Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#94084 Aug 21, 2013
Fred wrote:
i farted twice!!
Well, so did the "Pikeville" poster...but the difference is, You know what it is and where it comes from...HE thinks it's spray cologne!

His TEA Bagger Troll Buddies like it...EVERYBODY else calls him "Stinky"!

Location hidden

#94085 Aug 21, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask again, why bother posting the "I'm leaving" posts if that is not your intent? Whatever purpose you had in mind, I don't think it worked.
Oh, I wouldn't be so sure about that, if I were you! It may have been just to see if you're sorry enough to do just exactly what you're doing!
I guess I got my answer!

Location hidden

#94086 Aug 21, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>I heard her husband was a pedophile. They supposedly got married when she was 16. But then ti hear her tell it, he was a good man.
You are a Sick, Demented, Lying MF'er! He has Relatives that live in this County...lots of them...you just better hope that you don't live here!
I'm pretty sure that you DO live here and if I'm right, I would NOT want to be in your shoes, Sue-baby!
Question

Goodlettsville, TN

#94087 Aug 21, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a Sick, Demented, Lying MF'er! He has Relatives that live in this County...lots of them...you just better hope that you don't live here!
I'm pretty sure that you DO live here and if I'm right, I would NOT want to be in your shoes, Sue-baby!
Charming as always. Such a sweet personality. Good morning and have a great day!!

Location hidden

#94088 Aug 21, 2013
Get Lost!

Location hidden

#94089 Aug 21, 2013
"Roger Ailes Fires His 'Right Hand'."

("Ailes is now for the first time in history running Fox News without his top assistant.")

Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/roger-a...

Location hidden

#94090 Aug 21, 2013
How many times does this have to happen before you Gun Nuts wake up and get some sense?
----------
"School Shooting Tragedy Averted In GA.:(VIDEO)."

Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57599385/...
here now

Johnson City, TN

#94091 Aug 21, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
State and federal law requires employers to grant employees a few minutes every day for THEIR time.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/06/04/18...

Hope your boss did not read this.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#94092 Aug 21, 2013
here now wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/06/04/18...
Hope your boss did not read this.
Ha ha, 5 smoke breaks a day? Hardly.

By the way, I haven't used a sick day in 5 years.

What's your excuse for posting all day? Oh, I forgot, you're a business owner/CEO/retired multi-millionaire. My bad.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#94093 Aug 21, 2013
NEW YORK –President Obama’s half-brother in Kenya could cause the White House more headaches over new evidence linking him to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and establishing that controversial IRS supervisor Lois Lerner signed his tax-exempt approval letter.

Malik Obama’s oversight of the Muslim Brotherhood’s international investments is one reason for the Obama administration’s support of the Muslim Brotherhood, according to an Egyptian report citing the vice president of the Supreme Constitutional Court of Egypt, Tehani al-Gebali

http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/obamas-brother-lin...
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#94094 Aug 21, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> The fact is that BIG business can buy themselves a bunch of congressmen and a few senators and get legislation enacted for their best interests and folks like you and I never get asked what is in our best interests from these folks until the want our votes to get reelected. Then we get lip service and little else. This is the reality and members of both parties are players.
Ever notice that many former politicians, both those who are defeated at the polls and those who chose not to seek reelection for whatever reason, end up becoming highly paid lobbyists ? Many end up working for the same companies they were once tasked with the oversight of. I wonder why ?
Yes.

I have seen figures near 50% of former legislators become lobbyists after 'retirement' for various businesses, etc. This is a far cry from the Founder's intent when setting up the Republic governed by the people - people who served and then went back home. Public service was never intended to be a career with such great golden parachutes.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#94095 Aug 21, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Big business socializes costs???? What difference are the costs of big business and small business? Let's take a look at what costs are already privatized. Those costs would be unemployment, workman's comp, medicare, social security, along with franchise tax, use tax, excise tax. Then take operating costs such as insurance, lease or mortgage payments, cost of goods sold, utilities, payroll, advertising, inventory, office supplies, equipment, etc. and you will see there is not much else to socialize.
Interesting take "Pete". You claim that these costs are private.....but these costs are subsidized hence socialized. Each and every one of these costs are allowable tax deductions and used as deductions for the purposes of offsetting profit. Assuming a corporation pays the full corporate tax rate over a third of these "privatized" costs are actually subsidized by other taxpayers. Smaller businesses, making less profits and subject to lower tax rates get a much lower government subsidy and are placed at a competitive disadvantage.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#94096 Aug 21, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Classy Sassy Strikes Again

