Since: Feb 13

Guild

#80152 May 15, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Now, that's funny! You Tea Baggers have called Charlie Rangel every Name in the book and demanded his resignation, while accusing him of being a Criminal...but now, all of a sudden, he's your "go to" Democrat for an opinion on what Obama should do.
Now, that wouldn't be because they're both Black, would it? I KNOW it can't be because they are both Democrats...since when do you believe anything a Democrat says, much less listen to, or consider their opinion?
I was pointing out that even Rangel is giving Obama grief.

However, I appreciate your pointing out the race of each man. It is so good to debate a person who judges a man not on the color of his skin, but the content of his character.

Location hidden

#80153 May 15, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not an 'embarrassing moment'. It is the federal government going after citizens that have different political views than the current administration - whichever party it is. Further, the federal government wire tapping the press like what happened to the AP stomps all over the 1st Amendment.
I'm not overly surprised when liberals attack the 2nd Amendment RIGHTS...however, it is shocking that liberals think in this instance - only because Obama is in the White House - that a blatant attack on the 1st Amendment RIGHTS is OK.
Liberals don't see everything in Black and White, like TEA baggers do. We realize that there are "GRAY" areas on every Issue!
This MAJOR difference is what makes the Democrats willing to "compromise" and TEA Baggers, "My Way Or The Highway" People!

Well...that and the fact that most of you are just plain ole Selfish, Self-centered, Spoiled Adult Brats!

Location hidden

#80154 May 15, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a monster. I don't know any liberals that would disagree with this.
Even though I am 100% Pro-Choice, and support Abortion Rights 100%, I think what this Man did is Murder. I think his Verdict was the correct One!

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#80155 May 15, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this mean you'll never bring THIS up after Jan 2017?
Mine is only on response to yours, so you first.
JesusYourNot

Ventura, CA

#80156 May 15, 2013
Soldiers of Light church in lebanon tennessee is a cult. the pastor is a thief, using tithing money to buy trucks and motorcycles and taking food donated to the homeless to his home and eating it himself.whoever wins this election should close this dump down and file charges.

Location hidden

#80157 May 15, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pointing out that even Rangel is giving Obama grief.
However, I appreciate your pointing out the race of each man. It is so good to debate a person who judges a man not on the color of his skin, but the content of his character.
Don't even trying playng the Race Card, Nuh...it was YOU that chose Charlie Rangel's opinion to quote, not me! And out of all the People you could have chosen, some of them White Democrats, You pick One who is of the same Race as the President...and you think Nobody will notice? C'mon on!
Again, typical TEA Bagger logic...SNAFU!

Location hidden

#80158 May 15, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not see the irony of the IRS that has admitted to infringing upon American's 1st Amendment RIGHTS being investigated by a Justice Department that has been caught red-handed of infringing upon American's 1st Amendment RIGHTS?
Well, answer the question! Who do you WANT to investigate the IRS?

Guild

#80159 May 15, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even trying playng the Race Card, Nuh...it was YOU that chose Charlie Rangel's opinion to quote, not me! And out of all the People you could have chosen, some of them White Democrats, You pick One who is of the same Race as the President...and you think Nobody will notice? C'mon on!
Again, typical TEA Bagger logic...SNAFU!
Charlie Rangel is a member of congress and I quoted what HE said.

YOU pointed out that both he and Obama are of the same race.

Guild

#80160 May 15, 2013
In addition, Rangel is a member of the House Ways And Means Committee, which will hold a hearing on why the IRS gave tougher scrutiny to conservative groupsí non-profits applications on Friday morning.

Guild

#80161 May 15, 2013
Keep in mind, under ObamaCare, the IRS is in charge of your healthcare....

The Internal Revenue Service is facing a class action lawsuit alleging that more than 60 million personal medical records were improperly accessed, and stolen, by agents from the embattled agency. Itís just one more reason, as I wrote yesterday, to re-think the agencyís role under Obamacare.

Inevitably, Obamacare confers the IRS with broad access to information about our health insurance, as well as direct electronic linkages into a new government super computer that will also store a lot of bottom line information about our individual healthcare choices.

Itís a recipe for mischief by an agency thatís proving that it canít be fully trusted.

This isnít a fictional, Orwellian vision. Itís a reality of how Obamacare was structured. And how much the law depends on enforcement meted out by the IRS.

The Obama Administration probably didnít set out to design the system this way. But a myriad of concessions made to accommodate the lawís vast scope and intrusive provisions has placed many of its applications in the lap of the IRS.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottgottlie...ed...

Guild

#80162 May 15, 2013
The House Committee on Energy and Commerce sent a letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announcing an investigation into recent reports that HHS is soliciting funds to support Obamacare.

The leaders wrote,ďCurrently, health insurers are seeking HHS approval to qualify for the health exchanges established by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act so that they may attempt to sell their services to the public when enrollment begins in a few months. Your agency also has the power to review the insurance rates that providers wish to charge.Ē

The leaders requested HHS provide by May 27, 2013, a list of individuals, companies, and organizations that have been received the fundraising pitch, a list of HHS employees that participated, a summary of the communications and information relayed, and detailed information on the funding sources and amount spent/allocated to implement the law.

Sebelius is no stranger to controversy after violating the Hatch Act in 2012. The New York Times reported Sunday that she was fundraising for nonprofits to ensure the success of Obamacare.

Senator Lamar Alexander specifically questioned the legality of this outreach, noting that the responsibility to fund the Executive Branch is the purview of Congress under the Constitution; you cannot circumvent it by reaching out to private donors.
Tired

Dandridge, TN

#80163 May 15, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any idea right now, as we speak, how many Constitutionalists and Militia Members we have in TN. that are plotting to over-throw the Gov't.? If you don't, you better read up on it, it would astound you...and those are ONLY the Ones the Gov't. knows about!
I would guess that 99% of the TEA Baggers, in this State, belong to one! Then, we've got the Skin Heads and the Racists and, I'm sure, some more Groups that I've never even heard of...and that's not even counting the Foreign Terrorists that I'd bet are in this State.
But, if they hate Obama and want to over-throw the Gov't., they can do nothing wrong in your eyes, no matter how dangerous and Low-life they are! That's not rational-thinking...that's an obsession and a dangerous One!
"The Enemy of my Enemy, is my Friend"! People that belong to the above-mentioned Groups see Obama and the Federal Gov't. as their Enemy!
First of all, I do not believe any group should be "targeted" for political reasons. However, when this first came out my thought was, "what makes all these groups tax-exempt"? Can I just start a website and call myself "Freedom from taxes forever", collect money from people that I don't have to disclose their identity, not disclose what I am going to do with that money, and call myself a tax-exempt org? We definitely have enough fringe groups out there that we don't need to be helping, so I am all for investigating those.

I also read that there was a drastic increase in the number in applications (more than doubled) from 2010 to 2012, and that they were being grouped because of the influx of applications from similar groups.
"In an op-ed Tuesday in USA Today, Miller argued that the IRS targeted groups affiliated with the tea party because at the time, in 2010, there was a "sharp increase" in the number of applications coming from those types of organizations.

"We sought to centralize work in this area in 2010 because our office of Exempt Organizations observed a sharp increase in the number of section 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) applications coming from groups potentially engaged in political campaign intervention," Miller wrote. "Between 2010 and 2012, the number of applications for 501(c)(4) status more than doubled, from 1,591 to 3,398."

It was important for the IRS to carefully review those organizations' applications, Miller argued, because "the law limits and in some cases prohibits political intervention by exempt organizations." Still, he said, the "way we initially centralized" those cases for review "did not" make sense."

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Ineffectiv...

Still my question is, what makes these groups qualify for tax-exempt status because surely they can't be considered "for the common good". I found the article below about being too lax on tax exempt status interesting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ruth-m...
Tired

Dandridge, TN

#80164 May 15, 2013
JesusYourNot wrote:
Soldiers of Light church in lebanon tennessee is a cult. the pastor is a thief, using tithing money to buy trucks and motorcycles and taking food donated to the homeless to his home and eating it himself.whoever wins this election should close this dump down and file charges.
And he has tax-exempt status no doubt...

Guild

#80165 May 15, 2013
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I do not believe any group should be "targeted" for political reasons. However, when this first came out my thought was, "what makes all these groups tax-exempt"? Can I just start a website and call myself "Freedom from taxes forever", collect money from people that I don't have to disclose their identity, not disclose what I am going to do with that money, and call myself a tax-exempt org? We definitely have enough fringe groups out there that we don't need to be helping, so I am all for investigating those.
I also read that there was a drastic increase in the number in applications (more than doubled) from 2010 to 2012, and that they were being grouped because of the influx of applications from similar groups.
"In an op-ed Tuesday in USA Today, Miller argued that the IRS targeted groups affiliated with the tea party because at the time, in 2010, there was a "sharp increase" in the number of applications coming from those types of organizations.
"We sought to centralize work in this area in 2010 because our office of Exempt Organizations observed a sharp increase in the number of section 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) applications coming from groups potentially engaged in political campaign intervention," Miller wrote. "Between 2010 and 2012, the number of applications for 501(c)(4) status more than doubled, from 1,591 to 3,398."
It was important for the IRS to carefully review those organizations' applications, Miller argued, because "the law limits and in some cases prohibits political intervention by exempt organizations." Still, he said, the "way we initially centralized" those cases for review "did not" make sense."
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Ineffectiv...
Still my question is, what makes these groups qualify for tax-exempt status because surely they can't be considered "for the common good". I found the article below about being too lax on tax exempt status interesting.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ruth-m...
Very good points.

Location hidden

#80166 May 15, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
Keep in mind, under ObamaCare, the IRS is in charge of your healthcare....
The Internal Revenue Service is facing a class action lawsuit alleging that more than 60 million personal medical records were improperly accessed, and stolen, by agents from the embattled agency. Itís just one more reason, as I wrote yesterday, to re-think the agencyís role under Obamacare.
Inevitably, Obamacare confers the IRS with broad access to information about our health insurance, as well as direct electronic linkages into a new government super computer that will also store a lot of bottom line information about our individual healthcare choices.
Itís a recipe for mischief by an agency thatís proving that it canít be fully trusted.
This isnít a fictional, Orwellian vision. Itís a reality of how Obamacare was structured. And how much the law depends on enforcement meted out by the IRS.
The Obama Administration probably didnít set out to design the system this way. But a myriad of concessions made to accommodate the lawís vast scope and intrusive provisions has placed many of its applications in the lap of the IRS.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottgottlie...ed...
It won't be in charge of my Healthcare, Chief, because I won't be on Obamacare!

Location hidden

#80167 May 15, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
In addition, Rangel is a member of the House Ways And Means Committee, which will hold a hearing on why the IRS gave tougher scrutiny to conservative groupsí non-profits applications on Friday morning.
OK, I'll accept that wasn't how you meant it, but it certainly could have been taken that way, as I pointed out.
Tired

Dandridge, TN

#80168 May 15, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good points.
Well, since you are in a good mood,;) I will ask you the question I asked Amos last night and got no response. You made the same comment today that he made last night, and that was that the AP was wire-tapped. The info I have heard so far is that their phone records were subpoenaed from 2012 in order to find records linking intel leaks from someone in Washington. How are phone ďrecordsĒ(not recordings) from 2012 "wire-tapped"?

Location hidden

#80169 May 15, 2013
JesusYourNot wrote:
Find you another Church to attend and start a Thread on your Hometown Forum, if you're sure this is what is going on, and tell the Local people about it.
Be prepard to take some flack over what you post, but if you're sure this is really going on, let the Local People and Parishioners know. You'll be doing a good thing because these kind of People need to be exposed. That's my unsolicited advice.
If you're wrong and there's some reasonable explanation for it, you may find that out, too.

Guild

#80170 May 15, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be in charge of my Healthcare, Chief, because I won't be on Obamacare!
Easy now Sassy...I never claimed to be a Native American...like Elisabeth Warren is - much less a 'Chief'

Location hidden

#80171 May 15, 2013
"Media Matters Not Sure The DOJ Was Wrong When It Violated AP Press Freedoms, According To Memo:(UPDATE)."

Click here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/medi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***** last post wins ***** (Oct '14) 1 hr Independent1 1,745
Mail carrier won't pickup my mail??? (Dec '10) 3 hr Get Over It 113
bonnie whittington 4 hr gracious grow up 5
Josh Daniels (Aug '13) 4 hr blondie 2
Scary drivers in Greeneville! 5 hr Kohlrabi 3
Greene valley 5 hr Greene Light 16
Any Gay Friendly places (Apr '11) 5 hr Greene Light 118
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE