“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#77968 May 2, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
And not a Single Member of the House has given back a penny, to date, and they won't, IMO...they're too greedy.
Three Democratic Senators did and two Republican Senators did, out of a Hundred...but not a Single One of the House Of Representatives did, not one!
So, out of the entire Legislative Branch of the Federal Government...and I believe that 536 Members, including the President, only 6 People followed gave back anything...4 Democrats and 2 Republicans, all totaled!
That ought to tell the American People something about their Legislators and their Party Members and what most of them are all about!
BTW, the average salary of a Member of the House of Representatives is about $200,000 a year in salary, alone. Senators make a few more thousand than that, about $25,000 more...in salary alone, not counting all their Perks, which are many!
How much did you give back?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#77969 May 2, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning OT, Willard would like us to believe he is the "Infallible Oracle of Truth", see post #77916.
Maybe in his own delusional thinking.
I do understand there is a actual test for this, it's called (PDI),
"The Peters Delusion Inventory"
I mean with all of his issues with the government and his "friends", Mary Ann, Carol, lil Jamie ect. this test just might help Willard.
Good morning !! He tickles me ! I just loved his OUTRAGE at the idea that another poster used two screen names, but concocted the most outrageous excuse I have ever read for his own use of multiple "monickers" as he calls them !

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#77970 May 2, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
OW, your SS is already paid for . It was paid for by the Generation before you...your Mom and Dad paid for yours. What you're paying into the SS Fund during your working years, is for the next Generation after you...your Kids' Retirement or your Nieces and Nephews Retirement, not your own Retirement Fund Benefits.!
That's the way Social Security was set up and that's the way it works!
You got it backwards anyway Linda. My parents paid for their parents, just as I paid for my parents and my kids will pay for mine.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#77971 May 2, 2013
ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never "compelled" fools to do anything for me. I don't care what you do with your money, it's the "government" that forces generations of fools to provide a never ending slush-fund for government to rape and pillage, only to leave it full of IOU's!
By the way, idiots are always easily surprised!
Then you should be surprised to find that the Communist Chinese have trillions of their dollars invested in the same financial instruments that the Social Security Trust Fund has it's money invested in !
I guess the joke's on them.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#77972 May 2, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
OK - I sell my Marlin 336C 30/30 to my son.
I served in the Marine Corp., have a file at the FBI as well as the TBI, have not only a HCP in Tennessee - but virtually all other states as well, a FFL Class3, and have never been convicted of a crime.
My son, served in the Marines Corp., has a HCP, and has never been convicted of a crime.
WHERE is there ANY justification that a background check be performed when I sell to my son?
The fact is - and liberals may chatter until the cows come home - there is none. All this federal expanded background check scheme is about is liberals wanting to pass a feel good law that does NOTHING to deter crime.
Nuh_, I find it odd that you would "sell" a gun to your son!
Why not give it to him, I mean he is your son. As a parent myself, I would never sell anything to my own Son/Daughter, if I didn't need something and my offspring needed it, I would just give it to them.

Since: Feb 13

Guild

#77973 May 2, 2013
D'OH!!!!

I guess Nancy Pelosi was on to something...having never read the ObamaCare bill she stated that they would have to pass it to find out what was in it!

Her illustrious conterpart, Harry Reid:

"More funding needed to prevent ObamaCare from becoming 'train wreck'"

IMAGINE THAT!!!

A liberal democrat that wants to spend MORE taxpayer money to 'fix' a problem created when DEMOCRATS were going to 'fix' a problem.

Priceless!!!

Guild

#77974 May 2, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Nuh_, I find it odd that you would "sell" a gun to your son!
Why not give it to him, I mean he is your son. As a parent myself, I would never sell anything to my own Son/Daughter, if I didn't need something and my offspring needed it, I would just give it to them.
That was a hypothetical Dunlapian - however, under the federal extended background check scheme...this is EXACTLY what would have to happen.