Guild

#94097 Aug 21, 2013
The surprising ages of the Founding Fathers on July 4, 1776&#8194;

For the Journal of the American Revolution, Todd Andrlik compiled a list of the ages of the key participants in the Revolutionary War as of July 4, 1776. Many of them were surprisingly young:

Marquis de Lafayette, 18
James Monroe, 18
Gilbert Stuart, 20
Aaron Burr, 20
Alexander Hamilton, 21
Betsy Ross, 24
James Madison, 25

This is kind of blowing my mind...because of the compression of history, I'd always assumed all these people were around the same age. But in thinking about it, all startups need young people...Hamilton, Lafayette, and Burr were perhaps the Gates, Jobs, and Zuckerberg of the War. Some more ages, just for reference:

Thomas Jefferson, 33
John Adams, 40
Paul Revere, 41
George Washington, 44
Samuel Adams, 53

The oldest prominent participant in the Revolution, by a wide margin, was Benjamin Franklin, who was 70 years old on July 4, 1776. Franklin was a full two generations removed from the likes of Madison and Hamilton.

But the oldest participant in the war was Samuel Whittemore, who fought in an early skirmish at the age of 80. I'll let Wikipedia take it from here:

Whittemore was in his fields when he spotted an approaching British relief brigade under Earl Percy, sent to assist the retreat. Whittemore loaded his musket and ambushed the British from behind a nearby stone wall, killing one soldier.

He then drew his dueling pistols and killed a grenadier and mortally wounded a second. By the time Whittemore had fired his third shot, a British detachment reached his position; Whittemore drew his sword and attacked.

He was shot in the face, bayoneted thirteen times, and left for dead in a pool of blood. He was found alive, trying to load his musket to fight again. He was taken to Dr. Cotton Tufts of Medford, who perceived no hope for his survival. However, Whittemore lived another 18 years until dying of natural causes at the age of 98.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#94098 Aug 21, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Big business socializes costs???? What difference are the costs of big business and small business? Let's take a look at what costs are already privatized. Those costs would be unemployment, workman's comp, medicare, social security, along with franchise tax, use tax, excise tax. Then take operating costs such as insurance, lease or mortgage payments, cost of goods sold, utilities, payroll, advertising, inventory, office supplies, equipment, etc. and you will see there is not much else to socialize.
Your ideology basically is one that businesses should be responsible for healthcare for all individuals. You think it is a business's responsibility to provide healthcare for all. This is on top of all the already privatized costs. You selectively pick Walmart to use as an example. What about all the businesses that voluntarily provide healthcare insurance to employees? You neglect to mention those businesses, which are a lot. Based on your posts, you are for privatizing all costs of all individuals because you think it is the fair thing to do. However, you fail to consider the American consumer buying preferences which dictate the lowest price possible. Since you select Walmart as an example, go look at a Walmart parking lot on any given Saturday. Why would they change their business model? They provide heavily discounted goods because there is a demand for heavily discounted goods. Once they are mandated to privatize all of their costs, there won't be a Walmart. If that is what you want, fine. However, try telling that to all the consumers out there simply looking for the cheapest price to pay.
If you think the ACA is going to force Walmart to start paying for all of its employees healthcare, think again. Walmart will simply reduce its overall workforce, convert what's left to part-time, and raise prices to cover the rest or simply offer goods of an even lesser quality to compensate for the increased costs. The fines associated with the ACA are much less than what a healthcare insurance premium will cost, so this is what they will do. Yes, they will have more costs, but they will reduce those costs via lay-offs and more part-time help while hiking their prices. So who ultimately pays? We do in the form of higher unemployment and higher prices. This is the only thing that can result from the ACA. Yes, some more people have access to insurance, but look at the overall cost to the entire populace. This system is flawed and in no way will work as it is written today. And on top of this, the ACA mandates the IRS to manage the program. This is simply lunacy.
Once again, there is not a business owner on the planet who thinks like you. Again, you are no employer or you employee one person - yourself. Hiring farm hands to help bale hay doesn't acquaint you with what all the costs of business are. Try looking at the world through someone else's glasses for once and look at the entire ramifications of something versus simply what you think is fair.
Regardless of what I just stated, I also want healthcare for all. And I do see your point believe it or not. However, the ACA is not the solution and neither is placing the responsibility for healthcare solely on businesses. Please remember that low unemployment, a high GDP and low inflation are what enables our economy to succeed.
If you actually read my posts you would know that I am not a big fan of any policy proposal from the Heritage Foundation. I am for Medicare for all Americans. The ACA is a conservative creation which keeps the for-profit insurance industry in the mix and that alone should give most thinking people pause....BUT the ACA is a better than nothing approach to providing some security to 30 or 40 million currently uninsured Americans..... I support it as a "better than nothing" situation and nothing more.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#94099 Aug 21, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting take "Pete". You claim that these costs are private.....but these costs are subsidized hence socialized. Each and every one of these costs are allowable tax deductions and used as deductions for the purposes of offsetting profit. Assuming a corporation pays the full corporate tax rate over a third of these "privatized" costs are actually subsidized by other taxpayers. Smaller businesses, making less profits and subject to lower tax rates get a much lower government subsidy and are placed at a competitive disadvantage.
Government subsidies should not exist. The government doles subsidies out - basically favoring one business over another.

Location hidden

#94100 Aug 21, 2013
"Obama Comes Out Against Dog Breed - Specific Legislation, Joins the Fight For Pit Bulls."

Click here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/20/obam...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#94101 Aug 21, 2013
Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
Government subsidies should not exist. The government doles subsidies out - basically favoring one business over another.
I will answer this way....I agree...with some reservations.
I believe subsidies CAN be a tool to influence behavior, for instance I think the code should reward companies that manufacture things here in the USA and punish those who outsource jobs to cheap foreign labor markets.....BUT and it's a BIG but, allowing our representatives to provide tax incentives to some companies opens the door to the undue influence used by lobbyists to obtain code changes for campaign cash.

This is a complex issue, one that illustrates the power given to, and importance of choosing wisely who we hire as our representatives.

Location hidden

#94102 Aug 21, 2013
Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
Classy Sassy Strikes Again
If you don't see anything wrong with him calling an innocent, dead Person a Pedophile, then you're as sick and demented as he is and you both need your Azzes kicked up into your disgusting throats!

You People are past EVIL, you're the Pure Devil himself, walking around amongst us! I actually wonder why somebody hasn't put an end to your awful lives before now!

Don't even talk to me, I want nothing to do with People like you and that vile, filthy Basta*d!

Location hidden

#94103 Aug 21, 2013
Bayless wrote:
NEW YORK –President Obama’s half-brother in Kenya could cause the White House more headaches over new evidence linking him to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and establishing that controversial IRS supervisor Lois Lerner signed his tax-exempt approval letter.
Malik Obama’s oversight of the Muslim Brotherhood’s international investments is one reason for the Obama administration’s support of the Muslim Brotherhood, according to an Egyptian report citing the vice president of the Supreme Constitutional Court of Egypt, Tehani al-Gebali
http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/obamas-brother-lin...
Racist Pig!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 11 min Scully 4,854
How do u no ur man is messin round? 13 min Scully 22
YES another bad driver! 16 min Scully 6
Body found in Greeneville creek 18 min Scully 10
josh mercer (May '13) 57 min supercat 3
to u 1 hr That was easy 11
US NITROGEN buys 4 dollar horse for 150 k 1 hr shortbeard 10
lawsuit against county schools 4 hr question 12
Greene County Schools 12 hr willard 117
Mayor Daniels tries to pull Fast one Thu Janet 10