|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

DayStar_ wrote:
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?
In a state that elected a Hooters girl as a representative does it really matter who a governor is as long as it says republican in front of the name?
well we look at what the last 3 democraps did as Governor. The "hooters" girl would have done a better job.
holly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass.
<quoted text> Read this link. You'll find it interesting: I know a lot of people don't think Snopes is credible so I find this site pretty fair and supposedly Soros doesn't have an interest in this one. http://www.factcheck.org/2010/02/obama-at-col ... Bayless, you're certainly entitled to your source but I don't read anything that's too far left OR right. You have to be careful of these websites which just churn out false stories. These are the same sites which people cite for those emails that they send to everyone without perusing for one that is unbiased. I do believe a lot of stories on Obama, but not this one, particularly when Boehner is a formwr roommate and Columbia University has presented articles on him. Tell us what you think after reading okay?

Can someone, anyone, direct me to where I had a response on this? I looked, but didn't see any. If someone posts a link on a subject (this one referring to how no one remembers Obama from Columbia) and I post a link that may answer this, you get no feedback? Am I not just seeing it OR is it intentionally being ignored? I think you can liken It to when someone accuses you of something, you prove them wrong and then they act like they never did it. Jmo.

Bayless, just thought you would like to address this. The link of factcheck.org is above for your perusal. Your thoughts on this?
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

aattp.org ????? I looked and considered BOTH sources and guess what, all I see is bias, again.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Sassy, nobody has sold me a bill of goods, nobody has left me hanging, and these global corporations aren't keeping me down. I don't know what you are referring to with these statements, but what you describe I have not seen, and I was part of the corporate world for a very long time. I simply described to you how a CEO's pay is determined. I am not advocating anything. Just explaining how it works. And this is how corporations have operated for a very long time. Yes, more and more corporations are becoming global. But what would you do is you were CEO if you knew you could sell millions of something for $10, but only a few at $20? You would lower costs to get your price to $10. That is what your shareholders expect you do to and that is what you are paid to do and that is what your employees want you to do. Nobody benefits when you don't sell a whole lot. Not you, not the employees and not the government. Manufacturing is outsourced for one reason and one reason only - to reduce costs. Why does every corporation want to reduce costs? Because not a lot of people want to pay more for something, even if it is higher quality. We are in a "throw away" society these days. In the old days, not a lot of manufacturing was outsourced in China. Why? Because China didn't have a lot of factories back then. Also, the freight to get goods to the U.S. was very expensive. These things have changed. None of this has to do with politics or class warfare.
You're right, Pete, it doesn't have anything to do with Politics or Class Warfare. It has to do with Unbridled Greed! Deregulating Wall Street and allowing Big Corporations and Big Banks to run our Economy is one of the worst things to even happen in this Country.

Also, The Global Corporations went global to cut costs, particular the cost of Labor...you're right about that. But, they keep raising the price of their manufactured Products and maximizing their Profits, at the Consumers' expense...plus they have destroyed most of their competition, so that the Consumer has no choice but to buy from them at whatever price they charge.
In general, the Big Global Corporations have a monopoly on just about everything and that means that Small Businesses don't stand a chance of competing or succeeding. But, should one of them manage to do so, the Big Companies will squash them like a bug! They will not let any Small Business take any significant amount of Consumer dollars away from them and the only one Powerful enough to stop this "Domination of the Rich and Powerful" in the Business world, is the U.S. Gov't. and most of Congress are bought off, by the "Rich and Powerful" and frankly, it looks like most of the Supreme Court Justices are, too.
And yet, it's the Little Guy, barely scraping by, that's keeping the Nation going....and he's the only One who cares about this Nation, also. The Wealthy certainly don't, they've proven that. They'd suck her dry and walk off and leave her tomorrow, without ever looking back, if they could...and they've done a pretty good job of it already, but they won't be happy until they get ALL she has to offer. Then, they'll make their "home" in another Country and start doing the same thing to that Country, as well because they have no Loyalty, no Conscience, no Patriotism, no Heart, and no Love for Anything or Anybody, except money!
They won't even die unless they can make money off of it, but they don't mind killing their Workers. <s> After all, it's the Total Capitalist Way and they think it's their God-given Right...or Gov't.-given Right, would be more accurate!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it sister!
It's not nice to add things onto another Poster's Post...plus, I think it might get you Banned from Topix too, if it's reported.
That's a "MsHurl", AKA Psycho-Sicko, tactic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can afford a Second Home or a Vacation Home, you can dang site afford to pay the Tax, so shut up whining about it!
This is my Post and ALL of my Post before "Bayless" added to it. I think that was the name he used . It's not important enough for me to go back and look to make sure.
If you're interested, I figure you get the picture of the Dirty Tricks that TEApublicans will stoop to, whatever Name they're using.
There's no Shame to their Game, that's for sure! You have to have a conscience to feel shame for your wrong actions...and they don't have one.

