Comments
73,621 - 73,640 of 145,890 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#82276 Jun 5, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Well, D., since you have shown no relevance between the ACA and a sales tax on homes, I will assume there is none, just income redistribution. Since you admit that the upper MIDDLE class owns second homes and rental property, Obama lied about not raising taxes on the MIDDLE class. You are sure easy today, D. You give up too easily.
"Captain I have not yet begun to fight"!
Come on income redistribution.......please give me a break, if you have a rental I'm sure you will just raise the rent.
You mean raising taxes on the upper middle class.... I don't remember President Obama saying anything about not raising taxes on the upper middle class. Not only that but can you tell me that it was President Obama or his party that came up with this tax?
Remember this is all about negotiation skills from both parties and the Conservative party is still trying to sink the ACA ship, which they won't and can't do.
So stop crying about it and invest in it, instead of investing in Costa Rica.
Captain, its going to happen the ACA is moving forward which means $$$$$$$ to those who like youself have the money(you say you do)to invest in it.
Here in Dunlap, Erlanger Hospital is bringing in an extension to our small town, the only thing they were waiting for was a contract with the Feds(ACA) they got it, now they are moving in, big time. They will be making $$$$$, they are not on the side line whining about it. They will be bringing in all types of jobs.
President Obama and job creation go hand in hand in this small town, even if they do vote Republican

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#82277 Jun 5, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>And don't forget the mission,you were on, when you assaulted that coworker.
You're the biggest Liar on this Forum and believe me, that's saying alot.
By your own admission, you've served time in jail, you spent 20 years as a Wife-Swapper and you're a Nudist, but above all of that, your constant Lying out-does it all. Oh, and I almost forgot that you said you sleep naked in your Truck and frequent Prostitutes. Geez, there was so much Disgusting Stuff you told about yourself, it hard to remember it all...and all this in between ranting and raving like a Crazed Lunatic if I said something about politics that you didn't like, which was anything NOT totally supportive of the TEApublican Ideology.

BTW, are you awaiting paying your Debt to Society for going in on a 72 year old Woman, uninvited? You certainly sound like the One who is...ALOT like the One who is! You Lie just like him, too...chronic and compulsive!
If you are, that would mean that YOU, HE, and MsHurl, among numerous other Names, are ALL the same Person and THAT would explain alot!
Now, leave me alone...I don't want anything to do with you, nor do I want to talk to you because you literally make me want to vomit!
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#82278 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Good gosh Sassy, how to you come up with this stuff? This is so eccentric that it is hard to respond to in a manner you will comprehend, but I will try anyway.
Banks, corporations and every other business are our economy. Our GDP is the measure of all of these entities output and is used to measure our growth and productivity. When GDP is growing, our economy is growing. When it is shrinking, our economy is shrinking. This is basic economics 101. Without these entities, we have no economy. If you want a good example, look at every third world nation and look how their economy is. They have hardly any corporations or businesses. You want to be like that??
You stated corporations maximize their profits at the customer's expense. Of course they do. That is their purpose and that is what their shareholders demand. The customer has many choices whose products to purchase. They can opt to not purchase from any corporation. If a customer voluntarily buys from a corporation, how can you say that customer got screwed? Keep in mind, a lot of customers are corporations as well. No corporation can afford to take advantage of any customer for very long and succeed. And no corporation is going to raise prices to the point demand starts falling off. This simply doesn't happen and I haven't seen prices of the goods I sell rise in the last four years.
Regarding your statement about corporations squashing competition, that couldn't be more incorrect. There is more competition today than at any other time in history. A global market means more competition, not less. No corporation has a monopoly unless it is a utility and they have strict regulations to follow.
more to follow ...
Hi, Pete. Mission impossible. You are posting to the most shallow loon on Topix.

