Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Dec 10, 2013
NoWays

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 7, 2013
 
Or we can build bigger better jails every five years . Build up plane for the future I say . In place close to the Courts .
RRR

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 7, 2013
 
We need a plan to better education around here. Forty percent of adults are functionally illiterate.

Since: Jan 13

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 7, 2013
 
RRR wrote:
We need a plan to better education around here. Forty percent of adults are functionally illiterate.
Believe that's a conservative figure.
Yep

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 7, 2013
 
Kohlrabi wrote:
<quoted text>Believe that's a conservative figure.
Yep, I agree. The number of ignorant inbred pillhead idiots is probably much higher for Greene County. Our public schools are failing miserably.

“my haters inspire me”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 7, 2013
 
Someone doesn't have enough to do today.
They have a plan

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 7, 2013
 
What in the hell did any of that have to do with the dam?
Yep

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 8, 2013
 
According to the OP we need to "chean" out the local dam and build a bigger jail in order to have a "plane" for the future. LOL
Bobbaker

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 10, 2013
 
Why did we allow silt to fill in the lake above the damn they say its only 4 feet deep . Seems to me we owe it to ourselves to use the bounty of water flow from the river to make cheap power for the city and surrounding areas . Its there why not open up the intake and let the river clean itself out . Why not if the fish are blocked now what harm could it do ?
Yep

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Bobbaker wrote:
Why did we allow silt to fill in the lake above the damn they say its only 4 feet deep . Seems to me we owe it to ourselves to use the bounty of water flow from the river to make cheap power for the city and surrounding areas . Its there why not open up the intake and let the river clean itself out . Why not if the fish are blocked now what harm could it do ?
The TVA owns the dam, not Greeneville. If you do a little research you can find out about the various different options they have considered. For now, they have chosen the cheapest option...which is to do nothing.

BTW- The intakes were filled with concrete years ago...no way to open them.
You are right

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 10, 2013
 
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
The TVA owns the dam, not Greeneville. If you do a little research you can find out about the various different options they have considered. For now, they have chosen the cheapest option...which is to do nothing.
BTW- The intakes were filled with concrete years ago...no way to open them.
The turbines that were new ones, just installed at the time were also filled with concrete as well! A guy wanted to lease it, TVA would not agree to that, but found it a better choice not only to close it, but make it inoperable?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••