preserve friendships with the judge and the democrats supporting Mr. White. You will note that some of the commissioners voting in his support claim to be republican. What's up with that you ask? There are several on the commission who claim to be republican so they can get elected but are actually the most liberal democrats amoung the group. Just politics as usual I suppose, right here in Greene County.
Maybe we should clean house....seems to stink, from the top down.
double standard

Elizabethton, TN

#19 Nov 28, 2012
back to top wrote:
I've got all the (circumstantial) facts I need. Three times he had the opportunity to prove his innocence, but he just kept kicking the can down the road. Watch him on youtube in his interview in Nashville the night after the alledged incident. "She put a gun to my head and threatened to put a bullet in my brain, I grabbed my baby and went to a neighbor's house". Where is the gun. Why no mention of gun in police report. Why wasn't Crystal arrested for assault or threatening another with intent to kill or something. Why does she still have the baby if she is so 'crazy' as everyone claims. You would think Child Protective Services would have stepped in at some point along the way. Now then, why did Grand Jury drop the misdemeanor charges of domestic assault and find reason for the much more serious Reckless Endangerment charge, which is a Class D Felony. Innocent as he has said all along? Why not prove that innocence months ago and not having all this hanging over your head David. And now, because or your arrogance and thick-headedness you have to drag the entire county through your sad little soap opera? How does this help you? More importantly, how does this help the entire county - which needs strong leadership now more than ever? How effective are you really going to be in Nashville as the representative of the people with all this hanging over your head - indicted for a felony. Where are all your buddies now? Still standing by your side are they? Step down David. You are an embarressment to us all, whether your supporters will admit that or not. You have given the entire county a black eye.
David some of us believe in innocent until proven guilty. What double standards people have. These are some of the same people taking up for a certain commissioner we know. It's in black and white what happened there. But, it's supposed to be ok. Look the other way. But, when it's a republican, the first thing the other side says to do is step down. As for me I'm sick and tired of this double standard, from the local, all the way to the federal level. Fight this charge David, and then show the people.
double standard

Elizabethton, TN

#20 Nov 28, 2012
Oh and I suppose the county hasn't been given a black eye during all this tax, and conflict of interest mess. Please!!!!!!
question

Travelers Rest, SC

#21 Nov 28, 2012
double standard wrote:
<quoted text>David some of us believe in innocent until proven guilty. What double standards people have. These are some of the same people taking up for a certain commissioner we know. It's in black and white what happened there. But, it's supposed to be ok. Look the other way. But, when it's a republican, the first thing the other side says to do is step down. As for me I'm sick and tired of this double standard, from the local, all the way to the federal level. Fight this charge David, and then show the people.
Do you ever consider that he might have done this, as he was alleged to have done to a prior wife?
GodsSeed

Johnson City, TN

#22 Nov 28, 2012
He may be a good man that got drunk and caught his wife doing things that is not in the marriage vows . He decided to take out that anger on her not the first time want be the last times this happens . Conservatives like a woman they can control this one seems to have a Degree and a mind .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA- How long before we revolt? 17 min Captian Morgan 7
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 37 min Alex Nicole 4,952
Do you believe in exorcism 45 min Accountability 23
ghs football 48 min Jar Head 138
Greene County Schools 1 hr yomama 134
Common core meeting at fountain of life church 1 hr Trunketeer 8
wreck 2 hr Trunketeer 8
Wife swapping club would you? (Jan '12) 11 hr Still Hung 32
Worst resteraunts in Greenville. 11 hr Booger_ Burns 88
Carrie at the Bean Barn Thu bad boy 17
Cross Anchor/Chuckey water offices Thu Truth 27
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:34 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:34PM
Tennessee vs. Philadelphia: What Are Experts Saying About Philadelphia?
Bleacher Report11:22 PM
Titans' Week 12 Preview vs. Eagles
Bleacher Report 1:43 PM
Jason Avant to Chiefs: Latest Contract Details, Analysis and Reaction
NFL 2:19 PM
Jason Avant signs with Kansas City Chiefs
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Roman Harper fined $8,268 for unnecessary roughness