Monticello, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Tony Rice
jennifer connell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

Nice to see good topics on here

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

"Rep. McDermott Wonders Why TEA Party Groups Applied For Taxpayer-Funded Subsidies."

"Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA) on Tuesday questioned why tea party groups were seeking to be subsidized by the government.

"At a House hearing on IRS misconduct, McDermott acknowledged the federal tax agency had inappropriately used political criteria to locate nonprofit applications that needed extra review.

“But as I listen to this discussion, I’d like to remind everyone what we are talking about here,” he continued.“None of your organizations were kept from organizing or silenced. We are talking about whether or not the American taxpayers would subsidize your work. We are talking about a tax break.”

Click here to read the Full Article:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/04/rep-mcd...
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it sister!
Priceless, Ma'am, simply priceless.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

"SexySassySenior wrote:

<quoted text>
If you can afford a Second Home or a Vacation Home, you can dang site afford to pay the Tax, so shut up whining about it! Heck, all I got is a broke-down house trailer! The food stamps and disability only goes so far you know. SMH

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>I thank you sir for your service, you and all the others that signed the dotted line and agreed to take one for this country. I come form a military family from way back and have the utmost respect for ANYONE who makes that decision. Again thank you.
I appreciate your gratitude, but I Will say that thanks are not necessary. I was raised to believe it was my duty as an able bodied man to serve. Just following in the footsteps of my Dad and brothers.

“IMNTBHO”

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Only by the truthfulness of their other Posts, on other subjects...and your record for truthfulness is so bad it's practically Non-existent!
It's called "credibility", and you have NONE!
Your only definition of "truth" is anyone who shares your opinions. In your feeble mind, all who do not kiss up to you and agree with you are liars. That alone shows your total lack of credibility.

“IMNTBHO”

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah Linda, that's the U.C.M.J.
I still don't really understand it, I guess that's a good thing as I didn't have to go through that crap.
Not just the U.C.M.J., Dunlapian. Any US citizen has the right to act as their own Counsel in court.

“IMNTBHO”

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been talking about it on the phone all day today and I don't like it.
Just because you're arrested does NOT mean that you're necessarily Guilty until you go to Trial and a Jury of your Perrs says that the evidence PROVES that you are.
Yet, your DNA is already taken and who knows where it will wind up and in whose hands, and what it may be used for, or to justify.
This is, without a doubt, the worse Group of Supreme Justices and the most corrupt in our history, IMO...and it all started when Bush stacked the Court with the selection of Roberts and Alito.
Do you feel the same about mug shots and fingerprints when arrested?

“IMNTBHO”

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, the hypocrisy of the left. They continue to vote for the multi millionaire Democrats in the House, the Senate and the White House who have produced nothing but failure and scandals yet decry the successful CEOs in private companies who provide products, services and jobs and wealth. Unbelievable.
And they think a middle school drop out should get $20 an hour for flippin' burgers.

“IMNTBHO”

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost one a day...ever since I've been on Topix! Haven't you been paying attention?:)
And don't forget the mission,you were on, when you assaulted that coworker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your gratitude, but I Will say that thanks are not necessary. I was raised to believe it was my duty as an able bodied man to serve. Just following in the footsteps of my Dad and brothers.
You are so full of it! You claim to be what 63 or 64 years old. We still had the Draft then, you didn't have any choice but to serve! And you only served 2 and a half years, you told me, and then you got a Medical Discharge for falling off a plane and hurting your back, supposedly!
Pete

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, Pete, it doesn't have anything to do with Politics or Class Warfare. It has to do with Unbridled Greed! Deregulating Wall Street and allowing Big Corporations and Big Banks to run our Economy is one of the worst things to even happen in this Country.
Also, The Global Corporations went global to cut costs, particular the cost of Labor...you're right about that. But, they keep raising the price of their manufactured Products and maximizing their Profits, at the Consumers' expense...plus they have destroyed most of their competition, so that the Consumer has no choice but to buy from them at whatever price they charge.
In general, the Big Global Corporations have a monopoly on just about everything and that means that Small Businesses don't stand a chance of competing or succeeding. But, should one of them manage to do so, the Big Companies will squash them like a bug! They will not let any Small Business take any significant amount of Consumer dollars away from them and the only one Powerful enough to stop this "Domination of the Rich and Powerful" in the Business world, is the U.S. Gov't. and most of Congress are bought off, by the "Rich and Powerful" and frankly, it looks like most of the Supreme Court Justices are, too.
And yet, it's the Little Guy, barely scraping by, that's keeping the Nation going....and he's the only One who cares about this Nation, also. The Wealthy certainly don't, they've proven that. They'd suck her dry and walk off and leave her tomorrow, without ever looking back, if they could...and they've done a pretty good job of it already, but they won't be happy until they get ALL she has to offer. Then, they'll make their "home" in another Country and start doing the same thing to that Country, as well because they have no Loyalty, no Conscience, no Patriotism, no Heart, and no Love for Anything or Anybody, except money!
They won't even die unless they can make money off of it, but they don't mind killing their Workers. <s> After all, it's the Total Capitalist Way and they think it's their God-given Right...or Gov't.-given Right, would be more accurate!
Good gosh Sassy, how to you come up with this stuff? This is so eccentric that it is hard to respond to in a manner you will comprehend, but I will try anyway.

Banks, corporations and every other business are our economy. Our GDP is the measure of all of these entities output and is used to measure our growth and productivity. When GDP is growing, our economy is growing. When it is shrinking, our economy is shrinking. This is basic economics 101. Without these entities, we have no economy. If you want a good example, look at every third world nation and look how their economy is. They have hardly any corporations or businesses. You want to be like that??

You stated corporations maximize their profits at the customer's expense. Of course they do. That is their purpose and that is what their shareholders demand. The customer has many choices whose products to purchase. They can opt to not purchase from any corporation. If a customer voluntarily buys from a corporation, how can you say that customer got screwed? Keep in mind, a lot of customers are corporations as well. No corporation can afford to take advantage of any customer for very long and succeed. And no corporation is going to raise prices to the point demand starts falling off. This simply doesn't happen and I haven't seen prices of the goods I sell rise in the last four years.

Regarding your statement about corporations squashing competition, that couldn't be more incorrect. There is more competition today than at any other time in history. A global market means more competition, not less. No corporation has a monopoly unless it is a utility and they have strict regulations to follow.

more to follow ...
roxyb

Davidson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Got pulled ova n im 10-50 bitches ;p

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BODY CAMERAS for POLICE ist it time 8 min You haveNO rights 11
Does anyone know Pam Brown R.N. 10 min FYI 1
Davis Street 10 min green frog 9
ward park (Mar '13) 10 min Dislike PRIVILEGED 6
BURNING MAN festival call off in AZ due to rain 11 min Monkey Trials 1
there is no honest, respectful men in this town... 12 min Booger_ Burns 16
twested scissors 15 min Booger_ Burns 3
Keeping county office employees from sleeping w... 17 hr Dr Wu 17

Search the Greeneville Forum:
•••