#110858 Nov 27, 2013
123pictures wrote:
Olivia would like carp.
I thought she WAS a carp!
Bullchtcaller

Knoxville, TN

#110859 Nov 27, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>how come when things go south your post disappear ?
That's easy. She is very, very slow mionded so she is always a page or two behind. Plus the Mo(fro)ther Jones and Huffington Post are hard sites for her to find her talking points, so she is always about a day behind.
Dreamin

Johnson City, TN

#110860 Nov 27, 2013
Bullchtcaller wrote:
<quoted text>That's easy. She is very, very slow mionded so she is always a page or two behind. Plus the Mo(fro)ther Jones and Huffington Post are hard sites for her to find her talking points, so she is always about a day behind.
Shes got to sleep off the booze every once in a while and then get over the hangover daily.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#110861 Nov 27, 2013
do you know wrote:
<quoted text> You ARE ONE SORRY EXCUSE FOR A VET!
Take a hike, moron. Welfare check late?
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#110862 Nov 27, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>I'm talking about the Palestinian refugees, who are poor and without a place to live(unless you call living under a piece of canvas a place to live). Yet you think these refugees have tonnes of money so much that they have discretionary spending that they give money to the PLO.
Most people that give money to the PLO are foreign governments. Kinda like the IDF and their apartheid gov., they recieve their money and bombs and bullets even the fuel that drives their war machine from America, paid for by you and I.
When I watch the young adult Palestinian throwing rocks with a sling(as their village is being demolished) it always reminds me of David when he slew Goliath. But when I see these young "Davids" get hit in the head with a rubber bullet I am returned to reality as now they are either dead or have TBI.
These same Palestinian refugees that you have such empathy for were cheering from rooftops when 911 caused the deaths of 3000 plus innocent Americans. The suicide bombers of innocent Israeli children come from these refugees. We will have to agree to disagree on this one, D.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#110863 Nov 27, 2013
TN Voter wrote:
I was at food city yesterday... A woman and her kids were in the checkout line... Two baskets of groceries were piled up... I waited and waited and I was fine with that, but when she whipped out that govt food card my stomach turned... This broad bought steaks, chicken, two turkeys, you name it, she had it... I thought about the 56 million on food stamps and wondered just how many really need it and how so many abuse it... I spent 118.00 on coffee, turkey, some seasonings, and a few other things!!! No food card for me... So anyways I forgot a few things so I go back and the lines are full of folks... I noticed 3 more using food cards... I asked one if she had a job, she said nope... Oh well... It makes me sick.. Taxed to death, feed my own children and folks in food cards will eat better then me and the ones who actually paid for it... I hate to see any American do without, but I also realize that if you give someone something for nothing that does nothing that you're taking away from those who do everything but have nothing.... Happy Thanksgiving retirees, taxpayers, soldiers and folks who do!!
The liberal Democrats are to blame for this, Tn. Voter. This atrocity of Americans working to pay for Americans who won't work and who, in many states, get more on welfare than the an average school teacher's wages will be coming to a halt next year. Big change on the way, this time change for the better. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#110864 Nov 27, 2013
We got a couple of inches of SNOW last night, and it is still snowing as I am typing this. SNOW is a four lettered word and especially so before Thanksgiving !
Speaking of Thanksgiving, I want to wish everyone a happy and a healthy Thanksgiving !
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#110865 Nov 27, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Linda I would prefer to keep religion out of this, since religion to me is the root of all evil. Maybe someday that will change as I pray to God every night that it does.
But as far as influence of some PAC's in Washington D.C., AIPAC by far is the most powerful. It does not matter if you are a Democrat or Republican, both will do what AIPAC wants. Israel controls our Mid-East foreign policy.
Um, D., you pray to God every night but you think religion is the root of all evil. That's quite a dichotomy you have there.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#110866 Nov 27, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
We got a couple of inches of SNOW last night, and it is still snowing as I am typing this. SNOW is a four lettered word and especially so before Thanksgiving !
Speaking of Thanksgiving, I want to wish everyone a happy and a healthy Thanksgiving !
No snow here, OT, but they are predicting ice pellets today. Happy Thanksgiving to you too, old warrior.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#110867 Nov 27, 2013
"after targeting scandal

"The Obama administration launched an attempt Tuesday to rein in the same class of politically active non-profit groups the IRS was accused of targeting last summer.

Under the proposed new rules, organizations that fall under the tax-exempt 501(c)(4) umbrella would also be more clearly identified during campaigns. The new guidance would curtail activities such as running ads, distributing campaign literature and other get-out-the-vote initiatives.

