Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#82320 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaha, I didn't pay anyone else's taxes. I pay "my" taxes. "My" taxes are levied on "my" income and is not dependent in any way on someone else's income. I don't recall ever seeing a super-wealthy person's W-2 stapled to mine when I received it.
Pete, wise up, the less the Wealthy pay, the more Everybody else has to, to make up the difference. That's why you pay a higher Tax rate, so the Wealthiest can pay a Lower One.
RingWorMinUranus

Richardson, TX

#82321 Jun 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Geez, since you're too lazy to look it up...condescending attitude means, "talking down to"...maybe you're the one who could use the education. I know, it had more than four letters, so you were totally lost. I'll try to keep it more simple, just for you.
Admit it, you had to google it.

Location hidden

#82322 Jun 5, 2013
CPA wrote:
<quoted text>You're self employed, and you get a W-2?
In defense of Pete, a smart Business Owner always pays himself a Salary. It helps with taxes to separate One's Personal Income from his Business Income.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82323 Jun 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, wise up, the less the Wealthy pay, the more Everybody else has to, to make up the difference. That's why you pay a higher Tax rate, so the Wealthiest can pay a Lower One.
What do you mean "the less they pay"? The wealthy pay most of the taxes.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/12/news/economy/...

Location hidden

#82324 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Even with all the zany and abrasive things you come up with, you do have a sense of humor. I actually had to laugh at this. You should focus more on this side of your personality rather than the other.
That's actually my natural way, but Topix takes most of that away.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82325 Jun 5, 2013
The link in the previous post doesn't work for some reason. But there is tons of information on this. Here's more

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/perfi/ta...
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82326 Jun 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
That's actually my natural way, but Topix takes most of that away.
No, Topix doesn't take it away, you do.
whatnow

United States

#82327 Jun 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Geez, since you're too lazy to look it up...condescending attitude means, "talking down to"...maybe you're the one who could use the education. I know, it had more than four letters, so you were totally lost. I'll try to keep it more simple, just for you.
I am well aware of the word and its meaning. Unlike yourself, I have an education and am well read. You probably only heard the word recently and had to look it up! Please do not make yourself look even more stupid than you are.
whatnow

United States

#82328 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't have a clue!
whatnow

United States

#82329 Jun 5, 2013
RingWorMinUranus wrote:
<quoted text>Admit it, you had to google it.
Some people do not need internet access! They are not intelligent enough to know they are stupid!

Location hidden

#82330 Jun 5, 2013
RingWorMinUranus wrote:
<quoted text>Admit it, you had to google it.
No Dear, I didn't. But, I have had to keep "dumbing down" to be able to communicate with People in TN., to the point that I, literally, have to stop and think of a simpler word, in order to make myself understood...as you've just seen in a previous Post. That's a real pity, but it's true...it should be the other way around and then, others would learn to speak more sensibly.
If you ever leave the South, you'll be thought of as a Fool, simply because of the words you use. Well, in your case, that would be an accurate assumption, even if you never said a word.

Location hidden

#82331 Jun 5, 2013
whatnow wrote:
<quoted text>She doesn't have a clue!
I'm not going to get into this same ole discussion that's been hashed and re-hashed, ad nauseum.
Pete is the one I was talking to...he knows the difference between a Tax RATE and a TOTAL Tax Dollar Amount, I'm sure.
You? Well, I doubt it! Otherwise, you wouldn't have made such a ridiculously ignorant comment.

Location hidden

#82332 Jun 5, 2013
I read this and I liked it, so I'm posting it. If anybody doesn't like it, then I will have to assume it's because it applies to you and the Truth Hurts!
----------
"You can't understand Twenty-first-Century Politics with an Eighteenth-Century Brain."

~ George Lakoff ~

Location hidden

#82333 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Topix doesn't take it away, you do.
Maybe. I just don't have much patience for Stupidity from People who don't even try.

Location hidden

#82334 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez Pete, I didn't even look to see who made this comment the first time that I read it. I can't believe it was you. I just assumed it was one of the Ones who revel in being Doofuses.