Location hidden

#82279 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Good gosh Sassy, how to you come up with this stuff? This is so eccentric that it is hard to respond to in a manner you will comprehend, but I will try anyway.
Banks, corporations and every other business are our economy. Our GDP is the measure of all of these entities output and is used to measure our growth and productivity. When GDP is growing, our economy is growing. When it is shrinking, our economy is shrinking. This is basic economics 101. Without these entities, we have no economy. If you want a good example, look at every third world nation and look how their economy is. They have hardly any corporations or businesses. You want to be like that??
You stated corporations maximize their profits at the customer's expense. Of course they do. That is their purpose and that is what their shareholders demand. The customer has many choices whose products to purchase. They can opt to not purchase from any corporation. If a customer voluntarily buys from a corporation, how can you say that customer got screwed? Keep in mind, a lot of customers are corporations as well. No corporation can afford to take advantage of any customer for very long and succeed. And no corporation is going to raise prices to the point demand starts falling off. This simply doesn't happen and I haven't seen prices of the goods I sell rise in the last four years.
Regarding your statement about corporations squashing competition, that couldn't be more incorrect. There is more competition today than at any other time in history. A global market means more competition, not less. No corporation has a monopoly unless it is a utility and they have strict regulations to follow.
more to follow ...
Pete, it's easy how I "come up with this stuff"...I watch something besides Fox Fake News and I read something besides Conservative Websites. But, most of all, I pay attention to what has happened since Reagan's years and the changes it's made and none of them are good.
BTW, I lost 4 different jobs when they moved out of the Country, too...and that will tend to get your attention!
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82280 Jun 5, 2013
cont'd from previous post -

Sassy, you simply are unaware of what a corporation is and what its mission is. A corporation is owned by its shareholders. When people make more than they spend, they tend to invest the remainder. They invest in stocks, bonds, real estate, etc. Stocks have a proven history of producing significant returns over the long term. This is why investing in stocks is a popular option. Shareholders aren't only rich, white guys who inherited a lot of money. Most of them are pensioners, retirees, small investors trying to supplement their income, speculators, insurance companies, etc. For example, if you are a member of a union that was granted a decent pension from your employer, that pension is paid for out of investments. Most of those investments are invested in the stock market. People with retirement accounts, pensions, etc. demand a proper return on their accounts. The only way for this to happen is through corporate profits. There is no social mantra in any corporation's mission statement. That is not their responsibility nor the reason for their existence. However, it is not in their best interest to treat employees unfairly because by doing so, they will not attract good employees. This wasn't the case in the industrial revolution, but it is now. There are so many laws and regulations on how to manage labor that it is virtually impossible to treat an employee unfairly. Also, look on any corporation's prospectus and look at the charitable donations part of it. Most charitable donations come from corporations. Yes, they get a tax break for doing this, but that only gives them about a 30% break. A lot of charities would die without corporations.

Yes, some small businesses suffer due to the existence of larger corporations. I own a small business, but my company hasn't suffered because the good small businesses learn how to compete. Those that don't die.

Profits are the reward for a shareholder or business owner risking their money, their assets, or borrowing money at risk. When an employee accepts a job offer, they aren't risking their house and their savings. They are offered wages and benefits in exchange for their services. Investors are offered the OPPORTUNITY to earn a profit for their willingness to risk the assets they have. This is a simple concept.

Government produces nothing, only corporations, farms and businesses produce something. Yes, they need good employees to do this. However, they also need capital, good suppliers, and a leader or leaders with enough initiative and intuition to manage many things at one time. Yes, it might be hard for you to realize, but there is no employee entitled to anything for just showing up to work. An employee is only worth what they can contribute to the corporation's or business's success. Some employees possess hard to find skills. Some possess a lot of initiative and intuition. These types of employees are heavily compensated. Those employees with few skills or lack a good work ethic aren't compensated as highly. That's just the way it is.

Again, when a certain corporation makes a lot of profits, who do you think reaps the rewards? It's not any one person. The corporation's shareholders are who reap the rewards. Look around you and you will see a lot of people who are shareholders and it's not always rich people. My company provides a 401k and and matches 25% of any employees contributions. We have a 70% participation rate. We have some employees making less than $10/hour who participate. They are considered shareholders and you can bet they expect the corporations they have invested in to make a handsome profit. And they should.