BTW - of course in our cases it would be grandchildren - but under EXISTING law you cannot buy a gun 'for' a minor. So, to be legal, if one is going to buy a .22 they sign that it is for them - even if the intent is to give it to a child.

Furthermore, under EXISTING law, you sign that you are buying a gun for your personal use. Therefore, it cannot be an investment - such as you buying a car, house, etc. to "flip".

This is what are called straw purchases that get libs so upset.

Guild

#77975 May 2, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
This being Topix, I will not post HOW I know, but suffice to say, I could prove that you can buy a gun at a table, inside a gun show without a background check.
If so, that is against existing federal law...and in the strictest reading of the law - you are an accessory and could be charged if you know such and do not report it. That's the law.

However, you do make a great point - the laws are on the books, and by your own admission here - they don't work. So, the typical liberal solution is to....pass more laws.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#77976 May 2, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Then you should be surprised to find that the Communist Chinese have trillions of their dollars invested in the same financial instruments that the Social Security Trust Fund has it's money invested in !
I guess the joke's on them.
The same "instrument" does not mean the same outcome, nor does it assume the same manner of execution or management! I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable to asses any such sytem in China, but the American SS joke is clearly played upon the American people!

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#77977 May 2, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Nuh_, I find it odd that you would "sell" a gun to your son!
Like my Dad always said. If you want something like a car, gun, etc. You Will pay for it. Only then will you respect and take care of it.
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

#77978 May 2, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not Elected Officials of our Governing Bodies...they are EMPLOYEES!! DUH!
They do not Pass Laws, nor vote on Laws to be Passed or Not Passed, they have no say-so in that, they just make recommendations, if asked, and then, do what they are told to do!
I swear some of you People, obviously, have no more idea of how your Federal Gov't. works than you know how to make a Rocket fly into Outer Space! It's astounding!
What the hell does that have to do with giving back 5%? Only elected officials should do it?

And it wasn't even Obama's idea. Chuck Hagel and Ashton Carter, unelected officials, were the first.

It was a publicity stunt, pure and simple. They work on simple minded, uninformed people.

Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#77979 May 2, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
Like my Dad always said. If you want something like a car, gun, etc. You Will pay for it. Only then will you respect and take care of it.
My post was about if "I didn't need something" and my Son/Daughter "did need it", I would just give it to them.
Of course if they just out of the blue want something, YES, of course they would have to pay for it, 100%.
I would never hustle my kids.
But I guess we all raise our kids differently.

Location hidden

#77980 May 2, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it backwards anyway Linda. My parents paid for their parents, just as I paid for my parents and my kids will pay for mine.
I know it's an outwardly attractive idea, but it's a totally fictitious construct! The leap-frog dynamic everyone is misled by is totally mythical. It's as mythical as the idea that a tangible amount of money, or its residual, lies somewhere in an account - where it actually should be. But, this does not exist!

Here's why! The leap-frog idea is easy to market because it "insinuates" legitimacy of the generational/pay-it-forward scam because of its generational collection premise. It provides some cover for the fact that there "IS NO" social security "fund" (only an obligation to pay) and there IS NO money! It is a mythical, non-existant construct, period.

Let me ask, do you believe that these so-called pay-it-forward payments from generations ago would be here next Thursday if the economy belched hard? The truth of my contention lies clearly in the answer!

I remeber when Congress made the SS funds fair game for zero interest loans for minority businesses. Most were never paid back. I also remember when the fund was made fair game to pay hospital bills for child delivery services (most wer in border states) rendered to over-the border illegal aliens..walking through hospital E.R. doors twenty four hours a day just minutes from dropping another indigent child upon the backs of American tax-paters!

The "ideas" of social security were good ones, but congress and our Presidents have plowed it with a vengance. It's chilling to observe the chosen rationalizations over admitting that they have literally bankrupted the system. It's an easy summation, congress and the state department simply can't get enough money to spend! They would have spent four times the entire national GDP if they could have gotten away with it!

We have created a government so enormous the U.S. Congress cannot control it, even if it chose to do so!

