Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#99500 Sep 30, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
BTW Tim, what's your Daughter and 4 Grandkids going to do when the Teapublicans cut out the Food Stamps, that you claim they use to have food to eat?
No one is eliminating Food Stamps, and the libby scare tactics, as usual, don't phase anyone except the lemmings who believe everything Barry says.

Since: Feb 13

Guild

#99501 Sep 30, 2013
Founder's Quote of the Day:

"[A] wise and frugal government ... shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicities."

–Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address, 1801
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#99502 Sep 30, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"Justice Department to Sue North Carolina Over Voting Law."
Click here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/justic...
The criminal Holder hasn't said anything yet about California's proposal to allow non-citizens to serve on juries.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#99503 Sep 30, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Here we go, Folks! Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride!
----------
"Futures Fall Sharply As U.S. Careens Toward Shutdown."
Click here:
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/futu...
The historical market losses are documented per past government shutdowns...nothing new. There could be a 2-3% market setback today. If you knew anything about investing, you'd know that today is also an end of a quarter, and investors will be booking profits/gains today anyway, and starting anew later this week for the next quarter.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#99504 Sep 30, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
Founder's Quote of the Day:
"[A] wise and frugal government ... shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicities."
–Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address, 1801
Great quote. Too bad Barry Obama doesn't agree with one word of it.

Location hidden

#99505 Sep 30, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Well Linda I'm glad I just visited, Great Smoky Mountains, NATIONAL PARK. I guess all those very nice Park Rangers will not be able to support their familys. I guess but not sure they will be going to the unemployment center to get paid.......not sure how all of this will work, but I do know one thing if they do pull from the unemployment pot, that is our tax dollars, going out to them, all because the TeaBaggers want so bad to shut down ObamaCare which is legal.....and tomorrow the American people will start to see just what the GOP has been trying to hide from them.
Now I am very lucky to have my own private Health Insurance but don't think I won't be looking to see just what I might get, like better coverage at a even lower price or if I even qualify, but I will check.
Good Morning, Dunlapian. I feel sorry for all the People who will lose their jobs, especially during this time, when the Majority of the People who even have jobs, are barely getting by and so many who can't get by , even with a Job, without some Government Assistance.
Also, I posted an AP Article that said Meat Inspectors would NOT be affected...but every other Source that I've read and there have been many, have ALL said that Meat Inspectors WILL be affected and that the Meat coming across our borders for Public Consumption in this Country, Will NOT be inspected! If it's allowed in without Inspection, even though very little of it is inspected now, wonder how long it will be until the Imported Meat starts making People sick or killing them! That E-coli is some nasty stuff, I'm tellin' ya!
I'm not buying any meat until this is all over. I plan on eating what I already have in the freezer and if the Gov't. is still shut down when that's all gone, I guess I'll go vegetarian!
I remember very well when Newt Gingrich shut the Gov't. down and it was not pleasant....and it hurt a lot of People.
I hadn't thought about the Tax Money-Funded Unemployment Benefits that will be depleted in this State. That's going to be another unnecessary Problem that TN. will have to deal with! Mercy!
Just hang on, People! I don't know what else to say....and VOTE DEMOCRAT next time!

Location hidden

#99506 Sep 30, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Linda I think even more Americans will blame the GOP than this site stated.
Wait until tomorrow when they start seeing what the GOP has been trying to cover-up with Obama Care, and they stare signing up with these Exchanges.
When Karl Rove tells them it's a bad idea, and they still want to shut it down, one has to wonder, "is anybody at the helm"?
HELLO is anybody there?
I couldn't agree more!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#99507 Sep 30, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
I don't know if One can sue a Member of Congress, personally, by if One can, every Person who is harmed by the Gov't. shutting down, should sue each and every Tea Party Member of the House...not as a Member of the House, but as a Private Citizen who did them harm...and don't leave out the Two Senators, Cruz and that other POS Senator that signed the Bill!
Elected officials are immune from lawsuits for voting for or against a bill, even if that vote shuts down the government. There are GOOD reasons why this is the case. If citizens could sue elected officials, the courts would be clogged with lawsuits against Obama every time he signed a bill into law, proposed legislation, made an executive decision, appointed someone, played golf, walked his dog......sneezed !

Location hidden

#99508 Sep 30, 2013
here now wrote:
<quoted text>
Or we could all just open a container of cottage cheese to save you the effort.
Yeah, but my little dimples are so much cuter...and so soft and warm!:)

I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours! Lol!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#99509 Sep 30, 2013
Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...it will be dire straits....just like with Sequestration! The World came to an end with Sequestration - remember!?!?!?
I have a friend who WORKED as a D.O.D. contractor he is laid off due to sequestration, and for him and his family..........But I guess, since it's not you or your family, the world didn't end right ?
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#99511 Sep 30, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I have a friend who WORKED as a D.O.D. contractor he is laid off due to sequestration, and for him and his family..........But I guess, since it's not you or your family, the world didn't end right ?
No. And neither did his.

Millions have been laid off in the private sector.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#99512 Sep 30, 2013
More from the "religion of peace":

Islamist militants stormed a college in northeastern Nigeria and shot dead around 40 male students, some of them while they slept

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/gunmen-kill-least-26...
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#99513 Sep 30, 2013
In fact, we need Sequestration II.

Cut the dead wood.

I find it amusing that adherents of Keynesian economics always love to spend other people's money...but when that money runs out - and it always does - they cry foul.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#99514 Sep 30, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I have a friend who WORKED as a D.O.D. contractor he is laid off due to sequestration, and for him and his family..........But I guess, since it's not you or your family, the world didn't end right ?
It's a sad day whenever anyone loses a fulltime job. Let's remember that the SEQUESTRATION was Barry's idea. It was his good idea before it was his bad idea. That has been documented, so the next time Barry makes a proposal, ya better nip it in the bud.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#99515 Sep 30, 2013
Bayless wrote:
More from the "religion of peace":
Islamist militants stormed a college in northeastern Nigeria and shot dead around 40 male students, some of them while they slept
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/gunmen-kill-least-26...
And Barry Obama refuses to "Islamist Terrorists". Christians being murdered and mutilated on a daily basis by scum, and Obama won't call them by name. What a disgrace.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#99516 Sep 30, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been shouting from the rooftops for the past three years. How has that worked out for you? Before you have a complete aneurysm, you said the exact same things before the sequester. How long ago was that? You're still alive, the sun still rises in the East, there is still a Republican party, etc. Here's a news flash, Republicans don't listen to you shouting from the rooftops.
I personally do not want a government shutdown and I do not agree with toying with the ACA to bring focus to the debt problem we face. In my opinion, I would have asked for cuts in other places as a way to gain more fiscal responsibility. However, the constituents who voted in the Tea Party members voted them in to take a stand on government spending. They didn't vote them in to simply go along with whatever liberals want to do.
If you will remember, the last time we were up against a fiscal cliff, the congress agreed to raise taxes on the wealthy in exchange for a promise to look at spending cuts in the future. This promise disappeared the second the debt limit was raised. In fact, spending is going to increase exponentially with the ACA.
All the senate had to do was send back a bill that kept the ACA intact but offered some cuts in other places. A good starting point would be eliminating the sponsorship of the Moroccan pottery industry, or eliminating TV Marti, or reducing the number of federal agencies overseeing catfish, etc. Instead, the house received a bill with no cuts whatsoever. Nancy Pelosi has even said there are no more cuts to make. I guess she thinks broadcasting a tv program encouraging democracy to Cuba that not one Cuban has even seen if a worthy cause. Sending back a bill with some cuts would have appeased the congress and kept the ACA intact. However, the senate is just as uncompromising as the house.
It is a lack of compromise on BOTH sides that has led to this impasse. You want all things liberal, so you blame republicans. Republicans on the far right blame the liberals in the senate. Regardless, this standoff is the result of no compromise. The house compromised during the last debt limit expansion and got burned. They are going to be a little more wary this time around.
Go ahead and scream your lungs out, but nothing is going to get resolved until a COMPROMISE is reached. Once again, I am not in favor of using the ACA as a bargaining chip even though I think it is more disastrous to our economy than a government shutdown. We have lived through 17 of these before you know. One of them resulted in a balanced budget. Also, those who miss out on a paycheck will most probably get retroactively paid. Look at the results of other shutdowns before screaming bloody murder.
Good Morning Pete;
I agree with you not to toy with the ACA(I'm starting to like the term ObamaCare) to bring focus to our debt problem. I myself would like to make cuts in bomb making......and all those deadly things that go along with war. We have more than enough killing machines to keep us safe.
Now getting rid of Radio/TV Marti is a great idea, as the Cuban Government is jamming the signals anyway, last year we spent about $28 million on this, while Nancy Pelosi is against it, Sen. Russ Feingold-D, Sen. Dorgan-D have also offered amendments to strip funding, but due to compromise this did not happen.
Anyway Pete have a good day!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#99518 Sep 30, 2013
Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
No. And neither did his.
Millions have been laid off in the private sector.
Republicans are about to shut down the government and lay off workers in an effort to end Obamacare which they claim will cause layoffs......This is following sequestration which caused LOTS of layoffs.....and which Republicans support.
Every conservative pundit I have ever heard, constantly broadcasts that the uncertainty of Obamacare is killing jobs. On the uncertainty of funding government, raising the debt ceiling, appointing conferees to hammer out a real budget instead of C.R.s, not a word.....No uncertainty there right ?
PLENTY of HYPOCRICY to go around, don't you think ?