Location hidden

#82282 Jun 5, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just the U.C.M.J., Dunlapian. Any US citizen has the right to act as their own Counsel in court.
ONLY if the Judge allows it! If you'd read the Article, Idiot, you'd know that! How anybody can be so stupid and think they're so smart can only be attributed to Mental Illness that causes Delusions!

And BTW, "Vet" is the one that set you out as posting on a California Forum as a Military Veteran, and said that you were as Phony as they come! And now, you and Vet are Bosom Buddies...how interesting!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#82284 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't get the money from Nortel, Motorola did. He got the money when he left from Motorola. Motorola paid this. I am sure this payment was made to fulfill a clause in his contract. This goes on almost every day at almost every corporation. You might not like it, but this is how CEO contracts are written.
Pete my friend, this lil greedy CEO left Motorola with a clause not to work for anyone for "X" amount of years, so Motorola paid him "11.5 million or maybe $10.5 I can't remember. So being a greedy lil CEO, when he started with Nortel and told Motorola to stick it. So Nortel coughed up the money........that's why I called him a scammer, and of course the rest is history as this caught the eye of G.W. himself, and G.W. signed him up for his team.
Scammers love the company of other scammers.
I'm quite sure he didn't do any real favors for Nortel either, unless it ended with a lot of cash in his pocket.
Pete this lil greedy scammer was so good he probably dipped into your pocket and you didn't even know it.(if you were there at the time).
Will check back with you tomorrow about any missing money from your pockets.......I truly hope I'm wrong about him dipping into your pocket.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82285 Jun 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, it's easy how I "come up with this stuff"...I watch something besides Fox Fake News and I read something besides Conservative Websites. But, most of all, I pay attention to what has happened since Reagan's years and the changes it's made and none of them are good.
BTW, I lost 4 different jobs when they moved out of the Country, too...and that will tend to get your attention!
Well Sassy, I truly am sorry about your job losses. Sometimes, an employee loses a job and not be at fault. It happens. However, there are also circumstances when an employer must terminate a few to benefit the many. It is hard to employee anyone when you are bankrupt or have no available cash. A corporation also has to find the best staff level to produce the best returns. Their shareholders demand this. I don't know the cirucumstances regarding losing your job, but I realize how hard it must be to lose your job.

I will state one more thing that I honestly don't think you realize. You cannot learn about how our economy operates or how a corporation operates by watching tv or reading internet articles. You have to experience it yourself to really know how our economy operates and how the business world functions. I went to school for many years thinking I was learning how to be a successful businessman. What I didn't realize was my education had just started after I graduated from school. I basically utilize nothing of what I learned in school today. What I do rely on is my own experiences and what others in my industry have taught me through example. This is the only way to fully realize how our economy operates. I don't have enough space to fill you in on all the "fun facts" regarding the business world. One thing I will mention is "Sarbanes Oxley." This one governmental business reform basically made it virtually impossible for any corporation to cheat, falsify financial statements or anything else that may defraud anyone. This is just one bit of information that nobody seems to talk about when discussing "global corporations." I understand why, not many people understand it or have heard about it. But in the business world, this is the governing force keeping everyone in line. It is also a huge reason why the things you accuse corporations of doing can't be done.

Location hidden

#82286 Jun 5, 2013
Pete, I'm really beginning to wonder about you. I didn't read all of your "Book" that you call a Post, but I did skim over it. And you have so many things backwards from the real World of Company Ownership, Unions, Pensions, etc. and just about everything you mentioned that you claim are "carved in stone", and they are not...there are as many variations as they are Companies...that I have to wonder if you are really what you say you are.
You sound more like a Person who has only worked for one Company, two at the most, that operated in very similar ways and that's all you know.
While you're very nice...for Topix...there's just something about you that jusr doesn't ring true, to me.
I could be wrong...it wouldn't be the first time...but something just doesn't seem quite right about you and your Story.
Hideout