Location hidden

#77981 May 2, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>My post was about if "I didn't need something" and my Son/Daughter "did need it", I would just give it to them.
Of course if they just out of the blue want something, YES, of course they would have to pay for it, 100%.
I would never hustle my kids.
But I guess we all raise our kids differently.
Yes, very differently! I'm not sure I can ascribe to your salutation of only "giving" your children something you "don't" need! I have a different approach entirely!

The sound understanding of money shared by my kids is the direct result of "training" them to sart with, to prominently include instructuion and supervision of "acceptable" debt for things desired. Without doing this at an early age, as NTMD8R posed, disaster awaits!
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

#77982 May 2, 2013
Obama set a goal to sell 1 MILLION electric cars.

Unfortunately, another electric car company bites the dust:

Electric-Car Maker Coda Files for Bankruptcy to Seek Sale

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-01/elec...

We're only two years from his target date. How's he doing?

Welllll, about as good as his goal to close Gitmo.

So far a total of 87,000 electric cars have been sold. He's only 913,000 short. But hey, maybe 76,000 people per month will start buying them.

But the Obama MO is to change the way electric car sales are calculated.

Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#77983 May 2, 2013
ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
The same "instrument" does not mean the same outcome, nor does it assume the same manner of execution or management! I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable to asses any such sytem in China, but the American SS joke is clearly played upon the American people!
I never asked you to assess the Chinese system. I merely pointed out that the assets of the social security trust fund are invested in the same finiancial instruments as the Communist Chinese have trillions invested in...U.S Treasuries. so...if all you posted were true, the joke's on them. Based on your take on the value of those treasuries of zero, our national debt just dropped by trillions...I guess Cheney must have been right, deficits don't matter after all.
Under the radar

Jamestown, TN

#77984 May 2, 2013
Do you people peal your own bananas?
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#77985 May 2, 2013
Under the radar wrote:
Do you people peal your own bananas?
It is PEEL.

Peal is a set of bells tuned to the tones of the major scale for change ringing....goober.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#77986 May 2, 2013
ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, very differently! I'm not sure I can ascribe to your salutation of only "giving" your children something you "don't" need! I have a different approach entirely!
The sound understanding of money shared by my kids is the direct result of "training" them to sart with, to prominently include instructuion and supervision of "acceptable" debt for things desired. Without doing this at an early age, as NTMD8R posed, disaster awaits!
Willard, do you give presents to your kids/grandkids at Christmas time, birthdays ect., without putting them through this emotional abuse.
The Holidays at the "Willard Kingdom" must be pure hell.
JFC

Jonesborough, TN

#77987 May 2, 2013
Olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama returned 5 percent of his income. He had to write a check. If you want to return funds you can. Call the whitehouse. Put your own tax funds where your mouth is, Willard.
Hey Retard! He had to write a check? Are you kidding me, WTF?!
Let's just see what our tax funds give the president EVERY YEAR for at least 4 years.
$400,000 salary
$100,000 travel account (non taxable)
$50,000 expense account
$19,000 entertainment allowance

Shitfire bitch! His entertainment money alone is a more than or equal to a lot of peoples annual net income and taxpayers pay for that. He wrote a check for $20,000.
Oh dear! Oh my!! A whole $20,000 out of the $569,000 available to him every year, what ever will he do without all that money?

I would urge you to remember this wise old saying -
Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 8 min i dont know 7
dirtbag shoots cat,goes to jail 11 min I know 66
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 27 min Bree_Z 5,545
Pooja (Mar '14) 37 min NobodyUKno 7
wheel tax 1 hr Yeah 115
Interesting article about internet trolling.... 1 hr Word Woman 1
Feeling lonely for the holidays 1 hr Word Woman 69
What is your favorite poem? 7 hr csmaven 127
Does any one know anything bout the poor baby t... 12 hr Word Warrior 12
Aggravated Statutory Rape in Greene County 22 hr Counsler Bob 97