But, be that as it may...the less percentages of the Wealthiest's Incomes they pay, the higher the percentages the Little Guy's Income will have to paid. The money has to come from somebody because the Gov't. gets it's Income from the Taxpayers to run the Country, State, County, City, Town, so if the wealthiest pay a Lower Tax Rate, Everybody else has to pay a higher One to compensate and make up the difference. It's not Rocket Science, it's Common Sense.
Gov't. expenses will continue to go up, just like yours and mine do. If the Weathiest don't start paying the same Tax Rate as everybody else...sooner or later, Everybody else's Tax Rate will HAVE to go up to make up the difference.
And I don't think that's right or fair Taxation! But, it's the way it will have to be. You and your Business could be getting more Tax Breaks to allow it to grow, right now...if the Wealthiest weren't paying a paltry 14% Tax Rate and not even paying that, or anything , on most of their Income and/or Profits.
There is no possible way that is either Right Or Fair Taxation! Yet, the Ones that are being hurt the worse by this "favoritism" of the Wealthiest, are the Ones who are fighting to keep it that way, the hardest...and that, I do not understand! You should be jumping up and down demanding that the wealthiest pay the same Tax Rate that you are and the Tax Loopholes be closed that only the Wealthiest, with a battery of Tax Attorneys on staff, can take advantage of. It wouldn't hurt them one bit because they're already hiding most of their Wealth in Off-shore tax havens and paying no Taxes, at all, on it...Multi-Trillions (with a "T") of dollars worth, as a matter of fact!

Location hidden

#82335 Jun 5, 2013
whatnow wrote:
<quoted text>I am well aware of the word and its meaning. Unlike yourself, I have an education and am well read. You probably only heard the word recently and had to look it up! Please do not make yourself look even more stupid than you are.
You claim to have an education and this is the type of ignorant conversation that you choose to use it for??? What a waste of money!
Marco

Livingston, TN

#82336 Jun 6, 2013
The CHAINED CPI AND YOU

THE CHAINED CPI IS A BENEFIT CUT by Republicans

The Chained CPI proposal would cut the yearly cost of living adjustment (COLA) for Social Security benefits. That means,year and Year,it will get harder for you to afford basic necessitates-groceries,the heating bill,and medicine.

UNDER THE CHAINED,THE CUMULATIVE CUT FOR AN AVERAGE 65+ RETIREE WOULD BE AT AGE 70—$662.00 AT AGE-80-$5,248.00 AND AT AGE 90-$14,076.00 DOLLARS A YEAR.

A TYPICAL SENIOR HAS AN ANNUAL INCOME OF ONLY $20,000.00 DOLLARS A YEAR

AFTER 20 YEARS THAT SENIOR WOULD LOSE $9,139.00 TOTAL BENEFITS LOST AFTER 20 YEARS.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?---visit aarp.org/whatyoulose

use the calculator to see how the chained CPI would impact you.Then Send a message to your member in Congress—urge them to reject this harmful change ! And start taxing the rich,make them pay also.

note: The calculations above were made usingannual Social Security benefits of $15,190.00 a year

Location hidden

#82340 Jun 6, 2013
The Republicans have been trying to do away with Social Security ever since it was implemented. Now, they want to get their hands on it and invest it in their Wealthy Benefactors's Stocks, drive the stock price up, the Wealthy will sell theirs off , make lots of money , the stock price will fall and the Social Security Money will be gone and so will Social Security.
If you vote for a TEApublican for Congresss and/or the Presidency, this is what they intend to do.
whatnow

United States

#82341 Jun 6, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to have an education and this is the type of ignorant conversation that you choose to use it for??? What a waste of money!
Please just SHUT UP! Mo one is having a conversation here! The point is YOU are mother intelligent enough to hold a conversation!
whatnow

United States

#82342 Jun 6, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
No Dear, I didn't. But, I have had to keep "dumbing down" to be able to communicate with People in TN., to the point that I, literally, have to stop and think of a simpler word, in order to make myself understood...as you've just seen in a previous Post. That's a real pity, but it's true...it should be the other way around and then, others would learn to speak more sensibly.
If you ever leave the South, you'll be thought of as a Fool, simply because of the words you use. Well, in your case, that would be an accurate assumption, even if you never said a word.
You keep using the term, "dumbing down", as if you invented it! Using archaic expressions only shows how dumb you really are!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 5 min Jennifer Renee 5,663
your boy/girl friend still go to their ex's fam... 32 min singleatfortysome... 5
What IS Schizophrenia? 32 min Jim D 1
what to do. where to go for NYE for 40+ singles? 36 min singleatfortysome... 1
What I learned about relationshps 36 min csmaven 21
Priscilla Presley's Globe Interview 41 min Kohlrabi 2
Wha postion do u sleep in? 45 min Shemp Sharpe 0
What goes on at Timberfell? (Sep '11) 2 hr Independent1 280
Feeling lonely for the holidays 3 hr Veronica 155
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 4 hr wondering 165
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search