Comments
70,761 - 70,780 of 145,907 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#78873 May 7, 2013
Hmmm...interesting. This Blogger may be right.
----------
"Why Liberals Should Thank South Carolina."

Click here:
http://spiffysean.com/2013/05/07/why-liberals...

Location hidden

#78874 May 7, 2013
"Kidnapping Victim Elizabeth Smart Speaks Out Against Abstinence-Only Education."

Click here:
http://deadstate.org/kidnapping-victim-elizab...
scarlett pimpernel

Livingston, TN

#78875 May 8, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you express one iota of concern for the 52 Americans killed in embassy attacks during the Bush administration? Or do American deaths during Republican administrations not matter?
The death of any American killed in an attack under any President is truly sad.You truly are pathetic. Did you care one iota during the Fort Hood shooting when 11 service members were killed by a terrorist but, that was called work place violence. Drama queen and hypocrite.
tired of ignorance

Dunlap, TN

#78876 May 8, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"Kidnapping Victim Elizabeth Smart Speaks Out Against Abstinence-Only Education."

Click here:
http://deadstate.org/kidnapping-victim-elizab...
Well SSS must have gone to bed!!!
SSS2

Paris, TN

#78877 May 8, 2013
How screwball conspiracy theories can rescue americas economy.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#78878 May 8, 2013
scarlett pimpernel wrote:
<quoted text>
The death of any American killed in an attack under any President is truly sad.You truly are pathetic. Did you care one iota during the Fort Hood shooting when 11 service members were killed by a terrorist but, that was called work place violence. Drama queen and hypocrite.
Pot? Kettle?

The conservatives want to impeach the president for 4 deaths that occurred during an embassy attack during his administration, but showed ZERO outrage over the 52 deaths that occurred during embassy attacks under the Bush administration. Can you not even smell hypocrisy when it's crusting on your mustache?
Tired

Dandridge, TN

#78880 May 8, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to discover the new invention of the "Smart Phone." It has internet capabilities and Topix has an app for them. It takes about 30 seconds to see new posts and reply to the ones that get you riled up.
You are a little sensitive Pete. You and OT did not come to mind when I made that post, but thanks for clearing that up. I don't know about the 30 second part on long posts, but hey you're the boss. It is easy to see who posts occasionally and who gets up in the morning and makes it their daily mission, and at the same time complain about those who don't work. I was only pointing out that those doing that can't be running much of a business. Anyway, time to work - have a great day!
Tired

Dandridge, TN

#78881 May 8, 2013
Vet wrote:
"Not for the first time, Sen. Jim InHofe (R-OK) is accusing President Obama of conspiring to buy up the nation's ammo as a backdoor route to gun control.
Speaking on NYC's WABC radio, Inhofe told host Aaron Klein that Americans "can't even buy ammunition because government is purchasing so much."
"Our president, Obama, has been doing everything he could to stop the private ownership of guns in America," Inhofe said. "My feeling is that he's doing this to buy up [ammo] so that we can't buy."
"It's just another effort to restrict gun activity and ownership. We have in this country the Second Amendment, that preserves the right to keep and bear arms, and the president doesn't believe in that."
Sounds like that would be good for the ammo manufactures. They would be busy making more...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#78887 May 8, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I will have to agree with you. I believe the next PRes. will be a Dem/lib regardless of who the Teaparty-Repubs put up for election.There are too many people on the dole to vote any other way. Mostly they are mindless, but they want to keep their check coming in. Now we all have to live with it. Just buckle-up it fixin' to get worse.
I love posts like this. They illustrate the mindset of the new Republican party. It isn't your policies that alienated the majority of Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, women, independants and gays, they voted for Obama twice because they are all getting a check ! I love it ! Maybe the national party can hire you to design the advertising campaign for 2016.

BTW Didn't you say that you were getting a check ?

Location hidden

#78888 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Pot? Kettle?
The conservatives want to impeach the president for 4 deaths that occurred during an embassy attack during his administration, but showed ZERO outrage over the 52 deaths that occurred during embassy attacks under the Bush administration. Can you not even smell hypocrisy when it's crusting on your mustache?
OA, it's not a funny subject, but I gotta say that you do have a way with words, while making your point. That last sentence made me laugh.:)
And , you're absolutely right on every point.
Good job!

Location hidden

#78890 May 8, 2013
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like that would be good for the ammo manufactures. They would be busy making more...
The Gun Rights Fanatics, fueled by the NRA, have made a fortune for the Gun and Ammo Manufacturers, in a very short period of time. So much so, that the Ammo Manufacturers can't even keep up with the demand.
I've been told that Assault Weapons have just about tripled in price...I don't know about the Ammo, but I'll bet the same is true for it, too...or will be when the new shipments come in.

I'm just curious...do any of you think that you're being taken for a ride? I think you are! I think you're being played like a cheap fiddle!
You know what they say..."a fool and his money are soon parted".

Location hidden

#78891 May 8, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I love posts like this. They illustrate the mindset of the new Republican party. It isn't your policies that alienated the majority of Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, women, independants and gays, they voted for Obama twice because they are all getting a check ! I love it ! Maybe the national party can hire you to design the advertising campaign for 2016.
BTW Didn't you say that you were getting a check ?
Lol! Yep, I think you're right, OT!:)

Guild

#78892 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Under Obama there have been 2 embassy attacks and 4 deaths. Under Bush there were 11 embassy attacks and 52 deaths. Please provide a link to your earlier outrage when Bush sat and allowed 13 times more Americans die on "his watch." Was it somehow Clinton's fault?
Please provide a link to your assertion that Bush - or Clinton for that matter - sat idly by then went to bed...or infinitely worse, WOULD NOT ALLOW MILITARY ASSETS TO ASSIST WHILE OUR PEOPLE WERE SCREAMING FOR HELP, when American soil was under attack for nearly eight hours.

Please, do tell....or are you just gonna continue to be an Obama apologist and go back to your play book of blaming Bush?

Guild

#78893 May 8, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gun Rights Fanatics, fueled by the NRA, have made a fortune for the Gun and Ammo Manufacturers, in a very short period of time. So much so, that the Ammo Manufacturers can't even keep up with the demand.
I've been told that Assault Weapons have just about tripled in price...I don't know about the Ammo, but I'll bet the same is true for it, too...or will be when the new shipments come in.
I'm just curious...do any of you think that you're being taken for a ride? I think you are! I think you're being played like a cheap fiddle!
You know what they say..."a fool and his money are soon parted".
The Obama administration ordering billions of rounds for 'homeland security' has more to do with it than what your 'thinking'.

Location hidden

#78894 May 8, 2013
What the heck is going on with our Military and particularly, the Air Force???
Sexual Assaults through the roof, even the One in charge of dealing with them...and now, this!
----------
"AP Exclusive: Air Force Sidelines 17 ICBM Officers."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-air-force-...

Guild

#78896 May 8, 2013
Despite what liberals contend, spoon fed by leftist media....

Gun crime has plunged in the United States since its peak in the middle of the 1990s, including gun killings, assaults, robberies and other crimes, two new studies of government data show.

In less than two decades, the gun murder rate has been nearly cut in half. Other gun crimes fell even more sharply, paralleling a broader drop in violent crimes committed with or without guns. Violent crime dropped steeply during the 1990s and has fallen less dramatically since the turn of the millennium.

In the same time frame more and more states have allowed law-abiding citizens to carry - either concealed or openly...it is now up to 48 states.

Guild

#78897 May 8, 2013
Well, Pelosi and the Democrat's hope for momentum in taking back the U.S. House of Representatives got dashed yesterday in a South Carolina special election.

Despite Stephan Colbert's sister, Elizabeth Colbert-Busch (D), being listed TWICE on the ballot...she was soundly defeated by Mark Sanford (R) 54%- 45%.

Location hidden

#78898 May 8, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide a link to your assertion that Bush - or Clinton for that matter - sat idly by then went to bed...or infinitely worse, WOULD NOT ALLOW MILITARY ASSETS TO ASSIST WHILE OUR PEOPLE WERE SCREAMING FOR HELP, when American soil was under attack for nearly eight hours.
Please, do tell....or are you just gonna continue to be an Obama apologist and go back to your play book of blaming Bush?
Better yet, Nuh, you provide a Link to a Reliable Source that says Obama, or anybody in his Administration, did what you are implying that he or they did...and I said a "Reliable" Source!

If the TEApublicans had any proof, whatsoever, of any of those allegations, they wouldn't be having another one of these "Witch Hunt" Congressional Hearings that they so dearly love doing for the publicity to make look like they are actually doing something!
It wouldn't be necessary to have them, if there were any proof, or even any reasonable evidence! They would just go straight to the Impeachment Proceedings and present their evidence in it! It's a FARCE, just like all their other Witch Hunts have been...and they seem to have one about every month!
Their time would be much better spent , trying to address the Nations many problems, but that would be expecting too much of them, considering the level of their intelligence! THROW THE BUMS OUT OF OFFICE, ASAP...THEY'RE WORTHLESS AS LEGISLATORS!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#78899 May 8, 2013
I am going to quote from an editorial recently printed in the local paper." From James Madison to the mid 20th century we had a tariff. This provided revenue for the US government to keep other taxes low and build the nation's infrastructure. Tariffs prevented exploiters of labor from getting rich here on sweatshops abroad. Tariffs favored US companies by letting them compete for free in the US market while a cover charge was placed on foreign goods entering the USA. Foreign prodcers would pay tariffs for the privalege of competing here, while US companies paid income taxes ......But in the late 20th century, America abandoned as "protectionism" what Henry Clay called the American System. We gave up economic patriotism. We gave up on the idea that the US economy should be structured for the benefit of...Americans. We embraced Globalization.
The ideaological basis of globalization was that, just as what was best for America was a free market where US companies produce and sell anywhere freely and equally in the USA, this model can be applied worldwide. We can create a global economy where companies produce where they wish and sell where they wish......the big boosters of the concept were the transnational corps. They could now shift plants and factories out of the high wage well regulated US economy to Mexico, China and India.....produce for pennies, ship their products back to the USA and sell here at the old price and pocket the difference." Some " predicted this would lead inexorably to the deindustrialization of America, a halt to the steady rise in US worker's wages and standard of living and the enrichment of a new class of corporations.
Meanwhile other nations .......would invade and capture huge slices of the US market for their home companies. The losere were the companies that stayed in the USA and produced for the USA, with American workers.
And so it came to pass. US real wages haven't risen in 40 years.
In the first decade of the century, America lost 5 to 6 million manufacturing job, one in every three we had, as 55,000 factories closed. Since Bush 41 touted the New World Order, we have run trade deficits of 10 trillion dollars. Everybody-- the EU, China, Japan, Mexico, Canada---now runs a trade surplus at the expense of the USA.
We built a global economy--by gutting our own.

Pat Buchannan wrote this editorial and, while I usually find myself disagreeing with Pat, I think h is spot on with this one.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#78900 May 8, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Well.OA, where is the proof that there was zero outrage over those deaths? At least they weren't classified as "workplace violence" as was the Ft. Hood shooting by this loon president. The impeachment is for lying to the American people.
There was and still is outrage over those deaths...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guinn 8 min Lexie 3
buck garland 10 min heard from a friend 10
Preston Pitts a.k.a Jason Miller (scammer) (Mar '13) 19 min bountyhunter 37
Possible Animal Neglect 23 min animal lover 5
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 30 min TheRealZeke 9,316
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 32 min Jennifer Renee 3,658
BURNS JAIL 40 to 400 inmates at 35k per year 34 min freddie 4
Davis Street 7 hr CampCreeper 33
old men at greystone dump 9 hr visitor 16
south greene football 11 hr vincen F 39
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••