Citizen of Greene County

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Jan 23, 2014
Are they going to do anything about the family at the water dept
stealing, lying, cheating, changing records, forged signatures?
If they don't are we the citizens going to sit back and let it be swept under the rug?
Why didn't the commissioners, catch this? How did this go on this long?

I think when election time comes, we need to clean house in Greene County.
I am talking all positions. If we don't start standing up for the County and our self
I don't know what is going to happen. If that was a regular citizen like me, I would
be put under the Jail. Now they are selling their property.

Wonder why????
Fed up

Greeneville, TN

#2 Jan 23, 2014
Well all I know is that the wheels of justice turn extremely slow in this county for some people. But I couldn't agree more about getting some fresh leadership here. I don't have all the answers but I do know that other counties in the area are expanding and building infrastructure and Greene county has deteriorating vacant buildings and roads that are going to hell. I mean the streets around here are like driving through obstacle coarses. Look at morristown for instance. Somebody is doing something right there. Elections are like putting band aids on the problem! Elect who ever, but If you want to get to the source, then you HAVE to start with who's really running this county and that is the Greene County Partnership.
question

Greeneville, TN

#3 Jan 23, 2014
Citizen of Greene County wrote:
If they don't are we the citizens going to sit back and let it be swept under the rug?
I am talking all positions. If we don't start standing up for the County and our self
I don't know what is going to happen. If that was a regular citizen like me, I would
Wonder why????
Isn't John Carter both the president of Chuckey water dept AND a commissioner?
moreques

Greeneville, TN

#6 Jan 24, 2014
toilet brush wrote:
Yeah. Go ask him how this happened though since it's his responsibility and he's totally clueless. He should of been on top of this the entire time instead of claiming ignorance and playing the victim.
Di we know the amount of control the board/president has in governing allocation of funds I.e. would the board/president have 'approved' this 'alleged' over spending? or at least should have been aware? Why is this responsible person/entity [board vs president] not being more publicly exposed along with 'the family'?
South Greene Resident

Jonesborough, TN

#8 Jan 26, 2014
Citizen of Greene County wrote:
Wonder why????
It's the tip of the iceberg. Unfortunately, there are not enough people who can say much...because most everyone in this Godforsaken place is stealing or lying or cheating their employer or the public in some form or fashion. When I turn on the news each night I cringe to hear the shameful acts being committed in Greeneville. For such a small town we are getting a lot of bad press.(Not that it is not deserved.) Now, if the stars of Duck Dynasty were under fire, the morons of Greeneville would rise up and protest. But it is just our tax dollars, productivity, and economy at stake, so they go back to watching the tube or texting. I am busy trying to get out of here. This community is bad for my state of mind. I can't seem to use my brain to try and make a difference here because there aren't enough brain cells among the average Greeneville resident to form a thought. If you have a brain that has not been warped by this place, put it to good use and figure a way out.
Citizen of Greene County

Greeneville, TN

#9 Jan 30, 2014
I totally agree with each one of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ted Cruz for president 9 min Chilli J 116
when we die 18 min z0neCrew 42
curse 24 min Independent1 40
Teach the Controversy!!!!!!!!!! 28 min Chilli J 13
Poll What unversaty you atend? 32 min z0neCrew 29
WHAT R ALL U Silent Viewers Reading??? (Apr '14) 37 min Maverick 808 325
Tracey Michelle Cutshall Berryhill Holt 46 min really 13

Hard Freeze Warning for Greene County was issued at March 28 at 8:15PM CDT

Greeneville Dating
Find my Match