torr

Panama City, FL

#86867 Jul 5, 2013
question wrote:
What happened to the Tenn. gov. discussion? This governor is looting the state more and more every day. Where did Bredesen go? I miss him...great guy.
That's what the "conservative" base in Tennessee want.....they would love to employ that on the entire country if no one were there to stop them.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#86868 Jul 5, 2013
donnatrump wrote:
As an adult I take full credit for any success I have and do not acknowledge any of those who helped along the way.
As an adult I give full blame for any failures in my life to my teachers who taught me anywhere from 20-50 years ago. My failures are a reflection of their incompetence and are not remotely related to my attitude, ability, or work ethic.
That's a fact Jackie!
Funny.

Location hidden

#86869 Jul 5, 2013
Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was looking for something a tad more insightful from someone as intelligent as you. The present system is not working, and we continue to throw more and more money at it, and yet they continue to complain that we're not spending enough.
American taxpayers spend around $600 billion a year on K-12 public education. Indeed, 27 cents of every tax dollar collected at the state or local level is consumed by the government-run K 12 education system.
Your party makes a crisis out of just about everything, but we don't hear a peep about why the costs of education at every level are going through the roof.
Isn't it time for the democrat party to stand up and declare that there is a "Cost of Education" crisis?
By complaining that we're not spending enough when in fact we spend more every year, we are ensuring that the education problem in this country will never be solved, and populace will be dumbed down.
But that works to your advantage doesn't it? When your party's entire raison d'etre is dependency, it's important to have a constant stream of dependents.
Yet another conservative assertion that there aren't any conservatives requiring government assistance, they're all small business owners and successful entrepreneurs. Sorry, that's a fairy tale we're not buying, no matter how insistently it's reiterated.
torr

Panama City, FL

#86870 Jul 5, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
A good liberal always blames it on someone else.
And an idiot like you can just blame someone else. Especially when he's clueless.
BC Alien

United States

#86871 Jul 5, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
What with a full scale abortion going on. If the Liberal stay in office, they will limit the number of children you can have, just like China has.
I'm sure you just misspoke and meant right wing religious zealots worm their way back into office since they're the ones who want to make a woman's choice into a case of murder. Some women have sense enough to know if they are capable of raising a child while others being brainwashed by religious zealotry think they're doing Gods work for him by pumping out subhumans without any plan for raising them other than Gov. Taxpayer support. Glad I caught that for ya?

Location hidden

#86872 Jul 5, 2013
Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Left school as an unintelligent person?" I didn't know that teachers could affect intelligence. Or for that matter, effect intelligence.
Perhaps you meant "ignorant". Bad teachers can and DO create ignorant persons, and they're doing an excellent job of it. Just ask the colleges about the amount they must pay for remedial classes to teach high school graduates what they should already know.
While you are quick to cast aspersions, I note that you don't offer any solutions to the education problem.
Perhaps if Mommy and Daddy weren't both having to work 2 jobs to survive, they might be able to more fully immerse themselves in their children's academia.

Location hidden

#86873 Jul 5, 2013
stewart smalley wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was responsible for keeping us safe in Boston,Libya and Fort Hood. This is only a test.
Thank you for proving my point.
stewart smalley

Livingston, TN

#86874 Jul 5, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for proving my point.
You are welcome .I believe the correct answer is the POTUS correct?
Republican or Democrat it doesn't matter which party they belong right?
torr

Panama City, FL

#86875 Jul 5, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, all of these points and more are what most liberals are trying to make every body live by...Truth hurts don't it.?
And you would have the US going back to the 19th century.
torr

Panama City, FL

#86876 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Perhaps if Mommy and Daddy weren't both having to work 2 jobs to survive, they might be able to more fully immerse themselves in their children's academia.
It's not the same country it was back in the "Leave it to Beaver" or "Father Knows Best" days. Now it takes two incomes to survive for most families. In my day that wasn't the case and parents had more time for the kids. It's a change that's been obvious now for several years. The schools respond by just passing students on out the door without having the education they need to survive. They lowered the bar in order to do this.

Location hidden

#86877 Jul 5, 2013
torr wrote:
<quoted text>It's not the same country it was back in the "Leave it to Beaver" or "Father Knows Best" days. Now it takes two incomes to survive for most families. In my day that wasn't the case and parents had more time for the kids. It's a change that's been obvious now for several years. The schools respond by just passing students on out the door without having the education they need to survive. They lowered the bar in order to do this.
Back in those days, a man owned his home, had a boat in the garage, took a family vacation every year, had 2 or 3 kids, a wife who was able to stay home with the kids, and this was possible from a job that didn't require an advanced degree or rich parents.

That scenario hasn't been possible for generations now. Then again, look at the income disparity between the employees and the CEOs then and now.

Location hidden

#86878 Jul 5, 2013
In 1980, the CEO of a large American company made 42 times the average worker's median pay. Last year, the ratio had risen to 343 times the median.

http://seattletimes.com/html/jontalton/201540...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#86879 Jul 5, 2013
reaganronald wrote:
<quoted text>I agree and I'm fed up with the negative attitude Mr. Haslem has for teachers. It appears he is willing to slander educators just to get a few votes. How can anyone possibly know how to fix all state schools w/o even going to a single school to visit/observe what is actually happening for one day a year? I would compare it to visiting a dentist to get your auto repaired. It simply will not work.
Actually, what Haslam and the TEApublican-majority Legislature is laying the ground work for doing, and what they will do, if they get re-elected is...taking all the money out of the Public

School System and putting it into Christian Schools. Indoctrination of your Kids into a Religious Ideology, rather than teaching them an education that will serve them well in their Lives and help them succeed, is their Goal. Keep the Kids intellectually Sub-par, but pound that Religion Philosophy into their heads, and you've got them completely brainwashed and totally under the control of the Rich and Powerful. They'll just spout Religion, make the Free-thinkers feel Guilty, and they've got your Kids exactly where they want them, even as Adults...totally under their control!
You need a good "Head" Doctor, if you allow them to do that to your Kids! And they're going to use your Tax Money to do it, whether you agree with it or not!
Religious Education belongs in Churches and in the Kid's Home, if the Parents' so choose, NOT in Schools!

Location hidden

#86880 Jul 5, 2013
BTW this,^^^^, is exactly what Hitler tried to do, also. But, it wasn't about Religion, with Hitler...it was about a White Aryan Elite Race that hated everybody that wasn't just like them! Same "Indoctrination" tactics, just for a different reason...Domination of the "Christianity" Religion!

Parents, BE ARAID, BE VERY AFRAID of what this will mean for your Children! They will not have Freedom about anything in their own Lives! The "Christian" Religion will make all their decisions for them, about their own Lives, and there will be nothing they can do about it!
For the sake of your Kids' future, and their Kids' future, I beg you...DO NOT LET THEM DO IT TO YOUR CHILDREN!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#86881 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Back in those days, a man owned his home, had a boat in the garage, took a family vacation every year, had 2 or 3 kids, a wife who was able to stay home with the kids, and this was possible from a job that didn't require an advanced degree or rich parents.
That scenario hasn't been possible for generations now. Then again, look at the income disparity between the employees and the CEOs then and now.
Back in those days, family's had structure, divorce was unheard of.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#86882 Jul 5, 2013
In 1980, the CEO of a large American company made 42 times the average worker's median pay. Last year, the ratio had risen to 343 times the median.
http://seattletimes.com/html/jontalton/201540...
This is one discussing fact!
gerry depp

Axton, VA

#86883 Jul 5, 2013
and how is this going to matter now that Kingsport is under 300 feet of water

Location hidden

#86884 Jul 5, 2013
gerry depp wrote:
For those of us who don't live in Kingsport, or even in East TN., you're going to have to put up a Link or explain what you're talking about, because we don't have a clue.
torr

Panama City, FL

#86885 Jul 5, 2013
stewart smalley wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome .I believe the correct answer is the POTUS correct?
Republican or Democrat it doesn't matter which party they belong right?
And you believe the president will keep you safe ?? Since when ?

Location hidden

#86886 Jul 5, 2013
gerry depp wrote:
Wow, 300 feet. That's Biblical rain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wreck on Erwin hwy 45 min FriendofDog 55
Jason Hickman (charged with rape) 1 hr unknown 9
Eddie Jennings 3 hr Taxpayer 53
Jerry "Will" Cutshaw Family Man or Phoney? 3 hr Amber 8
cheating wives 4 hr crazy8 14
Nashville article about Greeneville officials 5 hr joe blow 7
talking bout gabe vaught 5 hr gtown 13
wheel tax 5 hr dingleberry 142
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 6 hr Melissa1333 6,734
Mary Threw You Under the Bus 9 hr Respect Within 23
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:11 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:11AM
Which Panthers Free Agents Will Return in 2015?
NBC Sports 6:32 AM
Panthers G.M. on Cam Newton: "We want him here. I want him here"
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Report: Sal Sunseri to leave Florida State for position with Oakland Raiders
ESPN 8:07 AM
Spygate, 'culture of cheating' vexes ex-GM
Yahoo! Sports10:47 AM
Former Panthers GM wonders if Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl