Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#79627 May 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Neither do I criticize you guys who are atheists.We all walk a different road.
Waco, I'm not an Atheist. I believe in God, talk to him quite often , as a matter of fact...I just have a problem with Organized Religion. They and God are not one and the same, in my way of thinking. In fact, most of the time they are total Strangers to one another, IMO!
But, like you, I have no problem with Atheists. It's their Right and their choice to be One and it's none of my business...as long as they don't try to force it on me. I feel the same way about People who belong to an Organized Religion. It's the "forcing it on me and/or Others" that I can't tolerate.
One's Faith is a private matter, IMO, and Nobody should try to force or badger you into it, or out of it. That is totally the Individual's decision and it's Nobody else's business.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#79628 May 11, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>"The 4-F classification was given primarily for muscular and bone malformations,...". Hang nail doesn't qualify.
False.

http://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/pdf/r40_501.pd...

Location hidden

#79629 May 11, 2013
mark wrote:
<quoted text>
On this forum you can claim and say anything such as you were unfit for the military. You can say you were 4-f or you were volunteering for the military which may or may not be true. You see I ran for congress landed on the moon was abducted by little green men lost millions in the stock market crash in 2008 and even refused to be Obamas vice president both time he ran for office. And not once did I call you a liar.
Yes, you're exactly correct. I could have said I was a Navy SEAL, but I stated the much more unbelievable assertion that I wasn't accepted into the service because I was classified 4-F.

If nothing is to be believed whatsoever on this forum, why are you wasting time here?

Location hidden

#79630 May 11, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Bob, out of total disinterest in you or your father, take a hike.
Translation: I was never in combat.
Bob

United States

#79631 May 11, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Bob, out of total disinterest in you or your father, take a hike.
Well Vet, I guess you're really not a veteran are you? No veteran would say that about another veteran. I just said he was a plain Army foot soldier. Nothing fancy. However, you are hiding behind your lame attempt at being angry with me. Nice attempt at deflecting the truth of your service. Also you state you know several languages and yet you bypassed Spanish comments. I think you would jump right in there and converse with someone who may be from another culture. When someone asks you non threatening questions like military service and the la.gauges you speak, you call them morons or just plain act nasty. I call BS on your BS because you know you're a FRAUD!

What about it posters? Is Vet the person he claims or is he embellishing himself? Okay Vet, go ahead with the name calling, but your smoke screen is getting pretty transparent. You could put an end to the doubts with just a little truth.

Location hidden

#79634 May 11, 2013
Vet wrote:
"On Friday, NBC News confirmed that the White House, with input from State Department officials, had edited talking points about the Benghazi attacks 12 times in the hours following the incident. Those edits included a scrubbing of references to terrorist warnings as well as to the al Qaeda-affiliated group Ansar al-Sharia.
The State Dept., that would be Hillary Clinton. Hmmm...
But absent in ABC’s report is the key point that Obama and various members of his administration referred to the Benghazi assault as a terror attack on numerous occasions shortly after the incident (thereby negating the need to “scrub” any references in the talking points) and that then-CIA Director David Petraeus said the terrorist references were taken out to, as the New York Times reported,“avoid tipping off the groups” that may have been involved.

Perhaps if Republicans and, ahem, those non-Republicans who always vote Republican, would nominate a better candidate, they wouldn't have to worry so much about attaching scandals to possible Democratic candidates.
Bob

United States

#79635 May 11, 2013
I also remember a post of you talking about your faith in God and the truth through His Son, Jesus, to one who was Jewish. Now is a good time to make it clear, through your faith, about your service and the languages you speak.

Location hidden

#79636 May 11, 2013
Actually, if I remember correctly, Vet has posted before that he was in the Air Force and that he was stationed in Antarctica and his job was to watch the sky for any incoming foreign Aircraft and his biggest complaint was that it was cold there!
Bob

United States

#79637 May 11, 2013
Maybe all postings should stop until Vet answers. Some of us, hopefully, will wait.

Location hidden

#79639 May 11, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>I know you weren't, OA. You were 4F.
What is wrong with you? Seriously, what is wrong with you that you take so much pleasure in making other People miserable...and you do it on purpose! That's not normal, Vet,

I still say that you're a very unhappy Person, if not downright miserable!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#79641 May 11, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
This simply isn't true OA. This particular Republican and many more like me use a man's character as determining their worth, not money. Romney's wealth had nothing to do with him being nominated as the Republican candidate nor did John Kerry's wealth have anything to do with him being elected Senator. If wealth were the sole criteria, how did Newt Gingrich get to be speaker? Mr. Gingrich lived in a small house in East Cobb County in Georgia while being the Speaker.
Societal worth according to many republicans including myself is what you contribute to your community and country. It could come in the form of providing jobs, charity support, volunteer service, simply being a friend, devoting some time to community organizations, paying your taxes, supporting your family etc. Most of the republicans I know prioritize taking care of their family and their community. If amassing wealth was the only thing republicans cared about, there would be a whole of charities bankrupt by now and a lot less universities and colleges.
Issuing a blanket critical statement on other's societal worth only makes someone question yours. These types of statements are very risky business in my opinion.
You are right to point out that blanket statements are usually on shaky ground "Pete", but it isn't exactly a one sided issue !
For example, I can't tell you the number of times I have posted something in support of the food stamp program, only to have several posters accuse me of getting them, being raised on them, raising my children on them, selling them, buying them and other assorted lies, as if no sane person could support something they themselves do not benefit from.
Yesterday, I posted something and was told, I should get a job, since I was posting during working hours. When I pointed out that I was at work and had been for quite a while, I was taking advantage of my coworkers, and when I politely informed them that my co-workers worked FOR me, I was a capitalist pig that paid them slave wages and exploited them unmercifully ! TRUTHFULLY "Pete" if a poster doesn't have a good sense of humor and a hide like a buffalo, it does get pretty hard NOT to make blanket statements ! Fortunately I am blessed with both ! Chuckles !!
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#79642 May 11, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
But absent in ABC’s report is the key point that Obama and various members of his administration referred to the Benghazi assault as a terror attack on numerous occasions shortly after the incident (thereby negating the need to “scrub” any references in the talking points) and that then-CIA Director David Petraeus said the terrorist references were taken out to, as the New York Times reported,“avoid tipping off the groups” that may have been involved.
Perhaps if Republicans and, ahem, those non-Republicans who always vote Republican, would nominate a better candidate, they wouldn't have to worry so much about attaching scandals to possible Democratic candidates.
Goodness OA, you certainly are sour on Republicans today. If you like, I can easily post on here numerous examples of Democrats and, ahem, non-Democrats who always vote Democratic, who have maliciously slandered the Republican candidate at the time trying to taint the election of the time towards their candidate. Does this mean Repubicans at that time should have stated to democrats that they simply should start nominating better candidates as the sole repercussion?

Look, both parties cover things up when bad things happen. In the world of politics, virtue is the exception. However, in the world of reality, the truth always comes out and the cover-ups are always exposed. In the Benghazi incident, the truth will eventually come out. If there was a cover-up, then there will be repercussions. If there wasn't, then life goes on and this was simply a catastrophic and unfortunate event. Opining on here about what did and did not happen is a fruitless venture because nobody on here knows what did or did not happen. However, one day, we will all know. Using this incident a fodder for political gain is something that will not benefit Republicans or Democrats. One way or another, one of these parties will be seriously maimed because of this. Right now, the ultimate truth is not known by Topix posters.
Bob

United States

#79643 May 11, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Bob. I was a Captain, 8 years USAF, 2 ea. DD-214's, 57 combat missions. All four of the males in my family served their country, all have combat medals. If your father served which only you know whether he did, he certainly has my respect. I don't know if you served but if you did, you have my respect.
Thank you Vet for you answer. I respect your service, I really do. My father really did serve too. He came to us with a head inquiry and he couldn't provide for me, my two siblings and mother. After awhile, he actually left us. I couldn't serve because I have diabetic retinopathy, but I sure would have loved to be able to be a pilot such as yourself.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#79644 May 11, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You are right to point out that blanket statements are usually on shaky ground "Pete", but it isn't exactly a one sided issue !
For example, I can't tell you the number of times I have posted something in support of the food stamp program, only to have several posters accuse me of getting them, being raised on them, raising my children on them, selling them, buying them and other assorted lies, as if no sane person could support something they themselves do not benefit from.
Yesterday, I posted something and was told, I should get a job, since I was posting during working hours. When I pointed out that I was at work and had been for quite a while, I was taking advantage of my coworkers, and when I politely informed them that my co-workers worked FOR me, I was a capitalist pig that paid them slave wages and exploited them unmercifully ! TRUTHFULLY "Pete" if a poster doesn't have a good sense of humor and a hide like a buffalo, it does get pretty hard NOT to make blanket statements ! Fortunately I am blessed with both ! Chuckles !!
Hi OT. I know what you mean and agree to a point. I saw some of the posts aimed in your direction and sort of laughed at the intellect of some of those posters. Me personally, I only pay attention to the posters who over time I have developed a curiosity for their viewpoints. I will admit, there are a couple I will read and respond to for the shear entertainment value. Most of the other more vulgar and obscene posters I simply don't read. I also ignore any post that contains anything personal. That is why I try to refrain from blanket criticisms or statements because everyone is different, even within a certain political party. And let's face it, some posters on here aren't who they say they are so issuing statements that include them are simply entertaining them. I think they crave controversy.

You're a good man OT and as always, I enjoy your wit, humor, intellect and courtesy.
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

#79645 May 11, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Linda.
This is a very good article about how Carbon Dioxide is at it's hightest level since humans started walking on this planet of ours.
Save the planet. Stop breathing. Kill a tree.

God! I love the smell of carbon dioxide in the morning....

Location hidden

#79646 May 11, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Bob. I was a Captain, 8 years USAF, 2 ea. DD-214's, 57 combat missions. All four of the males in my family served their country, all have combat medals. If your father served which only you know whether he did, he certainly has my respect. I don't know if you served but if you did, you have my respect.
Oh Lord, and here is another "Vet Story". He'll never tell the truth and he's had so much practice at lying , nobody will ever know the truth. He could probably fool a polygraph machine, without the drugs that the Criminals take to fool it.

So, I say...WHO CARES, anyway. The only thing that I know for sure is that he can be an obnoxious Person and frankly, that's all I need to know! I try to stay away from obnoxious People!
mark

Livingston, TN

#79647 May 11, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you're exactly correct. I could have said I was a Navy SEAL, but I stated the much more unbelievable assertion that I wasn't accepted into the service because I was classified 4-F.
If nothing is to be believed whatsoever on this forum, why are you wasting time here?
So when people claim to be a veteran and you say they aren't or who claim to have been in combat and you call them liars. Then why call them liars or even post a comment if you think they are lying.
Pot? kettle?
Mobile_Amused

Livingston, TN

#79648 May 11, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Lord, and here is another "Vet Story". He'll never tell the truth and he's had so much practice at lying , nobody will ever know the truth. He could probably fool a polygraph machine, without the drugs that the Criminals take to fool it.
So, I say...WHO CARES, anyway. The only thing that I know for sure is that he can be an obnoxious Person and frankly, that's all I need to know! I try to stay away from obnoxious People!
Obnoxious person you have to be kidding right? Then you must really hate to be around yourself.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#79649 May 11, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Oh but I did earn money from working for over 40 years. Now I have that income that OT calls evil, capital gains that had a tax rate of 15% until Obama, now it's 23.7%. No, you still don't have the initiation fee correct, it was more and the annual fee is less. For someone in the near 2% of income,150K (200 in a good year) you sure like to bash the wealthy, don't you OA. A little hypocrisy? Oh, I'm not a near neighbor of Truitt, but fairly close.Was there sarcasm in your post? I am shocked and appalled.
Good Morning "Vet" ! It's raining here in East Tn. and I am about to get moldy or is it mildewed ?
You have it all wrong. I am tickled that there are folks who have investments and investment income. There is nothing "evil" about that. I believe that the tax rate on those investments should be equal to the rate for honest labor, and I think that capital gains should be subject to the payroll tax. Now...you disagree, I respect that and we have been over this before, but your reasons didn't convince me to change my opinion and mine likewise for you. It's not the first time, we haven't seen eye to eye, and if we live, I suspect it won't be the last. Thats what makes life interesting.
It's almost going home time, talk to you later !

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#79650 May 11, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Waco, I'm not an Atheist. I believe in God, talk to him quite often , as a matter of fact...I just have a problem with Organized Religion. They and God are not one and the same, in my way of thinking. In fact, most of the time they are total Strangers to one another, IMO!
But, like you, I have no problem with Atheists. It's their Right and their choice to be One and it's none of my business...as long as they don't try to force it on me. I feel the same way about People who belong to an Organized Religion. It's the "forcing it on me and/or Others" that I can't tolerate.
One's Faith is a private matter, IMO, and Nobody should try to force or badger you into it, or out of it. That is totally the Individual's decision and it's Nobody else's business.
Got that right.I tend not to trust people who want to pray in front of other people constanty.I don't use my faith to act like I'm better than everybody.Nor, do I like to shove my beliefs down others throats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll U ginna doenate ur body parts to science? 1 min FriendofDog 3
cook out burgers 2 hr Agreed 23
Gary's automotive 3 hr haters gonna hate 2
Miss Robbie Foshie Bragdon buying FlipZone 3 hr haters gonna hate 3
Hair by Brittany bacon!! 4 hr Wondering 4
docters and nurses behaving very badly 4 hr truth 9
Another 4 hr whothehellcares- 18
I'm back! 12 hr Really 9
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search