The groups in question are able to raise millions of dollars to influence elections.

Smaller organizations that are similarly classified were the subject of unfair targeting practices earlier this year by IRS employees, leading to the eventual resignations of several senior IRS officials.

However, it could be several years before any regulations are finalized, meaning the groups could likely still raise millions before next year’s elections.

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp, R-Mich., says he’s skeptical about the administration's move.

"There continues to be an ongoing investigation, with many documents yet to be uncovered, into how the IRS systematically targeted and abused conservative-leaning groups," he said in a written statement. "This smacks of the administration trying to shut down potential critics."

The American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), which is representing 41 organizations in a federal lawsuit challenging the IRS, says the proposed regulation change puts free speech rights of Americans at risk.

“This is a feeble attempt by the Obama Administration to justify its own wrong-doing with the IRS targeting of conservative and Tea Party groups,” attorney Jay Sekulow said in a written statement.“Instead of holding those responsible for the unlawful targeting scheme accountable for their actions, the Obama Administration is determined to further limit the free speech of Americans by attempting to change constitutional practices that are decades old.”

The beat goes on.
123pictures

Lewisburg, TN

#110868 Nov 27, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Um, D., you pray to God every night but you think religion is the root of all evil. That's quite a dichotomy you have there.
Greed and the love of MONEY is the root of all evil.Money is necessary to live in this world.
Religion is a choice.One of our rights,Freedom to choose.But money sometimes takes precedence over right from wrong.
Wrong wins as wrong will always be sin.Sin is ever among us.
Dunlapian,I think you are a good guy.
Religion should not be used as a tool in bickering.It has it's place.Not to be used as a whipping tool over our heads.
We were given Christianity at the beginning of this world to have something to pray to and hold up as spiritual when the need arises.
The churches were established to worship just as marriage was established to determine property rights and who owns what during the KINGS days .
The establishing of land and marriage protected the man's family when necessary.You know Kings had many wives.
Religion does belong in politics because God expects us all to take part in community and to live in harmony and to live by good laws .We should support our systems as long as our systems support us in return.And we should elect good and righteous leaders to see that laws are respected.Otherwise ,heathens would take over.We see by crime today that we cannot live withour laws now.
Some do not believe but for those of us who do heaven is our city waiting.Thank you for praying.Your prayers are heard.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#110869 Nov 27, 2013
Ornery wrote:
SexySassySenior wrote:
Wonder if the Teapublicans in Congress will be chomping at the bit to send our Troops to Central Africa. If they do, I think the TEAbaggers and their Relatives ought to go first!
----------
EXCUSE ME---The Teapublicans as you call us (excuse my language)are the only ones that is going to fix the damn mess you sorry ass liberals have gotten us in to,. It certainly will not be the democrats or your precious leader Obama.
Bush and Cheney, the Ones who got us into this mess, were Democrats??? You must watch Fox Fake News as your only source of information!
Another "enlightened" Teapublican who never knew, nor cared, that we even had a Gov't., or that we were in 2 Wars at the same time and other People Kids were being killed so that Big Oil could get Iraq's Oil Rights...until a Black Man got elected President. Then, all of a sudden, you woke up!
People like you thoroughly disgust me, TEAbagger!
Now, start thumping your Bible...that you've NEVER read...and start waving the Constitution that you've never read because you can't understand it and, until recently, had no idea who wrote it or why...and you still think it only applies to you, however you want it to, but not to anybody else!
Have you figured out, yet , that the World doesn't end at the TN State Line? I doubt it!
BTW, Jesus was an Arab, do you know that? He wasn't lily-white! Now, go lie down before you faint! We'll continue the history lesson later, about what happened in all the years BEFORE Obama got elected, when you came out of your lifelong comatose state, you poor ignorant thing!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#110870 Nov 27, 2013
TN Voter wrote:
I was at food city yesterday... A woman and her kids were in the checkout line... Two baskets of groceries were piled up... I waited and waited and I was fine with that, but when she whipped out that govt food card my stomach turned... This broad bought steaks, chicken, two turkeys, you name it, she had it... I thought about the 56 million on food stamps and wondered just how many really need it and how so many abuse it... I spent 118.00 on coffee, turkey, some seasonings, and a few other things!!! No food card for me... So anyways I forgot a few things so I go back and the lines are full of folks... I noticed 3 more using food cards... I asked one if she had a job, she said nope... Oh well... It makes me sick.. Taxed to death, feed my own children and folks in food cards will eat better then me and the ones who actually paid for it... I hate to see any American do without, but I also realize that if you give someone something for nothing that does nothing that you're taking away from those who do everything but have nothing.... Happy Thanksgiving retirees, taxpayers, soldiers and folks who do!!
WOW.... after months of reading how food stamp recipients spend the dollars on their cards to buy drugs, and "soda" for the "soda man" you actually found a couple of real food stamp recipients buying .....GASP !!!.......food ????? How could this be happening ? What a scandal. Then you asked one if she had a job !
Because I go out to work weekdays and Saturday mornings, I am often asked by my better half to pick up grocery items on my way home, so I am in the grocery store more than occasionally. I have enough trouble getting the correct item, size, brand name, expiration date and making sure I have everything she wanted, and enough cash to pay and not write a check, without spending my time examining what other shoppers are buying, or how, let alone inquiring if they have a job. It is SO good to know there are others who can multi-task AND report the results of their investigations on Topix !
123pictures

