Bucharest, Romania

#85175 Jun 23, 2013
I'll have to think about it.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#85176 Jun 23, 2013
geek wrote:
I'll have to think about it.
Well, don't think too hard. It was only a response to a message you sent to me and I wouldn't want you to strain your little brain!

Location hidden

#85177 Jun 23, 2013
"Did IRS Targeting Harm TEA Party Groups?"

Click here:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

Location hidden

#85178 Jun 23, 2013
I had somebody tell me today, that the main reason they won't go to Topix, at all, even to read it, is because it screws their computer up really, really badly!
Wind

Harrisburg, AR

#85179 Jun 23, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
I had somebody tell me today, that the main reason they won't go to Topix, at all, even to read it, is because it screws their computer up really, really badly!
Does that to mine a lot.
Bubba

Johnson City, TN

#85180 Jun 23, 2013
Any but the above

Location hidden

#85181 Jun 23, 2013
Wind wrote:
<quoted text>Does that to mine a lot.
Mine, too.

Location hidden

#85182 Jun 23, 2013
Folks, if you have a 401K Retirement Fund or any kind of a Retirement Fund or Plan, you Really, REALLY need to watch this "Frontline" Documentary!
----------
"The Retirement Gamble."

Click here:
http://video.pbs.org/video/2365000843

Location hidden

#85183 Jun 23, 2013
"Hong Kong Lets Snowden Leave In Move Bound To Infuriate U.S."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/former-nsa-contractor-s...

Location hidden

#85184 Jun 23, 2013
Bubba wrote:
Any but the above
I don't understand what this comment means....Sorry.
Wind

Harrisburg, AR

#85185 Jun 23, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand what this comment means....Sorry.
I don't either, but I just roll with the flow lol.

Location hidden

#85186 Jun 23, 2013
geek wrote:
You only wish somebody would "SPY" on you.
I've got more "SPY(s)" now, than I can shake a stick at!

Location hidden

#85187 Jun 23, 2013
Wind wrote:
<quoted text>I don't either, but I just roll with the flow lol.
Lol! That's probably the best thing to do!:)

Location hidden

#85188 Jun 23, 2013
Geez! If I understand this correctly, we've got the British listening to our Landline Phone Calls, and we've got the NSA listening to our Cellphone Calls and reading our Emails and all of our Chat and Social comments and messages.

Wow, wouldn't you think with all of that...that they could do something about the Telemarketers that are driving me nuts, even though I'm on the Federal and State "Do Not Call" List!
----------
"Britain's NSA Is Listening To Your Phone Calls."

Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2013/06...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#85189 Jun 23, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
OT, sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong, but NOBODY can keep up their "Charade" forever and sooner or later, they ALWAYS give themselves away...usually when they get angry!
There's a, "Method To My Madness"...you'll know what I mean, but most of "them", won't!:)
There's only one reason that I call them out, when I think they're Phony...and that is, to warn other legitimate Posters, so the same thing doesn't happen to them, that happened to me!
One never knows who is just "playing a game" and who's trying to set other Posters' up, for "personal gain" and to get free money!
I was set up for months and had no clue, even before I got on Topix...I don't want that to happen to anybody else!
There were some who knew it, and were even helping the Psycho (literally), set me up....they are ALL still on here, using numerous different Names, Personalities, and Genders. BEWARE!
So, even if I'm wrong...and I have been and will be, again...and I will offend some innocent Posters and, undoubtedly, hurt their feelings...it's still better to err on the side of caution, for me and for the legitimate Posters, is the way I see it.
NOBODY should have to go through what I went through, at one of the worst times in my Life. Even though, it was thrown out of Court, the hassle and the Attorney Expense, is something Nobody should have to endure, because of a Sicko who wants easy money and tries to control of everything and everybody, in everyway!
I talked to Attorneys in 4 Counties before I could find one to take the Case because they thought it was the most ridiculous thing they had ever heard of. The Psycho knew this, since his Lifetime has consisted of Court Appearances and dealings with Attorneys...OTHER Peoples' Attorneys...he represents himself AND ALWAYS loses! He seems to LOVE the attention, but Law-Abiding People DO NOT...especially at a time when their Loved One is dying! And he still will NOT let My Mother Rest in Peace, as we've all read on Topix!
So, as I said, I do NOT want that to happen to any other legitimate...and I suspect there aren't many...Posters on Topix! Hurt feelings is a small price to pay, if I'm in error, to save them from more hassle, grief, and hardship than they can imagine!
I just wish somebody who knew, had warned me! But, that's not want Topix Posters do...except me...which kinda tells me the type of People who frequent Topix, FOR THE MOST PART!
Linda, I remember telling you when I first came to this thread that I admired your tenacity and your guts. That admiration has only grown since then. The thing about warning someone else is, I always give anyone the benefit of the doubt until I am sure. It's pretty hard to warn others until I am.
This is one of the disadvantages of getting old. Young people adapt to the fact that sites like Topix are filled with fakes and liars. They BEGIN with that assumption. I am from a different generation, and adapting to that reality is almost a bridge too far.
I have called out a few (very few) posters on this thread in the several years I have been following it. I have ALWAYS used their own words to do so, but I have noticed that others have no problem throwing flaming balls of crap at people that they simply disagree with on a political issue. Again this is something that takes some getting used to.....or maybe I will never really get used to it !
In a long life of dealing with the public, I have become pretty good at spotting a ringer after being worked on by some much more expert than those on here, but that depends on a face to face meeting, where I can look them in the eye, read body language, and ask questions that get answered. The internet doesn't allow that luxury ! As always, I wish you the best, my friend.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#85190 Jun 23, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Geez! If I understand this correctly, we've got the British listening to our Landline Phone Calls, and we've got the NSA listening to our Cellphone Calls and reading our Emails and all of our Chat and Social comments and messages.
Wow, wouldn't you think with all of that...that they could do something about the Telemarketers that are driving me nuts, even though I'm on the Federal and State "Do Not Call" List!
----------
"Britain's NSA Is Listening To Your Phone Calls."
Click here:
Good Morning Linda.......and I truly mean that as I see you have been pounded over and over again last night and before that over and over again. I must say you do stand your ground.
Now back to this post;
I just wish I could get Congressman Scott DesJarlais on that "Do Not Call List", when I pick up the phone in the evening right around supper/dinner time I hear other Republicans spewing their repulsive mind about things they pick up on Rush and all of the other Neo-Con talk shows. Then when someone one the other side of the phone picks up and asks me what my question is going to be the person states that I will be up soon to ask that question........but of course they never get around to me and the session is over.
Now I even tried asking a question that I knew Scott would love to answer.......but when they got around to me I asked a different question and waited for Scott to answer but he never recieved it.
Yeah, "a government by the people for the people"........but not in Scott's world.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#85191 Jun 23, 2013
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
"OT" several of us on here have claimed to be small business owners, and some I have doubted, but whether they are, or they are not does not affect me, so I really don't care. Yes, some of the outlandish tales by some are annoying, but I don't lose any sleep over it. The turn of this thread reminds me of a conversation I had with the "big boss" this morning about an employee behaving badly and the concerns we had over it (because we too care about the people who work for us). I said, we can't change or control what people do as long as it doesn't affect their job performance. We can't change what people on this thread do either, and if they are lying, they know who they are and have to live with themselves.
That is certainly true "Tired". I'm not losing sleep over what anyone posts. All I did was point out obvious inconsistencies in THEIR OWN WORDS.
I haven't fabricated anything about the poster. I haven't posted any slur. In comparison to what is regularly done by some conservatives daily on this thread......well, all I did was pull back the curtain. What anyone sees behind it... that's up to them, and while there are more inconsistancies, I can't see any purpose in beating a dead horse.
Tired

Dandridge, TN

#85192 Jun 23, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> That is certainly true "Tired". I'm not losing sleep over what anyone posts. All I did was point out obvious inconsistencies in THEIR OWN WORDS.
I haven't fabricated anything about the poster. I haven't posted any slur. In comparison to what is regularly done by some conservatives daily on this thread......well, all I did was pull back the curtain. What anyone sees behind it... that's up to them, and while there are more inconsistancies, I can't see any purpose in beating a dead horse.
Good morning OT. Sadly, I guess all we can know for sure to be true in this world is our self. It seems our society as a whole has become so corrupt and dishonest that there are few things I believe completely without some skepticism anymore. I don't know why a poster fabricates on topix because no one really knows the person anyway, but I do agree that I think it happens often.