Houston, TX

#82287 Jun 5, 2013
Sss....."just sayin'" has already kicked your ass.You're a typical knee-jerk liberal.Really not that bright.Anyone who calls themselves"sexy"on Topix has some real problems with self-esteem.Or,were you simply trying to say that you are suitable for sexual intercourse? Then again, perhaps you are a nut.Lot of nuts on the old"liberal tree"!
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82288 Jun 5, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Pete my friend, this lil greedy CEO left Motorola with a clause not to work for anyone for "X" amount of years, so Motorola paid him "11.5 million or maybe $10.5 I can't remember. So being a greedy lil CEO, when he started with Nortel and told Motorola to stick it. So Nortel coughed up the money........that's why I called him a scammer, and of course the rest is history as this caught the eye of G.W. himself, and G.W. signed him up for his team.
Scammers love the company of other scammers.
I'm quite sure he didn't do any real favors for Nortel either, unless it ended with a lot of cash in his pocket.
Pete this lil greedy scammer was so good he probably dipped into your pocket and you didn't even know it.(if you were there at the time).
Will check back with you tomorrow about any missing money from your pockets.......I truly hope I'm wrong about him dipping into your pocket.
Hey Dunlapian,

I left Nortel in 2003 so I didn't get to work under Zafirovski. However, after our last discussion, I made some inquiries about him with some old Nortel contacts of mine who did work under him. Turns out you're right. He was a snake and played a big role in Nortel's demise. I will be the first to admit, I was wrong and you were right. How did you even hear about this guy?

I will disagree with your opinion of good ole G.W. though. And I am sure our current president would like a second chance at hiring people for the positions he filled like our Attorney General and IRS Chairman :) For that matter, I would like a second chance at some of the people I have hired.

Nobody has dipped into my pocket. I tend to guard it heavily. Nortel was very good to me and I was fortunate to have had the opportunity to work for them when I did. However, I am also glad I missed the later years when they fell apart. In my opinion, this was mainly due to the fact they could not find a way to convert themselves to a data company versus a voice company. But there was some bad management that helped speed the demise up.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82289 Jun 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Pete, I'm really beginning to wonder about you. I didn't read all of your "Book" that you call a Post, but I did skim over it. And you have so many things backwards from the real World of Company Ownership, Unions, Pensions, etc. and just about everything you mentioned that you claim are "carved in stone", and they are not...there are as many variations as they are Companies...that I have to wonder if you are really what you say you are.
You sound more like a Person who has only worked for one Company, two at the most, that operated in very similar ways and that's all you know.
While you're very nice...for Topix...there's just something about you that jusr doesn't ring true, to me.
I could be wrong...it wouldn't be the first time...but something just doesn't seem quite right about you and your Story.
I wrote a "book" trying to explain to you how the real world operates. I took on this task knowing in advance I probably wouldn't be successful. Looks like I wasn't.

Believe what you want, its your opinion and you are entitled to it. But most of what you state as fact is simply incorrect. I have worked for three corporations, but have worked with 100's. Don't take this wrong, but I can honestly say I have a much better understanding of how our economy works than you do. Your misunderstanding is a good example of what magnifies our economy's problems.

Regarding my personal experiences, you believe what you want.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#82290 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dunlapian,
I left Nortel in 2003 so I didn't get to work under Zafirovski. However, after our last discussion, I made some inquiries about him with some old Nortel contacts of mine who did work under him. Turns out you're right. He was a snake and played a big role in Nortel's demise. I will be the first to admit, I was wrong and you were right. How did you even hear about this guy?
I will disagree with your opinion of good ole G.W. though. And I am sure our current president would like a second chance at hiring people for the positions he filled like our Attorney General and IRS Chairman :) For that matter, I would like a second chance at some of the people I have hired.
Nobody has dipped into my pocket. I tend to guard it heavily. Nortel was very good to me and I was fortunate to have had the opportunity to work for them when I did. However, I am also glad I missed the later years when they fell apart. In my opinion, this was mainly due to the fact they could not find a way to convert themselves to a data company versus a voice company. But there was some bad management that helped speed the demise up.
Hi, Pete. The company that my son owned did a lot of business witj Nortel before they folded. Nortel also provided Low Frequency Beacons for the FAA when I worked there. I was shocked when Nortel folded.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#82291 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote a "book" trying to explain to you how the real world operates. I took on this task knowing in advance I probably wouldn't be successful. Looks like I wasn't.
Believe what you want, its your opinion and you are entitled to it. But most of what you state as fact is simply incorrect. I have worked for three corporations, but have worked with 100's. Don't take this wrong, but I can honestly say I have a much better understanding of how our economy works than you do. Your misunderstanding is a good example of what magnifies our economy's problems.
Regarding my personal experiences, you believe what you want.
The loon from Camden is a bitter old woman who thinks she knows about corporate America and how Capitalism works. She is so uninformed that it is impossible to get through to her. You are attempting a mission impossible trying to educate her.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82292 Jun 5, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Pete. The company that my son owned did a lot of business witj Nortel before they folded. Nortel also provided Low Frequency Beacons for the FAA when I worked there. I was shocked when Nortel folded.
It was simply a shock. If somebody would have told me in 2003 that Nortel would be bankrupt in seven years I would have said they were crazy. They were one of the largest telecommunication manufacturers in the world and was the pride of Canada for a long time. However, it is a good example of what can happen if a corporation's leadership team doesn't have a "vision."

They also made very good telephones and most every telephone company in the world sold them. The U.S. headquarters for Nortel was in Nashville, TN. It was at one time the best looking headquarters of any corporation.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82293 Jun 5, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>The loon from Camden is a bitter old woman who thinks she knows about corporate America and how Capitalism works. She is so uninformed that it is impossible to get through to her. You are attempting a mission impossible trying to educate her.
I realize that, but sometimes I can't help myself from trying to correct mis-statements of fact.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82294 Jun 5, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Pete. The company that my son owned did a lot of business witj Nortel before they folded. Nortel also provided Low Frequency Beacons for the FAA when I worked there. I was shocked when Nortel folded.
I bet a lot of Tennesseans don't realize that due to the many mountains, especially in East Tennessee, that many of the phone line transmissions were done via micro-wave radio. It is very hard to plow cable into rocky terrain, so the only alternative was radio frequency transmission. In the late 90's most of the long haul phone line transmission in Tennessee was via radio and good ole Nortel supplied most of it.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#82295 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
It was simply a shock. If somebody would have told me in 2003 that Nortel would be bankrupt in seven years I would have said they were crazy. They were one of the largest telecommunication manufacturers in the world and was the pride of Canada for a long time. However, it is a good example of what can happen if a corporation's leadership team doesn't have a "vision."
They also made very good telephones and most every telephone company in the world sold them. The U.S. headquarters for Nortel was in Nashville, TN. It was at one time the best looking headquarters of any corporation.
The demand for the products that they produced is still extant so I would have to agree that the management team failed Nortel. It was a great blow to the economy of Canada.

Location hidden

#82296 Jun 5, 2013
Hideout wrote:
Sss....."just sayin'" has already kicked your ass.You're a typical knee-jerk liberal.Really not that bright.Anyone who calls themselves"sexy"on Topix has some real problems with self-esteem.Or,were you simply trying to say that you are suitable for sexual intercourse? Then again, perhaps you are a nut.Lot of nuts on the old"liberal tree"!
Actually, I had a problem with a Troll that kept stealing my User Name and and forging my Posts. So, I thought I'd register a Name that would would probably stop most of that.

I prefer "SSS" if you're interested, but it really doesn't matter to me what you call me , just as long as the Posters know it's me and not one of the filthy-talking trolls, and vise-versa.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82297 Jun 5, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>The demand for the products that they produced is still extant so I would have to agree that the management team failed Nortel. It was a great blow to the economy of Canada.
It really was. The killer was that Bell Canada owned approximately 49% of Nortel and saw that investment go to nothing. That had to be a big blow to Canada's economy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most Embarrassing Moment 47 min Kohlrabi 3
food country 54 min winn dixie 2
Green jeep 1 hr MyNegro 11
Jordan Greenway 1 hr neighbor 4
Romney will he run again ? 2 hr Kohlrabi 8
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 2 hr Jennifer Renee 3,656
NEW OFFICIALS I hope Greenville changers for th... 2 hr Kohlrabi 3
Davis Street 5 hr CampCreeper 33
old men at greystone dump 7 hr visitor 16
south greene football 8 hr vincen F 39
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search