Takoma hospital closing

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bye

United States

#1 Jul 27, 2018
Takoma doctors and employees are saying that they will be moving to laughlin. Anybody else heard this?
Justme

United States

#2 Jul 27, 2018
Bye wrote:
Takoma doctors and employees are saying that they will be moving to laughlin. Anybody else heard this?
I have heard that the OB dept. will be moved to Laughlin. But that is all. Our healthcare has been sold out. We are in for a world of hurt in Greeneville.
It makes me sick. If you have been in the hospital lately, you know staff is very limited. The care is not the same. I guess we need to just pass by and go to Johnson City Medical Center. Is that what our town will have to do now?
Justme

United States

#3 Jul 27, 2018
I wanted to add, I have heard that a drug rehab and Physical Therapy dept. was going to be at the Takoma building so people would not have to go to nursing homes for therapy. I don't' think anyone knows what is really going to happen. The leaders from Johnson City know but they are not talking. I think they just do what ever they want when they want.
just me

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Jul 27, 2018
Hope not,, not with all the car wrecks in this area.
Bubba work real hard

Portland, OR

#5 Jul 27, 2018
Dont worry presadunt Trump said we will all have the absolute best healthcare, the very best believe me, and the deduckables will be the lowest anyone has ever seen, ever.

Closing this hospital is a good thing, nobuddy liked it in the first place! Better to close the hospital and have great healthcare than to allow this disaster hospital to continue operating and everybuddy getting disaster health care.
Its all free pretend

United States

#6 Jul 27, 2018
Very few in Greeneville have insurance, so hospitals arenít a good business to be in around here, and republicans always prentend to pay for their own.
But hospitals know better when they are used as peopleís free healthcare.
Justme

United States

#7 Jul 27, 2018
I don't know what happen to Takoma, But if President and CEO was still Jack Wilson trust me Laughlin would still be Laughlin!!!!!!!!!! Jack always knew what was going on in the hospital. He never just sit in the office and not check to see if the job was being done. Chuck did not have a clue. I had head for a long time that Chuck would break Laughlin and he did. He is not a people person and did not care to be honest. Jack Wilson was a true leader. People respected him.
I don't know what Happen to Takoma. Was it leader ship?
Our care will never be the same. I hate this has happen but it can't be undone now.
Hello

Johnson City, TN

#8 Jul 28, 2018
I guess JCMC will be getting more business...
WOW

Elizabethton, TN

#9 Jul 28, 2018
Close the hospitals and set up a couple of First Aid stations around town. Save some money.
Lol

United States

#10 Jul 28, 2018
Justme wrote:
I don't know what happen to Takoma, But if President and CEO was still Jack Wilson trust me Laughlin would still be Laughlin!!!!!!!!!! Jack always knew what was going on in the hospital. He never just sit in the office and not check to see if the job was being done. Chuck did not have a clue. I had head for a long time that Chuck would break Laughlin and he did. He is not a people person and did not care to be honest. Jack Wilson was a true leader. People respected him.
I don't know what Happen to Takoma. Was it leader ship?
Our care will never be the same. I hate this has happen but it can't be undone now.
Greene Valley is going to be the drug rehab
Hello

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jul 28, 2018
WOW wrote:
Close the hospitals and set up a couple of First Aid stations around town. Save some money.
I wouldn't trust some... too arrogant and smug... Down right smart ass..
Justme

United States

#12 Jul 28, 2018
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>

oh ok, I had not heard about that, I had heard Greene Valley was going to support the Veterans. I had read that the VA was wanting Greene Valley for our Veterans because it was so close to J.C.

“The Early Years 1973”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#13 Jul 29, 2018
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>

They will have to expand,,,really expand.
ripping it off

Johnson City, TN

#14 Jul 29, 2018
I guess if we want to get out of Summit we're going have to go to Newport or Morristown. Summit is sure ripping us off.

“is your friend ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#15 Jul 30, 2018
just me wrote:
Hope not,, not with all the car wrecks in this area.
That's the TRUTH!!! I've never seen so many wrecks in my life as there are here.
Sevierville Mom

United States

#16 Jul 30, 2018
Hello wrote:
They be flying you jcmc just for a tummy ache to make that money. Be cheaper have copter in piegon forge take you.
Healthcare

United States

#17 Jul 30, 2018
Hello wrote:
JCMC is also part of ballad. Which will be the same as going to Laughlin or takoma.
bees knees

United States

#18 Jul 30, 2018
Justme wrote:
<quoted text>

We are in for a world of hurt in Greeneville
I agree!
People can't say they didn't see this coming; when corporations buy-up hospitals this happens in every state. But, no, it wasn't important then.

In a few years Laughlin WILL close also & we will be lucky if Johnson City hospital is still available OR we have to travel farther.

(Aren't they all owned NOW by the same Healthcare System?)
old guy

United States

#19 Jul 31, 2018
This is how different Ballard is to Laughlin... In October of last year I had an operation... I knew there was a remaining balance for the co-pay but never got a bill... then in February of 2018 had another MRI .... knew there was a co-payment due but never got a bill. In June needed another MRI and scheduled with Ballard - they called beforehand and asked for prepayment of this operation co-pay ($200) and if I would pay THAT DAY, they would give me a 10% discount. I asked about the other open bills and they said they have a special department working on "open invoices" as there are so many... yes - I got two bills for a total of $400 about two weeks later. BALLARD is about $$$$$... I guess Chuck Whitfield had enough money/cash not to worry about outstanding co-pays... Ballard wants their money NOW !
McKenzie

United States

#20 Jul 31, 2018
Healthcare wrote:
<quoted text>

JCMC is also part of ballad. Which will be the same as going to Laughlin or takoma.
I went to JCMC ER. It was absolutely horrible. Sat for 6 hours. They took the druggies in first. The ones who were walking the hall laughing and on their cell phones. People were leaving They were so sick but got tired of setting there. JCMC is run by Ballad. So no different than Laughlin or Takoma.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Immigrant Caravan is no longer a danger 8 min same difference 17
Judge Orders Hillary To Answer Email Questions ... 1 hr is she in prison yet 14
Donalds Day - 11/15/2018 1 hr pace yourself 5
President Trump deserves a Nobel Prize (Apr '18) 1 hr howl and bear it 1,252
Amazon - Largest Jobs Commitment In Tennessee's... 1 hr three point three... 24
kieth freshour??? (Dec '10) 1 hr Raveling54 53
President Trump Praises Patriots At WWl Cemeter... 2 hr American veteran 33
Did anyone else notice? 2 hr Offended Jew 47
Gary Ricker (Sep '12) 3 hr Heard 40

Greeneville Jobs