BTW, this guy was working on base renovations which have stopped as a result of sequestration, BUT those renovations will eventually have to be completed, and the delays will only cost more money eventually. Penny wise pound foolish ? I think so and at a time when jobs are at a premium, and getting money into the economy should be a top priority in Washington.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#99521 Sep 30, 2013
123pictures wrote:
They,both parties, are simply wanting to making some changes to Obamacare.They are wanting to have one year to do so.Gov ernors need that.Need time to understand it better.Introduce it to companies.
They are not at each other's throats.
No 123, one party want's to kill it, and they have proven that by voting to kill it 42 or 43 times. That is their plan, and a one year delay is designed to do just that.
The Democrats in the Senate are blocking them, and this exercise is an effort in futility, since IF a delay or defunding bill were to pass both houses of congress Obama would veto it anyway. You have to know when to hold em know when to fold em 123. This is no longer a winning strategy for Republicans, no matter what the tea party thinks, and what is left of the "regular" Republicans know it.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#99522 Sep 30, 2013
http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgrego...

Is the press corps getting some guts? Are they finally prepared to challenge the President’s untruthful assertions on facts that are crucial to understanding policy?

None other than NBC’s David Gregory today pressed Obama’s chief economic advisor, Gene Sperling, whether his boss told the truth in the third presidential debate that “the sequester is not something that I’ve proposed. It is something that Congress has proposed.” Sperling finally wilted under the pressure of tough questioning to admit that “yes, in fact, the sequestration was President Obama’s plan.”
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#99525 Sep 30, 2013
123pictures wrote:
They,both parties, are simply wanting to making some changes to Obamacare.They are wanting to have one year to do so.Gov ernors need that.Need time to understand it better.Introduce it to companies.
They are not at each other's throats. Obama HAS to sit down with them ,compromise on both sides.He refuses to do so.
Yes,TEAPUBLICANS shut it down as most areRepublican party members already. It is a good time to raise minimum wage too.
Tim,your family will be fine.
EBT cards,SOC SEC. checks,gov checks will not be affected.Only federal lay offs immediately.
Give it time to get righted.STOP beating it with a stick.Back off,go back to your normal life,let them work in session.You'll be surprised at what will come out of it all in the end.
The Republican Party is the back bone of this country.It's going nowhere.
All things work together ~~~~~
One more observation 123, NEITHER party is the backbone of this country. The backbone of this country is it's middle class which has been diminished by some of the boneheaded moves made by BOTH parties.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who was the best looking people back in the 90s... (Jun '13) 27 min ive had her 46
We must repent as a nation the only way 48 min billyG 10
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr steve 4,162
south greene football 1 hr CampCreeper 70
Any body ever broke in to ur house? 2 hr From Jenny xoxo 12
Tonya bowman is cheating again 6 hr My two cents 18
kimberly harper arrested for assault 6 hr My two cents 2
new sheriff in town made his 1st big change. 6 hr nickel 38
Greene County Commissioners Are So Embarrassing 17 hr resident 63
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••