Lewisburg, TN

#110871 Nov 27, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Take a hike, moron. Welfare check late?
I kinda' thought the manure might be healthier than the carp.
Nothing like old stinking carp on a creek bank rotting.

The poster has no sense of humor.

We have to throw out our little snippets too.We sure catch our part when something goes wrong in Washington.

He blamed Boehner for shut down when he should have set down ,looked at his "namesake" careplan.
He was wrong and now it is all coming out to bite him in the butt.He should have been open for listening whether he agreed or not,he never even took the time to listen.
I didn't like Boehner but after the fiasco ,I see now the man was trying to get it across that Obamacare was not there yet.
Now,corporations are suing for things they feel are not right.
Birth control will come into play.Why should companies get into the birth control buisness when many employees already have families established??
Omama drama is everyday thing now.
It has many issues to be disclosed yet.He is costing this country more than he is worth.Not qualified to be president.No wonder Clinton pulled away.Red flags EVERYWHERE..

Location hidden

#110872 Nov 27, 2013
Barry Obama Is a Failure wrote:
<quoted text>
As someone mentioned, ask the criminal Eric Holder why he released thousands of automatic weapons to the Mexican cartels. Fast and Furious was an operation that received his stamp of approval, but Eric Holder the criminal, and the community organizer sealed their documents so as to stymie any investigation. Did I say stymie? This was not a reference to the Little Rascals...Stymie was an honest young man unlike the criminals blocking this investigation.
what did I tell you? They've already started blaming the Obama Administration BEFORE anybody has been killed. Hopefully, Nobody will. But, there's a shortage of Border Agents because the TEApublicans won't lift the Sequester Cuts, which Obama has asked them to do...so that we can hire the needed amount of People to run the Gov't. and to protect us and our Borders, there's a really good likelihood that SOMEBODY will get hurt and/or die and it will be the TEApublicans fault! But, the TEApublicans NEVER take responsibility for ANYTHING they cause...THEY ALWAYS BLAME IT ON OBAMA!
Example...WHERE ARE THE JOBS THAT THEY TEAPUBLICAN PROMISED? they haven't created the first one! Every job that been created, has been created by OBAMA, NOT THE TEAPUBLICANS! The TEApublicans won't even mention jobs, much less talk about how to create any! And to add insult to Injury, they OBSTRUCT, or try to, ANYTHING that Obama wants , or tries, to do to create more jobs!
As Obama said this week, THE TEAPUBLICAN CONGRESS IS AN IMPEDIMENT! An impediment to job growth and to strengthening our
Economy! We would already have been out of this mess, that BUSH/CHENEY CAUSED, if the TEApublican Congress had gotten out of the way. They have done NOTHING but obstruct, obstruct, obstruct and that's ALL they will even do as long as they are the Majority in the House! VOTE THE BUMS OUT!

Location hidden

#110873 Nov 27, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and yours also, OT!:)

Location hidden

#110874 Nov 27, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Um, D., you pray to God every night but you think religion is the root of all evil. That's quite a dichotomy you have there.
Your first mistake, of many, is believing that Religion and a Belief in a Higher Power, or GOD, is all one and the same! IT IS NOT!
That, alone, proves how stupid you REALLY are!
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

#110875 Nov 27, 2013
WOLF BLITZER, November 26, 2013: Some disturbing poll numbers, Gloria, for the president today. Our new CNN/ORC poll asked an opinion of the president right now. Look at how it's collapsed, 12 points since May. Can he manage government, 52% said "yes" in May. Forty percent said "yes" right now. That's a pretty disturbing number.

Disturbing? No media bias here. Let's flash back to the time Bush's approval rating hit Obama levels:

BLITZER, MARCH 13, 2006: It's 4 p.m. here in Washington. So you're getting the first look right now at our brand-new poll. The president's job approval rating has taken a downward turn again, falling to only 36%.[break] This represents his lowest rating ever in the CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll.

I guess ole Wolf wasn't too disturbed. Except Wolf wasn't done with Bush:

“The president's poll numbers are pretty bad, pretty awful right now, rock bottom as far as the CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll.”

“His approval and policies now are at new lows.”

“The president's job approval number in this new CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll, rock bottom, the lowest it's ever been.”

“It's 5 p.m. here in Washington where President Bush takes a beating in our latest poll. His approval rating at a low ebb.”

“Our latest CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll just out in the past hour shows the president at an all-time low. That's rock bottom as far as our poll is concerned.”

But not disturbing.

Location hidden

#110876 Nov 27, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> WOW.... after months of reading how food stamp recipients spend the dollars on their cards to buy drugs, and "soda" for the "soda man" you actually found a couple of real food stamp recipients buying .....GASP !!!.......food ????? How could this be happening ? What a scandal. Then you asked one if she had a job !
Because I go out to work weekdays and Saturday mornings, I am often asked by my better half to pick up grocery items on my way home, so I am in the grocery store more than occasionally. I have enough trouble getting the correct item, size, brand name, expiration date and making sure I have everything she wanted, and enough cash to pay and not write a check, without spending my time examining what other shoppers are buying, or how, let alone inquiring if they have a job. It is SO good to know there are others who can multi-task AND report the results of their investigations on Topix !
AMEN, OT! It's astounding to me how ignorant and nosy some People are, when if they would spend as much time and attention on their own Lives as they do on everybody else's, they would have MORE than they could handle!
I've never understood why the People that they are nosing into their personal, private business don't tell them where to go! All I can figure is that the People who are the subject of their ignorant actions, must be a lot more sophisticated, intelligent, and well-mannered that their Inquisitors are.
I'm not that sophisticated, myself, because I'd tell them to mind their own damn business, and a few other choice things, in a heartbeat, without even taking time to breathe! And I have done it, on occasion...not over something like that, but other things! The really ignorant ones, just let it go right over their heads, like they don't even have sense enough to understand that they need to shut up before they get their face slapped! At that point , one has to decide...are they worth a criminal charge or, does one just chalk them up to be brain-dead Heathens that aren't worth spitting on, and ignore them and go on about One's way? Most of the time, I've chosen the latter!
Dreamin

Johnson City, TN

#110877 Nov 27, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush and Cheney, the Ones who got us into this mess, were Democrats??? You must watch Fox Fake News as your only source of information!
Another "enlightened" Teapublican who never knew, nor cared, that we even had a Gov't., or that we were in 2 Wars at the same time and other People Kids were being killed so that Big Oil could get Iraq's Oil Rights...until a Black Man got elected President. Then, all of a sudden, you woke up!
People like you thoroughly disgust me, TEAbagger!
Now, start thumping your Bible...that you've NEVER read...and start waving the Constitution that you've never read because you can't understand it and, until recently, had no idea who wrote it or why...and you still think it only applies to you, however you want it to, but not to anybody else!
Have you figured out, yet , that the World doesn't end at the TN State Line? I doubt it!
BTW, Jesus was an Arab, do you know that? He wasn't lily-white! Now, go lie down before you faint! We'll continue the history lesson later, about what happened in all the years BEFORE Obama got elected, when you came out of your lifelong comatose state, you poor ignorant thing!
Your world ends at the edge of the computer screen dingbat. Go scratch some lottery tickets and try to start paying your way. Your as crazy as a loon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
when we die 5 min auntie 81
let's start this 6 min TrollingAintEasy 21
More POOR DRIVING! 22 min theangryguy 10
The Immorality of Jesus Christ 23 min z0neCrew 7
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 33 min Trunketeer 7,686
ty for slandering 41 min please 28
Atheist/agnostic atrocities 42 min theangryguy 108
Born This Way? 49 min shapeshift 31
What do Christians do at night in the bible belt? 1 hr Sinner 20
WHAT R ALL U Silent Viewers Reading??? (Apr '14) 2 hr Skeeter Mathews 358