This is off the subject (except it is dishonest and corrupt), but did anyone see the Rock Center piece on Goodwill? I was totally appalled and disgusted because I am a regular giver to that charity thinking that they did good work for the disabled. The story said they are a "tax exempt" charity receiving "100's of millions of government funding per year" and "gross 5 BILLION per year", and because of a federal law regarding disabled workers, they are paying some of the workers as little as 28 CENTS per hour. They have work shops where they time their disabled workers on how many items they can process in a minute, and if they are too slow, their pay is cut. The regional presidents and the CEO are making between 400 K and 1 Million per year. My head was about to pop off watching that piece!
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

#85193 Jun 23, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Are all Computer Geeks paranoid, or are the rest of us just nave, or is it both?
I really don't know. But, I'm about ready to throw my computer away...and my telephone, and just withdraw from the World, other than the People I can talk to, in person! It's just becoming too much of a hassle to try and figure it all out...and who to trust and who not to trust. It's taking up entirely too much of my time and attention...it's like riding an emotional Roller-Coaster! I DON"T LIKE IT!
----------
"Apparently Edward Snowden Was Never A Big Fan Of The NSA."
Click here:
The casual observer might say Do us all a favor and throw the thing out! But you have a record of making these Im outta here claims and then not doing it. Indeed, mere moments ago, in post 85137, you said Im outta here too!
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm outta here, too! Most of this Bunch, makes me want to heave!
But it was a lie.

Please, just one time, follow up on one of your promises. Throw it out.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#85194 Jun 23, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> That is certainly true "Tired". I'm not losing sleep over what anyone posts. All I did was point out obvious inconsistencies in THEIR OWN WORDS.
Are you kidding? The only curtain you have pulled back is yours. Earlier today, you reply to a poster whose statements and allegations have been proven to be incorrect and has been caught in so many falsehoods I can't begin to count. Yet you state you admire this person. Yet I am the fraud even after having proven at least some of my allegations or at least the ones that I can prove without compromising my identity. Could it be you don't like my political preferences? Could it be this is your way of combating conservatism? Of course it is, you just proved it.

You're the one stating you are a business owner and an employer, yet you have offered nothing substantiating these claims and have made numerous contradictions to these claims. Myself along with other business owners on here can easily realize that you are no employer simply from the statements you make. No employer in America would make some of the statements you make. For that matter, no business owner would make some of the statements you make.

Let's just call a spade a spade, you don't like people questioning liberalism so you are willing to attack their credibility as a defense. If I am not speaking the truth, then why do you admire one who is liberal whose credibility has proven to be false almost on an everyday basis?

You closely scrutinize any conservative's post to see anywhere you can mount an attack. Granted, if you look hard enough, you will probably find some inconsistencies. Not everyone remembers exact dates from 20 or more years ago, especially when their point has nothing to do with the dates. Yet you throw a blanket of sponsorship on anyone who is liberal, even the ones whose credibility has been debunked numerous times.

Yes, your responses are courteous and you do refrain from the more obscene name calling. But now it is my opinion you do this to generate a level of confidence that you can't substantiate with your statements. Business owner, employer???? You sir no nothing about these two responsibilities.

You mention inconsistencies with my posts. Go back and look at your posts for the past two years. There is no feasible possibility you are who you say you are and post what you post. But honestly, like Tired stated earlier, who cares? It is your political viewpoints I respond to. I don't care if you are homeless or the second coming of Bill Gates.

Argue with me about my politic opinions, but leave my credibility alone. I have substantiated as much as I can of it. You want more, then you will have to do likewise. You have some catching up to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eat it haters 9 min Religious Government 17
michael page (Oct '09) 12 min sunny 6
Two Malnourished Dogs story today 23 min TryToSmile 6
Clay Paxton 30 min babygurl 3
Chris Brobeck 47 min bamaman 21
I need information about the Sprint plan please. 1 hr Girl 13
Johnathan Foulks 1 hr jonathan 2
***** last post wins ***** 1 hr Dickens1 1,422
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 2 hr Terrible_Herbst 7,517
cigarette smoking 15 hr Independent1 19

Winter Storm Watch for Greene County was issued at March 04 at 10:10AM CST

Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:48 pm PST

ESPN 2:48PM