Ornery

Sparta, TN

#106824 Nov 6, 2013
olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
We, who dwell in serfdom...We, the great unwashed,..We, the undeserving, leaches lurking in the shadow of the 47%, we, the females who bear this as a preexisting condition, we, the working class that rely on the uber lords for our daily bread, come prepared to speak truth to the uber riche who wish to enslave us.
You are kind of sick. pre-existing conditions""" dail bread, enslave us,,,, sick sick sick

First of all if you have a pre-existing condition, fine Obamacare will take care of it. Does this pre-exiting condition prevent you from working. If you do not want to eat our handouts then get off you duff and work for a paycheck that will surely set you FREE ----FREE at Last... Being a stooge for the democratic /liberal party will not get you out of slavery to them.
Ornery

Sparta, TN

#106825 Nov 6, 2013
olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness, one whose medium is lies calls another a liar......
HEY---unless you are also deaf and dumb, Obama has lied outright to the American people then he comes back and lies to us about him lying before. He is a Liar.

Boy there are several version of Liar in this post.
MadScientist

North Augusta, SC

#106826 Nov 6, 2013
Fortune 500 fry cook wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get your figures?
How much does a volcano spew into the air?
Do the Earth’s volcanoes emit more CO2 than human activities? Research findings indicate that the answer to this frequently asked question is a clear and unequivocal,“No.” Human activities, responsible for a projected 35 billion metric tons (gigatons) of CO2 emissions in 2010 (Friedlingstein et al., 2010), release an amount of CO2 that dwarfs the annual CO2 emissions of all the world’s degassing subaerial and submarine volcanoes (Gerlach, 2011).

Maybe you can come up with a way to stop volcanic eruptions, that will help a little, but not much.
Ornery

Sparta, TN

#106827 Nov 6, 2013
olivia wrote:
Looking very good for DEMS in 2014 and 2016...If Obama does not start 2 unnecessary wars and give a trillion dollars to wallstreet, then I feel good about DeMS kickiing GOP butts.
What do you think he is doing to wallstreet. He is giving them a bailout in the form of more printed money. This turn keeps interest rates low so they can make money on their stocks. You If Obama Does NOT for the first time,,, I see a crack in that shield he has put foth.. Another nite or two you might just turn to someone who can really help you. The conservatives.
Ornery

Sparta, TN

#106828 Nov 6, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
The election of two governors last night ended as polling predicted they would. Blue state New Jersey elected a Republican and red state Virginia elected a Democrat, proving that wins can be had by the opposing party in unlikely places. At first blush, neither of these men seem to fit the electorate that voted for them.
I was much more interested in the race in Alabama where establishment Republicans made a stand against a tea party candidate and the moderate (for Alabama) won. Look for this template to be used again as establishment Republicans move to take the party back from the radical right.
Excuse me, Virginia is considered Purple. With it influx of liberals from the DC area (across the river) there is no hope for it. Besides TN has had several Democratic/s(somewhat ) liberal governors. Gov. like Phil Bredisen actually helped TN get our financing back in order. My hat is off to him.

You see, a conservative democrat/republican mostly does what is right for the people who elected them but when you get a liberal in there, dem/rep the whole state has problems.

Was it you talking about guns the other night?
Ornery

Sparta, TN

#106829 Nov 6, 2013
MadScientist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the Earth’s volcanoes emit more CO2 than human activities? Research findings indicate that the answer to this frequently asked question is a clear and unequivocal,“No.” Human activities, responsible for a projected 35 billion metric tons (gigatons) of CO2 emissions in 2010 (Friedlingstein et al., 2010), release an amount of CO2 that dwarfs the annual CO2 emissions of all the world’s degassing subaerial and submarine volcanoes (Gerlach, 2011).
Maybe you can come up with a way to stop volcanic eruptions, that will help a little, but not much.
Now how did they measure that,,,sounds like some of Al Gores Sh*t that comes out of his mouth.
Ornery

Sparta, TN

#106830 Nov 6, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>......and now that the Tea Party has been unveiled, the ol' pendulum is starting to swing back to the Left.
Dang where is "Vet" to explain this lil bump in the road?
I believe we call that a shot over the bow. we are just getting started.
gusto

Murfreesboro, TN

#106831 Nov 6, 2013
BILL HASLAM

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#106832 Nov 6, 2013
olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been called many names, so The conservative motto must mirror the same, attack the messenger..
You started the name calling with me. I just replied in kind.
Ornery

Sparta, TN

#106833 Nov 6, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You mean like Bush and Gore, when Gore won the popular vote but lost the election ? Wasn't Nader a factor in that election ?
Interesting !
Thats why we have a electoral college.I mean 16 million people in NYC aloe is more that those in TN. DUH
Ornery

Sparta, TN

#106834 Nov 6, 2013
Bayless wrote:
Isn't THIS just grand!!!
zerO's Health and Human Services Sec. Kathleen Sebelius acknowledged Wednesday that it would be possible for a convicted felon to become an Obamacare navigator.
So, a convicted felon can obtain sensitive personal information on individuals...ahhhh...isn't Obamacare awesome!?!?!?
Which is why I am not signing up...
Pete

Bristol, TN

#106835 Nov 6, 2013
ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe anyone on Topix can justly allege misconduct on your part, Pete. I have always considered you a remarkably patient poster who remains notably measured in retort! As you aptly point out, we have all been slammed with endless live-fire from from hypocritical filth-mongers who issue their well-chosen calls for pleasantry either because they lost a battle or feel forced into yet more ingratiation. It's sickening! The losers who lay wait in the grass do not deserve your reserve. I say this not to encourage a change, but to assure you that you are respected by those capable of grasping the concept! It's actually come to the point where decent people are coerced to apologize for simply having the benefit of a great education, career and business prosperity, honor and more! Beyond that, I say let those hungry for war come prepared!
Thank you for the kind words OW. I truly appreciate them. I also agree with the points you have made. As sincerely as I can state it, my only desire on this forum is to educate and to be educated. I think I have viewpoints that can help, but I also have weaknesses that others can help me with. Everyone has an opinion they would like to share and they should if they feel strongly about it. It is also of my opinion it is ok to disagree with differing viewpoints. However, everything else is simply drama. Sometimes the drama grows to disrespect. This is when nobody benefits.

Again, I am touched by your post. Thank you.
Ornery

Sparta, TN

#106836 Nov 6, 2013
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
"racism" "tea party"
Which housing project drone actually read that from the script? They all look and smell alike, their "thoughts" interchangeable.
Sounds to me like yu describing the Liberal Democratic party of which you are part of....Ah----I get it now,,, a Self Portrait
Ornery

Sparta, TN

#106837 Nov 6, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I have never been a big fan of Al Gore, and I was pretty sure Clinton fatigue and some other issues which I will not go into here would cause Gore to lose the White House.
.....Republicans had a mediocre governor running against a Senator that I respected in the primary. That Governor spent the war years in the Texas Air National Guard, while that Senator was in Southeast Asia, and for part of that time was a POW.....
I watched as Bush trashed McCain unmercifully especially in the South Carolina Primary, and I never had any respect for "W" after that.
I would have given VERY SERIOUS consideration to voting for John McCain if he had been the nominee in that election.....
As I posted, I was not a big Al Gore fan, and what capped that stack was the pick of Joe Lieberman as his running mate....
Eight years later, McCain had moved far to the right AND picked Palin as his running-mate...both non-starters with me.
I still respect McCain and saying that usually ticks off some of my more liberal friends !
"I still respect McCain and saying that usually ticks off some of my more liberal friends !

I doen't see why that is when he is as liberal as you are. When he put Palin on the ticket, he was trying to balance the ticket out, him liberal, her conservative.
Ornery

Sparta, TN

#106838 Nov 6, 2013
olivia wrote:
<quoted text>The civil rights act changed both parties...Prior to the civil rights acy the GOP by and large supported Democratic ideals...The Civil rights act changed all of that..The GOP adopted an oppositional stance and morphed into a party entirely different...They are not the GOP of Lincoln any more...The Civil rights act changed the game for them.
you are really not "right Bright" are you. The democrats were totally against the civil rights act. and the GOP did push it through congress. Dah...... They have continued to enslave you and the minions(in their minds) by keeping you on handouts. The buy your vote plain and simple. You don't have to think about, learn the facts, just vote for the person feeding, housing,giving you all your dreams. Small dreams uh
Pete

Bristol, TN

#106839 Nov 6, 2013
Ornery wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think he is doing to wallstreet. He is giving them a bailout in the form of more printed money. This turn keeps interest rates low so they can make money on their stocks. You If Obama Does NOT for the first time,,, I see a crack in that shield he has put foth.. Another nite or two you might just turn to someone who can really help you. The conservatives.
This is probably one of the most insightful posts I have read on here. Now I am not so sure about Obama having that much control of the Fed, but interest rates being kept low and easy access to money are two of the main reasons for Wall Street success during a recessionary economy. Where else are investors going to place their money? And on a global level, with many other nations in economic turmoil, the U.S. stock market is an attractive venue for investments. The minute interest rates start creeping up and the minute the Fed starts easing back on bond purchases, watch what the market will do. I don't blame the Fed for doing what they are doing, they simply want to jump start the economy. But after this long, it is clear this strategy isn't working. In my opinion, it is not working because the institutions who can get this low interest money are not feeding it to the people who will spend it. I don't know all the reasons for this, but I do know some of them are because of stricter regulations regarding lending money and the hesitancy of people to enter into debt agreements.

I would propose funneling this money straight to the spenders. I would suggest how to do this, but I do not want to stir up a Topix controversy tonight. I will wait until martini night to do this :)
Ornery

Sparta, TN

#106840 Nov 6, 2013
olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like your hoods and Robes.
As I stated before,,,,you are the racist and race-baiter and the racemonger. You and your liberal party.
Ornery

Sparta, TN

#106841 Nov 6, 2013
2 universtity dgrees wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one? "racist"? "misogynist"? "sexist"? "the Rich"?
Imbecile.
Another pretty word. bet she don't know what it means or maybe just maybe she does. Another self-portrait

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#106842 Nov 6, 2013
national enquirer wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you have flown a A4 Skyhawk like he did while have a sam missiles shot at you.
He wasn't shot down! He crashed his plane! He, also, got special treatment as a POW too, because of who his Daddy was. Things such as a nice bed, pillow, and blanket while he was in the hospital.

And don't say that is not true because I saw it myself on the TV, when the Red Cross was talking to him in his Hospital Bed. The other POWs got thrown back into their mud floor cells to recuperate on their straw mats on that mud floor.

Then, when he came home to the Wife who had stuck by him during all of that, he divorced her, when she had a slightly disfiguring car accident.

What a Guy, huh!
Ornery

Sparta, TN

#106843 Nov 6, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
This is probably one of the most insightful posts I have read on here. Now I am not so sure about Obama having that much control of the Fed, but interest rates being kept low and easy access to money are two of the main reasons for Wall Street success during a recessionary economy. Where else are investors going to place their money? And on a global level, with many other nations in economic turmoil, the U.S. stock market is an attractive venue for investments. The minute interest rates start creeping up and the minute the Fed starts easing back on bond purchases, watch what the market will do. I don't blame the Fed for doing what they are doing, they simply want to jump start the economy. But after this long, it is clear this strategy isn't working. In my opinion, it is not working because the institutions who can get this low interest money are not feeding it to the people who will spend it. I don't know all the reasons for this, but I do know some of them are because of stricter regulations regarding lending money and the hesitancy of people to enter into debt agreements.
I would propose funneling this money straight to the spenders. I would suggest how to do this, but I do not want to stir up a Topix controversy tonight. I will wait until martini night to do this :)
You got it Pete: Thanks and might I add.

Yes, we need to get it to the people who can spend it in many forms. Only then will the economy start growing. But now we have Obamacare that is going to cost most all 90+% our citizens more money with les to spend on other things. I really do think he wants it (the economy) to fail so he can take control of it. Hope I am wrong.

p.s. Don't worry about where you are from,,,not to many on this thread has the knowledge and the ability to teach others like you do. thanks again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
High School Homecoming Traditions 22 min beltonGurl 10
Brock Obama "the black momba" 28 min Sherlock 1
What do think about free mansions 35 min Sherlock 1
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 58 min Jennifer Renee 4,543
Renee Fillers and Matthew Blow 59 min Friend 20
Kyle moore 1 hr curious 3
Paradise 1 hr beltonGurl 4
Greeneville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Greeneville Jobs

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance